PDA

View Full Version : Whew! Everyone alive still?

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 12:39 AM
Manu Ginobili sure as hell is!

Great comeback from severe, laughingstock adversity. Way to fight through a rough crowd, an inspired opponent and shook off some tough calls.

The Spurs went from absolute rock bottom at the end of the first quarter to lucky survivors at the end of the fourth. I'll take it!

Its 2:30 AM in Brazil right now and after my knee surgery I should have long been in bed, but I couldn't give up on this team. I'm glad I didnt'.

Serious accolades go to Manu Ginobili for saving this game from humiliating defeat. He was icy late in the game and was in a zone I have not seen in ages. When he got called for that phantom push off on Jones with a few minutes left and he slammed the ball on the ground, you knew he was back and would carry this team the rest of the way.

Other players deserve credit as well, but Manu deserves lots of credit.

Friday will be a tough ass game. Hopefully Horry won't be needed for a late rescue.

What are your thoughts on Manu and any other performances?

NASpurs
05-17-2007, 12:43 AM
How about some consistency from Manu? It's all great and everything right now but this playing well once in a while crap is getting old!

I believe he'll repeat this same performance in game six though!

thekingrobert
05-17-2007, 12:46 AM
my heart is gonna give out if we dont win this series already and it's been like this throughout the playoff for the spurs, wheres the blowout game?

mrsmaalox
05-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I'm happy for Manu, but damn, I almost didn't make it. Easily lost 10 yrs from my lifespan!

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 12:48 AM
Manu Ginobili sure as hell is!

Great comeback from severe, laughingstock adversity. Way to fight through a rough crowd, an inspired opponent and some...to put it nicely...suspect officiating.

The Spurs went from absolute rock botten at the end of the first quarter to lucky survivors at the end of the fourth. I'll take it!

Its 2:30 AM in Brazil right now and after my knee surgery I should have long been in bed, but I couldn't give up on this team. I'm glad I didnt'.

Serious accolades go to Manu Ginobili for saving this game from humiliating defeat. He was icy late in the game and was in a zone I have not seen in ages. When he got called for that phantom push off on Jones with a few minutes left and he slammed the ball on the ground, you knew he was back and would carry this team the rest of the way.

Other players deserve credit as well, but Manu deserves lots of credit.

Saturday will be a tough ass game.

Manu had to come up big in the 4th for the team to win and did it in Manu fashion, even fighting through some Bell flops that were horrible calls against him. TP was a non-factor, and I'm extremely disappointed because with no shotblockers he should have eaten his lunch in the paint all night long. Overall, a bad and uninspired performance that ends up paying double dividends in the end. I think we'll all take it with a smile tonight - good way for the Spurs to pay back the Suns for game 4 and stealing one in the end.

timmydidit
05-17-2007, 12:50 AM
i almost had a heart attack

its not cute

Savannah
05-17-2007, 12:52 AM
By the way, won't the next game be Friday, rather than Saturday, as you originally stated?

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 12:55 AM
You're right...I'll edit it. Thanks!

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:02 AM
I think it was really nice of the Spurs to spot the Suns a big lead in order to give them a chance.

hater
05-17-2007, 01:04 AM
alive and well. I was not worried until about 4 minutes to play in the 4th, I don't know how I survived that.

Clutch20
05-17-2007, 01:10 AM
It was interesting to see, in the background, Duncan's body double over in exasperation when Manu overthrew the pass to Tony, and then see Tony's "oh shit" expression in slomo.
But I can laugh now, game 5 is packed away, and for the moment Rob Horry can let vindication flow through his psyche and drink deeply from the victory cup called game 5.

ca®lo
05-17-2007, 01:31 AM
i nearly passed out when manu threw the ball into a stands..

just after 2 great CONSECUTIVE defensive stops, we turned it over.

good thing the suns managed to lay an egg.

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 01:38 AM
I took some muscle relaxers ....i was so tense!

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 01:39 AM
I screamed so loud when Bowen hit the three that I got a head rush. It lasted so long I had to pause the game.

sprrs
05-17-2007, 01:51 AM
I screamed so loud when Bowen hit the three that I got a head rush. It lasted so long I had to pause the game.

Same here. I've NEVER yelled out of the top of my lungs before until that play, especially not in a public place. Felt good though. :spin :spin :spin

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 01:52 AM

awesome display of support :toast

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2007, 01:53 AM
whats weird is theu the whole game i never doubted this win for a second. even down by 10 - in my mind it was just the journey to a win.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 01:54 AM
The Manu unit needs to be reprogrammed.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
It was interesting to see, in the background, Duncan's body double over in exasperation when Manu overthrew the pass to Tony, and then see Tony's "oh shit" expression in slomo.
But I can laugh now, game 5 is packed away, and for the moment Rob Horry can let vindication flow through his psyche and drink deeply from the victory cup called game 5.
:lol

yeah, I swear it was up and down in the fourth for the team and Manu's overpass was crazy.

Luckily, he nutted up and got the defensive rebound again. :clap

This game was definitely a great Playoff GAME 5

carina_gino20
05-17-2007, 01:56 AM
Manu almost killed me during those last sequences. The Spurs would come up with defensive stops and we couldn't capitalize because of the turnovers. But even if he wasn't perfect, you knew the fight was in him and somehow he would make up for his mistakes and I give him props for that.

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Same here. I've NEVER yelled out of the top of my lungs before until that play, especially not in a public place. Felt good though. :spin :spin :spin

The loudest I've gotten in relation to a sports moment is a tie - first was the Memorial Day Miracle in '99 and the second was the Martyr, namely Big Shot Bob, blowing up Detroit in game 5 of '05. That's tense.

SenorSpur
05-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Barely alive with heart intact.

Manu is clearly the most combustible component on this team. One minute he's ripping your heart out with a careless, bonehead play. The next minute he's saving your ass with an incredible play. He's the one that going to take years off my life.

carina_gino20
05-17-2007, 02:01 AM
whats weird is theu the whole game i never doubted this win for a second. even down by 10 - in my mind it was just the journey to a win.

weird. that's exactly how I felt even when the Suns would answer our runs with one of their own and it seemed like we couldn't get over the hump. I still don't quite remember how we pulled out that win, the 4th Q is still pretty much a blur for me. :lol

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 02:02 AM
All in the name of entertainment! and worth every minute of it! :toast :toast

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:02 AM
awesome display of support :toast
When the Spurs played in Houston in February I went to the game with a friend. When Beno hit the three to either tie or take the lead I screamed so loud I could hear myself on the replay on FSN. That was awesome.

AnkleBreaker21
05-17-2007, 02:03 AM
yah right sure you didn't :lol

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:04 AM
weird. that's exactly how I felt even when the Suns would answer our runs with one of their own and it seemed like we couldn't get over the hump. I still don't quite remember how we pulled out that win, the 4th Q is still pretty much a blur for me. :lol
The Spurs played decent defense in the first quarter and better in the second. Since they kept it close I figured if they could just settle down and take good shots they'd have a chance. They almost ran out of time. You don't give a good team a double digit lead and recover very often. They certainly didn't last year.

dav4463
05-17-2007, 02:08 AM
I almost gave up when the Spurs battled back and tied it and then all of a sudden Phoenix was back up by 8.

carina_gino20
05-17-2007, 02:08 AM
The Spurs played decent defense in the first quarter and better in the second. Since they kept it close I figured if they could just settle down and take good shots they'd have a chance. They almost ran out of time. You don't give a good team a double digit lead and recover very often. They certainly didn't last year.

i'm just so happy that it wasn't a 'too little, too late' thing this time. A lot of times this year, the Spurs would try to get over the hump only to find out it was too late. this was an ugly but gutty win for the Spurs and I'm very happy for them. :toast

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 02:09 AM
close it out on Friday!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 02:11 AM
That's exactly what i was thinking. It's a gamble to have that kind of confidence, championship mentality too much.

But eh, if anything it'll only make them focused on playing even harder in game 6.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:53 AM
Man, I just realized that I'm coming down off of adrenaline. I've had my jaw clenched tight for like the last three hours. I've gotta get some sleep. Go Spurs Go.

Phil Hellmuth
05-17-2007, 02:54 AM

I felt the exact same way. I even told my buddies on AIM that I am not worried, Spurs got this in 2nd Half.

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:05 AM
Man, I just realized that I'm coming down off of adrenaline. I've had my jaw clenched tight for like the last three hours. I've gotta get some sleep. Go Spurs Go.

I know what you mean. the last 4 minutes of the game I was pacing through my living room and doing little "energy drink shakes" style hops. Took me about an hour after the game to mellow out.

Spurs Brazil
05-17-2007, 07:41 AM
Vamos acabar com esses chorões na sexta Grande

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 07:43 AM
I think it was really nice of the Spurs to spot the Suns a big lead in order to give them a chance.

:lol

I hated that game. :fro

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 07:56 AM

You actually thought the Spurs would lose? The Spurs pull this all the time. They play down to where they think their opponenets are for 2-3 quarters and then demolish them. As long as they weren't behind by 20 in the 4th they were going to find a way to win. The Spurs are quite cocky about things like that.

Now the fun part is the next game where Stoudamire and Diaw come back and the Spurs roll the highly motivated Suns under the bus by 15.

manubili
05-17-2007, 08:43 AM
Manu was a roller coaster and we were the passengers