PDA

View Full Version : The saga of the Suns fan

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:51 AM
Tell me Phoenix fans, how does it feel to have the lead all night long, to have it seem like those plucky little Suns were going to pull it out despite all the adversity, only to have it slip through their fingers in the last minute, and to have BRUCE BOWEN of all people apply the dagger?

Isn't it great being a Suns fan? Between the heartbreak of coming so close in 1976, the playoff chokes and drug scandals of the early 1980's when it looked like they might go toe-to-toe with the Lakers, 1993 when it seemed Barkley might put them over the top, only to have John Paxson rip your heart out...

Then came the back-to-back, gut-wrenching chokes against the Rockets...

A few years later it seemed "Backcourt 2000" would be the new power... but Penny never could stay healthy, and you ran Jason Kidd out of town.

And now, you have Steve Nash, and this fun, run-and-gun team which finally looked like it was getting over the top and getting the best of its nemesis...

And you get your heart ripped out again. It's truly unfair. But you can't do a thing about it except scream and whine and call the Spurs "dirty."

But, hey, maybe those scrappy Suns will rise above it all and win in 7? Maybe 40 years of heartache finally will end?

Nah. You know how this ends.

twincam
05-17-2007, 10:53 AM
Why even start the insults? The series isn't over. In case you've forgotten, the Suns have proven to win in San Antonio. Relax....

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:54 AM
Why even start the insults? The series isn't over. In case you've forgotten, the Suns have proven to win in San Antonio. Relax....
You suck at trolling.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 10:56 AM
the bastids also enjoyed two 1st round cakewalks in '92 and '00 thanks to the spurs losing their superstars to late season injuries. and they come in here whining about having a supporting star out for one f-ing game in a series?

twincam
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
You suck at trolling.

You really must be a child and not trully understand the game of basketball. Nothing is guaranteed in this series, IF YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING. Relax.

nkdlunch
05-17-2007, 10:59 AM
still lotta ball to play

SRJ
05-17-2007, 11:00 AM
Exactly, Extra Stout.

Couldn't bring it home with an MVP.

Can't bring it home with a two-time MVP.

The Suns could bring back Jordan and Kareem in their primes and still they'd still manage to mess the bed.

BTW Suns Fan, Mario Elie says hello. Sealed with a kiss.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
the larry o'brien has always been a mirage in the desert...

twincam
05-17-2007, 11:01 AM
still lotta ball to play

Yup

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 11:02 AM
Spurs fans have some balls talking shit after that pathetic performance last night...

This is the Suns series to lose.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:03 AM
You really must be a child and not trully understand the game of basketball. Nothing is guaranteed in this series, IF YOU'VE BEEN WATCHING. Relax.
You really must be a noob and not trully (sic) understand the art of picking at opposing fans' scabs.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:06 AM
The curse suggests, nay dictates, that the Suns win Game 6 impressively, amass a big lead in Game 7, only to see it all frittered away, capped off by a three-pointer at the buzzer by Robert Horry himself, to give the Spurs their only lead of the game, as the final score.

NASHville
05-17-2007, 11:06 AM
It ain't over till the fat margarita lady sings.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:08 AM
The curse suggests, nay dictates, that the Suns win Game 6 impressively, amass a big lead in Game 7, only to see it all frittered away, capped off by a three-pointer at the buzzer by Robert Horry himself, to give the Spurs their only lead of the game, as the final score.

then it will go down in suns lore that robert horry nearly took nash's head clean off, but nash had it surgically reattached in time to set up that game 7, only to lose at the hands of the nba's chosen one.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 11:12 AM
Extra Stout is rightfully annoyed and pissed off at the obnoxious trash talking Suns fans who have reared their meaningless heads on these boards during this series. I agree that this series is long from over and Phoenix could pull this off, no doubt.

But this is a fan forum and talking smack is what makes sports and especially the playoffs so fun(ny).

DarrinS
05-17-2007, 11:16 AM
Suns fan,

I feel your pain.

Sincerely,

-Mavs fan

atxrocker
05-17-2007, 11:18 AM
this is pathetic

twincam
05-17-2007, 11:19 AM
You really must be a noob and not trully (sic) understand the art of picking at opposing fans' scabs.

I don't think I need to post well over a 1000 posts to be considered an expert and not be called a "noob". We all know that it will not be a cake walk. As far as me being a troll, negative...I'm not a troll. I'm not the one talking 'smack' and picking on the Suns fans, etc. That's being a troll, sir.

As I've said...relax.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
this is pathetic

yeah, the fans of ringless teams camped out in here disparaging the spurs on a daily basis to soothe their ringless pain is pretty pathetic. it might be time for the saga of the kings fan...

OldDirtMcGirt
05-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Personally, I think that choking in game five (you know, because we had to play our starters 45 minutes plus if we were going to have any chance), probably felt very similar to the Spurs choking in game four.

NASHville
05-17-2007, 11:22 AM
Both teams choked in the last two games. A loss is a loss.

SRJ
05-17-2007, 11:23 AM
The Suns and Mavs combined have as many Western Conference banners as the Spurs have World Championship banners.

No commentary, just letting that speak for itself.

BillsCarnage
05-17-2007, 11:25 AM
Tell me Phoenix fans, how does it feel to have the lead all night long, to have it seem like those plucky little Suns were going to pull it out despite all the adversity, only to have it slip through their fingers in the last minute, and to have BRUCE BOWEN of all people apply the dagger?

Probably the same way you felt after the Spurs squandered gm4

Isn't it great being a Suns fan? Between the heartbreak of coming so close in 1976, the playoff chokes and drug scandals of the early 1980's when it looked like they might go toe-to-toe with the Lakers, 1993 when it seemed Barkley might put them over the top, only to have John Paxson rip your heart out...

Then came the back-to-back, gut-wrenching chokes against the Rockets...

A few years later it seemed "Backcourt 2000" would be the new power... but Penny never could stay healthy, and you ran Jason Kidd out of town.

And now, you have Steve Nash, and this fun, run-and-gun team which finally looked like it was getting over the top and getting the best of its nemesis...

And you get your heart ripped out again. It's truly unfair. But you can't do a thing about it except scream and whine and call the Spurs "dirty."

But, hey, maybe those scrappy Suns will rise above it all and win in 7? Maybe 40 years of heartache finally will end?

Nah. You know how this ends.

Every sport has to have that one franchise that, no matter what they do, just can't win it. We just happen to have 3 of the 4 majors covered in our city. NHL, NFL, NBA.

C'est la vie

But, it's ass monkeys like you that give other franchises fans a bad name.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:26 AM
I don't think I need to post well over a 1000 posts to be considered an expert and not be called a "noob". We all know that it will not be a cake walk. As far as me being a troll, negative...I'm not a troll. I'm not the one talking 'smack' and picking on the Suns fans, etc. That's being a troll, sir.

As I've said...relax.
:lmao How do you walk around normally with that stick in your ass?

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:27 AM
oh my, looks like a nerve has been touched.

Oh, Gee!!
05-17-2007, 11:29 AM

oh, n0000000bzzzzz!!!

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:31 AM
I'm just the messenger. Hey, the Red Sox won the World Series, so it could happen.

In 2054.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:34 AM

nah, it's the fans who feel compelled to visit the fan forum of opposing teams and inundate them with nonsensical inflammatory posts who do that. we've had a bunch of those lately. guess what franchise those were apparently a fan of?

LEONARD
05-17-2007, 11:36 AM
It was probably similar to the end of game 4 for Spurs fans... *shrug*

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 11:38 AM
It was probably similar to the end of game 4 for Spurs fans... *shrug*

weak.

the saga of the mavs fan would be a good one.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:44 AM
weak.

the saga of the mavs fan would be a good one.
The Saga of the Mavs Fan

Thad drives three blocks in his Hummer H2 to Tom Thumb to pick up some berry-scented conditioner

Gets a pedicure at the salon next door

Sees a copy of the Dallas Morning News with a Mavs caption on it

Realizes that it is late April, and remembers that Dallas has an NBA team that was pretty good last year

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
saga of the mavs fan (alt version)

jim bob and sue are diehard mavs fans in foat worth. they love "that derk nowizki and that awstin crowshear, they shoot the ball good" and "play the game the way it is supposed to be played".

their 12 year old daughter peggy loves her some josh howard, and that has jim bob concerned.