PDA

View Full Version : Udrih should back-up TP instead of Vaughn

bigFUNDAMENTAL
05-17-2007, 04:01 AM
let Beno do the back-up thing Pop he can help us with his outside shooting than Vaughn

STEVEYCU
05-17-2007, 04:23 AM
I dont like Beno at all but I agree we need to shake things up in game six and throw somethin different at PHX, maybe bringin in a few fresh faces like Udrih would help

sabar
05-17-2007, 04:29 AM
I'd agree, but I think Beno might be in love with his horrible shot more than Vaughn is in love with his horrible shot.

If Beno wasn't shooting 30% this season, I'd love him being a primary backup. Plus he hasn't played a real game in a month and a half, he's probably stiff.

timvp
05-17-2007, 04:31 AM
Vaughn sucks so much now I'd welcome Beno back into the rotation with open arms. As long as the Suns don't press Beno, he can't be worse than Vaughn.

mikekim
05-17-2007, 04:34 AM
I'm not sure Beno would be able to handle it mentally. Maybe if we played him in the denver series (more than 2 seconds in garbage time), or even this series.

This guy will turn out to be decent when we finally let him go. Only after we let him go.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2007, 04:36 AM
Meh - I don't care who dribbles up but Beno isn't the best ball handling option. Brent is better, Gino is better, you fucking name it and they're better.

Vaughn reminds me of Beno 2 years ago. When he came into the game that year you cringed because you knew you had to pray not to lose too much ground. With Beno it was the press, with Vaughn its his refusal (or I really suspect Pops - I woudln't be one bit suprised that Pop has instructed him to fire away ala Finley) to play within his limitations.

I said it at the mid season and I still believe it: The backup PG spot is by far the biggest liability on this team, not the long 3.

sabar
05-17-2007, 04:40 AM
I wouldn't mind sticking Brent at the backup PG, isn't that his "official" secondary position anyways on all those stat sheets?

mikekim
05-17-2007, 04:43 AM
People have mentioned this before...but I like Manu at the backup pg spot.

I also want him to start now....but I think you gotta do what helps most. And we need a good backup PG who can make shots better than Vaughn and can handle the ball while running the offense more than a loaded starting lineup.

RADECK
05-17-2007, 04:45 AM
Vaughn sucks, thats sure, PUT BENO BACK!!!!!

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 04:49 AM
:lol @ this thread, any of us hearing this Beno over Vaughn suggestion two months ago.. what we would have thought?

Anyway, Pop should be more flexible and have a Manu, Barry, Parker ball-handling rotation. I was actually surprised he tried Manu at the point during the smallball stretch, I hadn't seen that in a while. Granted we couldn't hit our open shots, but it was fresh for once.

player_twister
05-17-2007, 04:59 AM
what a great forum. Just found it.
I grit my teeth everytime I see Vaughn go for a jumper or the basket. I don't do it as much with Beno, but I still do it with him too. :dizzy

v2freak
05-17-2007, 05:06 AM
I wouldn't mind sticking Brent at the backup PG, isn't that his "official" secondary position anyways on all those stat sheets?

That's what he played in Seattle and LA. I want him at the point too

ginobili fan
05-17-2007, 07:11 AM
I don't know why but I feel a great,pure power around Beno...
I do think he is the ONE and it's now the time has come... :lol

Spurs Brazil
05-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Beno and Vaughn sucks

Give Manu the ball when TP is out

thekingrobert
05-17-2007, 07:16 AM
Pop is being like D'antoni you can't have that many people in the rotation, are you crazy

Chris
05-17-2007, 07:39 AM
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Darkwaters
05-17-2007, 07:46 AM
I'd run the Barry/Gino tandem in the backcourt. Then you have two guys that could run some point in the game and they can alternate possessions running the offense.

Gerryatrics
05-17-2007, 07:55 AM
Neither Vaughn or Udrih should see the court unless it's a blowout of epic proportions. Barry can run point when TP is on the bench. Hopefully the extra minutes would help him get into a rhythm so he can start knocking down some outside shots.

T Park
05-17-2007, 07:59 AM
Its so bad now?

I'd actually give Beno a shot out there letting manu bring the ball up.