PDA

View Full Version : Emmanuel Ginobili

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 01:57 AM
Dude's only 29, though soon to be 30. What gives, you know?

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 02:02 AM
As in, he's looking tired and not himself.

jag
05-17-2007, 02:09 AM
his body takes an incredible beating every year. on top of the fact he doesnt get rest cause he plays all year long...it wears on his body

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 02:13 AM
Yeah, but uh, he should be a little sharper in such moments...

coachmac87
05-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeah, but uh, he should be a little sharper in such moments...

we would be down 3-2 without manu...that fool is a champion...he has won at the highest levels...when manu plays his best the spurs are unbeatable

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 02:18 AM
we would be down 3-2 without manu...that fool is a champion...he has won at the highest levels...when manu plays his best the spurs are unbeatable

Certainly. But that wasn't '03 or '05 Manu, y'know?

mVp
05-17-2007, 02:24 AM
Yeah... he had some BIG turnovers... but we won. Period.

PM5K
05-17-2007, 02:26 AM
Dude is 29 soon to be 40...

He really seems to have peaked, although he played well tonight, we haven't seen the same Manu we did the last time we played Phoenix in the Playoffs. Where are all the great dunks and and-ones?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 02:27 AM
Certainly. But that wasn't '03 or '05 Manu, y'know?
The fact that he hasn't played his best yet, should actually be encouraging. :smokin

Look for Manu to start picking up steam from this game. He picked up the slack where we needed it.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 02:28 AM
Dude is 29 soon to be 40...

He really seems to have peaked, although he played well tonight, we haven't seen the same Manu we did the last time we played Phoenix in the Playoffs. Where are all the great dunks and and-ones?
I don't know why he doesn't dunk it either. He pretty much jumps high enough where has lay ups are made above the rim. :lol

word
05-17-2007, 02:30 AM
Dude's only 29, though soon to be 30. What gives, you know?

Hell of a pass to Parker. Had it not been over his head I think he could have gotten 6 out of it. Moss would have been in the endzone.

bobbyjoe
05-17-2007, 02:55 AM
Not all players are in their prime because they are only 30 years old.

Ginobil reminds me a lot of Clyde Drexler in the way he used to play. Attacking the basket relentlessly, aggressively playing passing lanes defensively, running the court at every opportunity, etc.

Clyde's game went downhill FAST after he turned 30. Manu's only 29-30 but his body is much older.

I dont think you'll see DWade have a long NBA career either till 35-37 the way he plays the game.

Ginobili's like a great running back in the NFL who's awesome for a while then gets used up because of all the hits and contact at a relatively early (by the sport's standard) age.

The question is if Ginobili is enough of a dead eye shooter to transition to a role where he's mainly a jumpshooter who attacks the bucket on occasion but with a high degree of consistency. He was throughout the year, but hasn't been at all in the playoffs.

whottt
05-17-2007, 03:00 AM
Ehhhh...the Nuggets game plan was to not let Manu get to the basket...

The Suns game plan is to have Raja Bell beat the shit out of him...

Don't get me wrong...Manu has played better, at the same time, he's being game planned probably more than any guy on the team other than Duncan(and does anyone game plan for Duncan anymore?)

It's not all Manu...one could argue that this has been Manu's best season in the regular season. And he is coming off the bench....everyone else sucks off the bench...why can't Manu?

I agree, Manu is not going to be Manu into his mid 30's...but his play in the playoffs has as much to do with our opposition as it does a physical decline on Manu's part...

Raja Bell was signed for one reason...to defend Manu.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 03:10 AM
^^ I agree with this. I'd only concede to Manu showing signs of not being Manu anymore because of age, if Manu had played like this all year round. But he had his best season out of all of them with pretty big regular season games in 2007.

manubili
05-17-2007, 08:24 AM
Commantators fo ESPN Lat said that he was ordered by Pop of take care of himself and not get injured. But the age thing is there for sure. So Manu is adjusting his game to be able to keep on playing for many more years. That's why the threepointers are so important, they would have to became the main source of scoring for him in the years to come.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Commantators fo ESPN Lat said that he was ordered by Pop of take care of himself and not get injured. But the age thing is there for sure. So Manu is adjusting his game to be able to keep on playing for many more years. That's why the threepointers are so important, they would have to became the main source of scoring for him in the years to come.
It's a trade off for being fearless, sacrificing your body in your game, and going all out constantly.
Wade will have to do this too in a few years.

( I'd prefer Manu shooting 44 percent for threes in the playoffs, rather than getting his groove on in March 2007. It's like he's flipped his statistical upward slope of elevating his game from reg-season to post-season )

leemajors
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
oberto dunked. that shocked me.

ArgSpursFan
05-17-2007, 08:35 AM
every team in the playoffs has defense Manu,A la Jordan,so you canŽt blame the guy for getting double and triple teamed,I would say The spurs defend Nash lighter/softer tham the suns to Ginobili.He is doing his best,trying to penetrate and kicking it to one wing for an open shot,and them getting some boards and steals on the D.end.

leemajors
05-17-2007, 08:37 AM
http://www.espn.go.com/photo/2007/0516/nba_g_ginobili_268.jpg

ArgSpursFan
05-17-2007, 08:38 AM
go back to the nuggs series and suns series so far,and youŽll see how the Defense collapses on the painted zone every time manu is with the ball on the pick and roll.

BigJnSA
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
Where are all the great dunks and and-ones?

manu isnt the only one not throwin down some rowdy dunks in this series. seems like we, as a team, are having to work way too hard to penetrate. we kill ourselves for each bucket, and the suns repeatedly get easy dunks. whats up with that?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 08:39 AM
oberto dunked. that shocked me.
:lol

seriously, I've never seen that, I didn't think he had the hops to ever get above the rim, from all the times he'd shoot under the basket. It was a good two-man play too.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 08:43 AM
manu isnt the only one not throwin down some rowdy dunks in this series. seems like we, as a team, are having to work way too hard to penetrate. we kill ourselves for each bucket, and the suns repeatedly get easy dunks. whats up with that?
Steve Nash can create for guys like Amare, Diaw and Marion. I don't know how he find openings and the right moment for it, but it's a big difference. We have some good plays for lay ups, backdoor cuts and what nots, but we definitely don't have the athletic advantage (Horry, Oberto, Timmy getting the dribble hand-offs from Manu I noticed) to get the easy buckets and slam them down like the Suns.

ArgSpursFan
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Dunking dont really mean winning.
signed:Tim Duncan.