PDA

View Full Version : D'Antoni: "The rule is the rule, and I can abide by that."

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Just said it right now on PTI. Yep, it's unfair, but even D'Antoni understands it's a rule.

mardigan
05-17-2007, 04:44 PM
Heard it too, maybe Suns fans can stfu now

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 04:45 PM
still talking about this shit. oh well.

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 04:46 PM
Just said everyone knows the rule.

However, he is now saying that some of the players were running on court to see the incident.

Obstructed_View
If it were so unfair they wouldn't have been lobbying to get Duncan and Bowen suspended, too.

Budkin
Sounds like he finally got laid last night.

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 04:47 PM
Ends by saying San Antonio is too good to guarantee a win against.

Ya Vez
05-17-2007, 04:48 PM
ahh he guarantees a win in SA tomorrow... poor lost soul..

Obstructed_View
Just said it right now on PTI. Yep, it's unfair, but even D'Antoni understands it's a rule.
He doesn't give a shit about the rules. He wants to win, and if he can't win, he wants to make sure the fanbase blames David Stern and the Spurs before they blame him for the fact that the team that he built to be an improvement of the '05 team turned out to be the '05 team that flops.

CosmicCowboy
Just said everyone knows the rule.

However, he is now saying that some of the players were running on court to see the incident.

Tell them to use the jumbotrons like the poor folk asswipe.

DampierAmGod
05-17-2007, 04:49 PM
Any coach in the NBA would say that. The suspension is over, you want your players to move on and focus on game 6. Still griping about it a 2-3 days later would just make your players keep thinking about it.

Doesn't change the fact that it was pure BS, and if it happened to say Duncan and Horry for the Spurs, all the Spurs fans here talking about "oh well its the rule" would be bitching just like Suns fans.

samikeyp
05-17-2007, 04:49 PM

Well...Amare did have the night off. :)

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 04:52 PM

:lol

I'm glad D'Antoni admitted this.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 05:14 PM
Did anyone ask him what the hell he was doing running out onto the floor waving his arms at the end of the game? Does anyone know? And why didn't he get a T for that? I swear I've never seen a coach do that before.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 05:21 PM
Did anyone ask him what the hell he was doing running out onto the floor waving his arms at the end of the game? Does anyone know? And why didn't he get a T for that? I swear I've never seen a coach do that before.

i would like to know this as well, pop was absolutely livid

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
i would like to know this as well, pop was absolutely livid

me too

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 05:38 PM
If it were so unfair they wouldn't have been lobbying to get Duncan and Bowen suspended, too.

Excellent point, but realistically at that time, the Suns had a pretty good idea of the severity of their situation and were in damage control mode. At that point I'm not sure that fairness of the rule itself was a priority.

ducks
05-17-2007, 05:48 PM
his wife got tired of it and decided she better let him have some to get peace in the house

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Excellent point, but realistically at that time the Suns had a pretty good idea of the severity of their situation and were in damage control mode. At that point I'm not sure that fairness of the rule itself was a priority.
Right, they wanted the league to cheat so that they could have a better chance to win. About half the guys on ESPN and every fan who hates the Spurs wants that too. When winning takes precedence over fairness that's shameful. Well the Spurs didn't do anything unfair. Horry committed a foul and got penalized for it. My team still went out and played, and if they lose the next two, oh fucking well.

I'll tell you this: If the situations were reversed and the Spurs organization was politicking like this, I'd be disgusted. You don't change the rules to give the team you like an advantage. You don't blame someone else when you break the rules.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 05:50 PM

:lmao

LoVeNSpuRs
05-17-2007, 06:01 PM
Any coach in the NBA would say that. The suspension is over, you want your players to move on and focus on game 6. Still griping about it a 2-3 days later would just make your players keep thinking about it.

Doesn't change the fact that it was pure BS, and if it happened to say Duncan and Horry for the Spurs, all the Spurs fans here talking about "oh well its the rule" would be bitching just like Suns fans.

.. as much as I hate it, I have to agree that I (going to speak for myself here) would definitely be upset about the suspension (had it been Duncan and Horry). But I also would have definitely been pissed off and disappointed with Duncan and Horry for making such a stupid mistake in the first place, causing them to get suspended at such a vital point in this series. But that's just me...

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 06:03 PM
Right, they wanted the league to cheat so that they could have a better chance to win. About half the guys on ESPN and every fan who hates the Spurs wants that too. When winning takes precedence over fairness that's shameful. Well the Spurs didn't do anything unfair. Horry committed a foul and got penalized for it. My team still went out and played, and if they lose the next two, oh fucking well.

I'll tell you this: If the situations were reversed and the Spurs organization was politicking like this, I'd be disgusted. You don't change the rules to give the team you like an advantage. You don't blame someone else when you break the rules.

That pretty much says it all. I can't disagree. But spin and damage control are as much a part of the game as the Free Throw.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
D'Antoni understands that if he doesn't shut his yap really quick, David Stern is going to help himself to a few of D'Antoni's paychecks.

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
That pretty much says it all. I can't disagree. But spin and damage control are as much a part of the game as the Free Throw.
For loser teams, maybe.

UV Ray
05-17-2007, 11:19 PM
For loser teams,

Not true... and even if were true, the outcome is yet to be determined.

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 11:23 PM

that was a dirty play, but in the fucked up twisted world of the suns of bitches, he was simply fanning the fart that just flew out of his butthole or he was practicing his swimming moves.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 11:27 PM

That was a cheap attempt to offset the premade play for the spurs right after timeout - that's why POP was so upset. He had parker coming from the other end and catching the inbound pass but after that, he had to improvise.