PDA

View Full Version : Protrade: The dirty debate: Suns vs. Spurs

nkdlunch
05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
The dirty debate: Suns vs. Spurs
2 2 2 | 06:55 AM PDT By pietrazek
Topics: cheating Spurs vs Suns dirty

I am confused. When did Amare Stoudemire dawn his Superman costume and start saving lives. Reading posts about this Amare is getting about the same amount of press as Jesus would for accomplishing his miracles. Stoudemire averaged 20 per game this season, however good, that is not super-human, save the world, become the Suns all-powerful saving force. Stoudemire has been just as dirty as the Spurs are being blamed for. In games 1, 2 and 3 Stoudemire and other Suns have been throwing elbows; extensively pushing under the basket and doing all the things the Spurs are getting blamed for. The only difference is the Suns are not getting caught or blatantly the calls are not being made. Yeah you can say if the Spurs win the series it was handed to them via suspensions. But the Spurs can and SHOULD say if the Suns win the series that the referees packaged the games for them. It must have been a deal where you buy the calls in 4 games then you get the call in the next 3 games for free. I do agree the Spurs started getting a lot of calls in the second half of the game 5 but I write that off to the referees trying not to get fined by headquarters for too many bad calls so they swung the pendulum the other direction for a while. What do you honestly think caused Horry to snap? During and 8-0 run for the Suns in game 4 where the Spurs shot something like 1 for 12 do you honestly believe the Spurs were fouling the Suns “proof of this by the Suns going to the line” but the Suns were not fouling the Spurs?... Please, let’s be reasonable.

And before people forget game 4, I will remind you that the Suns "Stole" it away from the Spurs. Ginobili said it perfect last night after the game. "The Suns played great for 42 minutes and we played great for 6". Just like the Spurs played great for 45 minutes in game 4 and the Suns played great for 3. Yes the Spurs already have championship rings; do you know what the difference is? The Spurs have a deeper bench. I know the Spurs would not have liked to lose Ginobili, Parker or Duncan; but they would have still been a big threat. Proof of this is the fact the Spurs were down by 11 points in the fourth quarter with time running out and who did coach Popavich take out...TIM DUNCAN. The Spurs can play without their MVP and the Suns need to learn to how to. Controversy should not ruin a team but instead make the team stronger.

Furthermore you can say its not fair that the Suns lost players for no reason. To be fair I don’t believe Boris Diaw should have been suspended. I dont think the added to the problem. But Stoudemire came off the bench with intent to fight and you cant say otherwise. Did you see the look on his face, the way he flipped the towel off his neck; that’s called "a weak attempt" but an attempt no less to intimidate and that’s unacceptable. If the coaches where not there who knows what would have happened “yes I understand we can only guess what would have happened”, but it sure looked aggressive. You want Phoenix players to stay in the game tell them to stop trying to fight/intimidate and play basketball. Dont even get me started on Raja Bell, “Young punk”, that’s all he is. Bell needs to do a lot of growing and a lot less whining. I stand by it that Steve Nash is still clean; yes he has done some borderline dirty things this series but I write that off to upping his intensity, trying to lead his team to victory, and getting caught up in the moment.

Now in reference to the "Horry body check"; Ginobili went down to a very similar play late in that game, I dont remember if Barbosa or Marian who set the "pick". But it was just as dirty so you can stop making Horry and the Spurs out to be the only team here that is "Cheating". Just because Ginobili isn’t crying to the media saying boo hoo the Suns are mean does not mean the play was not dirty. Every playoff series is getting rough, man up, stop complaining and get the job done. When I was in high school I remember a phrase my basketball coach said. "NO EXCUSES, they dont win basketball game. They just make me mad". Again you should not need to rely on excuses or fouls to win a basketball game. As an NBA players really need to work harder, complain less, and STOP TAKING FLOPS! Yes I mean the Spurs too. Parker is notorious for driving to the basket and falling, “I believe in hopes to get a foul called”. I have noticed his average increases when he stays on his feet. Everybody needs to stop trying for extra free throws and try harder to make the basket. I ask you this, who thinks Nash might have hit the 3 pointer with seconds to go if he would not have "flopped". I mean put more effort into making the 3 and less effort in getting the foul. Another note in the Nuggets/Spurs series Alan Iverson tried the same 3 point flop that Nash did. He looked stupid, had no form and tried harder to get the foul than make the basket. Ironically he made the basket, and then looked at the referee like “boo hoo, why did I not get the foul. EVERYBODY, buck up, stop crying, stop flopping and focus on MAKING THE SHOT! I don’t like soccer but at least they penalize people for faking.

I used to really like the Suns. I still really like Nash, respect Nash, and admit is he possibly one of the greatest ever. But the Suns as a whole are getting away with a lot of dirty, cheap shots. I just hope to see less dirt, hear less talk and see more good basketball. As I too agree that this series will probably be the best series in the NBA this postseason.

hater
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Stoudemire has been just as dirty as the Spurs are being blamed for. In games 1, 2 and 3 Stoudemire and other Suns have been throwing elbows; extensively pushing under the basket and doing all the things the Spurs are getting blamed for. The only difference is the Suns are not getting caught or blatantly the calls are not being made. Yeah you can say if the Spurs win the series it was handed to them via suspensions.

But the Spurs can and SHOULD say if the Suns win the series that the referees packaged the games for them. It must have been a deal where you buy the calls in 4 games then you get the call in the next 3 games for free. I do agree the Spurs started getting a lot of calls in the second half of the game 5 but I write that off to the referees trying not to get fined by headquarters for too many bad calls so they swung the pendulum the other direction for a while. What do you honestly think caused Horry to snap? During and 8-0 run for the Suns in game 4 where the Spurs shot something like 1 for 12 do you honestly believe the Spurs were fouling the Suns “proof of this by the Suns going to the line” but the Suns were not fouling the Spurs?... Please, let’s be reasonable.

this gets my approval

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Reading posts about this Amare is getting about the same amount of press as Jesus would for accomplishing his miracles.

Well, he IS Black Jesus. If he wasn't, why did God tattoo it on his neck?

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM
Well, he IS Black Jesus. If he wasn't, why did God tattoo it on his neck?

Thou shall not use Gods name in vain. It will come back to you.

:lol

cheguevara
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
I used to really like the Suns. I still really like Nash, respect Nash, and admit is he possibly one of the greatest ever. But the Suns as a whole are getting away with a lot of dirty, cheap shots. I just hope to see less dirt, hear less talk and see more good basketball. As I too agree that this series will probably be the best series in the NBA this postseason.

amen

csl24
05-17-2007, 07:05 PM
That was a long opinion there. Good job nevertheless. Its time to end this series and move along. Even if the country is against us for false reasons.

clambake
05-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I feel bad for the spurs. Such a good season now washed down the drain.

peskypesky
05-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I feel bad for the spurs. Such a good season now washed down the drain.

umm, yeah. wish we could trade seasons with the Mavs. NOT!

TheSanityAnnex
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
Both the Suns and the Spurs have a bunch of whiners. When will it stop?

traitoravery
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM
I feel bad for the Mavericks. Such a good season now washed down the drain.

Fixed :toast

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:22 PM
nkdlunch, please provide a link to this article. Thanks.