PDA

View Full Version : Computer trouble.

Buddy Holly
05-17-2007, 03:00 AM
I have a Gateway computer and about two hours ago while getting out the computer I hit something that caused the bookshelf in front of my computer desk to move causing a large object from the top to fall and hit the back of my computer. I didn't think anything of it untilo I returned and couldn't get an internet connection.

I ooked at the conenct in the back and I guess (i never noticed) the cable port had two thingy's light up green, well now only one of them is lit up. I'm not sure if that's the problem, my guess it is.

How can I fix it?

Also, I have RR so I'm thinking of just connecting my modem via USB. Does Time Warne rhave those?

sabar
05-17-2007, 03:03 AM
Make sure the cable is plugged into the port and make sure, if it's a network card (doubtful if it's gateway) that it's plugged in like so:

http://www.microsoft.com/library/media/1033/windowsxp/images/using/networking/setup/68571-insert-wired-card-small.jpg

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 03:20 AM
You should be able to use the USB connection. Chances are you'll have to get a seperate card to use ethernet again. They are cheap and mouse should only charge you a 40 to install it.

leemajors
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
check the cable too, make sure you're getting contact on the connectors. if the cable end got damaged that could be your problem as well. but chump is right, probably just your NIC.