PDA

View Full Version : Lol Spurs Fans

Tha Carter
05-17-2007, 12:10 PM
Ive been a guest for quite some time but i had to register last nite during the game..seriously the posts in here kill me lol,talk about pure comedy and cussing all allowed on this site,i love it especially in the gamethreads looool...go spurs :clap and i wanna say fuck the Suns :ihit and Mavs :ihit ...lol its almost as tho the spurs decided to play terrible so that ppl dont discredit them for this win...can i diss vaughn tho?

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 12:12 PM
can i diss vaughn tho?

There's a line.

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 12:13 PM
Welcome to playoff Spurstalk...

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 12:14 PM
There's a line.

ROFL... yeah... Vaughn has almost made me utter the "B" word...

Damn him for giving Slovenia hope.

Tha Carter
05-17-2007, 12:15 PM
There's a line.But hes terrible! dude almost cost the spurs the game after the timeout with the score 77-79.he missed a jumper and the lead got pushed back to 8...soon as he enters the game suns make a run lol :pctoss

mardigan
05-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Yea, Vaughn was actually making me wish for Beno to come in

T Park
05-17-2007, 12:21 PM
Vaughn last night actually made me wonder "Wonder how Beno would matchup vs this lineup"

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 12:21 PM
But hes terrible! dude almost cost the spurs the game after the timeout with the score 77-79.he missed a jumper and the lead got pushed back to 8...soon as he enters the game suns make a run lol :pctoss

No, I meant there's a line forming.

I'm at about the eighth spot in line.

LEONARD
05-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Ive been a guest for quite some time but i had to register last nite during the game..seriously the posts in here kill me lol,talk about pure comedy and cussing all allowed on this site,i love it especially in the gamethreads looool...go spurs :clap and i wanna say fuck the Suns :ihit and Mavs :ihit ...lol its almost as tho the spurs decided to play terrible so that ppl dont discredit them for this win...can i diss vaughn tho?

Welcome aboard...

You'll find the comedy factor high here as most posters live and die with the team, and they'll turn on the players & coach in a heartbeat, then 5 seconds later proclaim their greatness. It's funny to watch IMO... :lol

Jimcs50
05-17-2007, 12:24 PM
Vaughn last night actually made me wonder "Wonder how Beno would matchup vs this lineup"

Free Beno!!!

Tha Carter
05-17-2007, 12:33 PM
Welcome aboard...

You'll find the comedy factor high here as most posters live and die with the team, and they'll turn on the players & coach in a heartbeat, then 5 seconds later proclaim their greatness. It's funny to watch IMO... :lollol thanks i witnessed a lotta that during the game thread,there are so many fans on this board and guests :wow

DallasFan
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM

Welcome aboard. You'll find a lot us hated Mavs fans too... :smokin

BTW, what are they saying in NJ about Kidd coming to Dallas?

DudleyDawson
05-17-2007, 12:34 PM

I'm at about the eighth spot in line.
:rollin

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2007, 12:41 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I would love to see Kidd in Dallas.

hopefully on a 6 year max contract.

Dump Steve Nash because he is "past his prime" and then bring in a 35 year old point guard?

That would very Cubanesque...

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM

I ain't flying to Timbuktu to share no visitation.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 12:47 PM
yeah, jumanji doesnt feel like wearing a big blond wig

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Welcome, this board is great!! :downspin:

whoops on edit: I agree with what you say about the Spurs barely winning. If it would have been a blowout, everyone would be screaming bloody murder not that it isn't happening now.

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
There's a line.

I'm at about the eighth spot in line.:lmao

Well played.

CavsSuperFan
05-17-2007, 12:51 PM
Cav’s got jobbed...Its a conspiracy...Nets got all the calls last night...Horry came in for one play & popped Lebron....Ferry is really pulling for the Spurs...There were Zebras on the grassy knoll...

Practicing to be a Suns fan...Sorry...Carry On.... :smokin

DarrinS
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
can i diss vaughn tho?

Five words you'll never hear during a basketball game...

"Jacques Vaughn for three........good".

boutons_
05-17-2007, 01:06 PM
agreed, Beno playing well for Beno is better than Jacque. But Beno has been on the bench so long, he's definitely game rusty and not in game shape.

And I don't think Pop will play around with rotations now. He didn't when Nick was sucking in playoffs.

florige
05-17-2007, 01:48 PM
Five words you'll never hear during a basketball game...

"Jacques Vaughn for three........good".

It's freakin amazing how a guy can be soo good in college and once he gets to the NBA he is absolutley horrible. If im Pop I don't care if Vaughn is WIDE open, DON'T SHOOT. For all of that we should have held on to Van Exel. At least he could shoot. The only thing with him was he got too trigger happy too much.

hater
05-17-2007, 01:50 PM
Vaughn has no business shooting in the 4th quarter.... actually he has no business being on the court in the 4th quarter

J.T.
05-17-2007, 01:58 PM
I have had Free Beno in my sig since the playoffs started and just now everyone is starting to see things my way. Fuck Vaughn.

samikeyp
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM
You'll find the comedy factor high here as most posters live and die with the team, and they'll turn on the players & coach in a heartbeat, then 5 seconds later proclaim their greatness. It's funny to watch IMO...

You mean....every fan board doesn't do that? :nerd
:)

Cav’s got jobbed...Its a conspiracy...Nets got all the calls last night...Horry came in for one play & popped Lebron....Ferry is really pulling for the Spurs...There were Zebras on the grassy knoll...

Practicing to be a Suns fan...Sorry...Carry On....

:lmao

You forgot "Bruce simultaniously kicked all the LeBrons at once!....I think Wise broke his hip!" :)

LEONARD
05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
You mean....every fan board doesn't do that? :nerd

To an extent...ST, and Spurs fans in general, are on a different level than everybody else though...

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM
ST, and Spurs fans in general, are on a different level than everybody else though...
That's the smartest thing you've ever said.

I have a feeling it isn't what you meant, though.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 02:18 PM
To an extent...ST, and Spurs fans in general, are on a different level than everybody else though...

Yeah... for some reason we tend to be a pessimistic lot that jumps down the player's throat. A lot and for long periods of time. Then when they drill a trey, all is forgive. :downspin:

I never understood it. I love Parker. I love Manu. I love Duncan, even when they all have bad stretches, they're still better than most players in the league. What team wouldn't kill to have a Manu or a Parker on their team, to say nothing of Timmy?

I think Spurs fans are a bit too entitled. We expect an A+ effort all the time from our players without fully admitting that it's just not human.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah... for some reason we tend to be a pessimistic lot that jumps down the player's throat. A lot and for long periods of time. Then when they drill a trey, all is forgive. :downspin:

I never understood it. I love Parker. I love Manu. I love Duncan, even when they all have bad stretches, they're still better than most players in the league. What team wouldn't kill to have a Manu or a Parker on their team, to say nothing of Timmy?

I think Spurs fans are a bit too entitled. We expect an A+ effort all the time from our players without fully admitting that it's just not human.
No, it's a discussion board. We talk about the Spurs. LJ and T Park are as critical of Elson as anyone on this board, and if Elson came out and dropped a double double on Phoenix, they'd be elated. If the Spurs come out and play like shit, I'll point out that they are playing like shit, even if I'm still rooting for them. There's no conflict between critiquing someone's performance, even harshly, and hoping they do well.

And you are completely wrong. You can't expect a great performance out of every player, but you can expect everyone to give maximum effort, especially in the playoffs.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 02:37 PM
No, it's a discussion board. We talk about the Spurs. LJ and T Park are as critical of Elson as anyone on this board, and if Elson came out and dropped a double double on Phoenix, they'd be elated. If the Spurs come out and play like shit, I'll point out that they are playing like shit, even if I'm still rooting for them. There's no conflict between critiquing someone's performance, even harshly, and hoping they do well.

There's a titanic difference between discussing a player who's struggling and having repeated threads that demand a trade. Did you not see the Manu posts earlier this season? "He's peaked, we need to trade him while we can." and etc. There were threads about Parker's inability to be effective in the playoffs for us as well, and some suggested that we ship him for a better "clutch" PG.

And yes, there IS a difference between critiquing someone's performance and throwing half our team under a bus in the middle of January. Hell, several fans were even stating that Duncan was washed up -- do you not remember this? A friend of mine who's a Bull's fan stated that some of the opinions of this forum made him "ashamed to even be an NBA fan". Say all you want about critiquing, but the venom spewing from even regs on this site earlier in the year was something special to behold.

And you are completely wrong. You can't expect a great performance out of every player, but you can expect everyone to give maximum effort, especially in the playoffs.

Point taken. That said, I think our players have expended a huge effort this year. The only lapses I saw were Manu in the Nugget series and Barry this one, although he's had his moments too. The problem -I- have with the game threads especially is that players are cursed up and down when they miss shots and praised endlessly when they hit them -- bad shots or good shots, it doesn't matter. Manu could make 2 steals in a row, a block, a rebound, then clank an open three, and people would be denouncing him and demanding that Finley be subbed in.

to21
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Welcome aboard...

You'll find the comedy factor high here as most posters live and die with the team, and they'll turn on the players & coach in a heartbeat, then 5 seconds later proclaim their greatness. It's funny to watch IMO... :lol

:rolleyes

WTF is this dude talking about? Is ST the only board you troll on?

That shit happens everywhere!

DallasFan
05-17-2007, 03:06 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

I would love to see Kidd in Dallas.

hopefully on a 6 year max contract.

Dump Steve Nash because he is "past his prime" and then bring in a 35 year old point guard?

That would very Cubanesque...

Maybe, but it's an upgrade at point from what we have now. I still wish we had Nash though.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 03:14 PM
There's a titanic difference between discussing a player who's struggling and having repeated threads that demand a trade. Did you not see the Manu posts earlier this season? "He's peaked, we need to trade him while we can." and etc. There were threads about Parker's inability to be effective in the playoffs for us as well, and some suggested that we ship him for a better "clutch" PG.

And yes, there IS a difference between critiquing someone's performance and throwing half our team under a bus in the middle of January. Hell, several fans were even stating that Duncan was washed up -- do you not remember this? A friend of mine who's a Bull's fan stated that some of the opinions of this forum made him "ashamed to even be an NBA fan". Say all you want about critiquing, but the venom spewing from even regs on this site earlier in the year was something special to behold.
I'll grant you that people do that. There's a lunatic fringe elment that overreacts to everything. There were guys on the game thread last night whining about how the Spurs weren't getting any calls. There are people here that blame the league for fixing games against the Spurs, but only when they lose. There's a group of people who are only Spurs fans because there are a couple of guys on the team from their home country and they could give a shit about anyone else. There's even been the group that has said Duncan lost a step and hoped that the Spurs would tank this season so they could get Greg Oden. I don't really think of any of those things as the mainstream approach of the fans on this board. I get disgusted with gutless performances and boneheaded coaching decisions. I also get annoyed with people who think that Spurs fans are too "entitled". I haven't been a Spurs fan as long as a lot of people around here, and I'm still elated when they win a first round playoff series because it was so rare at one time.

Cry Havoc
05-17-2007, 03:50 PM
I'll grant you that people do that. There's a lunatic fringe elment that overreacts to everything. There were guys on the game thread last night whining about how the Spurs weren't getting any calls. There are people here that blame the league for fixing games against the Spurs, but only when they lose. There's a group of people who are only Spurs fans because there are a couple of guys on the team from their home country and they could give a shit about anyone else. There's even been the group that has said Duncan lost a step and hoped that the Spurs would tank this season so they could get Greg Oden. I don't really think of any of those things as the mainstream approach of the fans on this board. I get disgusted with gutless performances and boneheaded coaching decisions. I also get annoyed with people who think that Spurs fans are too "entitled". I haven't been a Spurs fan as long as a lot of people around here, and I'm still elated when they win a first round playoff series because it was so rare at one time.

Shit, we're agreeing. Can't have that on an internet forum.

:owned

There. Now I feel better.

I'm still pretty young, so growing up I had a chance to see how badly we sucked. I STILL remember playing the most revolutionary basketball game of all time (NBA Live '95, back when EA was a good company) and thinking, wow, David Robinson, Rodman, Vinny, Elliott, AND J.R. Reid!? This team could go all the way! And did. Several times. But only in Live '95. Then we went out, won 62 games, and laid an egg in the playoffs. That hurt almost as much as being a Cubs fan. :depressed

Winning the Western Conference Finals is still a big deal for me. Hell, being in contention as one of the best teams in the league during the regular season is exciting to me. I try to savor this, and some fans look at the negative.

But how many teams have a player like Duncan, to say nothing of Manu and Parker at the same time?

SAtoDallas
05-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Probably nothing.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 06:16 PM
Shit, we're agreeing. Can't have that on an internet forum.

:owned

There. Now I feel better.

I'm still pretty young, so growing up I had a chance to see how badly we sucked. I STILL remember playing the most revolutionary basketball game of all time (NBA Live '95, back when EA was a good company) and thinking, wow, David Robinson, Rodman, Vinny, Elliott, AND J.R. Reid!? This team could go all the way! And did. Several times. But only in Live '95. Then we went out, won 62 games, and laid an egg in the playoffs. That hurt almost as much as being a Cubs fan. :depressed

Winning the Western Conference Finals is still a big deal for me. Hell, being in contention as one of the best teams in the league during the regular season is exciting to me. I try to savor this, and some fans look at the negative.

But how many teams have a player like Duncan, to say nothing of Manu and Parker at the same time?
Don't forget the rifleman. He was out of his mind clutch. I don't think the Spurs lost a single close game that year.

TampaDude
05-17-2007, 06:17 PM

Welcome aboard...yeah, this motherfucking board is fucking awesome...you can even fucking say fucked-up shit like "shitfuck!" :lol

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 06:20 PM

:lol at you trying to take the high road. You troll a Spurs message board and e-stalk a delusional, antagonistic, annoying Spurs fan that everyone hates. Nice try though.