PDA

View Full Version : Hat tip to the Suns

Ocotillo
05-17-2007, 04:51 PM
Phoenix fans and forum trolls notwithstanding you have to hand it to the Suns. The other teams fans are annoying as hell but don't let that color your opinion of the team. This is still anyone's series although I personally believe the Spurs close it out Friday.

Going into the series I thought Nash was overrated. I knew he was good but I questioned whether he was two time MVP good. He is good and he is the type of guy you want on your team. He doesn't whine much, he is respectful of his opponent and he is a helluva a point guard. Before you go off on his flopping, who cares. It's part of the game. You gamble that you will get a call when you flop and if you are wrong, you are out of position if the clock keeps running. Steve Nash is nails.

Mary Stoudamire (I have to do a little fan trash talking myself) is a stud. He is immature as evidenced by his comments about the Spurs being dirty and his leaving the bench in game 4 resulting in his suspension. Barring future injury, he will get better.

Face it, any one of you would take Raja Bell if he were to sign with the Spurs. Why did we let him get away? Was it to keep Chris Carrawell? Even our front office blows it sometimes. There is Bowen's replacement (backup) if we had hung onto him.

Diaw would be a good Spur as well. Thomas is an effective player as well.

The weak link I think is the coach. If they get a better coach before Nash gets too old, look out. Hell, it may be look out this year if they win Friday night.

I have been a Spurs fan since the days of Mike Mitchell and the Ice Man but I admit it, I respect the Phoenix Suns team. A lot of their fans blow though.

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 04:55 PM
I agree. They are a very good team; unfortunately, they ruin their own talent by immaturity, poor coaching decisions, and constant bitching. They really are talented; I think they do need a better coach and to grow up a bit. This series will help a lot in that area. Hell, they still can win this series despite all of that crap. So they shouldn't be TOO discouraged if they lose, next year they will be so so tough to beat. They are tough to beat right now.

mardigan
05-17-2007, 04:56 PM
They are a great team and very enjoyable to watch. It really is too bad that their fans, coaches and Amare make them look like such whiney bitches

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 04:57 PM
Nash has always been tough, and he's always been clutch. He brought a ton of both in Dallas and went largely unrecognized for it. Many times, point guards reach a point in their careers where they have "figured it out" - their knowledge of the game is at its peak and their physical abilities haven't begun to diminish. Nash is still in the middle of that part of his career, largely due to the fact that he's more athletically gifted than most people realize. The big criticism on Nash is that he didn't play any defense, and his flops this year are, while annoying to his opponents, a sign of a concerted effort on his part not to be a liability, and it's helped his team far more than it's hurt it. Nash also has managed not to throw his two stupid teammates under the bus, despite the fact that he knows they are responsible for what they did and may have screwed him out of a chance at a championship. That's the sign of a good teammate, too.

I'm the guy who has been saying all along that Nash didn't deserve either of his MVP trophies, but it doesn't mean he isn't a top ten player in this league, or that I'd take him on my team any day of the fuckin' week.

The Suns still suck, of course.

TampaDude
05-17-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah, Nash is awesome.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 04:59 PM
Yeah, Nash is awesome.
you changed that just in time. :lol

TampaDude
05-17-2007, 05:01 PM
you changed that just in time. :lol

Changed what?

Scumbag
05-17-2007, 05:03 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/TwistedPretzel/kurtzap3.jpg

TampaDude
05-17-2007, 05:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v668/vayie/capt.jpg

I like this one better... :smokin

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Changed what?
You originally wrote that Nash should have been MVP and then changed it.

I hate laptop batteries.

timvp
05-17-2007, 05:29 PM
:td

F the Suns. I don't get this love affair with Nash and the Suns while they are trying to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs. This is unprecedented in all my years as a Spurs fan.

1SUNSFAN
05-17-2007, 05:33 PM
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y242/TwistedPretzel/kurtzap3.jpg

That's AWESOME! No wonder the Suns keep getting in foul trouble... they aren't allowed to use their lighting bolt spell powers. Why can't they just hip check guys into the tables like the rest of the clean players in the league?

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 05:45 PM

F the Suns. I don't get this love affair with Nash and the Suns while they are trying to knock the Spurs out of the playoffs. This is unprecedented in all my years as a Spurs fan.

Nothing wrong with props. I hate the Suns with a passion, they are fucking bitch team full of whiners and immature punks. But they are talented, that's why the series is going to go to at least 6 games. I say F the Suns too, but they are still good no matter how much you hate them.

bigfan
05-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Im not going to start singing their praises til after they have been dispatched. They could very possibly win this series and then Id feel like an idiot talking them up. We win game 6, Ill say nice things about them.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 05:46 PM

What part?

CosmicCowboy
05-17-2007, 05:57 PM
I honestly don't believe my posts affect the series.

Would you rather be playing the Blazers just so we could be sure to win?

I really like the Suns too. Nash is an incredible leader and just makes that team better in so many ways. They are a worthy competitor and we have seen a great series so far. Friday night should be an awesome game win or lose. Naturally I hope we win because the thought of going back to Phoenix for game 7 is a little scary, but like everything else in life the risk/reward makes winning just that much sweeter.

And if we lose? Hell...at least we weren't DALLAS and lost to an 8 seed in the first round :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 06:01 PM
I just wish the organization and their fans weren't such gaping vaginas.