PDA

View Full Version : This is the last year for the Spurs

Fillmoe
05-16-2007, 10:27 PM
to contend for a title with the team they currently have. They are getting old. Their superstar players is gonna be 32 next year. Who is next in line for them? They have just a bunch of good players but no real leader..... Ginobili, Parker... who else? They are gonna have to go through a rebuilding phase really soon.

timmydidit
05-16-2007, 11:03 PM
---->

209Goodfella
05-16-2007, 11:11 PM
Nah they arent going to be a shit hole like SAC is in for a long while. Thanks for your insights. :sleep

vander
05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Duncan's got at least 3 years of greatness left in him. but I do worry that Ginobili is on the downhill side already.

to stay on top we need a young athletic 3, and god I don't even want to think of spurs basketball post-Duncan.

txmed
05-17-2007, 12:51 AM
Whatever the validity of this discussion why the fuck are we having it right now?

Don't even touch this shit.

Viva Las Espuelas
05-17-2007, 12:56 AM
to contend for a title with the team they currently have. They are getting old. Their superstar players is gonna be 32 next year. Who is next in line for them? They have just a bunch of good players but no real leader..... Ginobili, Parker... who else? They are gonna have to go through a rebuilding phase really soon.hey genius. everyone tends to get old as a year goes by. "fill" your head with "moe" better crap than this.

cherylsteele
05-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Saying the last year implies that the Spurs actually have won something in the past......compared to...say.....the Kings.

Ronaldo McDonald
05-17-2007, 01:01 AM
Duncan's got at least 3 years of greatness left in him. but I do worry that Ginobili is on the downhill side already.

to stay on top we need a young athletic 3, and god I don't even want to think of spurs basketball post-Duncan.

Ginobili may have been playing over his head those couple of years.

He's a player that is awesome when he has confidence, and he just had a ton of it those couple of years.

Johnny RIngo
05-17-2007, 01:05 AM
The Spurs will always be a 50 win team as long as Duncan's there. They will need to shake some things up if they want to continue to challenge for a title though. Guys like Vaughn, Udrih, Oberto, Elson, etc aren't going to cut it considering the talent of other teams.

exstatic
05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
When your 31 YO star is a big man, and big men are frequently known to play very effectively into their late 30s and sometimes into their 40s, you don't worry. Tim could easily play another 6-7 years and the Spurs would be contenders every one of those years.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 01:13 AM
TD is 31 and TP is 25. Decrepit.

sabar
05-17-2007, 01:14 AM
At least we will still have a better record than SAC even when we lose Duncan.

rr2418
05-17-2007, 01:22 AM
I know the OP was from a SAC fan but I have to agree with him. The Spurs do need another "superstar" type player but that is easier said than done. It was an ugly win but of course I'm glad the Spurs won. Still, I think the team has lots of holes to fill in the offseason.

TxJudsonRocketTx
05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
to contend for a title with the team they currently have. They are getting old. Their superstar players is gonna be 32 next year. Who is next in line for them? They have just a bunch of good players but no real leader..... Ginobili, Parker... who else? They are gonna have to go through a rebuilding phase really soon.

Hoemoe

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 01:34 AM

They need to get a little better in their supporting cast but Timmy is still the best player in the NBA and he still will be next year so i am not all that worried.

Josepatches
05-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Jordan had 36 in 1998 and he was the best.Of course there is only one MJ but without injuries Duncan can play good basketball until 35.

Loose Cannon
05-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Woopty fuck then, we might as well enjoy it :)

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
If the Spurs can find a way to win their 4th title in the Duncan Era i will want more but totally accept it if they don't win another one after that. How much as a fan can you truly ask?

SpursChampsIII
05-17-2007, 01:43 AM

The only thing you need to think about is the steady ass-whoopins the Spurs give your punk-ass team regularly. Suckramento = lottery for the next 10 years. :clap

DDS4
05-17-2007, 01:52 AM
Because the Kings have such a bright future?

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 01:54 AM
Re: This is the last year for the Spurs

There's still 09, 11 and 13 :toast :dramaquee :lol

Chris
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
I call bullshit. Duncan easily has 3 solid years left maybe more. Tony Parker just turned 25 and has been an all star the last two years. He is our future. The Spurs scouting staff is among the best, if not the best in the league. Also, the Spurs are a classy organization which makes it easier to pick up veterans and role players ie:Finley,Horry,Barry,Elliott,Kerr...on and on. Spurs will remain a playoff contender for many years into the future. We're a beta version of the Celtics dynasty.

Baelzar
05-17-2007, 02:05 AM
to contend for a title with the team they currently have.Ha. The Suns have everything riding on this year. You're so far over the salary cap you can't even see it any more.

It's going to be an ugly off-season for the Suns, especially after they lose. Back to the drawing board. It's gonna be like a cheap "B" slasher flick. CHOP! There goes Marion....

Salary cap. Learn it.

mikekim
05-17-2007, 02:19 AM
You know what's gonna happen? Five years from now, Tim will have a season-ending ankle injury, Manu will have a severe, severe contusion and break an ankle as well, and Tony will play the first 2 months and be out the rest due to a broken left arm. Spurs will bring back eddie jones, who will be playing in Euro-league at the time (a la Dominique Wilkins) and he will be starting for us, along with various scrubs. Even with James White stepping up, we will finish with the 3rd worst record in the league.

Somehow, we will win the lottery, beating out Boston (who got the 3rd pick in the 2007 draft) and will pick a fundamentally sound power forward out of Texas named Jim Bankin (or David Stealinson?). He will come in, and alongside Duncan, will win two more titles before Duncan retires.

End of story. Repeat at the end of Bankin's career.

SRJ
05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Keep telling yourself that.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Duncan averaged 20 and 10 on two bad wheels playing low minutes with no reliance on athletic ability because he could barely jump. He can continue to do at least that until his back gives out. How old is Deke?

Strike
05-17-2007, 02:31 AM
The only thing you need to think about is the steady ass-whoopins the Spurs give your punk-ass team regularly. Suckramento = lottery for the next 10 years. :clap

Don't forget Sackacrappo, Excremento, Neckramento, Happyhandsgovernoramento, etc.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:32 AM
Excremento
:lol

efrem1
05-17-2007, 02:36 AM
If the Spurs can find a way to win their 4th title in the Duncan Era i will want more but totally accept it if they don't win another one after that. How much as a fan can you truly ask?

My thoughts exactly. If they do win that fourth title, my days of watching Spurs games might be numbered. I've been rooting for this team for decades and I might hang it up knowing that I was part of something special. :toast

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:38 AM
I'll root for them as long as it's healthy. If I ever find myself unable to enjoy playing with my kids after a big spurs loss I'll stop following the team.

efrem1
05-17-2007, 02:40 AM
Don't forget Sackacrappo, Excremento, Neckramento, Happyhandsgovernoramento, etc.

Ease up on Sacramento son. They will be without a team in a few years. They can get excited watching whales swim up the river. :spin

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:20 AM
Ease up on Sacramento son. They will be without a team in a few years. They can get excited watching whales swim up the river. :spin

Hell, they're nearly without a team now!

Mr. Body
05-17-2007, 03:58 AM
Hey, it's a big offseason. Two decent draft picks, the rights to Scola. This team can retool.

L.I.T
05-17-2007, 04:02 AM
A lot of people wrote off the Utah Jazz when Malone and Stockton retired. But they stuck by their system, rebuilt through savvy drafting and free-agent signings while maintaining their corporate culture.

It can be done.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2007, 04:30 AM
:lol @ this being the last year.

Thanks Nostradamus.