PDA

View Full Version : Pop's Genius Rope-A-Dope Strategy

PeterBurns
05-17-2007, 11:53 AM
There were almost 8 broken Flatscreens at the Lion and Rose last night when the Spurs were down 10+ with that stellar lineup of Vaughn, Oberton, Manu, Bowen, and ???

People were chunking F-Bombs at Pop..."What F'N Line up is this?"

Then the Genius kicked in.

It was almost if Pop sat them down before the game and said....

"Listen, they are going to come out amped....Relax, Weather the storm, they have no bench. Let them use everything they got in the 1st half, and we'll waer them down in the 3rd and 4th"

Pop decides to rest the stars during a crucial early stretch, and by the 4th. The didn't have any gas.....

Pop has almost made up for playing small ball last year.

Mr. Body
05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I feel more that the Spurs themselves were embarrassed and guilty the Suns weren't at full strength. They were definitely playing awkward.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 11:55 AM
There were almost 8 broken Flatscreens at the Lion and Rose last night when the Spurs were down 10+ with that stellar lineup of Vaughn, Oberton, Manu, Bowen, and ???

But the question remains: Did people actually get their drinks on time?

Kori Ellis
05-17-2007, 11:56 AM
Vaughn was -17 last night :lmao :lmao :lmao

King
05-17-2007, 11:57 AM
But the question remains: Did people actually get their drinks on time?

Last time I was there, my card was run four times. I got home and saw a $120 charge from L&R for a few beers and a couple sandwiches.

Mr. Body
05-17-2007, 11:58 AM

For the Milwaukee pick... I don't know if I'd rather get a back-up PG or a big guy.

Imagine a big guy who can rebound next to Duncan.

Imagine a point guard who can spell Parker without any trouble.

Kori Ellis
05-17-2007, 12:00 PM
Last time I was there, my card was run four times. I got home and saw a $120 charge from L&R for a few beers and a couple sandwiches.

What the hell?!

We went there several times during the Mavs-Warriors series. I like the place but damn, the service is horrible. There was very, very few people there and they would take over 30 minutes to bring a drink. They would bring the wrong food/drink and then argue with us that it was right :lmao I had to go get the manager the last time we were there.

I wish the service was better because it's a decent atmosphere.

T Park
05-17-2007, 12:02 PM
nice place, love the TVs.

But the food stinks as bad as the service.

Kori Ellis
05-17-2007, 12:04 PM
For the Milwaukee pick... I don't know if I'd rather get a back-up PG or a big guy.

Yes, the Spurs somehow need a backup point, a big that can board, and a SF.

I liked Vaughn for a while this season, but damn. It was amazing to me that Tony was +22 last night and Vaughn was -17.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 12:06 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/42q5e158.jpg

Make it so, Sam.

Mr. Body
05-17-2007, 12:07 PM
Vaughn can't cut it. I'll move this to the draft board.

But I couldn't help but notice it was Duncan rebounding against a horde most of the time and that Vaughn sucked.

whottt
05-17-2007, 12:08 PM
There's only one genius in this series:

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/buck/img/jun05/rh619.jpg

PeterBurns
05-17-2007, 12:50 PM
What the hell?!

We went there several times during the Mavs-Warriors series. I like the place but damn, the service is horrible. There was very, very few people there and they would take over 30 minutes to bring a drink. They would bring the wrong food/drink and then argue with us that it was right :lmao I had to go get the manager the last time we were there.

Yeah, the Blanco location has had some serious staffing issues.
But the Sonterra Location is bad ass. We brougt it up to them about the lack of help, and they overstaff the new location....at least so far.

SAtown
05-17-2007, 12:53 PM
I was there last night. Service was great, but the damn TV signal kept fading throughout the first half. I was also sitting right next to the damn speakers playing all the At&t stadium music. It was deafening

deepsouth
05-17-2007, 12:57 PM
I liked Vaughn for a while this season, but damn. It was amazing to me that Tony was +22 last night and Vaughn was -17.

Kori. Where do you get the +/- charts?

Kori Ellis
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
Kori. Where do you get the +/- charts?

http://popcornmachine.net/cgi-bin/gameflow.cgi?date=20070516&game=SASPHO

picnroll
05-17-2007, 01:05 PM
-17 in 6.4 minutes, impressive. What's Vaughn's +/- for the series?

Dayam pretty soon I'll be missing Van Suck. I'm down with the first pick as a PG or better yet a good combo. Four years now backup PG has been an achilles heel.

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 01:09 PM

I think you're confused ... -17 was the Spurs score at halftime. :lol

whottt
05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
-17 in 6.4 minutes, impressive. What's Vaughn's +/- for the series?

Dayam pretty soon I'll be missing Van Suck. I'm down with the first pick as a PG or better yet a good combo. Four years now backup PG has been an achilles heel.

Fuck that....we need to get SF up in this bitch.

Play Parker 48 if we need more PG.

Mofo is 25 and averages less minutes than Nash.

He avgs fewer minutes than Stockton did at the age of 50.

T Park
05-17-2007, 01:16 PM
Mofo is 25 and averages less minutes than Nash.

Thats why he was able to make shots in the stretch and not Nash.

Duh :spin

PlaneFast
05-17-2007, 01:20 PM

I thought point guards were supposed to be the smart ones.

<rimshot>

Bruno
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I still believe in Vaughn.
Phoenix is a quite bad serie for him but if Spurs win this serie, he should be fine playing 10mpg against Utah.

bdictjames
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Vaughn should at least make his jumpshots.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Did we expect any backup to do well against Barbosa and Nash?

deepsouth
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks!

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Did we expect any backup to do well against Barbosa and Nash?

I'm sure we expect them to make wide open shots

Budkin
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM

That's a really cool site, thanks for sharing!

mardigan
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Man, Elson was -11, got to stop putting that guy on the court, bring on Ely/Butler

Doug Collins
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/42q5e158.jpg

Make it so, Sam.

The Law on the Spurs would make me wet myself.

PeterBurns
05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
I was there last night. Service was great, but the damn TV signal kept fading throughout the first half. I was also sitting right next to the damn speakers playing all the At&t stadium music. It was deafening

Where you there with a girl last night?
I was at the L shaped table, with a bunch of people.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
The Law on the Spurs would make me wet myself.
MANCRUSH ALERT.

Flea
05-17-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, the Blanco location has had some serious staffing issues.
But the Sonterra Location is bad ass. We brougt it up to them about the lack of help, and they overstaff the new location....at least so far.

We were at the Sonterra location for game 3 and it was great! Service was fast and the beer kept coming. :)

Mitch Cumsteen
05-17-2007, 02:33 PM
That is an awesome site. Thank you.

In defense of Vaughn, the majority of his -17 came at the end of the first quarter after Parker picked up his second foul and the whole team fell apart. I can't blame all of that on him, but his playmaking certainly wasn't helping. Say what you will about the sucktitude that Beno is, dude can drill an open 17 footer all day long. Beno actually had some good moments in that 2005 series, IIRC. This just in: we need a backup point guard. Law will be long gone by the time the Spurs pick.

Even more stunning than Vaughn's +/-.... Barbosa was -16. For being such a key player for them, he's stunk it up this series. If they were going to win last night shorthanded, they really needed more from him.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 02:40 PM
MANCRUSH ALERT.

What would YOU do if we got Acie?

I would probably don a party hat and run naked through the streets. It'd be like having a young Robert Horry PG on the team with serious all-around skills.

Law, Manu, Bowen, Horry, Duncan. <<< The clutchmasters of the universe. Who do you leave open there? :hungry:

BradLohaus
05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
Bring back Jason Hart. Draft Alando Tucker, Brandon Rush and James Hughes, the center from Northern Illinois.

Que Gee
05-17-2007, 03:18 PM

People were chunking F-Bombs at Pop..."What F'N Line up is this?"

Then the Genius kicked in.

It was almost if Pop sat them down before the game and said....

"Listen, they are going to come out amped....Relax, Weather the storm, they have no bench. Let them use everything they got in the 1st half, and we'll waer them down in the 3rd and 4th"

Pop decides to rest the stars during a crucial early stretch, and by the 4th. The didn't have any gas.....

Pop has almost made up for playing small ball last year.

I hope this is sarcasm...I really do. Then it would be funny. :lol

sprrs
05-17-2007, 03:29 PM
Vaughn should at least make his jumpshots.

Vaughn should stop taking jumpshots. I go sick to my stomach every time I see one of his shots in the air.

IX_Equilibrium
05-17-2007, 03:32 PM
What the hell?!

Are you talking about the Blanco & 410 location, or Alamo Heights?

Strike
05-17-2007, 03:34 PM
I still believe in Vaughn.
Phoenix is a quite bad serie for him but if Spurs win this serie, he should be fine playing 10mpg against Utah.

Uhhh, what?