PDA

View Full Version : Jazz probably would prefer to play Spurs

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 06:33 PM
I think that the Jazz would probably prefer to play us than the Suns because they don't match up well with the Suns.

The Suns would beat the Jazz easily.

For us, if we beat Phoenix, it will probably be a grueling, physical series that goes 6 or 7.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-17-2007, 06:36 PM
actually the Suns are bad match up for the Jazz.

Jazz went 3-0 against the Buns

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 06:38 PM

that's counterintuitive.

The Jazz are too slow, it seems like, to be able to keep up with the Suns.

I can't believe that they didn't get in massive foul trouble. Besides, Stoudamire should be able to slow down Boozer.

Doesn't make sense.

dallaskd
05-17-2007, 06:40 PM

3-1

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
Maybe it's all that physical play that slowed the pace of the game and took a toll on the Suns.

:wtf

mavsfan1000
05-17-2007, 06:49 PM
If the Jazz can keep up with the Warriors, they surely can the suns. The Warriors actually play a faster tempo and go smaller.

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 06:50 PM
If the Jazz can keep up with the Warriors, they surely can the suns. The Warriors actually play a faster tempo and go smaller.

But the Suns combine speed with talent.

Nothing against the Warriors, but there is a big talent differential between the Warriors and the Suns, even with a healthy Baron Davis.

PM5K
05-17-2007, 06:54 PM
The Jazz can't beat us at our own game, maybe they could beat the Suns...

sprrs
05-17-2007, 07:09 PM
If the Suns consider the Spurs a physical team, the Jazz would rip them to pieces.

itzsoweezee
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
that's counterintuitive.

The Jazz are too slow, it seems like, to be able to keep up with the Suns.

I can't believe that they didn't get in massive foul trouble. Besides, Stoudamire should be able to slow down Boozer.

Doesn't make sense.

you're extremely underrating boozer. boozer is a freaking monster. he might not be as explosive as amare around the rim, but he's far more talented.

the jazz are bigger than the suns at pretty much every position. if one of these teams is likely to get into foul trouble, it's the suns.

mavsfan1000
05-17-2007, 07:24 PM
But the Suns combine speed with talent.

Nothing against the Warriors, but there is a big talent differential between the Warriors and the Suns, even with a healthy Baron Davis.
I think the jazz have proven that they like the fast tempo games and they are very quick. Especially Kirilenko who broke out against the Warriors. The Jazz will pound the suns inside while being quick enough to get back on defense. The spurs will be a much tougher matchup for the jazz.

mardigan
05-17-2007, 07:29 PM
Nash would get worked on d by Derron and Fisher, and Fisher could probably guard him pretty well. AK-47 and Matrix cancel each other out. Same with Booz and Amare. That leaves who guarding Okur on the Suns? Utah is much deeper, and while I dont know if they could win the series, they would def make it a 6 or 7 game affair

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 07:38 PM
The Jazz would relish playing the Suns because they know what Phoenix thinks is dirty and physical basketball and they know they are waaaaaay more dirty and physical.

dallasmavsnfuego214
05-17-2007, 09:35 PM

you wanna rethink that?

lets compare. and this is how they are playing right now

Baron<Nash by a little when healthy
J-Rich>>>>Raja
Jackson>Diaw
Harrington>Marion as of now
Biedrins<Amare

Ellis<Barbosa, but very close
Barnes=Thomas
Pietrus>Jones

Mr. Body
05-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Warriors were also a ridiculously stupid team, which Suns are not.

lrrr
05-18-2007, 12:05 AM
Just because the Warriors beat the Mav's, doesn't mean they are a great team. Afterall, the Mav's did pull THE GREATEST CHOKE JOB in NBA history.

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Who do you think Jerry Sloan would want to see on the opposing bench, Mike D'Antoni or Gregg Popovich?

Wise up.

jacobdrj
05-18-2007, 01:00 AM
The Jazz are a team, right now, who are winning despite their coach. That is the mark of a championship contender.

Shaolin-Style
05-18-2007, 01:06 AM
Jazz would have a better chance against the suns. Duncan presents too many problems for their front line on offense and defense.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 02:46 AM
I cringe at the thought of Elson guarding Boozer. Oberto and Horry will be needed to come up big time. Luckily, both have shown the playoff grit so far.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2007, 03:27 AM
The Jazz are a team, right now, who are winning despite their coach. That is the mark of a championship contender.

That was such a backwards jock for your own team.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Your sig nearly had me in tears. :lmao

As far as the Jazz go, why would they want to play the Spurs? The Spurs are a much more well-rounded team on both ends of the floor. The Jazz just decimated one run and gun team, and another, more exhausted up-tempo team would be another short series for them.

The Spurs play the game the Jazz like, but have a LOT more experience.

Parker would (will) be a terror, no one on the Jazz has enough footspeed to remotely stay in front of him. They don't have a single player who won't be a mismatch if Parker's got the ball. AK-47 probably cannot guard Manu, as Manu is a little too quick and changes directions too readily. Boozer is a beast, but Tim Duncan will likely get his 22+ a night.

The Jazz present their own mismatches on offense, but none seem to be overpowering. They have no standout that can destroy the Spurs except for Boozer, and the Spurs have most adept post-defense in the league.

The only real worry about that series is rebounding. Utah is dominant in it and the Spurs struggle at times. If the Spurs forwards can come up with boards, it could be a very long (or short) series for the Jazz.

jacobdrj
05-18-2007, 10:10 AM
Glad someone caught it: And for the record: I was referring to LB, not Flip... Pistons haven't been balanced since Corliss was traded.

And I wasn't joking.

Jazz are more powerful than you can possibly imagine. I am in awe of them right now. Still don't think they will beat the Spurs, but it is not out of the realm of possibility. The team has balance, plays D, has both shooting, and an outside presence. Their PG is above average, perhaps even good. They play conservative, but has been able to play run-and-gun with the best of them.

The Jazz are a contender. And they are winning despite their coach's valiant efforts to foil them. (No-Call timeouts, signature OSCL)

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 04:43 PM
you wanna rethink that?

lets compare. and this is how they are playing right now

Baron<Nash by a little when healthy
J-Rich>>>>Raja
Jackson>Diaw
Harrington>Marion as of now
Biedrins<Amare

Ellis<Barbosa, but very close

Barnes=Thomas
Pietrus>Jones

Even when healthy, Baron <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Nash
Harrington <<<<<<<<<< Marion
Biedrins <<<<<<<<<<<<< Stoudamire

the others are pretty close.
Hence, Phoenix is much better.

BUMP
05-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Even when healthy, Baron <<<<<<<<<<<<<< Nash

have you even watched the postseason? he's been just as good if not better than Nash.