PDA

View Full Version : In all seriousness, Suns you have my respect now.

gaKNOW!blee
05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
not suns FANS, but the Phoenix Suns truly have my respect, not that they need it from an 18 yr old kid on a message board but that was a gutty performance and they derserved to win.

however this takes away the excuse that they lost cause they had no Amare, because they had the chance to win the game and were even up 16, but the Spurs proved why they are 3 time champions.

NO COMPLAINING.

nkdlunch
05-17-2007, 12:27 AM
I don't understand why ppl thought this was gonna be a cakewalk. This was a very dangerous game. Steve Nash is about 75% of Suns. Amare is overrated. Comeon. Suns w/out Steve Nash would have lost by 45. But if you keep Nash, Suns still a very good team.

That plus it was on their homecourt, and they were inspired. I give props to Nash, he is a beast. Amare is overrated, Elson would look like an allstar in a team with Nash.

AZSportsFan
05-17-2007, 12:28 AM
You mean the 6 guy rotation? Yeah, faded at the end - hmmm, I wonder why. But actually, SA did what they were expected to go, and that is how it should be. I wish the whole mess hadn't gone down. But props (seriously) to SA for taking care of business when it needed to. I hope the Suns can do the same on Friday.

Spurminator
05-17-2007, 12:29 AM
Both teams played hard.

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 12:30 AM
I don't. Nash and Thomas especially have my respect, and so does Diaw and Barbosa. James Jones too I guess. But the others, no.

gaKNOW!blee
05-17-2007, 12:30 AM
You mean the 6 guy rotation? Yeah, faded at the end - hmmm, I wonder why. But actually, SA did what they were expected to go, and that is how it should be. I wish the whole mess hadn't gone down. But props (seriously) to SA for taking care of business when it needed to. I hope the Suns can do the same on Friday.

Come on man the 6 man rotation is no excuse, The suns choose their players, if they cant play dont bring them to the team.

Matrix Marion
05-17-2007, 12:31 AM
I don't. Nash and Thomas especially have my respect, and so does Diaw and Barbosa. James Jones too I guess. But the others, no.
Marion?

BillsCarnage
05-17-2007, 12:33 AM
It was a valiant effort, but the Spurs just wore them down at the end. I think KT should have been in at the end because he can hit the mid range jumper and pull Duncan out, but D'Ant choose to stay small. Also, the Spurs did a great job neutralizing Marion in the second half.

If the Suns come out w/ the hustle and fire they showed tonight they should be able to steal gm6.

Many of us Suns fans have said over and over this isn't the same team from 2yrs ago on deaf ears.

While the suspensions were just, it's unfortunate that it took away from the series, but that's how the ball bounces.

gaKNOW!blee
05-17-2007, 12:33 AM
A serious question here...

If the Spurs are full strength, and they play the Suns with everyone except Nash what do you think the score would be?

Im going with Spurs 100, Suns 75

ponky
05-17-2007, 12:34 AM
Come on man the 6 man rotation is no excuse, The suns choose their players, if they cant play dont bring them to the team.

fuck that shit, they didn't choose anything. the spurs played like ground shit tonight, now go *celebrate* that much *deserved* win because your golly gee team is done, they aren't going to do shit the next two games

AZSportsFan
05-17-2007, 12:35 AM
You know what I mean - no need to gloat over the situation any longer.

Good game Spurs. For a moment we thought we had it - but just couldn't get it done. Should it end on Friday, I hope that Sarver keeps it together for one more year but that the Suns actually use some draft picks to infuse some youth into the team. See you on Friday.

ducks
05-17-2007, 12:36 AM
Fuck The Suns

rayray2k8
05-17-2007, 12:38 AM
The suns have my respect.
The fans don't.
But dont count them out, they can easily win on friday and end the series on Sunday.
I get the feeling that there will be a game 7.
Buckle up spurs fans.

AZSportsFan
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM
A serious question here...

If the Spurs are full strength, and they play the Suns with everyone except Nash what do you think the score would be?

Im going with Spurs 100, Suns 75
Probably - but I don't get your point. If the Spurs limited their rotation to 6 players, what do YOU think the score would be?

It is what it is - I am not trying to claim asterisk - I am trying to say don't pretend that two rotation players don't matter just because Nash is All-World. He can't do it alone, just like Duncan couldn't.

Again, the Spurs did what they needed to do. At least the Suns made it exciting.

Dave McNulla
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM
i take my hat off to the suns. they were gritty tonight. they had guts.

ATXSPUR
05-17-2007, 12:40 AM
fuck that shit, they didn't choose anything. the spurs played like ground shit tonight, now go *celebrate* that much *deserved* win because your golly gee team is done, they aren't going to do shit the next two games

feeling better now?

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 12:43 AM

Spurs played like "ground shit" and won. One step closer to #4. Enjoy it.

Slydragon
Thomas gots mine he look so damn tired, but he still gave it his all on Tim. Kinda like Rose before he go the fat contract.

ponky
feeling better now?

:lmao stfu you sniveling crybaby, you gave up on your team in the first half with that bawling thread you started. talk about no faith in your team, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for not manning up and having faith in your team against a depleted suns team. how embarrassing. yeah, i feel pretty damn good, the spurs have not looked themselves at all this series, it's a sign of good things to come in the future knowing that they are finally on the decline

Leetonidas
Someone's bitter. :dizzy

blaze89
05-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Marion has 20 pts in the first half, had 0 pts in the 3rd quarter and ended up with 24 for the evening.

What happened?

gaKNOW!blee
Probably - but I don't get your point. If the Spurs limited their rotation to 6 players, what do YOU think the score would be?

It is what it is - I am not trying to claim asterisk - I am trying to say don't pretend that two rotation players don't matter just because Nash is All-World. He can't do it alone, just like Duncan couldn't.

Again, the Spurs did what they needed to do. At least the Suns made it exciting.

No i wasnt really trying to say anything with that, I was just trying to give props to Nash about how great of a player he is.

Borosai
I can't say I respect the Suns because I really can't stand most of them, but they definitely played hard...at least they don't quit, and that's good. But you know what they are probably thinking...if only.

hater
05-17-2007, 12:45 AM
Marion has 20 pts in the first half, had 0 pts in the 3rd quarter and ended up with 24 for the evening.

What happened?

that's how the matrix rolls

ducks
05-17-2007, 12:47 AM
4 free throws
marion is so overrated

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
You should have had respect for them 3 years ago..

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I agree that the Suns were a gritty bunch tonight and I think they ultimately ran out of gas. They deserve big time props for their effort. As a Spurs fan, I don't think that they deserved to win tonight. I think, in some ways, that it's shameful that the Suns' effort wasn't rewarded. At the same time, I think the Spurs played like garbage for 3 quarters and then found a way to grind out a victory against an undermanned team in the 4th.

Ultimately, the Spurs got the win and given the way Game 4 ended, I'll take that victory.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 12:49 AM
:lmao stfu you sniveling crybaby, you gave up on your team in the first half with that bawling thread you started. talk about no faith in your team, you ought to be ashamed of yourself for not manning up and having faith in your team against a depleted suns team. how embarrassing. yeah, i feel pretty damn good, the spurs have not looked themselves at all this series, it's a sign of good things to come in the future knowing that they are finally on the decline

I'd feel like shit after making NBA history in the way no one wants to make NBA history. Therapy might be a good option for you.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 12:50 AM
On to Game 6.

Strike
05-17-2007, 12:51 AM

Like your team did, fucktard?

ATXSPUR
05-17-2007, 12:51 AM

You are right I had no faith. I will be the first to admit when the Spurs look like shit I am going to get pissed and go nuts. Fact is I dont care what I look like as long as the Spurs win.

But it is better to cry about a game involving your team than to cry about a game where you are trying to coatail success for your choking team i.e. what you are doing right now.

:elephant

ducks
05-17-2007, 12:52 AM
Fuck The Suns

efrem1
05-17-2007, 12:52 AM
I'll make few posts tonight because of the circumstances. The Spurs get the win, but nearly did the sans Yao-Ben Wallace special and lose to an undermanned team. Nice job Suns, but you came up a bit short. I can't wish for a game 7, so I hope you will have a great fishing season

Sincerly,
Virgil Ward
Jimmy Houston
Bill Dance

ponky
05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
Like your team did, fucktard?

exactly like my team bitch, i've already stated several times that my team fucked up and played like shit, next

TampaDude
05-17-2007, 12:56 AM
Same here...the Suns were really tough tonight...the Spurs didn't pull it out until the very end.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 01:06 AM
I can't say I respect the Suns because I really can't stand most of them, but they definitely played hard...at least they don't quit, and that's good. But you know what they are probably thinking...if only.

Yeah, if the tables were turned... the Spurs probably would have taken a cheap shot to try to injure a player at the end. Oh wait, that is what they did!

Spurs SUCK ASS! Barely beat the Suns scrubs! Suns in 7!

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Fuck The Suns

Whoever told you to be yourself gave you bad advice.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 01:07 AM
Running over a shooter in the act is dangerous stuff. Thank God dirty Nash didn't injure Ginobili.

ATXSPUR
05-17-2007, 01:08 AM
Yeah, if the tables were turned... the Spurs probably would have taken a cheap shot to try to injure a player at the end. Oh wait, that is what they did!

steve nash is a scrub????

mikekim
05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
They've always had my respect I think (at least in the Steve Nash era), but a lot more after after Game 4. Not as individual people necessarily, but as a basketball team, yeah, I respect them a great deal. I'm sure the Spurs respect them. You tend to lose playoff series when you don't respect your opponents.

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:09 AM
Whoever told you to be yourself gave you bad advice.
yeah because then I would get hiv

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:11 AM
Nice to see Marion have a breakout game. The Suns played a good game with a great job of jumping on the Spurs early when they came out flat. It looked like a replay of last year when the Spurs would allow a good opponent to jump out to a huge lead and then be unable to catch them. Awesome game. Great second half. You don't need to score 220 points to have a great basketball game.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:12 AM

:lol at Suns fan calling the majority of last year's team scrubs.

Amarelooms
05-17-2007, 01:13 AM
The Suns don;t need or want your respect losers lol. We are all nobodies on here

JustSpurs
05-17-2007, 01:16 AM

How are the "My Little Ponys" doing in the second round?

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 01:16 AM

wow, this was a decent discussion until this stupid fucking post came along.

myhc
05-17-2007, 01:29 AM
The Suns have my utmost respect and admiration, especially the real MVP, Steve Nash. I'm just amazed every time I watch that guy. We were shellshocked the first half thanks to that crowd. You played your guts out and almost pulled it off at the end. I'm expecting another nail biting game 6 and honestly, would not be at all surprised if this goes back to Phoenix.

Spurs Brazil
05-17-2007, 07:20 AM
F*** the Suns and their fans and also Nash

SAGambler
05-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Suns played a gritty game. Props to them all. I really didn't think it would be that close, but then I really didn't look for the Spurs to play such a shitty offensive first half. Lowest points in a quarter and lowest points in a half. Now either there is some D being played in Phoenix or the Spurs need to go back to shooting school.

I think we can expect a barn burner of a game come Friday. Another down to the wire finish, and hopefully the Spurs can close it out. I really don't want to see a game 7 at Suns house.

All around great game, and I was pleasantly surprised how well the officiating went, considering what I was expecting.

ambchang
05-17-2007, 08:14 AM
Big props to Nash and Thomas, can't say the same to everyone else.
What this game brings is that the Suns know that the Spurs offense often stagnate if you leave them for open shots. When the 3pters go in, the Spurs are unstoppable, but the problem is they sometimes go through cold stretches where the Spurs can't hit anything.
The Suns also did their part on the perimeter, they are quick and long enough to pack then lane, and pop to disturb the shooter, causing many of the Spurs misses.
This game also taught the Suns how to double Duncan, and the Spurs better learn from this game by having Ginobili, Finley and Parker cut to the basket and Duncan moving a little higher in the post when Duncan is doubled.
All in all, we haven't seen anything we did not expect in this game, the Suns were MUCH better defensively when Amare was out in Games 1 -4, but much worse offensively, this game just shows how it's like for 48 minutes straight.

Soul_Patch
05-17-2007, 08:16 AM
I concurr with the original post. I knew this game would be tough, i really don't see Amare being the anchor of this team, but wow...they really played on a whole new level last night.

Rattled my cage fo sho....

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Nash is still a warrior.

D'Antoni is still a crybaby and a softie.

And Amare still has the mind of a 4-year-old child.