PDA

View Full Version : Bomb threat media verification?

Fabbs
05-17-2007, 09:53 AM
Can we get media verification -or not- of bomb threat?
It's a pretty big deal and i would think it affected some Spurs if it was not a bogus rumor.

What we have so far:
ashbeeigh "Ksat at noon Greg Simmons reported there was a bomb threat around 9-9:30 pacific time at the team hotel..."
I googled KSAT and Greg Simmons and found nothing.

Kori-timvp, not wanting to start an extra thread but the other one turned into pretty much a flame war with 99% of the replies off topic. Can we limit this one to media quotes only like the one Ash posted?
Not i think, i heard, my dog told me, your Phoenix dog sucks, my San Antonio dog is better, etc....

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 09:56 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA051707.04C.BKNspurs.notebook.3e5302d.html

Bomb threat: A bomb threat was phoned into the Spurs' hotel shortly after the team arrived Tuesday night.

The players weren't evacuated, but five police cars were positioned outside the hotel as security did a sweep of the building.

Some of the players didn't know about the incident until Wednesday morning.

Brent Barry even wondered whether the Spurs were the true target of the threat.

"As I sat in the lobby thinking to myself why would somebody make a bomb threat," Barry said, "along walks (TNT's) Craig Sager, and the light went off."

phyzik
05-17-2007, 09:57 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/MYSA051707.04C.BKNspurs.notebook.3e5302d.html

Bomb threat: A bomb threat was phoned into the Spurs' hotel shortly after the team arrived Tuesday night.

The players weren't evacuated, but five police cars were positioned outside the hotel as security did a sweep of the building.

Some of the players didn't know about the incident until Wednesday morning.

Brent Barry even wondered whether the Spurs were the true target of the threat.

"As I sat in the lobby thinking to myself why would somebody make a bomb threat," Barry said, "along walks (TNT's) Craig Sager, and the light went off."

:rollin

Sportcamper
05-17-2007, 09:58 AM
Johnny- I tried to get verification to a Non Spurs Entity yesterday & could not.... :lol

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 10:03 AM
Johnny- I tried to get verification to a Non Spurs Entity yesterday & could not.... :lol

Feel free to call them liars.

[email protected]

Fabbs
05-17-2007, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the link Johnny_Blaze_47.
Doesn't sound like any of the Spurs Gm 5 brain farts can be blamed on bomb threat jitters. :rolleyes

dtrain
05-17-2007, 10:11 AM

Not to rain on your parade, but next time try reading ESPN's daily dime at least before you accuse Johnny of making up a story.

See #9
ESPN's 5-17-07 Daily Dime (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dailydime-070517)

Suns fans apparently tried to give their team a homecourt advantage long before filing into US Airways Center Wednesday night. A bogus bomb threat was made at the Spurs' team hotel around 9 p.m. Tuesday night, prompting local police to do a room-to-room sweep of the property.

Spurs guard Brent Barry made light of the incident before tipoff on Wednesday. "I couldn't understand it, because Suns fans are too classy for that," he said, tongue lodged firmly in cheek. "But I walked through the lobby and saw [TNT's] Craig Sager. Then it all came together. They were trying to blow up Sager. And who would have a problem with that?" Barry, perhaps angling for the league's good sportsmanship award, forewarned Sager about his intention to blame the threat on him.

spurastic
05-17-2007, 10:18 AM
Here's the link for the video from channel 5 in Phoenix. http://www.kpho.com/video/13331712/detail.html

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 10:22 AM
Feel free to call them liars.

[email protected]

Make sure you send the apology e-mail, too, Sportcamper.

Sportcamper
05-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Now don’t get so defensive Johnny...All I said was that I could not confirm the story by any reputable source YESTERDAY...Only the Drama Queens at My Antonio .com were reporting the story...

Was it verified that it was a Spurs fan that called in the hoax? :dramaquee

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 10:44 AM
Now don’t get so defensive Johnny...All I said was that I could not confirm the story by any reputable source YESTERDAY...Only the Drama Queens at My Antonio .com were reporting the story...

I've been called a lot of things before...drama queen hasn't been one of them.

Sportcamper
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
I had no idea that you worked for My SA.com... (I really didn’t)...Why wasn’t the story reported in a national Read Media like the Riverside Press?

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 11:06 AM
Let me tell you--

We need to win on Friday.

I am honestly afraid of our team's safety if they have to go back to that hell hole desert with those wack job "fans" craving "revenge."

It only takes one nut--well, you know.

LilMissSPURfect
05-17-2007, 11:52 AM

:lol :lol :lol

mardigan
05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
Spurs guard Brent Barry made light of the incident before tipoff on Wednesday. "I couldn't understand it, because Suns fans are too classy for that," he said, tongue lodged firmly in cheek. "But I walked through the lobby and saw [TNT's] Craig Sager. Then it all came together. They were trying to blow up Sager. And who would have a problem with that?" Barry, perhaps angling for the league's good sportsmanship award, forewarned Sager about his intention to blame the threat on him.
:lol

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 12:38 PM
Sager's sportscoats always look like a bomb has already gone off.

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 05:47 PM
another prime example of the level of violence in phoenix. What stupid fucking idiots. I personally hate phoenix. They do have a few good radio stations though. We have to unfortunately visit once in a while as my fiance's mother lives there.