PDA

View Full Version : Game 6 expectations

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
I was nervous about game 5 because I thought that the home crowd would help their bench players, but D'Antoni didn't have enough confidence to give them a shot. Between the crowd and the motivation + Nash, Marrion + Barbosa, they had enough talent to win given the crowd support and the motivation. Plus, it is difficult to face an undermanned team.

Good on the Spurs for pulling out a win in a tough situation; it sounds funny, but a lot of good teams would still have lost for the reasons I mentioned above (were they in the Spurs situation).

Doesn't D'Antoni know that he could have gotten away with resting his stars a little more because he was at home and bench players play better at home?

Game 6 at home:

I expect a win and a very motivated team. Game 4 we didn't deserve to win because they killed us on the boards. That is an effort thing. Plus, we didn't space the floor well in the fourth. Tim was crowded and Bruce was an offensive liability (unlike game 5 for example - at least late, when it counted).

I will be very surprised if we don't take game 6. We don't want to have to return to game 7 in Phoenix, a game that we probably would not win (but we can't say that publicly) . Will Nash and Marrion's play be affected by playing extended minutes?

any thoughts?

Budkin
05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
We will most likely not win a Game 7 on the road so I think the guys will go into it with a Game 7 type mentality. And after all the hate that the Spurs and their fans have put up with since the end of Game 4, our crowd better be in a damn frenzy. I want to see the Spurs play with passion. Diving for loose balls, driving to the basket, executing, and playing great defense. We've got to go for the kill or we will most likely be killed ourselves. GO SPURS GO!

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 02:47 PM
This game is the most important game of the season, now.

I agree that crowd support is extremely important, in this series, given all the emotion and all the stuff going on.

Whoever is at this game needs to shout nonstop for the whole 48 minutes. We need to be like they were at Oracle against Dallas.

This is a chance for the Spurs fans to step up and leave their imprint on this game.

We must defensive rebound really well; we must get back on defense in transition and we need to take care of the ball.

Allow Nash to score; try to limit his assists.

Flat out hustle for every loose ball.

These are the PlayOffs: The No LayUp Rule is in effect.

If we are going to foul, let's get our money's worth.

First Priority is force them to double Tim Duncan. He has owned Phoenix this series.

Also, we have to play with urgency and passion the whole 48 minutes; 47 minutes is not good enough.

Need I say that if there is an altercation, we stay out of it, especially those Spurs on the Bench.

bigfan
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
Spurs need to come out quick and stay in front, this is the most important game of the season, I agree. Its possible to win later, but unlikely. We need to come out with authority, not timidity, and jam em. I think Amare and Diaw back will actually help us because the Suns will be real cocky. I think we will need a big game from either Finley or Barry to get this done.

degenerate_gambler
05-17-2007, 02:52 PM
I think this next game will be similar to game 4 with the spurs in control, but not by much. but unlike monday nite, SA will not fade down the stretch and will put an end to phx season.

very little separates these teams but the spurs superior execution in the 4th tomorrow nite will be the difference.

spurs 98
phx 93

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 02:55 PM
Spurs need to come out quick and stay in front, this is the most important game of the season, I agree. Its possible to win later, but unlikely. We need to come out with authority, not timidity, and jam em. I think Amare and Diaw back will actually help us because the Suns will be real cocky. I think we will need a big game from either Finley or Barry to get this done.

I agree. I think that Tim sets everybody else up. If the big 3 show up (like Charles says "stars need to be stars") and we get a solid contribution from either Finley (more likely) or Barry (possible, but not as likely), we leave with a w.

This needs to be the last game the Phoenix Suns play this year.
They need to join Dallas fishing , badly.

bdictjames
05-17-2007, 02:56 PM
Foul trouble will be an issue. Amare will be aggressive.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 02:57 PM
I think this next game will be similar to game 4 with the spurs in control, but not by much. but unlike monday nite, SA will not fade down the stretch and will put an end to phx season.

very little separates these teams but the spurs superior execution in the 4th tomorrow nite will be the difference.

spurs 98
phx 93

If we are going to execute in the fourth, we need to space the floor better than we did in the fourth in game four. Also, Bruce needs to be in the corner not Michael (since Michael can score from other places). If Tim is doubled (and he will be in the fourth), everyone on the floor must be an active part of the offense, ready to shoot or drive or pass when they get the ball (No hesitation, ball stopping- defense recovering mistakes).

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 02:58 PM
Foul trouble will be an issue. Amare will be aggressive.

Pump fake Amare. He already has admitted that he can't guard Tim Duncan.

easjer
05-17-2007, 03:03 PM
The bottom line is simply that when PHX has had their backs against the wall, they've fought a whole lot harder than the Spurs have. Game 2 and Game 4 are perfect examples. Game 6 is shaping up that way. Spurs need to be aggressive from the outset and push, push, push. They can't ever let up and they can't let calls/no calls get to them. They simply have to play through whatever is thrown at them and get the job done.

We'll see if they can do it or not.

41times
05-17-2007, 04:07 PM
without hip check Bob and Suns at full strength and the league wanting a 7th game..........Expect a 7th game!

Texas_Ranger
05-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Suns will suck and the Spurs will win.

The_Worlds_finest
05-17-2007, 04:14 PM
All your game 7 prayers werent answered for your team what makes you think they will be answered for nash?

Mavsman
05-17-2007, 04:14 PM
Tim Duncan is the Man ! As he rolls, the SPURS roll.......

texbound
05-17-2007, 04:15 PM
The bottom line is simply that when PHX has had their backs against the wall, they've fought a whole lot harder than the Spurs have. Game 2 and Game 4 are perfect examples. Game 6 is shaping up that way. Spurs need to be aggressive from the outset and push, push, push. They can't ever let up and they can't let calls/no calls get to them. They simply have to play through whatever is thrown at them and get the job done.

We'll see if they can do it or not.

There is one very thing important thing going for the Spurs: They know how to close out a series This is where experience really pays off. In fact, the only series I can remember that the Spurs didn't close out being up 3-2 was the 05 finals against Detroit (of course they did close it out in game 7).

The Spurs MUST have patience in this game. I hope Phoenix jumps out to an early lead only to have the Spurs close the gap before the half. Then after the break keep a slight lead (within 2-6 points) so they don't become complacent and then turn on the defense in the 4th. In the 4th, the Suns will become tight and anxious and start to gamble. When this happens it's game and series for the Spurs.

Brutalis
05-17-2007, 04:15 PM
I expect a Spurs win.

More than anything I would no doubt feel like Duncan and company want to drub the Suns and bait the hook so they can go fishing. Nothing will mean more than getting sent home no matter what bullshit has occurred. And if you're the team getting sent home then there's nothing else to say that will drown out the noise of the door closing behind you.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 04:16 PM
I think both teams will play a good game. The game will be close so we see what happens. I hope for a Game 7 though.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 04:19 PM
Suns will get bailed out by the refs... Duncan will be in foul trouble all night... Amare will have at least 30 pts. TNT - WE KNOW DRAMA! Then EVERYONE will watch game 7.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 04:21 PM
Suns will get bailed out by the refs... Duncan will be in foul trouble all night... Amare will have at least 30 pts. TNT - WE KNOW DRAMA! Then EVERYONE will watch game 7.

The game is on ESPN. That is likely what is going to happen. I get the feeling the momentum changing calls will go in the Sun's favor.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 04:22 PM
I think the Spurs were intimidated by everything that had gone on the last day or so last night combined with the crowd being so hostile. They never looked like they were compfortable until maybe 3 min to play in that game. Still don't have Horry and Suns get back Amare and Diaw but Suns did burn a lot of minutes last night especially Nash. I think the Spurs will be very focused up 3-2 one win away from the west finals. They know what it takes and want to get there again i think the Spurs will play very well and win a tough hard fought game.

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
It depends on whether or not Nash will be gassed.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 04:23 PM
it's an elimination game. be done with this series if you win. that should be enough motivation.

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2007, 04:24 PM
The best reason to get it over tomorrow is that after the Spurs/Jazz tipoff Sunday the Media will fucking quit talking about fucking Stoudemire and Diaw and the fucking rule.

They will be old news.

texbound
05-17-2007, 04:26 PM
The best reason to get it over tomorrow is that after the Spurs/Jazz tipoff Sunday the Media will fucking quit talking about fucking Stoudemire and Diaw and the fucking rule.

They will be old news.

Well said. Thank god the media has the attention span of a gnat.

MadDog73
05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm tired of predicting how the Spurs will react. I've been wrong every one of these games...

We can't count on the Suns being "tired" (they won't be), or playing too "hard" (Amare might have issues).

If the Spurs had shown any kind of consistency at all in this series, I would feel much more comfortable. Hopefully, Manu will show up again...

Stargazer
05-17-2007, 04:27 PM
I think the Suns may have been forced into an adjustment in Game 5 (i.e., small ball, using Marion as the main scoring option) that just might give them the edge they need to win. Yes, the Spurs adjusted by the end of Game 5, but that's because the Suns had no other options to fall back on. With Amare and Diaw back for Game 6, it could be the one new weapon that tips the balance.

One other point: Phoenix really wants the championship. The Spurs do, too, I realize, but in Phoenix, there's a feeling that this is it, this is our last best shot, everything that has been building over the last few years points to this year. If it doesn't happen, there's been talk of breaking up the team. The players know that it isn't just a season on the line, it may be the final game of an era. With the Spurs, it's a chance at a championship, yes, but there's no reason to think it's the last chance. That could play against the Suns if it translates into nervous desperation (which it may for some players, especially young guys like Barbosa), but I suspect it may give them just a little more of an edge.

Sean Elliot's Kidney
05-17-2007, 04:31 PM
If there was ever a home game to have the blackout, this would be the one...

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I think the Suns may have been forced into an adjustment in Game 5 (i.e., small ball, using Marion as the main scoring option) that just might give them the edge they need to win. Yes, the Spurs adjusted by the end of Game 5, but that's because the Suns had no other options to fall back on. With Amare and Diaw back for Game 6, it could be the one new weapon that tips the balance.

One other point: Phoenix really wants the championship. The Spurs do, too, I realize, but in Phoenix, there's a feeling that this is it, this is our last best shot, everything that has been building over the last few years points to this year. If it doesn't happen, there's been talk of breaking up the team. The players know that it isn't just a season on the line, it may be the final game of an era. With the Spurs, it's a chance at a championship, yes, but there's no reason to think it's the last chance. That could play against the Suns if it translates into nervous desperation (which it may for some players, especially young guys like Barbosa), but I suspect it may give them just a little more of an edge.

You guys have younger pieces than we do and nobody is breaking up the Suns especially since they will feel like they would have won if not for the suspensions. Duncan has a few years of great play left but some major pieces around him are not getting any younger.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2007, 04:36 PM
I think the Spurs will be more focused and play their best game in game 6.

The Spurs came out flat in game 5, I think, because Amare was not there. I think they'll be out to finish this thing in game 6.

Great effort doesn't always translate into a win, but so far in the 3 1/2 games in which the Spurs have put forth great effort they have walked away with 3 wins.

So I give them an 86% chance of winning tomorrow.

ImpartialObserver
05-17-2007, 04:38 PM
Look for an officiating fiasco to favor Phoenix along the lines of the 2002 Game 6 Kings-Lakers series. If anyone thinks the league won't pull out all of the stops to send what is their last and most interesting series back to Phoenix for a Game 7 with every team at full strength, then they haven't been watching the NBA that long.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Look for an officiating fiasco to favor Phoenix along the lines of the 2002 Game 6 Kings-Lakers series. If anyone thinks the league won't pull out all of the stops to send what is their last and most interesting series back to Phoenix for a Game 7 with every team at full strength, then they haven't been watching the NBA that long.So your impartial observation is the league is fixed.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 04:39 PM
For the first time this series, I am going to predict a Spurs win by 10 or more points.

I think that the energy expended by Nash, Marrion, Thomas and Bell will be a factor.

Suns will start out scrambling, but game 5 will catch up with them as will Tim Duncan and the Spurs defense.

I expect a big game out of Manu and Tony. Tim will probably be doubled a lot, so he will only have another ho hum 20 point 10 rebound game.

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-17-2007, 04:40 PM
Look for an officiating fiasco to favor Phoenix along the lines of the 2002 Game 6 Kings-Lakers series. If anyone thinks the league won't pull out all of the stops to send what is their last and most interesting series back to Phoenix for a Game 7 with every team at full strength, then they haven't been watching the NBA that long.

I agree. The WWFBA...umm, I mean the NBA is already advertising the Sunday game 7 matchup. I'm sure every effort will be made to have the nice guy Suns rise triumphantly over the evil Spurs on Sunday.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 04:42 PM

I know I can see that coming a mile away. Watch this is what will happen the Spurs will get the calls in the first half. Phoenix will be down at the half but not so much that they can't get back in the game and the Suns will get the critical calls in the 4th quarter. Thereby sending everyone back to Phoenix on Sunday.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 04:45 PM
I know I can see that coming a mile away. Watch this is what will happen the Spurs will get the calls in the first half. Phoenix will be down at the half but not so much that they can't get back in the game and the Suns will get the critical calls in the 4th quarter. Thereby sending everyone back to Phoenix on Sunday.

Right the league is fixed and everyone involved is MUM about it nobody says a word ever it is just a big secret. These people that think the Refs are told who to be in favor of and the NBA keeps it under wraps need to go in for a CATSCAN.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Yeah, the league made sure Mavs/Warriors went to seven too.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
Right the league is fixed and everyone involved is MUM about it nobody says a word ever it is just a big secret. These people that think the Refs are told who to be in favor of and the NBA keeps it under wraps need to go in for a CATSCAN.

I don't think the League is fixed but I do think the League will try and extend the series if possible.

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 04:49 PM
I don't think the League is fixed but I do think the League will try and extend the series if possible.

So you are saying the league is fixed since the REFS would have to be told to favor the SUNS. This is all one big fantasy for fans that think their teams are getting JOBBED. The NBA could never in this day and age with the MEDIA get away with something like that and keep everyone who knows about it quiet.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 04:51 PM

consciously?

If so, the league is fixed.

Hard to see how they could try to do something and be unaware of it?

The league mainly means the refs unless league officials (like Stu Jackson) make some sort of player suspension prior to game 6. So, this is saying that the refs working that game will intentionally try to change who wins game 6.

Interesting.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 04:53 PM
So you are saying the league is fixed since the REFS would have to be told to favor the SUNS. This is all one big fantasy for fans that think their teams are getting JOBBED. The NBA could never in this day and age with the MEDIA get away with something like that and keep everyone who knows about it quiet.

You obviously don't remember Wade in the Finals last year getting the phantom fouls. Yes the Mavs choked but the Wade calls were ridiculous.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
You obviously don't remember Wade in the Finals last year getting the phantom fouls. Yes the Mavs choked but the Wade calls were ridiculous.

Can't agree with that one.

Hard to see how anyone would argue that the Mavs got jobbed on phantom fouls, considering how often Dirk gets calls on non fouls.

In any event, I'm not very big on conspiracy theories (too hard to keep conspiracies a secret).

dbreiden83080
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM

They made some bad calls but not because anyone told them to do it. It happens usually they even out sometimes they don't but it is never because they are on purpose favoring a team. Crawford had a personal grudge with Duncan what did Stern do to him? He sent him packing for the Summer and maybe for good. That should tell you all you need to know about the NBA's stance on favortism.

ImpartialObserver
So your impartial observation is the league is fixed.
You think it is completely on the up and up? This is sports entertainment, not sports.

dbreiden83080
You think it is completely on the up and up? This is sports entertainment, not sports.

The NBA is not the WWE and yes it is on the UP and UP!!

leemajors
05-17-2007, 04:59 PM

the NBA is growing interest and income around the globe. other leagues haven't had that much success in their worldwide endeavors.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Oberto or Bonner get Horry's minutes?

Truth is that it will hurt not having Horry here during such a big game.
His team defense, smarts and clutch shots would have been nice.

Suns won't win game 6, but if they did, it would be with an asterisk.

Spurs are short handed.

But we won't complain, we'll just find a way to get the job done. :lol

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:00 PM
You think it is completely on the up and up? This is sports entertainment, not sports.You think it's fixed? Tell us how it's done and why and since when.

boutons_
05-17-2007, 05:05 PM
We were expecting a closely called game5, 80 FTA, but they let them play mostly.

I figure they will let them play in Game6.

Spurs can't expect to shoot 40% and win, nor count on Suns shooting 40% again.

Both teams will be extremely motivated in the series' first elimination game.

ImpartialObserver
05-17-2007, 05:06 PM
The NBA front office doesn't have to say a damn thing to the refs. You think the refs, some of whom have been in the league 20+ years, don't instinctively know that the league wants this series to go back to Phoenix? Not sure who is officiating Game 6, but if you see Dick Bavetta there, you might as well start ordering your Game 7 tickets.

Budkin
Sorry Suns, the Spurs are ending this shit on Friday. What they went through in Phoenix in Game 5 will be motivation enough not to go back.

TampaDude
Well said. Thank god the public has the attention span of a gnat.

There...fixed it for ya... :smokin

shelshor
Spurs win Friday after Manu sidesteps a Bell headbutt and Raja spears a ref
Pistons wrap it up tonight and the Cavs wrap theirs' up tomorrow
Then the NBA/ABC/TNT/ESPN marketing departments go into major coniptions because there is a final 4 of:
Detroit
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio
Guess who the "Golden Boy" of the next round is gonna be

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:09 PM
Sorry Suns, the Spurs are ending this shit on Friday. What they went through in Phoenix in Game 5 will be motivation enough not to go back.

Refs won't matter. Refs don't want to be the center of the game in the playoffs.

Spurs will take care of business, what they can control, and that will be enough.

I just can't see the Suns winning this game. It just isn't going to happen.

We're going to see some old time, vintage Spurs defense. (like those quotes, "playing against the Spurs, there's going to be a period of five to ten minutes where you just are not going to score.")

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:09 PM
The NBA front office doesn't have to say a damn thing to the refs. You think the refs, some of whom have been in the league 20+ years, don't instinctively know that the league wants this series to go back to Phoenix? Not sure who is officiating Game 6, but if you see Dick Bavetta there, you might as well start ordering your Game 7 tickets.:lmao An unspoken 20+ year conspiracy!

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:11 PM
:lmao An unspoken 20+ year conspiracy!

He doesn't understand human nature very well, I think.

:lol

ChumpDumper
But he's impartial!

Amare_32
The NBA front office doesn't have to say a damn thing to the refs. You think the refs, some of whom have been in the league 20+ years, don't instinctively know that the league wants this series to go back to Phoenix? Not sure who is officiating Game 6, but if you see Dick Bavetta there, you might as well start ordering your Game 7 tickets.

Exactly! Not saying the Spurs won't win the series because of it but the officiating crew for Game 6 might give an indication on how the game will go.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Exactly! Not saying the Spurs won't win the series because of it but the officiating crew for Game 6 might give an indication on how the game will go.Yeah, the 7-game Mav/Warrior series proved what fixed sports entertainment is all about!

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:16 PM
But he's impartial!

I can see that.

He's given many incontrovertible facts to defend his theory.

So, obviously, you're right: he is impartial and I just missed it.

Oh, snap.

(Makes me think of an old time movie [1994]where one of the characters asked the other, "When do you become so paranoid?" and the other character answered, "When everybody started trying to kill me!") :lol

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah, the 7-game Mav/Warrior series proved what fixed sports entertainment is all about!

Whatever if Bavetta shows up tomorrow expect Game 7.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:18 PM
Whatever if Bavetta shows up tomorrow expect Game 7.

Do, we have a vbookie bet/poll going on?

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
Do, we have a vbookie bet/poll going on?

No they should do one.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:19 PM
WhateverNot whatever.

Explain yourself.

Describe the fix in detail.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Not whatever.

Explain yourself.

Describe the fix in detail.

with supporting evidence to back up your theory.

Hey, if you're right, we all need to know.

Share the wealth.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Spurs win Friday after Manu sidesteps a Bell headbutt and Raja spears a ref
Pistons wrap it up tonight and the Cavs wrap theirs' up tomorrow
Then the NBA/ABC/TNT/ESPN marketing departments go into major coniptions because there is a final 4 of:
Detroit
Cleveland
Utah
San Antonio
Guess who the "Golden Boy" of the next round is gonna be

I expect LeBron to get lots and lots of calls against Detroit in the East Finals and in the Finals.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:30 PM
I expect LeBron to get lots and lots of calls against Detroit in the East Finals and in the Finals.

Imo, Cavs have no chance at beating the Pistons.

Please, let's forget about the refs.

ImpartialObserver
05-17-2007, 05:31 PM
You think it's fixed? Tell us how it's done and why and since when.
I wouldn't call the league fixed per se, but it is "guided" in the direction of having the teams with the largest tv markets do well and in extending series to the maximum number of games with the ultimate goal being to make every NBA owner richer. That is the why.

How is it done? At all levels imo from lottery manipulation (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0TgJE7C5wiU) to revive sleeping giant franchises to officiating so one sided (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060620) it can only be construed as the league favoring one team over another. Imo, this has been going on ever since Stern became commissioner.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 05:32 PM

They nearly did last year and the more the Pistons let the Bulls hang around will be to thier detriment.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:34 PM
Spurs website says the same thing that I posted at the beginning of this thread:

The Spurs victory in Game 5 should not be downplayed because Amare Stoudemire was serving a one game suspension. There are very few teams in the NBA that would have been able to beat the Suns in such an environment.

:toast

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
I wouldn't call the league fixed per se, but it is "guided" in the direction of having the teams with the largest tv markets do wellYeah, the championship steak the Knicks have going this century while the Spurs have been shut out the past seven years is clear evidence of this.
and in extending series to the maximum number of games with the ultimate goal being to make every NBA owner richer. That is the why.Mavs/Warriors went to 7!
How is it done?Through posting other people's articles and videos.

Put it in your own words.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:35 PM
They nearly did last year and the more the Pistons let the Bulls hang around will be to thier detriment.

This part of your post is true.

But, for the first three games of this series, Pistons played awesome defense and dominated Chicago. Cavs offense was pathetic yesterday.

A one man team can't beat the Detroit Pistons.

That series will probably go only 4 or 5 games.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM
I expect the Spurs to take care of business in Game 6 and send this sad sack lot of floppers and whiners back to Phoenix to begin doing what millionaire ballplayers do in the offseason.

Amare_32
05-17-2007, 05:36 PM

Simple math for you,

LeBron taking over the series and leading his team past Detroit into the Finals with his "heroics" = $$$$$$$$

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:39 PM
Hey, why did Tim Duncan end up in San Antonio?

BIG MARKET DRAFT MANIPULATION!

Strike
05-17-2007, 05:40 PM
Because San Antonio is such a bigger market than Boston.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:46 PM
Simple math for you,

LeBron taking over the series and leading his team past Detroit into the Finals with his "heroics" = $$$$$$$$

my master's is in math.

Probability of a conspiracy falling apart decreases with the number of participants in the conspiracy (compound probability)

Consider it in the following manner (as discrete probability where 1 = conspiracy and 0 = no conspiracy) . and Suppose that for each number, x, of participants in the conspiracy, the probability of the conspiracy being successful is alpha raised to the power x where alpha represents the probability of a conspiracy with only a single participant (without falling apart, ie successfully keeping the conspiracy).

Now, 0 < alpha < 1. So, the limit as x approaches infinity of alpha raised to the x power is 0.

But this conspiracy requires a lot of particpants.
Therefore, this conspiracy has a relatively low probability.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Just wait til the Knicks/Lakers finals this June! Then you'll know the fix is in!

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Just wait til the Knicks/Lakers finals this June! Then you'll know the fix is in!

Then I might believe it!

:lol