PDA

View Full Version : Pathetic.

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 12:35 AM
This was the most pathetic playoff performance I've ever seen. The Suns absolutely sucked although they gave it their all, and the Spurs slept walked through pretty much the entire game. The game should have been over by the beginning of the 4th with a 30 point game. Make the wide open damn shots.

In true Spurs 2007 fashion they may have lucked out another aspect on this series. The Suns played on overdrive all game long and now every meaningful player on that team except Diaw and Stoudemire are burned. They have to be. Nash has to come out in less than 48 hours after traveling to San Antonio and play another 43 or so minutes, and if the Spurs actually fucking show up in game 6 they should be able to wear down the Suns to take the series. Unfuckingbelieveable.

L.I.T
05-17-2007, 12:37 AM
This has always been a problem for the team, and I've always wondered where it stems from. Coaching? Corporate culture? Players?

lrrr
05-17-2007, 12:38 AM
Nah, it was all orchesterated. As a token gesture to the NBA, Pop wanted to keep it close for the drama. You know, "improve the product".

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 12:41 AM
Nah, it was all orchesterated. As a token gesture to the NBA, Pop wanted to keep it close for the drama. You know, "improve the product".

:lol

Fucking CIA. Let them think they're gonna win so everyone who matters plays 47 minutes and burns their asses out. Play your players half assed to rest then drive the daggers in the end.

The Spurs will be rested come Friday since they didn't show up tonight.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 12:46 AM
This was the most pathetic playoff performance I've ever seen. The Suns absolutely sucked although they gave it their all, and the Spurs slept walked through pretty much the entire game. The game should have been over by the beginning of the 4th with a 30 point game. Make the wide open damn shots.

In true Spurs 2007 fashion they may have lucked out another aspect on this series. The Suns played on overdrive all game long and now every meaningful player on that team except Diaw and Stoudemire are burned. They have to be. Nash has to come out in less than 48 hours after traveling to San Antonio and play another 43 or so minutes, and if the Spurs actually fucking show up in game 6 they should be able to wear down the Suns to take the series. Unfuckingbelieveable.

Gee, I wonder why they sucked? Maybe its because they were in a playoff game against the team with league's toughest defense while missing two key players.

Phoenix did not suck. They busted their asses and almost pulled off a huge, historical franchise win.

CubanMustGo
05-17-2007, 12:53 AM
All the Spurs' big shots were over 35 minutes, they're not exactly going to be fresh for Game 6 either:

Duncan 41
Bowen 40
Parker 40
Ginobli 38
Findog 37

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 12:54 AM
Gee, I wonder why they sucked? Maybe its because they were in a playoff game against the team with league's toughest defense while missing two key players.

Phoenix did not suck. They busted their asses and almost pulled off a huge, historical franchise win.

The Spurs defense was spotty all night long, too many open threes and open lanes to the basket. In the end it doesn't matter since they got the win, but the matchups were a big problem with the Spurs all night long. I think D'Antoni goes to the extremely small lineup a couple of times in game 6 due to the matchup problems it poses. The fact is, the Spurs were sloppy and shot like Stevie Wonder for 3 1/2 Q before finally waking up. At least they woke up.

Good news is that the Spurs rarely play back to back shitty games. I'm looking forward to hard nosed Spurs basketball come Friday.

Strike
05-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Honestly except for that early run by the Suns, the Spurs played their game. When Duncan wasn't doubled, he took it to the rim. When he was doubled, he kicked it out to a jump shooter. The problem was Ginobili and Finley weren't making the open shots in the 1st three quarters.

That said, Phoenix made the most of it. Matrix was nails in the first half. I still don't like him or any player on the Suns, but they played a great game. Just didn't have enough at the end. Not to mention the Spurs actually started MAKING shots in the 2nd half, the 4th quarter especially.

But, from a defensive standpoint, the Spurs played decent in the 1st half, save that embarrassing run they allowed. They only gave up 44 in the 1st. Their offense just sucked ass. A few made 3's and some open jumpers drop, the game would have been much closer at halftime.

I'll take nothing away from Phoenix. San Antonio just came back from the brink and pulled it out.

txmed
05-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Sure, any time you're starring at a 20-something FG% during a game it implies a cold shooting night. But on first glance I have to give the Suns' defense a lot of credit.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit if when going back over the game footage it turns out that more often than not when Duncan passed out those double teams we ended up having to reset our offense (rather than take an open shot).

They confused Duncan at times, they closed out well, and they hustled...especially for a team with a short bench. Despite the loss, if I was D'Antoni I'd double Duncan quick even once Amare and Boris come back for Game 6. I'd keep doing it until the Spurs find open looks from such doubling more consistently and, more importantly, until the Spurs show they can shoot better than 35% from the arc and 40% from the field.

Yes, the Spurs had a poor shooting night independent of the Suns' defense. And no, the Suns don't turn into the Atlanta Haws without Stoudemire and Diaw, they're still a dangerous team. But give credit where it is due. The Suns were supposedly out talented, weren't exactly shooting well themselves and played a game at the Spurs' pace and were still in control for 3 1/2 quarters.

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:15 AM

did you watch the other game before this one

boutons_
05-17-2007, 01:16 AM
Suns shot 40.8%, same as the Spurs.

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 01:20 AM
did you watch the other game before this one
thankfully no. I learned not to watch the Cavs or Nets a long time ago, unless they play the Spurs or Bulls.

Did you hear Lebron James in the post game? He actually said that it doesn't matter because it's just basketball. Just basketball? If I was the team owner I'd shove my foot up his ass and tell him the millions of dollars I'm paying him to play a game better make it a blood and guts mission. His attitude is shit, and that's why he won't ever lead a team to a championship. He may piggy back one, but he can't take over like Michael or even Kobe who just want it so much more.

Strike
05-17-2007, 01:23 AM
thankfully no. I learned not to watch the Cavs or Nets a long time ago, unless they play the Spurs or Bulls.

Did you hear Lebron James in the post game? He actually said that it doesn't matter because it's just basketball. Just basketball? If I was the team owner I'd shove my foot up his ass and tell him the millions of dollars I'm paying him to play a game better make it a blood and guts mission. His attitude is shit, and that's why he won't ever lead a team to a championship. He may piggy back one, but he can't take over like Michael or even Kobe who just want it so much more.

Don't forget, that "it's just basketball" line came from a guy whose main concern is "to be the richest man in the world". Lebron James doesn't give a shit about the game. All he cares about is the scratch that he receives as a result of it. All players want the money but at least most of the marquee players actually respect and love the game.

Clutch20
05-17-2007, 01:23 AM
Amare is a........young player, to quote someone else's recent quote.

K-State Spur
05-17-2007, 01:27 AM
I'd be more worried if the team hadn't finished the game strong. They played pretty decently over the final 15 minutes.

Hopefully Manu carries that over to the next game. Duncan is going to get his one way or another. If Manu plays like Manu, the Suns are incapable of beating the Spurs. If he plays like crap, barring another game 1 type performance by Parker, the Spurs are really going to struggle to beat this team.

Another 9 out of 10 type game from Fin-dog would be greatly appreciated as well.

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 01:29 AM
Honestly except for that early run by the Suns, the Spurs played their game. When Duncan wasn't doubled, he took it to the rim. When he was doubled, he kicked it out to a jump shooter. The problem was Ginobili and Finley weren't making the open shots in the 1st three quarters.

Exactly. The Suns need to be less predictable and more selective about who they leave open when they double team if they want to have a chance, even at full strength.

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Exactly. The Suns need to be less predictable and more selective on who they leave open when they double team if they want to have a chance even at full strength.
suns coach FUCKING SUCKS
YOU NEED TO FIRE HIS FUCKING ASS
nash can create and get you a shot
you just have to have someone tell what play you want ran and he will run it

having his brother as an assistant is stupid he can not coach either

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 01:34 AM
suns coach FUCKING SUCKS

Uh ..yeah...I'll get on that right away.

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:35 AM
what is his record against the spurs with nash

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:37 AM
spurs style wins titles
suns style does not
mavs old style with nelson does not

AZSportsFan
05-17-2007, 01:42 AM
spurs style wins titles
suns style does not
We will gladly take Duncan off your hands and try it your way... You can have the rest.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 01:45 AM
suns coach FUCKING SUCKS
nash can create and get you a shot
you just have to have someone tell what play you want ran and he will run it

having his brother as an assistant is stupid he can not coach either

D'Antonio OWNED Pop-a-zit all night! Spurs only scored 13 in the 1st and 33 at half!!!! This from a team missing 2 of their key players! Sounds like a damn good case for coach of the year to me! Wow Spurs fans never cease to underwhelm me with their stupid shit! :p:

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
D'Antoni may have proved to burn his team and star Nash out by playing anyone who is any good 45+ minutes. Great coaching move.

cowgirlboots
05-17-2007, 01:48 AM
spurs style wins titles
suns style does not

Or the new style if were being tech here.... But i still love that team as well... I also like the spurs i just wish you guys could be umm less texan maybe...

ducks
05-17-2007, 01:49 AM
D'Antonio OWNED Pop-a-zit all night! Spurs only scored 13 in the 1st and 33 at half!!!! This from a team missing 2 of their key players! Sounds like a damn good case for coach of the year to me! Wow Spurs fans never cease to underwhelm me with their stupid shit! :p:
pop made the adjustments tonight
spurs scored more in each quarter
D'Antonio OWNED Pop in game 4

Spurologist
05-17-2007, 01:50 AM

WIN = WIN

dj chilla
05-17-2007, 01:52 AM

with 2 men short....full roster it wouldnt have been close...the nba favors san antonio....it's bullshit....ref evenly....

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Exactly. The Suns need to be less predictable and more selective about who they leave open when they double team if they want to have a chance, even at full strength.
That is the most basketball related take I've seen you contribute since you've been here. Well done. I think the Suns were scrambling just to try to be close to where the ball was. The Spurs had to scramble like that against Dallas last year. They gave it everything they had.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:57 AM
with 2 men short....full roster it wouldnt have been close...the nba favors san antonio....it's bullshit....ref evenly....
Too bad.

BTW, a fake Bobcats fan. That's almost original!