PDA

View Full Version : Note to national sports commentators:

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 03:01 AM
Its 3 a.m. in San Antonio.

I'm listening to the ticket 760 with a national feed right now.

All these national commentators spewing their fucking hate on the Spurs make me sick to my stomach.

You all national bastards calling us dirty, etc--

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Whew--now I feel better.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-17-2007, 03:02 AM
+1

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:03 AM
Sports talk hacks get paid to stir up shit. That's it and that's all.

sabar
05-17-2007, 03:04 AM
Pick your poison...

We're either a small market soft team or dirty thugs.

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:07 AM
Don't forget SOFT.

whottt
05-17-2007, 03:07 AM
I like dirty thugs better...let the classy period end with DRob...since he embodied it more than any other player.

Besides...becoming dirty got Fred MacMurray and Denzel Washington Oscars...no one does dirty with as much sheer evil joy as the wholesome guys.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-17-2007, 03:09 AM
Yeah, screw it, who cares what people think of us? We were silently hated for our success, now we're openly hated for our will to win. Fuck 'em all, I say.

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:10 AM
I love all the open criticism and hatred. It fuels my love for the team.

When you're the best, you're either fully loved or fully hated.

THE SIXTH MAN
05-17-2007, 03:11 AM
Yeah, screw it, who cares what people think of us? We were silently hated for our success, now we're openly hated for our will to win. Fuck 'em all, I say.
:tu

jaffies
05-17-2007, 03:13 AM
I'm loving this shit!

Nobody roots for Goliath!!

Now I think we're finally getting the respect we've been asking for.

Who was cheering Ty Cobb??
No one likes the Yankees or the Cowboys

These bridesmaids wish 'national sports commentators' would loath them.
I, for one, fucking love it.

dav4463
05-17-2007, 05:14 AM
It's like when Hulk Hogan turned bad and helped form the NWO !!!

pooh
05-17-2007, 06:00 AM
according to sczaban, the Spurs are now the "heels" of the league and should they win the title he is going to hang an asterisk on that title for over a year. even the suns announcers said as the game ended, you can mail this win to the comissioner and tell him thank you. conspiracy theory lives folks.....

jmard5
05-17-2007, 06:20 AM
they're sour graping. no problem with me embracing the dirty-thug label.

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2007, 07:18 AM
It's like when Hulk Hogan turned bad and helped form the NWO !!!

fuck yeah!

I just don;t want our guys getting all tat'd up tho.... it;s so played out already.
We can just be the thug hard-core non tattoed up the ying yang team.

Taco
05-17-2007, 07:47 AM
GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Whew--now I feel better.

:lol

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 08:07 AM
according to sczaban, the Spurs are now the "heels" of the league and should they win the title he is going to hang an asterisk on that title for over a year. even the suns announcers said as the game ended, you can mail this win to the comissioner and tell him thank you. conspiracy theory lives folks.....

It would have been better evidence of a conspiracy if the Commissioner had bent the rules for Stoudmire and Diaw.

This is the part of the national media's argument that I don't get. The rule expressly says that if a player leaves the vicinity of the bench during an altercation, he must be suspended -- no ifs, no ands, no buts. Is it a bad rule? Perhaps. But is the punishment for its violation open to interpretation? Absolutely not -- and it never has been.

Comparing this to the Baron Davis situation is ridiculous because nothing in the rules concerning flagrant 2 fouls compels the league to suspend a player -- suspension is a possibility (obviously, as the Horry situation demonstrates). But, unlike the altercation-bench rule, there isn't a mandatory suspension that comes with having committed a flagrant 2 foul.

In the end, had the league chosen not to suspend Stoudemire and Diaw, it would have broken its own rule, given preferential treatment to those guys (based on who they are and when their conduct took place), and chosen to make the rules subservient to what fans might want (or what the media thinks the fans might want) in a given situation.

As a side question, since when does everyone feel empowered to question the validity of championships based on perceived inequities in the process? Not to pick on the Pistons, but nobody questions the Pistons' first title, which came against a Laker team that was monumentally depleted in the Finals. Somehow, it's become vogue to suggest that a championship is tainted if the majority-supported team doesn't win the title. It's absolutely ridiculous.

dbestpro
05-17-2007, 08:08 AM
This is just retribution for the way game 4 was called. I really believe that there is a rift between the referees and the commissioner for the Danny Crawford thing with the Spurs caught in the middle. Game four was gift wrapped to the Suns and a frustrated Horry did what anyone with a gut against unfair play would do. Stern knows this too. The off set was for him to take the high road and let the rules be the rules, although the Spurs almost blew it. The next question will be will the jump shooting Suns continue to get more foul calls their way and in the Spurs home?

If so, the Spurs will probably have just too much to overcome.

SpursAREscumbags
05-17-2007, 08:15 AM
ha ha, the Spurs are being exposed for what they truely are, Scum. The Spurs will be on the decline soon enough. Manu throws himself around more than D-Wade, he'll be finished soon enough with a career ending injury. Duncan will shoot himself, dude is just depressed or something because he shows no personality. As for Tony Parker, some gangster will probably shoot him seeing as how San Antonio is so filled with violence.

T Park
05-17-2007, 08:19 AM
Spurs are now the "heels" of the league and should they win the title he is going to hang an asterisk on that title for over a year

oh dear

some fat slob on the radio is gonna do it?

Dear me, they oughtta just quit now and not try I guess.....

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2007, 08:20 AM
thats intelligible

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 08:20 AM
ha ha, the Spurs are being exposed for what they truely are, Scum. The Spurs will be on the decline soon enough. Manu throws himself around more than D-Wade, he'll be finished soon enough with a career ending injury. Duncan will shoot himself, dude is just depressed or something because he shows no personality. As for Tony Parker, some gangster will probably shoot him seeing as how San Antonio is so filled with violence.

Pure (cl)ass.

ObiwanGinobili
05-17-2007, 08:21 AM
not T park.. the other "guy"

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 08:47 AM
Maybe we can be the first team in the league that is Dirty AND Soft.

:fro

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 08:48 AM
This is the part of the national media's argument that I don't get. The rule expressly says that if a player leaves the vicinity of the bench during an altercation, he must be suspended -- no ifs, no ands, no buts. Is it a bad rule? Perhaps. But is the punishment for its violation open to interpretation? Absolutely not -- and it never has been.
You just don't get it. The league passed this rule 12 years ago IN ANTICIPATION OF this series. It's a brilliant conspiracy. Nobody saw it coming.

As a side question, since when does everyone feel empowered to question the validity of championships based on perceived inequities in the process? Not to pick on the Pistons, but nobody questions the Pistons' first title, which came against a Laker team that was monumentally depleted in the Finals. Somehow, it's become vogue to suggest that a championship is tainted if the majority-supported team doesn't win the title. It's absolutely ridiculous.
You just don't understand the conspiracy, you sheep. THERMITE!

my2sons
05-17-2007, 08:51 AM

when are yall gonna run bosh out of canada like you did vince. great seasons guys see you at the parade

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 08:59 AM
The rule was interpreted by the Commissioner and League front office. Has nothing to do with the Spurs. On that foul, Nash got hip checked and flopped like a flounder. The media is just looking for shit to stir to generate ratings and paychecks for their respective shows. Its a shame how soulless and hollow most people in this country's media have become. They don't know jack about the Spurs and are too thick-skulled and ritalin-lacking to sit the fukc down and replay the tape, cognitively imagine the big picture and innumerous fouls also committed by Phoenix to stir things up, and realize how overly dramatized this series is.

The Spurs are still by and FAR the classiest organization, and that includes players, and they are the model of sports consistency, heart and winning.

Anyone not down with that can suck a fukcing pacifier and start following park fencing.

tlpintpe
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
What most sports writers and most certainly all Suns players/fans/organization call dirty play is, in fact, just great defense. Given that the Suns and many other NBA teams don't play any defense, they don't recognize it when they see it.

Texas_Ranger
05-17-2007, 09:05 AM
Here in Slovenia almost everyone is for the Suns. I'm sick of it, but just fuck them.

infinite styles
05-17-2007, 09:13 AM
It would have been better evidence of a conspiracy if the Commissioner had bent the rules for Stoudmire and Diaw.

Thats what Greg Anthony said on Mike and Mike this morning. He said everybody knows the rule from management down to the ball boy and that it doesn't need to be changed just because a superstar broke it.

At first I was mad that people were starting to hate the Spurs for this but now I find it extremely funny. I find it funny how everythings turned and now its the Spurs fault that Nash's nose busted open and how they keep showing the alleged Bowen kick on Amare and how they are even replaying every 10 seconds Nash tripping over Bowen's foot last night. Even Greg Anthony said that Horry's hit on Nash wasn't even on the level of Posey on Kirk last year. America's desperation to get PHX in the final's this year for the sake of ratings has placed the Spurs under the bus because of one teams refusal to play Play Off basketball. None of this shit that is going on on the court is new. No matter what team was on the court the Play-Offs have always been played this way.

I do not feel one bit sorry for PHX and could give a shit about whats fair and who's deserving. Life isn't fair so you deal with it and move on. We have people going over seas and dying for nothing and nobody raises a finger, but a little Canadian falls down and million dollar babies say the word dirty and the nation is in an uproar.

So I say in closing: FUCK THE MEDIA! FUCK THE SUNS! AND FUCK YOU SPURS HATERS!

bresilhac
05-17-2007, 09:19 AM
Pick your poison...

We're either a small market soft team or dirty thugs.

You're absolutely right. The Spurs cannot win in the eyes of the national media. But put Tim Duncan or Manu Ginobili in New York or Los Angeles and it would be like the second coming of Christ. Ditto for Tony.

Spurminator
05-17-2007, 09:26 AM
It's funny how emotional some of the talking heads are getting over this. Dan Patrick was pouting up a storm this morning. And how it's causing them to exaggerate everything the Spurs have done this series... Bowen "kicked" Amare in the heel and drove his knee into Nash's groin. And it seems so obvious to everyone that these plays merited suspension. But not the one incident which expressly calls for a suspension in the rules.

I didn't want Amare suspended either, but it's cracking me up hearing about how dirty the Spurs are. I'm guessing no one has commented about the borderline punches Marion was throwing in the paint on Oberto in the first coupld of minutes. Of course not. Everyone was too concerned with whether Bowen's toes were touching someone.

steppy
05-17-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm loving all of the attention. At least Craig Shemon is level-headed and blamed the Suns for their problems. That guy he had fill in yesterday was whining non-stop about how it wasn't fair.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 09:30 AM
It's funny how emotional some of the talking heads are getting over this. Dan Patrick was pouting up a storm this morning. And how it's causing them to exaggerate everything the Spurs have done this series... Bowen "kicked" Amare in the heel and drove his knee into Nash's groin. And it seems so obvious to everyone that these plays merited suspension. But not the one incident which expressly calls for a suspension in the rules.

I didn't want Amare suspended either, but it's cracking me up hearing about how dirty the Spurs are. I'm guessing no one has commented about the borderline punches Marion was throwing in the paint on Oberto in the first coupld of minutes. Of course not. Everyone was too concerned with whether Bowen's toes were touching someone.

QFT. Spurs were lucky as Hell to get out of PHX without getting injured last night.

I can only hope that Game 6 will be a cleaner game, but I'm not holding my breath.

SpursAREscumbags
05-17-2007, 09:31 AM
when are yall gonna run bosh out of canada like you did vince. great seasons guys see you at the parade
Bosh is a champ and a good person, Vince was a loser with no heart and no passion and can now not even visit Toronto because he'd probably be killed. This will never happen to Bosh, he is too respected and decent.

Really, the Spurs should sign Vince in the off season, he'd fit right in with the rest of that scumbag team.

MisterWhodat
05-17-2007, 09:31 AM
Tell them all, Life isn't fair! None of those "Talking Heads' are Suns fans they are just riding the wave, or operating the wave machine is probably more like it, to get themselves into the discussion somehow.

ctpsb
05-17-2007, 10:02 AM

This would all be nice if any of what you were saying was true. Just because you tell lies long and often enough doesn't make them true.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:06 AM
Bosh is a champ and a good person, Vince was a loser with no heart and no passion and can now not even visit Toronto because he'd probably be killed. This will never happen to Bosh, he is too respected and decent.

Really, the Spurs should sign Vince in the off season, he'd fit right in with the rest of that scumbag team.
I wonder what it would be like to have such an inferiority complex about my entire country, that I would have to live vicariously through one of my few countrymen that made it big-time in the U.S., even though he was raised thousands of miles away from me.

ctpsb
05-17-2007, 10:19 AM

So how are YOU such an expert on scumbags?

SpursAREscumbags
05-17-2007, 10:23 AM
- I could care less that Nash is Canadian, I wasn't even born in Canada, I just live here.

- It doesn't take an expert to see that the Spurs are scumbags. It's like looking at a con artist who rips old people off, the scum just radiates off them.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
that's 3 time nba champion scumbags to you.

ctpsb
05-17-2007, 10:24 AM
Thats what Greg Anthony said on Mike and Mike this morning. He said everybody knows the rule from management down to the ball boy and that it doesn't need to be changed just because a superstar broke it.

At first I was mad that people were starting to hate the Spurs for this but now I find it extremely funny. I find it funny how everythings turned and now its the Spurs fault that Nash's nose busted open and how they keep showing the alleged Bowen kick on Amare and how they are even replaying every 10 seconds Nash tripping over Bowen's foot last night. Even Greg Anthony said that Horry's hit on Nash wasn't even on the level of Posey on Kirk last year. America's desperation to get PHX in the final's this year for the sake of ratings has placed the Spurs under the bus because of one teams refusal to play Play Off basketball. None of this shit that is going on on the court is new. No matter what team was on the court the Play-Offs have always been played this way.

I do not feel one bit sorry for PHX and could give a shit about whats fair and who's deserving. Life isn't fair so you deal with it and move on. We have people going over seas and dying for nothing and nobody raises a finger, but a little Canadian falls down and million dollar babies say the word dirty and the nation is in an uproar.

I know I'm going to regret getting into this, but--- I agree with all you say except people overseas dying for nothing. The strategy may not be right but success is happening if the media did not play up the failures while playing down if not omitting the successes. Last week another major Al-Qaeda leader was killed with nary a peep from the media.

EastsBeasts
05-17-2007, 10:27 AM
Your team isn't the Pistons now get on with it, besides your team doesn't have Sheed, so you can't ever be as cool as us.

EastsBeasts
05-17-2007, 10:30 AM
I have to agree that media and other fans seem to be coming down on Spurs kind of hard. They are just ignoring other series like, oh I don't know, maybe when Kirk Hinrich jabbed Flip Murray in the jewels.

samikeyp
05-17-2007, 10:31 AM
That is one of the good things about living in Pistons Country.....the sports talk shows are too busy gripping about the Pistons losing two in a row to the Bulls.

Sadly...that will end after tonight.

clambake
05-17-2007, 10:33 AM
This is the sports equivalent of rape.

Spurs fans are the parents of Scott Peterson, pretending their son is innocent, yet knowing his guilt. *********congrats********

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
I have to agree that media and other fans seem to be coming down on Spurs kind of hard. They are just ignoring other series like, oh I don't know, maybe when Kirk Hinrich jabbed Flip Murray in the jewels.
It's the nature of the media cycle. It's like a flambe.

Spurminator
05-17-2007, 10:34 AM
Whose guilt?

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 10:35 AM

Spurs fans are the parents of Scott Peterson, pretending their son is innocent, yet knowing his guilt. *********congrats********

equating sexual assault to a game. quality.

GSH
05-17-2007, 10:40 AM
Sorry to repeat, but it is on topic here:

Steve Kerr really did say last night that "something is fundamentally wrong with a team that benefits from a cheap shot like that". He's a nice guy, and adoring Spurs fans rush to defend him. But some of his comments, especially coming from a recent ex-Spur, have added more fuel to the fire. D'Antoni has clearly been working this thing in hopes of gaining an edge for his team. Kerr has a vested financial interest in the Suns, and an unavoidable conflict of interest. In most businesses, individuals with a conflict of interest have to stay out of certain matters "to avoid the appearance of impropriety". Kerr is a (minority) team owner, with access to a national audience. He should probably avoid commenting on the controversies, and let D'Antoni do his own lobbying.

Kerr knows better than anybody that the rule is in place to prevent brawls from escalating out of control. He should have been first one to say what Stern did, that the Suns players removed themselves from Game 5...not talking about how fundamentally wrong it was, and how it benefitted the Spurs. It's immaterial who it benefitted, and the rule is only unfair if it is not enforced uniformly. A clean-cut ex-NBA player would know that. And his bias is showing.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 10:42 AM

Post.

Of.

The.

Day.

That echoes my sentiments exactly. People are dying overseas, we just had three soldiers become martyrs, and the rolling headline on msn.com yesterday was, of course:

Did the NBA just ruin the playoffs?

Nope! Amare and Boris "ruined" them. Sorry to burst your Suns drool-bubble.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 10:43 AM
equating sexual assault to a game. quality.

Are you a soccer fan? Haha.

His post was immense.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 10:47 AM
Sorry to repeat, but it is on topic here:

Steve Kerr really did say last night that "something is fundamentally wrong with a team that benefits from a cheap shot like that". He's a nice guy, and adoring Spurs fans rush to defend him. But some of his comments, especially coming from a recent ex-Spur, have added more fuel to the fire. D'Antoni has clearly been working this thing in hopes of gaining an edge for his team. Kerr has a vested financial interest in the Suns, and an unavoidable conflict of interest. In most businesses, individuals with a conflict of interest have to stay out of certain matters "to avoid the appearance of impropriety". Kerr is a (minority) team owner, with access to a national audience. He should probably avoid commenting on the controversies, and let D'Antoni do his own lobbying.

Kerr knows better than anybody that the rule is in place to prevent brawls from escalating out of control. He should have been first one to say what Stern did, that the Suns players removed themselves from Game 5...not talking about how fundamentally wrong it was, and how it benefitted the Spurs. It's immaterial who it benefitted, and the rule is only unfair if it is not enforced uniformly. A clean-cut ex-NBA player would know that. And his bias is showing.

It's the inherent flaw in all of the complaining about suspensions. The Spurs didn't benefit from Horry's shot, except to the extent that two young Suns players (who happen to be important to their hopes) couldn't restrain themselves and broke a rule that has clearly expressed consequences and that every player knows he cannot break.

Had Stoudemire and Diaw acted with poise, the Spurs would have gotten the worse of Horry's cheap shot, because they would have been without an important player and would have given all sorts of fuel to a Suns team that was already seizing momentum.

Horry didn't make those guys come off the bench. They chose to do that, whether out of concern for their teammate or seeking an opportunity to join the fray. Their intent, though, is irrelevant and the rule is unequivocal about that. Once they ran down the sidelines, they decided to exclude themselves from Game 5.

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Kerr said a couple of years ago that he liked the rule because before, you had to run in and get fined... now you have an excuse not to go...

NoMoneyDown
05-17-2007, 11:20 AM
After the Spurs are up 2-1 in the Finals, the sports commentators would have well forgotten the 2nd round and be all over San Anotnio's jock.

thispego
05-17-2007, 12:03 PM

:lmao now THATS funny

ducks
05-17-2007, 12:43 PM
people hate winnners
spurs have won titles laterly
they want to see the suns
suns have been there forever
kind of like when the lakers were winning titles everyone hated them

SenorSpur
05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
Its 3 a.m. in San Antonio.

I'm listening to the ticket 760 with a national feed right now.

All these national commentators spewing their fucking hate on the Spurs make me sick to my stomach.

You all national bastards calling us dirty, etc--

GO FUCK YOURSELF!

Whew--now I feel better.

I guess it's true what has been said already. The Suns are the "darlings" of both the national media, fans and the NBA in general. They have a fan-friendly style of basketball, a former MVP and a rabid fan base. If they ever made it to the NBA Finals, the ratings would be phenomenal.

Meanwhile, the Spurs are just a boring team with boring players that wins too much. We all know the league hates seeing them in the Finals because they are not a national draw. Guess that explains why everyone is so down on them now.

Fuck the rest of the world. Go Spurs Go!

dbestpro
05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
- I could care less that Nash is Canadian, I wasn't even born in Canada, I just live here.

- It doesn't take an expert to see that the Spurs are scumbags. It's like looking at a con artist who rips old people off, the scum just radiates off them.

You can come home now. The Vietnam war is over.