PDA

View Full Version : WCF - What do you think?

Old Timer
05-17-2007, 02:06 PM
I apologize if this is a bit premature, but having some days off from games gets pretty boring.

Long-time Jazz fan here and since it's looking like the Spurs are going to wrap up the current series (I know, nothing is set in stone, but it's VERY likely) I wanted to see what your thoughts were on the Jazz and the upcoming WCF.

It's going to be a culture shock for the Jazz to play a team that actually plays basketball and not street ball - and a team that has some size.

The way I see it going down is the Spurs will win big (unless they're worn out from a 7 game series) in game 1 and then have a competitive game in game 2. From there it's hard to say. The Utah crowd has been pretty awesome this post-season and the Jazz have defended their homecourt well.

I think it will be a competitive series with the Jazz's only real chance of winning it is by winning all their home games and hoping for a slip up by the Spurs in San Antonio.

The optimist in me sees Jazz in 7, but the likely outcome is Spurs in 6.

mardigan
05-17-2007, 02:12 PM
Jazz give the Spurs fits with their matchup problems, and Okur always seems to kill us. Ive been saying all along that they were one team I didnt want to face, and as much as I would like to think that my SPurs could handle them in 6, I could also see the Jazz upsetting either team they face

monosylab1k
05-17-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm gonna be rooting hard for the Jazz either way. Can you guys trade us Ronnie Brewer and Paul Millsap?

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
There's no reason the Jazz couldn't beat the Spurs if they play well.

Old Timer
05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Yeah, we'll trade you...but you're going to have to give us something good for Millsap. He's a man-child. He's an incredible rebounder. The Jazz got lucky to land him in the 2nd round.

It will be interesting to see...the Jazz have lost something like 16 straight in San Antonio. It's as much a mental block now as it is the Spurs being that much better. They have a big hurdle to overcome to take one in SA.

CubanMustGo
05-17-2007, 02:48 PM
If SA does make it through to face UTA the HCA could end up being the difference. Going to be a tough series for whoever the Jazz play.

bulletedge
05-17-2007, 03:02 PM
WCF= Suns victory over the Jazz

fitzgerald
05-17-2007, 03:20 PM
WCF= Suns victory over the Jazz

Uh, the Suns wont be in WCF. They are not going to beat the Spurs twice. Just not going to happen. Spurs will close them out on Friday.

shelshor
05-17-2007, 04:05 PM
I am looking forward to a series when both teams just go out and play ball, instead of all the whining and oneupmanship in the media

Spurs>mavs
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
If the spurs Beat the suns.

I say they beat utah in 6.

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:16 PM
spurs in 5

dallaskd
05-17-2007, 06:18 PM
jazz in 6.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-17-2007, 06:32 PM
if the Suns win, i think the Jazz will pull a Warriors and get the upset. they went 3-0 against PHX just like GS against Dallas. they create huge problems due to their size and ability to slow the game down.

if San Antonio wins.... :sleep Spurs in 6 :sleep