PDA

View Full Version : F' Steve Kerr--stating Duncan Actions Should Have Allowed Suns To Play!!

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 12:45 PM
Fuck Steve Kerr!

People on this website who keep supporting him--he is a fucking Uns TOOL!!!

At least--check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb1T89Xw9kc

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 12:46 PM
steve kerr is the most overrated player in spurs history. but he's white and funny

clambake
05-17-2007, 12:48 PM
Kerr is just unhappy that this series is no more legitimate than pro wrestling.

He hates watching the spurs destroy the integrity of the NBA.

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 12:49 PM
Steve Alford > Steve Kerr. When it comes to slow-footed, white 3-point shooters named Steve, the Mavs own, just like they own the NBA.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 12:51 PM
What a tool...

Fillmoe
05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
why are spurs fans mad that kerr is speaking the truth? the league fucked over the suns and everyone but spurs fans are able to realize that........... HMMM I WONDER WHY THAT IS?

nkdlunch
05-17-2007, 12:52 PM
FUck steve kerr. as I post I am deleting his 3pts vs. Mavs from my memory.

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Worse is that people HERE actually support him, say he is "objective," and bullshit like that.

This is a guy who is OWNED by the Uns owner.

Check out this article:

IGN.com
Steve Kerr Interview
The Suns, playing with Mike, and sinking shots in the clutch.
by Victor Kelly
March 13, 2007 - When Lute Olson looked at Steve Kerr, he not only saw the best pure shooter he ever coached, he also saw a champion. He knew that at the next level, if you put Kerr in the right situation, a scenario where he could play that sniper role, he would walk away from the game with at least one ring.

And Kerr did just that, winning three championships with the Chicago Bulls and another two with the San Antonio Spurs, playing a supporting role to two of the best players to ever lace up kicks, Michael Jordan and Tim Duncan.

Kerr continues to make big moves in retirement, not only as an analyst on TNT but as a minority owner of the Phoenix Suns.

IGN Sports caught up with Kerr to talk Suns and the challenges that come along with playing along side a superstar like MJ.

IGN Sports: You are a minority owner and consultant with the Phoenix Suns, talk about your role with the organization and how it came about for you?

Steve Kerr: It is interesting for me just to see the other side of the business. I spent 15 years as a player and never really knew how the basketball operations were run from a financial side of it. It has been a good experience for me. I don't have a big role in the organization. The best way to describe what I do is I am a consultant to (owner) Robert Sarver and we are very close. I got to know him very well and I have enjoyed working with him. My main responsibility with the Suns is as a consultant. We will see if that role grows down the road, but that is what I enjoy doing right now.

IGN Sports: I have had several conversations with former players that try to stay close to the game by taking on a coaching role or some kind of front office position. Over the last couple of years several players have showed an interest in becoming a minority owner of a professional team. Is this what you had in mind before you retired from the game?

Steve Kerr: No. I never ever gave ownership a thought. My thoughts before I retired were coaching and broadcasting. The broadcasting gig came up and I jumped at it. I love it and I have been thrilled working for Turner. The ownership thing came up out of nowhere. The way it happened was Robert is an Arizona graduate like I am and he was very friendly with Lute Olson. He wanted to buy an NBA team and called Lute Olson and asked him for some advice. Lute said: "Let me put you in touch with Steve because he has been in the NBA for a long time and he can help you open up the right doors." So that's basically what happened. I took Robert to meet David Stern and kind of got him in the right doors. To make a long story short, we ended up in Phoenix meeting with Jerry Colangelo and when Robert made the offer to Jerry he asked me to be a part of it. I really did not have any designs for ownership…it kind of just fell into my lap.

IGN Sports: What is it your role as consultant entail?

Steve Kerr: Well, it is sort of sporadic because there will be several weeks at a time where nothing really happens because there are no decisions to be made. So there is really no such thing as a typical day I would say because there are just different times where things just happen to take place. In the first couple of years on board I sat in on the draft and watched that process. I threw in my two cents for whatever that was worth. [laughs] I sat in on a lot of financial meetings in reference to sponsorship, not to mention tickets sales, and marketing meetings. There have been times where I have been pretty involved a lot with how the operation works. Then there are times where there could be a month where there is nothing going on depending on the time of the year.

IGN Sports: What has been the biggest surprise for you in this role?

Steve Kerr: I think as a player you always assume that the team is making millions and millions of dollars. Or that it is a big money maker and that it is not a whole lot of thought that has to go into it. If you sell a lot of tickets and put together a good team than you are going to make a lot of money. It is obvious that it is not that simple. But, as a player you see the price on that franchise and you just assume that they must be big money makers or people would not buy them. I was surprised just to find out at how much work goes into making sure that the business is profitable; and even if you do that work, and do everything right, you still may lose money. So that part was surprising to me. It is an interesting balance in trying to find players to make your team really good and at the same time running a financially sound operation. That is the challenge for every team.

IGN Sports: How much fun are you having as an analyst working for TNT?

Steve Kerr: I am really enjoying doing the broadcast work with Turner. I love working with Marv Albert and getting the chance to work the playoff games with Doug Collins was just golden. Getting the chance to work with Doug and Marv, who are considered not just by me, but by most people, the best play-by-play and the best color-guy ever! There I am in the conference finals sitting right there in the middle between both of them. It is incredible. I have been incredibly blessed just to be able to learn from two guys that are absolutely at the top of their profession.

IGN Sports: You have been doing such a great job since you joined the NBA on TNT, it just seems natural for you. How did you get the gig?

Steve Kerr: Well, the last four or five years of my career I really started focusing on what I was going to do in reference to post playing and broadcasting just seemed like a natural fit. I have always been very comfortable behind a microphone. I love talking about basketball, I love being around people, I love being around the game, the travel and the excitement around the arena, it was right there. It seemed like a natural fit because I did a lot of speaking engagements and I worked on a Sunday night wrap-up show in Chicago when I was playing with the Bulls. I did a lot of things to try and prepare myself and my timing was just great. When I retired, I was offered the job at Turner because Jeff Van Gundy and Danny Ainge had just left to go take coaching jobs and front office jobs at the same time. So, all of sudden, Turner was scrambling looking for a couple of new people. The timing just worked out perfectly because they were looking for somebody and I was ready to give it a shot. So it all worked out.

IGN Sports: You had the luxury of playing with two of the NBA's best and obviously have the rings to show it. Can you talk about what it was like playing with superstars like MJ and Duncan, players who can take over the game at any point?

Steve Kerr: To me it is a lot easier than not playing with one because guys like that draw so much attention because they are so good that naturally you are going to get open shots and plenty of opportunities to score…that is the easy part. The hard part is that you feel a responsibility toward these guys because you are very aware that these guys are responsible for winning championships. They are the kind of players who win titles and you just don't want to screw that up for them. There is a lot of pressure playing with those guys too. Michael (Jordan) was one of those that would put pressure on you and he wanted to see if you were the type that could handle it. Tim (Duncan) was the easiest guy to play with on earth. He is super mellow and would put all the blame on him but it is almost just as difficult because you just don't want to let anybody down, Michael or Tim. It is an interesting dynamic but it is an incredible experience to play with guys like that because you are always going to go far in the playoffs and you are always going to be in a position to have a great moment and that is what I feel like I owe to Michael and Tim. Without those guys there is no way I am ever in a position to win a NBA Championship, or make a game winning shot. Those are the guys who deserve it.

IGN Sports: When you were in Chicago, how did you handle the pressure playing with Mike and what did he say he wanted from you?

Steve Kerr: At first we really weren't on the same page in Chicago because he was used to John Paxon, and even though I am a similar player to John, he wasn't comfortable with me in the beginning. I had to earn his trust. That is the thing with Michael, everybody had to earn his trust. You have to go through the wars before you can earn that trust. If he throws you the ball during a regular season and you hit the big shot that's great, but that is still not what it is about, it's what you do during the playoffs. I never felt like I earned Michael's trust until 1997 when he threw me the ball against Utah and I made the shot. From that point on I knew he would count on me.

IGN Sports: Compare your experience down in San Antonio with Tim after going through the trust factor with Michael.

Steve Kerr: A little different because it is more of an inside-out game. Technically you are different. With Michael he would be all over the floor with a lot of penetration and kick. With Tim it was pretty much post up or spot up on the outside. So it is kind of a difficult adjustment to make basketball-wise because I did not feel like I was moving the way I was playing with Michael in the triangle offense…I was doing a lot of standing around. So that took a little time in the first year. Playing with Tim was easy because he is so mellow of a guy, very accommodating and he is an incredibly nice guy. He did not put any pressure on anybody.

IGN Sports: Can you talk about what your philosophy was to staying calm under pressure?

Steve Kerr: For me, I had to learn how to do that. The more you want to make it, the more pressure you put on yourself. You almost have to let yourself go and try to forget about the responsibility that is on your shoulders…you are just taking a shot. It took me a long time to realize you literally just have to throw conscious in the wind, just let fly and move past your fear of failure. It wasn't until I did that on the floor that I started making big shots.

IGN Sports: There have been a lot of comments made recently over the last two years about the age limits for players in the NBA. Do you like the age limit or do you think we need to go back and re-think this one more time?

Steve Kerr: I am all for the age limit being 19, and to be honest, I would have preferred 20. I understand how they negotiated for 19. I just think guys at 18, coming out of high school are not prepared for the NBA. Some are prepared physically like LeBron James, obviously, but I just feel the emotional part of it is too difficult for an 18 year old kid. No life experience and not a whole lot of education. I just think guys are better prepared, whether it is going to college for a year or two, or going to minor leagues like the NBDL. Just some life experience would be a whole lot of help.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 12:55 PM
Kerr is just unhappy that this series is no more legitimate than pro wrestling.

He hates watching the spurs destroy the integrity of the NBA.

:clap EXACTLY! Spurs are just a bunch of circus clowns. That's why WWE is so popular in San Antonio... next match, Manu the TIGER against Cheap shot BOB!

http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/manu_tiger-794868.jpg

SAtown
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
/\ /\ /\ /\ /\

That was funny the first 1000 times, but after 1001 it's no longer funny.

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 12:58 PM
I know--

I think David Robinson has a financial interest in the Spurs.

I think TNT should offer David an opportunity to be an analyst for an upcoming Spurs game.

If people do not see this as a conflict of interest, I don't know what is in their brains.

Fillmoe
05-17-2007, 12:59 PM
spurs fans avoiding this thread like the plague

hater
05-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Kerr is full of shit.

He is objective on TNT broadcasts, but the fact that outside of those broadcasts he is obviously on Suns side makes him even more of a hypocrite.

He is basically being a fake on live TNT broadcasts. fucking lier, full of shit.

He reminds me of a politician, maybe he should run for office.

Sec24Row7
05-17-2007, 01:02 PM
:clap EXACTLY! Spurs are just a bunch of circus clowns. That's why WWE is so popular in San Antonio... next match, Manu the TIGER against Cheap shot BOB!

http://www.spursdynasty.com/uploaded_images/manu_tiger-794868.jpg

Translation:

"OMG guys I found this picture on the Internet and it looks like Manu Ginobili...

I think I'm going to go annoy spurs fans with it...

WTF... they just think I'm stupid... apparently they say it was old 4 years ago... when I was a Hardcore Laker frontrunner fan and hadn't yet learned to operate a computer"

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
He's a good analyst. Not as good as the Mavericks' own Bob Ortegel, but nobody owns Bob, Bob owns everybody. Even when it comes to the color analysts on the local broadcasts, the Mavericks own.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 01:04 PM

What are you on?

Look, I like Steve Kerr, but he's way off here. As a player he should know: Rules are rules. And to bring the Tim Duncan non-infraction into it is just weak.

I mean, he's supposed to know the rules right?

mardigan
05-17-2007, 01:07 PM
why are spurs fans mad that kerr is speaking the truth? the league fucked over the suns and everyone but spurs fans are able to realize that........... HMMM I WONDER WHY THAT IS?Suns fucked themselves over, no one to blame except themselves

clambake
05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I didn't think there were rules in pro wrestling.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 01:10 PM
Who cares what Steve Kerr thinks? Really.

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 01:12 PM
Kerr has a national platform on both TV and on the internet--for him to be speaking on the Spurs-Uns playoffs is just fucked up.

There should at least be a disclaimer before each game he calls between the two teams that Kerr has a financial interest in the Uns.

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 01:13 PM
The media has been horrible in relation to allowing national tv commentators with complete conflicts of interest to work the playoff games of their teams. First of all, Kerr should not be working any WC Playoff Games period much less any Suns games. Secondly, Jon Barry should never work any Spurs games since his own brother plays for the team. That puts him in a horrible situation of having to try to look objective and he ends up sounding completely biased for the other team. I at least give him credit for trying, Kerr is now just a Suns homer on national tv. It's pathetic, you can actually see the dollar signs in his eyes every time the Suns are winning or go on a run.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:14 PM
What are you on?

Look, I like Steve Kerr, but he's way off here. As a player he should know: Rules are rules. And to bring the Tim Duncan non-infraction into it is just weak.

I mean, he's supposed to know the rules right?

ahhh...the age old american argument " the law is the law mister"

remember that alcohol was illegal once?

remember that women couldn't vote once?

remember that had african-americans as slaves?

remember when people were for the war in Iraq?

remember when drinking and driving was legal?

and they probably had the same selfish argument that we are hearing JUST from spurs fans..."well its the law...it has to be right way.

hater
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
LMAO at mavfan comparing human rights laws to the bench rule :lmao

hater
05-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Who cares what Steve Kerr thinks? Really.

obviously most of the media and public as Kerr has been interviewed in countless of shows the last couple of days.

and he keeps bringing up the DUncan argument.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:17 PM
LMAO at mavfan comparing human rights laws to the bench rule :lmao

LMAO at dumb beaners

hater
05-17-2007, 01:19 PM
LMAO at dumb beaners

the dumb beaners will be celebrating 2007 Spurs championship.

what will dallas fans do? besides celebrating Dirks MVP? oh yeah, celebrating the biggest chokejob in sporst history :lmao

fyatuk
The media has been horrible in relation to allowing national tv commentators with complete conflicts of interest to work the playoff games of their teams. First of all, Kerr should not be working any WC Playoff Games period much less any Suns games. Secondly, Jon Barry should never work any Spurs games since his own brother plays for the team. That puts him in a horrible situation of having to try to look objective and he ends up sounding completely biased for the other team. I at least give him credit for trying, Kerr is now just a Suns homer on national tv. It's pathetic, you can actually see the dollar signs in his eyes every time the Suns are winning or go on a run.

Oh come on, it was funny when Jon was told he could only insult his brother once a quarter :D

Kevin Blackistone
LMAO at dumb beaners

That's over the line. If you want to do that trash, take it somewhere else.

Kevin Blackistone
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
obviously most of the media and public as Kerr has been interviewed in countless of shows the last couple of days.

and he keeps bringing up the DUncan argument.

Obviously Kerr knows that the rule is for an altercation and vicinity of the bench. Obviously Kerr is ignoring those two things because of the dollar signs in his head. You know he's not objective and not credible, so ignore him. The media doesn't make a difference anyway, they don't choose the champion.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:22 PM
the dumb beaners will be celebrating 2007 Spurs championship.

what will dallas fans do? besides celebrating Dirks MVP? oh yeah, celebrating the biggest chokejob in sporst history :lmao

VIVA 2007!

It will be the last year that they will get to watch Spurs win anything, SA's economic infrastructure will implode after illegal immigration laws are passed.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:23 PM
That's over the line. If you want to do that trash, take it somewhere else.

What are you talking about, I actually got a little bean in my blood, how bout you?

clambake
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
what will dallas fans do? besides celebrating Dirks MVP? oh yeah, celebrating the biggest chokejob in sporst history

We'll be trying to sell the spurs on the WWE circuit.

T Park
05-17-2007, 01:25 PM
Mav fan now trying to out due suns fan, with racist comments.

Sigh...

bdictjames
05-17-2007, 01:27 PM
Duh he's forced to be biased for the Suns.

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM

and they probably had the same selfish argument that we are hearing JUST from spurs fans..."well its the law...it has to be right way.

Uhh, I thought the argument was "that's the law, so it has to be done that way now, but it can be changed later."

Just like prohibition was lifted under protest.

Women got to vote because of protests.

The slaves were freed after a civil war.

Iraq is a public opinion, not a law, so not sure the relevance.

And again, the laws were changed for drunk driving.

BEFORE those laws were changed, the consequences were paid, even though we now would consider those consequences as wrong.

So petition the league to change the rule, and quit bugging us about it.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 01:28 PM
Obviously Kerr knows that the rule is for an altercation and vicinity of the bench. Obviously Kerr is ignoring those two things because of the dollar signs in his head. You know he's not objective and not credible, so ignore him. The media doesn't make a difference anyway, they don't choose the champion.

Yeah Kevin, Kerr is not credible... but a bunch of Spurs HOMERS with no basketball knowledge and a boring team are? You are HIGH! :smokin

It is not just Kerr by the way... seems to me that media from all over the country are calling the Spurs the punk asses that they are and the league and Nazi Stern are really messing up the NBA... ASTERICK *

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 01:29 PM

remember that alcohol was illegal once?

remember that women couldn't vote once?

remember that had african-americans as slaves?

remember when people were for the war in Iraq?

remember when drinking and driving was legal?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the owner of the Suns signed off on that RULE (not law). If he wants to change it on the off-season, he's welcome to.

But you can't just change the rules for no reason. They are there to keep players out of trouble.

What do you think kept Amare from getting into the altercation? The rules. They worked.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
sunfan and mavfan vying for the title of biggest pussy.

easjer
05-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I can't blame the guy for being a little biased. I'm just amused that they continue to let him call those games.

Remember the choke hold ABC/ESPN put on Sean Elliot in 2003? He wasn't allowed to speak or do anything but smile. It was ludicrous, because they could have at least gotten his impressions on the players, since he'd played with most of them pretty recently. Instead, they muzzled him for fear of an appearance of conflict of interest.

Very different style of running things, TNT and ABC. As much as it annoys me to hear Kerr go on and on, I still prefer TNT's approach.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 01:32 PM
Tim didn't leave the vicinity of the bench and no, Steve, Bowen did not "run" out there to pull Tim back. Tim literally stood two steps into the court. Give me a break.

Other than that, I don't think Steve Kerr's comments were damning of the Spurs. I think its weak that there is a conflict of interest in him being a minority owner of the Suns and doing the national commentary. I think that's pretty weak. But I don't think Steve Kerr has been that bad. He obviously does not appreciate Horry's foul nor the suspensions. But not once does he call out the Spurs for their physical play. He, in fact, commends them on wearing teams down.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 01:33 PM
LMAO at dumb beanersAlright pussy, stfu or someone will shut you up.

Drive Like Jehu
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
Steve's still a good guy and a clutch basketball player. I'm sure Steve and Spurs fans could agree to disagree on this issue. It's basketball...

Dave McNulla
05-17-2007, 01:36 PM
I wrote this to him at Ask Steve (http://sports.yahoo.com/top/feedback?author=Steve+Kerr)

USA Today Article: "The best rule ever put in is guys can't leave the bench," Kerr says. "Altercations are easier to quell because there are only a handful (of players) to control."

Is it true that you said that this year? If so, shouldn't you at least acknowledge that when you write this regarding suspensions on a team you have a direct financial interest in? Shouldn't you also acknowledge that you have that direct financial interest? I apologize if I have any of my facts wrong, in which case would you please point out my errors.

Yahoo Article: "It potentially rewards the team that commits the dirty foul in the first place because the players who generally leave the bench (and end up suspended) are the ones from the team that has gotten punked."

Dave

clambake
05-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Alright pussy, stfu or someone will shut you up.

I'm against banning, but racist must behave.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Whoever has moderating authority here really needs to swoop in here and get some of the threatening and hateful scum removed from here.

Bandwagon Bill
05-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Yeah Kevin, Kerr is not credible... but a bunch of Spurs HOMERS with no basketball knowledge and a boring team are? You are HIGH! :smokin

It is not just Kerr by the way... seems to me that media from all over the country are calling the Spurs the punk asses that they are and the league and Nazi Stern are really messing up the NBA... ASTERICK *

Because the media has shown a history of trying to drum up as much of a story as possible and not reporting according to what is fair and right... I'd say the media hasn't been credible in decades if it ever was. Make up your own minds.

BTW - if your coach told his players to stay on the damn bench because they weren't going to do anything in a fight anyway there wouldn't have been a problem. Suns = No Discipline.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 01:44 PM
the best and brightest are attracted to trolling.

Bandwagon Bill
05-17-2007, 01:46 PM

Let's make Sean Elliot a minority owner in the Spurs and then put him on TNT doing the national broadcast. You Suns fans would be bitching non stop - I even think D'Antoni would be bitching.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 01:47 PM

I agree man.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 01:49 PM
There was a moment that drove my nuts. When nash was coming with the ball, he had just scored and the next possession the spurs blew it so the crow was histerical and Kerr said: "the crowd feels the upset is near".

What else can I say. Conflict of interest. -1 to TNT.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:52 PM
Racism only exists if someone means it....I don't mean it.....

You can call me a Robert Horry if you will.....you all got really mad, and are now threatning violence because of a little bump, I'm sorry, word...

Back to the bottom line....

Steve Kerr is right.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 01:53 PM
You know, it's not even the conflict of interest that bothers me most. Color commentators should be... colorful.

But for him to actively lobby for the suspension of Tim Duncan....

that's pretty low. And that should be reported on.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
'hey, you're a ________ but i don't mean it.' gtfo you fucking moron.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 01:54 PM
Steve Kerr is right.

You think Tim Duncan should be suspended?

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM
You know, it's not even the conflict of interest that bothers me most. Color commentators should be... colorful.

But for him to actively lobby for the suspension of Tim Duncan....

that's pretty low. And that should be reported on.

Well Reggie Miller did call out Amare on stepping on to the court...and then showed the replay over, and over again....

Saying "thats a suspension...thats a suspension....thats a suspension..."

you can almost say he was actively lobbying as well....I don't remember seeing a Spurs bench camera shot either.

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 01:55 PM

I think Tim Duncan should be suspended for sucking after he disgraced himself and his team in the semifinals last year. Dampier and Diop shut his ass down! We held him to 32 and 13. Sorry Timmy, but that just doesnt cut it. DD owns your ass!

hater
05-17-2007, 01:56 PM
Well Reggie Miller did call out Amare on stepping on to the court...and then showed the replay over, and over again....

you can almost say he was actively lobbying as well....I don't remember seeing a Spurs bench camera shot either.

Miller is not part owner of the Spurs dumbass

hater
05-17-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Tim Duncan should be suspended for sucking after he disgraced himself and his team in the semifinals last year. Dampier and Diop shut his ass down! We held him to 32 and 13. Sorry Timmy, but that just doesnt cut it. DD owns your ass!

http://www.j-tull.co.uk/Discography/JT_living.jpg

MavericksDynasty

He's a "kept man" at the hands of Cheryl

mFFL03

Seeing how he stepped out onto the floor during an entanglement on the floor....yes...one could easily substitute entanglement and altercation....

and what defines an altercation? a punch? because there were no punches....

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 01:59 PM

1. Reggie has no stake in the Spurs or the Suns.

2. Amare and Diaw broke the rules. We can argue if the rules are fair or not, but you can't change the rules in mid-season.

3. None of the Spurs bench left.

MavericksDynasty
http://www.j-tull.co.uk/Discography/JT_living.jpg

I know it must hurt that Duncan pulled a chokejob and let his team down with that pathetic 32 and 13 average last year against us. Oh well, we're in the same boat. Golden State is our kryptonite and a fairly officiated game is yours.

cheguevara
one could easily substitute entanglement and altercation....

^ only a dumbass could

mFFL03
'hey, you're a ________ but i don't mean it.' gtfo you fucking moron.

hmm.....but cuss words and name calling are completely acceptable....

mardigan
Seeing how he stepped out onto the floor during an entanglement on the floor....yes...one could easily substitute entanglement and altercation....

Horry def threw an elbow at Raja, that to me classifies as an altercation

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
^ only a dumbass could

only a Spurs fan couldn't...

mardigan
05-17-2007, 02:00 PM
More so than racists slurs started by the unfunniest comedian ever

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 02:01 PM

:rolleyes

I suppose Horry got suspended for 2 games for shaking hands with Bell...

Look, Bell and Horry don't tangle, and Amare and Diaw don't get suspended.

GSH
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM

Exactly. Would you give Mark Cuban a commentator's job, and trust him not to lobby for the Mavs? I don't see why Stern allows it, to tell you the truth.

Most of the time it doesn't matter, because the games aren't decided by the commentary. But you know damned well that the league considers public sentiment and perception in disciplinary matters. The Suns know it too.

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 02:02 PM

They don't have schools in the San Antonio area. Average Mav fan IQ: 138. Average Spur fan IQ: 74.

Your typical Mav fan graduated from Rice or Trinity with a degree in theoretical physics or engineering. In San Antonio, it is customary for a child to enter the workforce to support their parents after completing 2nd grade.

Different cultures, Different expediencies, Different outcomes.

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM

You have to be insane if you think "entanglement" and "altercation" are even remotely interchangable.

Here's altercation : "a heated or angry dispute; noisy argument or controversy."

Very clear. Jones and Elson did not have anything even remotely involving that definition, while Horry and Bell did.

Can you stop that insanity now?

cheguevara
05-17-2007, 02:03 PM

I doubt it, he's a mav fan

dbestpro
05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
why are spurs fans mad that kerr is speaking the truth? the league fucked over the suns and everyone but spurs fans are able to realize that........... HMMM I WONDER WHY THAT IS?
Good luck in the lottery.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
They don't have schools in the San Antonio area. Average Mav fan IQ: 138. Average Spur fan IQ: 74.

Your typical Mav fan graduated from Rice or Trinity with a degree in theoretical physics or engineering. In San Antonio, it is customary for a child to enter the workforce to support their parents after completing 2nd grade.

I love it. :lol

For those that don't get it, Rice is in Houston, and Trinity is in San Antonio.

dbestpro
05-17-2007, 02:08 PM

Average Mav fan with IQ 138 is hired as an employee to work for 2nd grade educated business owner Spur fan who sips ice tea at the swimming pool while Mavfan works over time to pay for 2 cars, a 120K house stacked 5 foot apart, an over weight wife and 2.3 children.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
You have to be insane if you think "entanglement" and "altercation" are even remotely interchangable.

Here's altercation : "a heated or angry dispute; noisy argument or controversy."

Very clear. Jones and Elson did not have anything even remotely involving that definition, while Horry and Bell did.

See here's where I have to kind of agree with you. The media had been using the word "altercation" to describe the situation. I knew it wasn't right as well...

The point is the situations are similar.....

No punches or elbows were thrown.....or at least I think......Horry actually looks like he is trying to defend himself with his forearm to create space.....

easjer
05-17-2007, 02:09 PM
Speaking as one who knows these things via my line of work, Rice and Trinity are overrated and expensive. You pay for a piece of paper. They are not bad schools, just not exceptoinal ones, as their tuition might lead you to believe.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 02:11 PM
No punches or elbows were thrown.....or at least I think......Horry actually looks like he is trying to defend himself with his forearm to create space.....

Wow.... just wow.

I really don't know what else to say. Can someone post that pick of the altercation again?

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 02:11 PM

It's important to put a world-class educational institution in a place like San Antonio, so the cream of the crop can see how the other 80% of the population lives.

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 02:12 PM
See here's where I have to kind of agree with you. The media had been using the word "altercation" to describe the situation. I knew it wasn't right as well...

The point is the situations are similar.....

The two events weren't even remotely similar. Jones and Elson hardly reacted to it other than Jones pushing him off his shoulders and Elson looking at the ref. There was no real heat or animosity in it.

That is worlds apart from the Horry situation that has a mass of flesh that had to be physically separated while everyone yelled at each other.

The two events aren't even comparable...

mFFL03

Yea, they come to the beautiful girls that are in Dallas.

They aren't going to stay in the trash down there, or the ghetto that is Houston.

And lets add TCU, SMU, UTD, UNT, UT, OU, OSU, USC to that list as well....

MadDog73
It's important to put a world-class educational institution in a place like San Antonio, so the cream of the crop can see how the other 80% of the population lives.

So that's why there are no world-class schools in Dallas!

Seems kind of a shame to have to export everyone to Austin, Houston and San Antonio to get a decent education.

Oh, and College Station, too. :toast

Budkin
05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I still love what Steve did for us in 2003. He really bailed us out a couple of times on the way to the title. I will also never forget him and Steven Jackson in the Alamodome during the Championship Celebration with all his "bling." But he needs to recuse himself from commenting about this situation because of his investment in the Suns. He comes off looking like a tool.

Strike
05-17-2007, 02:14 PM
:dont :troll

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 02:15 PM
So that's why there are no world-class schools in Dallas!

Seems kind of a shame to have to export everyone to Austin, Houston and San Antonio to get a decent education.

Oh, and College Station, too. :toast

It is indeed part of broadening horizons to put good schools in economically disadvantaged areas like San Antonio. Kudos to the good folks at Trinity for not locating their school in a blessed utopia such as Dallas or Fort Worth.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 02:16 PM

hahhahaaha :clap So true!

PM5K
05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
I used to like Steve Kerr, he was a Bull back when Jordan played and I was a Bulls fan (I was really a Jordan fan actually) and a Spur after Jordan retired and I became a Spurs fan, but he's just so obviously become a Suns Homer most likely because of his ties to that organization...

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 02:18 PM
hahhahaaha :clap So true!

If you really want to laugh, you have to realize that San Antonio has a HUGE number of colleges... And one of the highest high shcool drop out rates in the country...

fyatuk
05-17-2007, 02:19 PM
I used to like Steve Kerr, he was a Bull back when Jordan played and I was a Bulls fan (I was really a Jordan fan actually) and a Spur after Jordan retired and I became a Spurs fan, but he's just so obviously become a Suns Homer most likely because of his ties to that organization...

Soooooo.....

You'll eventually become a Suns fan to be like Steve? :lol

PM5K
05-17-2007, 02:28 PM
Soooooo.....

You'll eventually become a Suns fan to be like Steve? :lol

I wouldn't rule it out...

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Look you Dallas pussies--

No one wants to hear from you.

You're last year's bad news with a headline:

FUCKING CHOKERS IN NBA FINALS

You're this year's bad news with a headline:

FUCKING BIGGEST CHOKERS IN THE HISTORY OF ALL SPORTING EVENTS--WHAT A PATHETIC BUNCH OF PUSSIES--FULL STORY OF MASSIVE MELTDOWN INSIDE--EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT--MAVS BIGGEST CHOKERS SINCE BEGINNING OF MANKIND...

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 03:07 PM

fuck yeah.

MavericksDynasty
05-17-2007, 03:08 PM

FUCKING BIGGEST CHOKERS IN THE HISTORY OF ALL SPORTING EVENTS--WHAT A PATHETIC BUNCH OF PUSSIES--FULL STORY OF MASSIVE MELTDOWN INSIDE--EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT--MAVS BIGGEST CHOKERS SINCE BEGINNING OF MANKIND...

You're just pissed off because going back to last year we've won 7 out of 11 and the playoff series. You just can't take it that we pitch and you catch now in our relationship and you can sleep easy at night knowing that Golden State and three refs did what you couldn't, clearing a path to the Finals for you.

mFFL03
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM

I thought that belonged to the Yankees when they played the Red Sox a few years back???....

ThomasGranger
05-17-2007, 04:10 PM
You're just pissed off because going back to last year we've won 7 out of 11 and the playoff series. You just can't take it that we pitch and you catch now in our relationship and you can sleep easy at night knowing that Golden State and three refs did what you couldn't, clearing a path to the Finals for you.

Right now we're happy our team is still in the playoffs.

Nobody gives a shit about the Mavs--they are nothing more than an embarrassment to Texas.

Man of Steel
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM

Dear Mav bastard--

I don't even remember that series anymore.

But, I DO remember the biggest choke job in the history of all sporting events--the biggest choke job of any team in any sport--biggest choke job since caveman days--BY THE DALLAS MAVS!

THAT I REMEMBER!

ponky
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
hey Man of Steel, what's with the whole Uns thing? I get the _allas stupid joke but Uns? What's that supposed to be mean?

mardigan
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
hey Man of Steel, what's with the whole Uns thing? I get the _allas stupid joke but Uns? What's that supposed to be mean?
No s represents no sack

S_A_Longhorn
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Kerr is part-owner of the Suns. Try to figure out who he'd rather see win a championship.

He's lost his fan base here in San Antonio. He is an Arizona homer, first and foremost.

tmtcsc
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Yeah, Steve Kerr's a punk in his new career. I'll love him for the 3's he made against Dallas but he can Kiss my Spurs ass now.

TRAITOR...

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM
Speaking as one who knows these things via my line of work, Rice and Trinity are overrated and expensive. You pay for a piece of paper. They are not bad schools, just not exceptoinal ones, as their tuition might lead you to believe.

Realizing that this has zero to do with the topic and has come up as a tangent created by the clever MavericksDynasty troll, I feel, as a Trinity alum, that I must take exception to this statement.

I attended Columbia (an Ivy League institution) for 2 years before transferring to Trinity for my final 4 semesters of undergraduate education. I can assure you that the academic program at Trinity was just as rigorous as the program at Columbia. It might just be my opinion, but I don't think that I paid for a piece of paper. I got every penny's worth of my tuition and ultimately graduated from an exceptional institution.

[/rant]

exstatic
05-17-2007, 07:44 PM
He needs to never wear a Spurs uni again during ASG weekend. Fuck that Suns-owning tool.

Kori Ellis
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
Realizing that this has zero to do with the topic and has come up as a tangent created by the clever MavericksDynasty troll, I feel, as a Trinity alum, that I must take exception to this statement.

I attended Columbia (an Ivy League institution) for 2 years before transferring to Trinity for my final 4 semesters of undergraduate education. I can assure you that the academic program at Trinity was just as rigorous as the program at Columbia. It might just be my opinion, but I don't think that I paid for a piece of paper. I got every penny's worth of my tuition and ultimately graduated from an exceptional institution.

[/rant]

I agree with you. Both Rice and Trinity are actually exceptional academic institutions and easjer's comments were appalling on the subject. Just because she works in some job related to college admissions doesn't mean that she should degrade the education/degrees of people who attended those universities.

Okay ... back to worrying about what Steve Kerr thinks. :lol

Despot
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
Kerr is a serial flip-flopper. He often takes one stance in a column, then he either completely takes the other side on TV or in another column the next day. Maybe he uses a ghostwriter.

It also seems like most Suns fans consider him a Spurs homer, even though he owns part of their team.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-17-2007, 10:39 PM

What's there to avoid? Oh no, a partial owner of the Suns is crying about *gasp* the Suns losing.

Yep, the Spurs are bad people [/lame Suns, Kings fans]