PDA

View Full Version : Props To The Suns And Their Fans

timvp
05-17-2007, 06:38 PM
:lol

Yeah, right. In all my years of Spurs fandom, I've never seen an opposing team's players, coaches and fans disrespect the Spurs' franchise as I have seen from this Phoenix crew.

Phil Jackson used to get in his shots, but it stopped with him. With the Suns, their whole organization has either directly called out the Spurs or insinuated it. They've attempted to alter not only the legacy of whatever may happen this season, but also the way history looks at the Spurs.

F that and F the Suns. It's not the Spurs fault your team isn't used to playoff basketball. It's not the Spurs fault your team can't follow black and white rules.

While this series is far from over, the lack of class displayed by the Suns in this series has been horrendous. From Stoudemire to Sarver to Sun Fan in general, you should be embarrassed. Win or lose with dignity and take the pacifier out of your mouth.

I hope you liked Game 5 . . .

http://www.spurstalk.com/sunsfansowned.jpg

It's time for the Spurs to play hard for 48 minutes in Game 6 and see what happens.

Believe.

dallaskd
05-17-2007, 06:39 PM

Mavs<Spurs
05-17-2007, 06:40 PM

Yeah, right. In all my years of Spurs fandom, I've never seen an opposing team's players, coaches and fans disrespect the Spurs' franchise as I have seen from this Phoenix crew.

Phil Jackson used to get in his shots, but it stopped with him. With the Suns, their whole organization has either directly called out the Spurs or insinuated it. They've attempted to alter not only the legacy of whatever may happen this season, but also the way history looks at the Spurs.

F that and F the Suns. It's not the Spurs fault your team isn't used to playoff basketball. It's not the Spurs fault your team can't follow black and white rules.

While this series is far from over, the lack of class displayed by the Suns in this series has been horrendous. From Stoudemire to Sarver to Sun Fan in general, you should be embarrassed. Win or lose with dignity and take the pacifier out of your mouth.

It's time for the Spurs to play hard for 48 minutes in Game 6 and see what happens.

Believe.

Agree!

They deserved that post!

:fro

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:40 PM
yes
FUCK THE SUNS THEY BRING SHAME TO THE STATE OF AZ

Spurs Brazil
05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
YES

Let's finish it tomorrow

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:41 PM
YOU FINISH THE SCUMS Off TOMORROW!

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Fuck More Bomb Threats

mardigan
05-17-2007, 06:42 PM
Finish them!

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:43 PM
Put The Danger In Them

ducks
05-17-2007, 06:45 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2416/sleepgo4.jpg

Bruno
05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
Finish them!
:tu

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 06:46 PM
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/2416/sleepgo4.jpg

:lmao :tu

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 06:50 PM
dont count the your chickens blah blah blah

cornbread
05-17-2007, 06:50 PM
Like a fuckin' poet!

Lebowski Brickowski
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
well said.

cheers to The Spurs: the classiest franchise in professional sports

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 06:53 PM
Any good will I had for the Suns organization after game 4 dried up within the first hours of the conspiracy to bypass the rules in the name of putting my team out of the playoffs.

slayermin
05-17-2007, 06:55 PM
If the NBA Shootaround is any indication, the real baskeball experts put the onus of the suspensions completely on Stoudemire and Diaw. I can't believe I actually cheered when Greg Anthony stated the rule should not be changed and Phoenix got exactly what they deserved. And I can't stand Greg Anthony. Carlisle and Sam Mitchell agreed that the rule should not be changed.

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 06:56 PM

Believe.

* !

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 06:57 PM
"We are the mean black & silver machine". :spin

Fillmoe
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
I've never seen fans celebrate a cheap shot win so profoundly....... not only were the suns robbed on some bullshit, but all spurs fans think it was fair..... thats whats so damn funny to me.... :lol :lol

pop a bitch must have sucked off david stern or some shit..... the nba is wack as fuck now....... on some WWF type garbage

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 06:59 PM
* !

Whatever helps you feel like you're not a loser that follows a bunch of whining pussies. :tu

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 07:00 PM
here's another stupid incident from the suns of bitches fans.

THEY DROVE AROUND THE SPURS HOTEL ALL NIGHT HONKING THEIR HORNS SO THE SPURS WOULD NOT GET ANY SLEEP :rolleyes
This was on the Dan Patrick show today.

That is beyond the pale for stupidity.

cornbread
05-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Whatever helps you feel like you're not a loser that follows a bunch of whining pussies. :tu :lmao

ducks
05-17-2007, 07:01 PM
I've never seen fans celebrate a cheap shot win so profoundly....... not only were the suns robbed on some bullshit, but all spurs fans think it was fair..... thats whats so damn funny to me.... :lol :lol

pop a bitch must have sucked off david stern or some shit..... the nba is wack as fuck now....... on some WWF type garbage

it is fair when you break the law you get punished
a spur broke the law and got punished
2 suns did and got punished

it should not matter if the suns players were better then the spur player
no one should be above the rules

slayermin
05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
* !

1999 Fakers - Swept again
*2000 Fakers - Tim Duncan hurt
*2001 Fakers - Derek Anderson hurt
*2002 Fakers - David Robinson hurt
2003 - 110-82, Bitch.
2004 - Ha, ha, ha!! :lol

judaspriestess
05-17-2007, 07:02 PM
If the NBA Shootaround is any indication, the real baskeball experts put the onus of the suspensions completely on Stoudemire and Diaw. I can't believe I actually cheered when Greg Anthony stated the rule should not be changed and Phoenix got exactly what they deserved. And I can't stand Greg Anthony. Carlisle and Sam Mitchell agreed that the rule should not be changed.

No shit, I saw that too. I was shocked myself but thank you Greg Anthony for stating the obvious. As well as Carlisle and Mitchell.

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Whatever helps you feel like you're not a loser that follows a bunch of whining pussies. :tu

no entiende

timvp
05-17-2007, 07:03 PM

:jack

In 2005, the Nuggets and the Sonics were physical beyond anything that's happening in this year's playoffs. Both teams hammered Manu and Tony way harder than anything we've seen in this series.

But of course, no one outside of San Antonio knows this because the Spurs as a franchise didn't whine and call the teams dirty.

They just beat 'em.

kps0001
05-17-2007, 07:04 PM
F that and F the Suns.

It's not the Spurs fault your team isn't used to playoff basketball.

It's not the Spurs fault your team can't follow black and white rules.

While this series is far from over, the lack of class displayed by the Suns in this series has been horrendous.

Win or lose with dignity and take the pacifier out of your mouth.

:rolleyes

lots of class and dignity coming from Spurs fans and if I recall correctly the moderator of this board.

Way to go guys!!!!!!!!!!!

Spurs and its fans are the angels of the NBA.

:clap :clap

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 07:05 PM
no entiende

no shit

Leetonidas
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM

lots of class and dignity coming from Spurs fans and if I recall correctly the moderator of this board.

Oh shut the fuck up. You don't see Spurs fans calling in bomb threats to the Suns' hotel.

Fuck this class shit. Fuck the Suns, fuck Phoenix, and fuck all you whiny, pussy ass bitches that support this bunch of dirty crybabies. I'm sick of this bullshit.

FUCK PHOENIX.

timvp
05-17-2007, 07:06 PM
How much did the Spurs whine when the Suns beat them in 2000 because Tim Duncan was injured? Did Spurs fans call in bomb threats because a player had to sit out games?

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 07:07 PM
1999 Fakers - Swept again
*2000 Fakers - Tim Duncan hurt
*2001 Fakers - Derek Anderson hurt
*2002 Fakers - David Robinson hurt
2003 - 110-82, Bitch.
2004 - Ha, ha, ha!! :lol

you cant talk about *'s

pppp
The suns never lost a basketball game. Seriously. Every time they happen to score less points than their opponent :

a) Stern fucked them: you know the NBA (especially the marketing & ratings division) HATES Steve Nash & the Suns :rolleyes

b) the other team got all the calls - the refs sucks ! Amare nevers fouls anyone. Bell never flops

c) they miss their key players, so it doesn't count. Sarver will lobby the league so that they pass a "Imissmybestplayersoplzdon'tmakeitcountok?" rule during the summer

d) they try to play the "beautiful game" but they play against "dirty" teams. What can you do?

e) Bruce Bowen

I've never seen complaining at this level :dizzy

mardigan
Oh shut the fuck up. You don't see Spurs fans calling in bomb threats to the Suns' hotel.

Fuck this class shit. Fuck the Suns, fuck Phoenix, and fuck all you whiny, pussy ass bitches that support this bunch of dirty crybabies. I'm sick of this bullshit.

FUCK PHOENIX.
No shit, and then you got another Suns fan on another thread threatining to shoot Horry in the face, and the SPurs fans are the classless ones

PM5K
You can't question the moderators here, at least they give you guys the opportunity to show just how classless you are, other forums don't let opposing teams fans the opportunity to say anything.

You guys really showed your class with the water bottle, and I'm not talking about D'antonis...

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:09 PM

Awesome fuggin post! Suns fan, let every word here sink into your thick skull. Good? Now shut up and take a hike!

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 07:10 PM
no shit

seriously, i dont understant what did you mean (or its "did you meant"?), sorry

btw estas para comerte mamita

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
The Suns should petition the NBA to extend Suns games beyond 48 minutes if the Suns are down. The buzzer sounds the second the Suns take the lead. To make it more fair, the opposing team has to bring a player off the floor every two minutes.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 07:12 PM
The Suns should petition the NBA to extend Suns games beyond 48 minutes if the Suns are down. The buzzer sounds the second the Suns take the lead. To make it more fair, the opposing team has to bring a player off the floor every two minutes.Don't act like Stern can't do this!

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 07:13 PM

Wow, a week of nothing but whining and when someone finally loses their patience with it, you claim the high ground.

Your team is going to be fishing this weekend, bitch.

And oh yeah: Go home and get your fuckin' shine box.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:14 PM

Shove all of your near illiterate comments up your bitch ass. I'm tired of reading your pathetic, worthless comments. I'm ignoring your f-ing junk ass as of now. So piss off, you worthless spec of flea sh!t on a stray dog.

slayermin
you cant talk about *'s

Fuck you and fuck the Lakers, bitch. This ain't Lakersground.

Everytime we win another championship, the stronger my case becomes.

timvp
I can only imagine what will happen if the Suns beat the Spurs and go on the face the Jazz. If the Spurs are dirty, what are they going to call the Jazz?

The Jazz are way more physical than the Spurs and Sloan is known to preach the hard foul. A Jazz player gets bonus points for committing flagrant fouls.

The Spurs are a finesse team compared to what the Jazz would do to the Suns. Sloan is probably salivating at the thought of showing Phoenix what a real dirty team looks like.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:15 PM
dont count the your chickens blah blah blah

Literacy test for this kid or convict, please. Thanks.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:16 PM

Be somewhere else, jack off.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:17 PM
no shit

:lmao

timvp
05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
But yeah, I will admit that was a dirty three Bowen buried on your azz.

cornbread
05-17-2007, 07:19 PM
you cant talk about *'s
Aw, somebody can dish out * smack but can't take it.

Fillmoe
05-17-2007, 07:20 PM
Shove all of your near illiterate comments up your bitch ass. I'm tired of reading your pathetic, worthless comments. I'm ignoring your f-ing junk ass as of now. So piss off, you worthless spec of flea sh!t on a stray dog.

i will cry myself to sleep tonight.......

mbass
05-17-2007, 07:23 PM
I can only imagine what will happen if the Suns beat the Spurs and go on the face the Jazz. If the Spurs are dirty, what are they going to call the Jazz?

The Jazz are way more physical than the Spurs and Sloan is known to preach the hard foul. A Jazz player gets bonus points for committing flagrant fouls.

The Spurs are a finesse team compared to what the Jazz would do to the Suns. Sloan is probably salivating at the thought of showing Phoenix what a real dirty team looks like.

I've been thinking the same thing for the past several days - If they think the Spurs are "tough" what about the Jazz and the Pistons. Heaven help us with all the crying.

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 07:24 PM
alguien me puede traducir que me dijo el bombom?, por favor

smeagol
05-17-2007, 07:27 PM
i will cry myself to sleep tonight.......
Dude, night in and night out you prove to be one of STs most worthless posters.

Go play with Norcal and the ther idiot trolls who bring nada to this forum.

Asshole.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Guys like Harpring can make Bruce Bowen look like a choir boy sometimes.

Honestly, I'm really tired of all of the off-the-court nonsense in this series. It's taking away from what has been a tough, hard-fought, compelling series. It's making whining and complaining and perceived slights the story of these playoffs. It's ridiculously melodramatic in light of what this series is actually providing in a substantive sense.

In part all of that can be attributed to a media that won't let it go. In part, though, I think it can be attributed to a Suns team that decided to begin bitching and moaning about the Spurs starting with D'Antoni's temper tantrum shortly before halftime of Game 1 -- I think that mentality has pervaded the Suns' approach to this series and has become a rallying cry for so many of their fans. That's not to say that Spurs fans are beyond reproach, but IMO, it's painfully obvious that while the Suns have kvetched about so much in this series, the Spurs have kept their mouths shut and just tried to play basketball. The Suns' complaining has put a microscope on this series and when viewed under that microscope, things that would normally warrant no discussion have become major topics. It's ridiculous.

I'm fed up with it and agree with timvp again. F'em. It's winning time for the Spurs; it's been whining time for the Suns. I'm ready to end the whole thing.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:35 PM
alguien me puede traducir que me dijo el bombom?, por favor

Ele falou para voce tomar no seu cu, seu vagabundo! Viado!

exstatic
05-17-2007, 07:39 PM
Time to put this bitch-ass franchise and it's bitch-ass fans in the rearview....

anonymous coward
05-17-2007, 07:40 PM
Ele falou para voce tomar no seu cu, seu vagabundo! Viado!

que decis negro?

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 07:48 PM
que decis negro?

Uh oh, the race card.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 07:50 PM
Uh oh, the race card.
You mean La Raza card.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 08:00 PM
How much did the Spurs whine when the Suns beat them in 2000 because Tim Duncan was injured? Did Spurs fans call in bomb threats because a player had to sit out games?

don't forget 1992 mang

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 08:04 PM
the suns have given themselves a nice out now with their fanbase. they can't get over the spurs because they are "dirty". it's a nice way to displace blame for close to 40 years of postseason failure.

Pike The Conqueror
05-17-2007, 08:10 PM
* !

LOLllllll. again???

T Park
05-17-2007, 08:11 PM
don't forget 1992 mang

Dan Majerle jumping into Kevin Johnson's arms like they had just won the damn championship.

Oh yeah. I don't forget that......

L.I.T
05-17-2007, 08:12 PM
Sun's fans have almost made me lose hope in humanity. Almost.

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-17-2007, 08:13 PM

So you'll be avoiding the NBA, its players, its teams, its broadcasts and their respective advertisers in protest, right?

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 08:14 PM
So you'll be avoiding the NBA, its players, its teams, its broadcasts and their respective advertisers in protest, right?

Only if all of that includes fan websites, too. :spin

td4mvp21
05-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Why the fuck is a Kings fan talking about the playoffs?

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 08:44 PM
:baby suns lost a supporting star for one fucking game.

DuncanT
05-17-2007, 08:46 PM
No shit, I saw that too. I was shocked myself but thank you Greg Anthony for stating the obvious. As well as Carlisle and Mitchell.
Do i need to say anything to back this up? You whine after every call, knee people in the balls, step on achilles, body check people when they know they're gonna lose, etc. etc. etc.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Their boos, and the owners comments seemed ignorant of the Spurs franchise.

Other than that, I'll go the Pop route and be polite about it - this team and their supporters seem...very young.

violentkitten
05-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Do i need to say anything to back this up? You whine after every call, knee people in the balls, step on achilles, body check people when they know they're gonna lose, etc. etc. etc.

awww, poor :baby

mavsfan1000
05-17-2007, 09:26 PM
I'd say the suns and spurs are equally classless.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 09:31 PM

coming from a mav fan, that means alot.. no really

RussN
05-17-2007, 09:34 PM

All the players that broke the rules were suspended, it was fair, part of being able to win in sports is thinking while you play the game...or sit on the bench. Follow the rules, think clearly under pressure, and maybe your team will win.

The NBA did what it had to do.

I think you are still mad at Horry from the broken heart you suffered from the Kings v Lakers days. I'm so sorry for you.

bonesinaz
05-17-2007, 09:37 PM

Exactly. The suns and their fans will have to curl up in a fetal position if they face a team coached by Jerry Sloan.

NASHville
05-17-2007, 09:41 PM
It sucks being a Suns fan right now....but you all know the feeling.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 09:42 PM
So tell me, what does making a bomb threat feel like?

sandman
05-17-2007, 09:45 PM
Only Sun Fan can attempt to come off as credible in their conspiracy that the NBA is fixing this series in favor of the Spurs.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-17-2007, 09:49 PM

That's hilarious that Greg "sucker-punch" Anthony is lecturing anybody on playing fairly, by the rules, or self-control. Anthony is a little bitch, just ask Kevin Johnson.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Ironic that KJ's cheap shots are the reason for the rule that got Amare and Diaw suspended, ain't it? Serendipity is a beautiful thing, and God is a Spurs fan.

Walton Buys Off Me
05-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I've been saying for quite some time now on this board that I hated the Suns organization for the overall sense of entitlement they carry themselves with. Where it comes from, who the fuck knows because last time I checked they've accomplished about as much as the Toronto Raptors. From their players like Stoudemire and Bell that have never in their lives commited a foul to their Bill Paxton-from-True Lies coach that seems to think the NBA is blessed to have him to their pillow-biting owner whose obnoxious anctics make Mark Cuban look subdued and classy....plain and simple; the Suns are a joke.

Welcome to playoff basketball bitches, what did you expect, sipping tea at centercourt while going over the latest issue of Home & Gardens? "Mommy, mommy the other team is being physical mommy, they won't let us run and up down and try and score more points than them". Have you ever in your life seen a bigger bunch of fucking pussies? Good God these chicks are pathetic. For a second there, I could have sworn we were playing the Detroit Shock.

At least Phil Jackson has the credentials to call out pretty much anyone he wants. Having your character called into question by the likes of Amare Stoudemire, Mike D'Antoni and Robert Sarver is kinda like getting life advice from a stripper while she shakes her tattooed cunt in your face.

Eat a dick Phoenix, we end this charade tomorow night.

AZLouis
05-17-2007, 09:56 PM

Believe.

Nice generalization of everybody involved.

:clap

OldDirtMcGirt
05-17-2007, 09:57 PM
Ironic that KJ's cheap shots are the reason for the rule that got Amare and Diaw suspended, ain't it? Serendipity is a beautiful thing, and God is a Spurs fan.

By KG's cheapshots you would mean Greg Anthony being a little bitch and sucker punching him? Although I have to admit it is ironic that the rule was imposed because of the Suns/Knicks brawl.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 09:58 PM

You'll have to excuse him -- it doesn't seem like many are willing to draw fine lines about the Spurs or Spurs fans these days; turnabout would certainly seem to be expected.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
By KG's cheapshots you would mean Greg Anthony being a little bitch and sucker punching him? Although I have to admit it is ironic that the rule was imposed because of the Suns/Knicks brawl.
Greg Anthony was responding to KJ's cheap shots. It's unfair that he should have been penalized for it, just like Amare should have been allowed to run onto the court in response to Horry.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM

You are an individual douchebag.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-17-2007, 10:03 PM
Greg Anthony was responding to KJ's cheap shots. It's unfair that he should have been penalized for it, just like Amare should have been allowed to run onto the court in response to Horry.

Anthony wasn't even playing, so I don't know what the fuck he was responding too.

tlongII
05-17-2007, 10:04 PM

Believe.

Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh UNBEAVABLE! How a Spurs fan can claim that the Suns are acting without class in this particular series is beyond my comprehension. The entire country knows that the Spurs have been acting like PUNK ASS BITCHES! If there is any justice in this world Phoenix will DESTROY you tomorrow night.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 10:05 PM
blazerfan lecturing about team conduct.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 10:07 PM
Ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhh UNBEAVABLE! How a Spurs fan can claim that the Suns aren't acting without class in this particular series is beyond my comprehension. The entire country knows that the Spurs have been acting like PUNK ASS BITCHES! If there is any justice in this world Phoenix will DESTROY you tomorrow night.

See, there's that whole generalization thing again.

sandman
05-17-2007, 10:09 PM
blazerfan lecturing about team conduct.

just waiting for Lakerfan to start lecturing Spurfan about not cheering loudly during home games...

Dingle Barry
05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
I've been saying for quite some time now on this board that I hated the Suns organization for the overall sense of entitlement they carry themselves with. Where it comes from, who the fuck knows because last time I checked they've accomplished about as much as the Toronto Raptors. From their players like Stoudemire and Bell that have never in their lives commited a foul to their Bill Paxton-from-True Lies coach that seems to think the NBA is blessed to have him to their pillow-biting owner whose obnoxious anctics make Mark Cuban look subdued and classy....plain and simple; the Suns are a joke.

Welcome to playoff basketball bitches, what did you expect, sipping tea at centercourt while going over the latest issue of Home & Gardens? "Mommy, mommy the other team is being physical mommy, they won't let us run and up down and try and score more points than them". Have you ever in your life seen a bigger bunch of fucking pussies? Good God these chicks are pathetic. For a second there, I could have sworn we were playing the Detroit Shock.

At least Phil Jackson has the credentials to call out pretty much anyone he wants. Having your character called into question by the likes of Amare Stoudemire, Mike D'Antoni and Robert Sarver is kinda like getting life advice from a stripper while she shakes her tattooed cunt in your face.

This is some of the most inspiring shit talking I have ever seen in sports message board history. For real. :hungry:

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2007, 10:10 PM
If there is any justice in this world Phoenix will DESTROY you tomorrow night.

Justice has been lacking as of late

OldDirtMcGirt
05-17-2007, 10:11 PM
Justice has been lacking as off late

Yeah, but the Blazers haven't really had that much luck with the justice system recently.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Your comments defy logic dude. How can you elaborate such thoughts comming out of your little mind? I'm sure it was a drag.

We don't celebrate the cheap shot at all. We don't like to be pushed around when the inferior team wants to take advantage of shit. That's cheap as it gets.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:26 PM
I cannot get over how rattled the Spurs fans are about the Phoenix fans, the team and a fucking water bottle? Are you KIDDING me???? You have won 3 rings, right? Sack up and act like it!

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 10:28 PM
Guys like Harpring can make Bruce Bowen look like a choir boy sometimes.

Honestly, I'm really tired of all of the off-the-court nonsense in this series. It's taking away from what has been a tough, hard-fought, compelling series. It's making whining and complaining and perceived slights the story of these playoffs. It's ridiculously melodramatic in light of what this series is actually providing in a substantive sense.

In part all of that can be attributed to a media that won't let it go. In part, though, I think it can be attributed to a Suns team that decided to begin bitching and moaning about the Spurs starting with D'Antoni's temper tantrum shortly before halftime of Game 1 -- I think that mentality has pervaded the Suns' approach to this series and has become a rallying cry for so many of their fans. That's not to say that Spurs fans are beyond reproach, but IMO, it's painfully obvious that while the Suns have kvetched about so much in this series, the Spurs have kept their mouths shut and just tried to play basketball. The Suns' complaining has put a microscope on this series and when viewed under that microscope, things that would normally warrant no discussion have become major topics. It's ridiculous.

I'm fed up with it and agree with timvp again. F'em. It's winning time for the Spurs; it's been whining time for the Suns. I'm ready to end the whole thing.

This makes my case. It all comes down to feeling inferior against a superior team. Knowing there's nothing you can do, or your teammates to get over the hump when you face a team like SA.

If you guys recall, last year when they lost to SA, I remember they got hyped with that one win and then said they would take a game at a time. Then I remember Nash literally saying that the Spurs "were too good for them". They had no response and Nash was MVP by then.

Now they came back with a better team than last year's. Some nice additions, tough people, etc, but the same happened. Right in game one, they tasted what the series would be if they just kept playing the game. They knew it was impossible to win 4 games to SA.

So the bitching started right there and the rest is history. Nash was right it is all about mental toughness. The "I don't know what it is but it is something that don't let us get over the hump". Huevos? no.. a team that can compete with SA without "cheap-shots"

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
The Spurs have won three rings, not their fans, and they are acting like it.

And the Suns team is acting their part, too.

TheDrozmeister
05-17-2007, 10:30 PM
Finish Them Off Spurs, See You In The Finals!

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Only Sun Fan can attempt to come off as credible in their conspiracy that the NBA is fixing this series in favor of the Spurs.

I agree, that is stupid. There is no consipracy. It is interesting how much better the Suns played in this series when D'Antioni quit having epiletic seizures after every call and the team quit bitching on the court. The Suns stole Game 4 in SA (shocking, considering how well SA played at home) and in Game 5 they just ran out of gas. SA missed just about every shot in the first 15 minutes of the game and THAT had as much to do with the big lead and the small line-up the Suns threw out there.

I think this has been a GREAT series and the controversy just makes it more fun to watch, that's all.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
I cannot get over how rattled the Spurs fans are about the Phoenix fans, the team and a fucking water bottle? Are you KIDDING me???? You have won 3 rings, right? Sack up and act like it!

oh shut up, you'd have a profusely bleeding axe wound if the tables were turned and a water bottle were thrown at one of PHX's premier players..

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 10:33 PM
The Spurs have won three rings, not their fans, and they are acting like it.

And the Suns team is acting their part, too.

So true.

T Park
05-17-2007, 10:33 PM
Finish Them Off Spurs, See You In The Finals!

Hope to as well.

Hope its the PIstons, for the sake of having class fans to debate basketball with :lol

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 10:34 PM

This post was priceless.
:tu

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:35 PM
oh shut up, you'd have a profusely bleeding axe wound if the tables were turned and a water bottle were thrown at one of PHX's premier players..

A water bottle???? A PLASTIC WATER bottle? This is coming from the state where they drag black men by chains behind pick up trucks and execute retards? I guess Texas is more faggoty than I thought. 'Scuse me.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:38 PM
A water bottle???? A PLASTIC WATER bottle? This is coming from the state where they .... execute retards?
I can see why you'd be concerned about that.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 10:38 PM
A water bottle???? A PLASTIC WATER bottle? This is coming from the state where they drag black men by chains behind pick up trucks and execute retards? I guess Texas is more faggoty than I thought. 'Scuse me.

hypocrisy and stereotyping at its best

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 10:41 PM
This is coming from the state where they drag black men by chains behind pick up trucks and execute retards? I guess Texas is more faggoty than I thought. 'Scuse me.
Hey, why don't you come visit...

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:44 PM

There is part of me that thinks that the example D'Antoni set of getting so bent out of shape by the slightest hint of physical play rubbed off on the assistant coaches too.

And that's why their immediate reaction to Horry's foul on Nash was to start throwing a fit, rather than doing their jobs and making sure the players stayed on the bench.

Great leadership there, Mickey.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 10:46 PM
There is part of me that thinks that the example D'Antoni set of getting so bent out of shape by the slightest hint of physical play rubbed off on the assistant coaches too.

And that's why their immediate reaction to Horry's foul on Nash was to start throwing a fit, rather than doing their jobs and making sure the players stayed on the bench.

It all comes from top bottom, I think I said it after the bitching started. If your coach bitches like that, how can you a player help it?

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM

I think you're right there...not only should the players have stayed put, but the coaches should have controlled that situation better as well. Mike was the first one to run down there...I believe the Suns were suspended for their actions, not Horry's. They know better.

Johnny RIngo
05-17-2007, 10:47 PM
Phoenix sucks. Shitty fans, shitty culture, shitty weather, shitty teams, etc. Not to mention the worst bball forums on the net. They ban anybody that isn't a Suns fan...bunch of sensitive pussies over there.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 10:48 PM
That's three suns fans I think that have actually acknowledged that. We are averaging one a day.

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM
This is coming from the state where they drag black men by chains behind pick up trucks and execute retards? Pretty funny, considering it took a nationwide boycott to get MLK Day enacted in Arizona.

sandman
05-17-2007, 10:49 PM

Vidor, Texas - 3 white men kill a black man by dragging him behind their truck

State of Arizona - 1986, state legislature does not pass bill to recognize MLK Jr Day. 1987, Governor rescinds holiday put in place by previous Governor after legislators did not pass bill. 1990, Arizona citizens voted against recognizing MLK Jr Day. 1992, Arizona citizens voted for recognizing MLK Jr Day only after losing bid for Super Bowl XXVII over lack of holiday recognition. 2008 projected population for Arizona is 6.3 million, with 75% being white.

STFU you racist bastards.

michaelwcho
05-17-2007, 10:50 PM
The suns never lost a basketball game. Seriously. Every time they happen to score less points than their opponent :

I've never seen complaining at this level :dizzy

It all starts at the top. I live in Phoenix, and heard Sarver taking phone calls on a local station. He is on his high horse saying Tim Duncan should have been suspended, too. I think when the boss is a whiner, you just get a culture of victim-mentality and it sure trickles down.

By the way, Mark Iavaroni, an asst. coach, said that 2 minutes before the incident (ie, the playoff foul that Rocked the World), that he told all the guys not to move if anything happened. And later, Amare claimed that he didn't understand what he was talking about! After seeing him lie with a straight face at the press conference...

sandman
05-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Pretty funny, considering it took a nationwide boycott to get MLK Day enacted in Arizona.

Guess we both saw the irony in that one at the exact same time...

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 10:52 PM
It all comes from top bottom, I think I said it after the bitching started. If your coach bitches like that, how can you a player help it?
Doesn't D'Antoni get that his leader is STEVE FREAKING NASH???? That guy is a warrior! He can handle the rough stuff! If Steve can handle it, he can lead the rest of the team to handle it too --> see Game 4!

But nooooooo... D'Antoni is too in love with his pretty "less than 7 seconds" style, and he doesn't want it spoiled by playoff intensity.

What a bitch.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:54 PM
That's three suns fans I think that have actually acknowledged that. We are averaging one a day.

I'm kind of irritated with that as well. Yes, Horry had a hard foul, maybe even a bad foul. Whatever. The replay showed Nash hitting the table and then "embelishing" a bit WHICH THEY ALL DO. Hell, its the playoffs! But the players know they can't leave that bench and they did and they paid for it. It sucked, but the rule is the rule. I don't believe for one second this series will be determined by that play. The Suns had that game won anyway.

Go play basketball...its a fantastic series. Don Nelson says the best team wins a 7 game series ALWAYS. We'll see who that is soon enough.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
I'm kind of irritated with that as well. Yes, Horry had a hard foul, maybe even a bad foul. Whatever. The replay showed Nash hitting the table and then "embelishing" a bit WHICH THEY ALL DO. Hell, its the playoffs! But the players know they can't leave that bench and they did and they paid for it. It sucked, but the rule is the rule. I don't believe for one second this series will be determined by that play. The Suns had that game won anyway.

Go play basketball...its a fantastic series. Don Nelson says the best team wins a 7 game series ALWAYS. We'll see who that is soon enough.

better teams win in 6

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 10:58 PM
Pretty funny, considering it took a nationwide boycott to get MLK Day enacted in Arizona.

Wrong, jerkweed. It was the Super Bowl...but we still don't drag anyone behind trucks here.

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 11:00 PM
Wrong, jerkweed. It was the Super Bowl...but we still don't drag anyone behind trucks here.You don't teach history either.

1991: The NFL moves the 1993 Super Bowl site from Phoenix, Ariz., to Pasadena, Calif., because of the MLK Day boycott.

1992: Arizona citizens vote to enact MLK Day. The Super Bowl is held in Tempe, Ariz. in 1996.http://www.factmonster.com/spot/mlkhistory1.html

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:01 PM
Vidor, Texas - 3 white men kill a black man by dragging him behind their truck

State of Arizona - 1986, state legislature does not pass bill to recognize MLK Jr Day. 1987, Governor rescinds holiday put in place by previous Governor after legislators did not pass bill. 1990, Arizona citizens voted against recognizing MLK Jr Day. 1992, Arizona citizens voted for recognizing MLK Jr Day only after losing bid for Super Bowl XXVII over lack of holiday recognition. 2008 projected population for Arizona is 6.3 million, with 75% being white.

STFU you racist bastards.

Hey, at least we only throw plastic water bottles at black men. We didn't drag Duncan thru town chained to an F-50.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey, at least we only throw plastic water bottles at black men. We didn't drag Duncan thru town chained to an F-50.

Arizona racists: 4,000,000
Texas: 3

Good going.

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Next up: Arizona schoolkids learn about the Spanish-American War.

LakerLanny
05-17-2007, 11:04 PM
Nice post TimMVP.

Yeah, Stoudemire and Diaw went brain dead and it cost the Suns big time.

SA is the benefit of the collective brain power of approximately 3 watts combined.

Just don't choke Game 6 OK? Remember, I picked the Spurs to win it all this year as early as September of last year (I can prove that)

Good luck, the Suns act has become very tired.....why does everyone hate the Warriors when the Suns whine just as much or more?

To me, these playoffs ended when BDiddy and the Warriors got eliminated.....my team of course is too pathetic right now to even contend.

sandman
05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
Wrong, jerkweed. It was the Super Bowl...but we still don't drag anyone behind trucks here.

An overwhelming white majority vote against MLK Jr Day.

3 white guys from a small hick town commiting a hate crime.

Which one speaks worse about a population base?

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:05 PM
You don't teach history either.

http://www.factmonster.com/spot/mlkhistory1.html

Excuse me again douchebag...they enacted the law because they lost the Super Bowl. They enstated it to insure they got the 96 SB. I forgot how you have to talk slower in Texas.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Arizona also harbors the polygamist fundamentalist Mormon cult in Colorado City.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Next up: Arizona schoolkids learn about the Spanish-American War.

maybe you should start them out with something a little less cumbersome, like remedial english, seeing as how just about every suns fan (with the exception of a few) can hardly type a coherent sentence or spell elementary words

NASHville
05-17-2007, 11:07 PM

LIke the conspiracty that the NBA was fixing the series in favor of the Lakers?

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 11:08 PM
Excuse me again douchebag...they enacted the law because they lost the Super Bowl. They enstated it to insure they got the 96 SB. I forgot how you have to talk slower in Texas.
1991: The NFL moves the 1993 Super Bowl site from Phoenix, Ariz., to Pasadena, Calif., because of the MLK Day boycott.

suns in 7
Arizona also harbors the polygamist fundamentalist Mormon cult in Colorado City.

Now that is an absolutley TRUE statement. Finally.

ShoogarBear
maybe you should start them out with something a little less cumbersome, like remedial english, seeing as how just about every suns fan (with the exception of a few) can hardly type a coherent sentence or spell elementary wordsClearly this one doesn't even read very well.

sandman
05-17-2007, 11:09 PM

F-50?? Even a freaking metro who drives a Prius knows it's an F-150.

On a side note, the Spurs have 5 white players. Why were you aiming just at the brothers?

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 11:10 PM
matt bonner = mad ######ish

(please don't ban me)

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:11 PM
A water bottle???? A PLASTIC WATER bottle? This is coming from the state where they .... execute retards?

I can see why you'd be concerned about that.

Oh, snap...

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
Oh, snap...
:clap'Twarn't me.

It was Extra Stout.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
F-50?? Even a freaking metro who drives a Prius knows it's an F-150.

On a side note, the Spurs have 5 white players. Why were you aiming just at the brothers?

We just aim for the big ones. (I did miss a number there is the previous post but I'm not in a fair fight! My typing doesn't match my voracious, quick wit.)

ShoogarBear
05-17-2007, 11:16 PM
My typing doesn't match my voracious, quick wit.Oh, yes it does.

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:18 PM
'Twarn't me.

It was Extra Stout.
Thanks. Fixed it.

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:20 PM
We just aim for the big ones. (I did miss a number there is the previous post but I'm not in a fair fight! My typing doesn't match my voracious, quick wit.)
Actually, your typing, poor as it is, vastly exceeds your wit.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-17-2007, 11:21 PM
better teams win in 6

For some of those out there who think this is gong 7 games I don't want to break your bubble but it won't happen. SA close it out tomorrow Friday. They have been there before having an opportunity to close at home and they've done it. They will play like game 7 with poise. No more flukes after game 4.

I don't think anyone in the spurs team wants to go back to Phoenix and get thrown bottles at by the good people of that city.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
For some of those out there who think this is gong 7 games I don't want to break your bubble but it won't happen. SA close it out tomorrow Friday. They have been there before having an opportunity to close at home and they've done it. They will play like game 7 with poise. No more flukes after game 4.

I don't think anyone in the spurs team wants to go back to Phoenix and get thrown bottles at by the good people of that city.

You may be right. But the Spurs have not really played well except for Game 1 which is surprising to me considering how much trouble the Suns have had with them historically. I thought whoever got Game 1 would win the series and maybe that is still the case.

You have to admit, this series has NOT played out as expected. Had the Spurs not choked away Game 4, it would be over now.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 11:27 PM
LIke the conspiracty that the NBA was fixing the series in favor of the Lakers?

I think I understand now. When your favorite team loses to a team from a smaller market who plays "boring" basketball then there is a "conspiracty" at work. Said team is also "dirty". You are then entitled to whine about any and everything and free to spam the fan forums of the opponent at will. However, should any of the opponent's fans dare to raise a critical point then they are "whining".

If anything would fit what the league and its broadcast partners want as a champion it would be a high scoring team full of tremendous athletic talent dunking the ball frequently in transition and led by a white superstar. To claim that there is some great "conspiracty" at hand to advance the "boring" small market team is laughable. But when you can't win on the court, you need excuses.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Actually, your typing, poor as it is, vastly exceeds your wit.

:)

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Typical of a Suns fan to think that teams not playing well win 3 games out of 5 against a higher seeded team, two on their court. Playoff basketball isn't pretty, and it isn't rec ball. It's about wins and losses, and jettisoning the whole thing after the press conference is over to get ready for the next game. The Suns attitude is self defeating. If you believe things are out of your control, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. Man up.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Typical of a Suns fan to think that teams not playing well win 3 games out of 5 against a higher seeded team, two on their court. Playoff basketball isn't pretty, and it isn't rec ball. It's about wins and losses, and jettisoning the whole thing after the press conference is over to get ready for the next game. The Suns attitude is self defeating. If you believe things are out of your control, it becomes a self fulfilling prophesy. Man up.

I'm not being critical of the Spurs; all I am saying is that I thought the Suns would be on their heels more than they have been. Game 1 was close enough for them to win, yet Game 2 you guys get blown out. How does that happen? The Suns stole Game 4 on your court. That shouldn't happen either to a team as well coached as the Spurs. The Suns hadn't beat you at home in 2 years in the playoffs.

I have a lot of respect for the Spurs. I just think their playing has been "streaky" and TRUST me, your fans here last night who were calling the players every name in the book for most the game were shocked as well.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:45 PM

I do not believe things are out of the control of the players of either team. If the Suns score more point than the Spurs, no matter who is on the floor, they win. Simple. I've said it before, the officiating and suspensions have little bearing on the outcome of this series. Steve Nash is the one player who has been affected most by fouls, injuries but he hasn't complained at the press conferences or in the paper. In fact, he's only called out his OWN TEAMMATES for not playing harder.

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:47 PM
I do not believe things are out of the control of the players of either team. If the Suns score more point than the Spurs, no matter who is on the floor, they win. Simple. I've said it before, the officiating and suspensions have little bearing on the outcome of this series. Steve Nash is the one player who has been affected most by fouls, injuries but he hasn't complained at the press conferences or in the paper. In fact, he's only called out his OWN TEAMMATES for not playing harder.
Nash should be player-coach of the Suns.

dknights411
05-17-2007, 11:48 PM

Nice posts there! If only ALL Suns fans were this rational. :rolleyes

exstatic
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Your team and organization doesn't seem to share your sentiments. You're right about Nash, though. He's the only one to man up so far this series. The rest of your team and staff sounds like a maternity ward before feeding time.

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:51 PM
Nash should be player-coach of the Suns.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic, but I think he does try to coach behavior, attitude by example. He hasn't complained about any of this anywhere. I wish more of the players and FANS would take note.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2007, 11:54 PM
That's hilarious that Greg "sucker-punch" Anthony is lecturing anybody on playing fairly, by the rules, or self-control. Anthony is a little bitch, just ask Kevin Johnson.Anthony can be whatever you want, but in my eyes he made the best arguement for why the rule shouldn't be changed. Before I heard it I thought the suspensions were horrible. I still didn't like them much, not because they were unfair but because I knew how fired up the Suns were going to come out (sure enough, they came out inspired - The Suns fans bitching bout the suspensions are probably too stupid to see how much they benefited from them emotionally).

Anyhow, Greg Anthony asked if the rule was so horrible, why are the Suns the only team to have broken it in the past 2 years? Why are there not more acts of players who can't control themselves and stay within the rules?

I'd like an answer to that.

BeerIsGood!
05-17-2007, 11:55 PM
Without Steve Nash's heart the Suns would've unravelled under the dark whiny cloud being spewed from the mouths of their coach and resident idiot center and would have been dispatched in 4 or 5.

MannyIsGod
05-17-2007, 11:59 PM
IMO The Suns have a horrible coach. He goes to the bitching card far too often. If your leader does that, how do you expect the rest to act?

suns in 7
05-17-2007, 11:59 PM
Without Steve Nash's heart the Suns would've unravelled under the dark whiny cloud being spewed from the mouths of their coach and resident idiot center and would have been dispatched in 4 or 5.

I don't think Nash has even played that well in the last 3 games. Lots of turnovers and that foul on Ginobili last night was a killer. His 3pt attempt that was actually a 2 was bad too...

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:02 AM

I believe you said it was going to be over in 4 or 5 from the beginning. In fact, most Spur fans on here disrespected the Suns and said it would be another quick series. Don't start jumping on the Nash bandwagon now after most of you called him the fake MVP for 2 years. Even your backhanded compliments aren't wanted.

And I wasn't one of those bitching about the suspensions - knowing that they would fire up the fans and the team. I was just afraid of the Suns being (a) too tired and (b) unable to score down the stretch, which is exactly what happened. If search were enabled, you could see where I said Burke/Jalen Rose needed to play because that would help keep guys like Thomas, Bell, and Nash rested for the long haul. Unfortunately, Mike D got too caught up in the moment to sit his players long enough... and he has way too much stock in Barbosa who can't handle the ball against a quality defensive team.

MannyIsGod
05-18-2007, 12:06 AM
How can you quantify something like most Spurs fans thought Nash was a fake MVP? Thats ridiculous.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Steve Nash was a 'lame' mvp for not playing both ends of the floor but i can accept it because he consistently leads his team and is the prime mover in the offense, now, Dirk Nowitzki, that is a fake mvp if i ever saw one.

ImpartialObserver
05-18-2007, 12:15 AM
You can't question the moderators here, at least they give you guys the opportunity to show just how classless you are, other forums don't let opposing teams fans the opportunity to say anything.

You guys really showed your class with the water bottle, and I'm not talking about D'antonis...
That is undoubtedly true. I still can't believe some of the stuff opposing fans are allowed to say here, but that is what makes this site so cool imo.

LaMarcus Bryant
05-18-2007, 12:17 AM
That is undoubtedly true. I still can't believe some of the stuff opposing fans are allowed to say here, but that is what makes this site so cool imo.

Ironic/Funny post of the week.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-18-2007, 12:21 AM
IMO The Suns have a horrible coach. He goes to the bitching card far too often. If your leader does that, how do you expect the rest to act?

I completely agree with this. Seriously, all he does is bitch and moan and yell "HUSTLE!". I mean I'm not a professional ballplayer, but a when D'Antoni's ranting and raving like a thirteen year old girl who lost her tampons, it doesn't exactly inspire confidence. This team is going to crash and burn when Nash retires.

BlackFlagg
05-18-2007, 12:22 AM

Hey, we're Spurs fans. Regardless of what SOME NBA fans think, we're still and always classy.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2007, 12:28 AM
Hey, we're Spurs fans. Regardless of what SOME NBA fans think, we're still and always classy.

but not always humble.

E20
05-18-2007, 12:31 AM
I've been hating the Suns ever since Game 2.

UV Ray
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Save that one for the Jazz if you don't choke this one away. Besides you burn your cults alive down there in Waco.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 12:55 AM
I believe you said it was going to be over in 4 or 5 from the beginning. In fact, most Spur fans on here disrespected the Suns and said it would be another quick series. Don't start jumping on the Nash bandwagon now after most of you called him the fake MVP for 2 years. Even your backhanded compliments aren't wanted.

And I wasn't one of those bitching about the suspensions - knowing that they would fire up the fans and the team. I was just afraid of the Suns being (a) too tired and (b) unable to score down the stretch, which is exactly what happened. If search were enabled, you could see where I said Burke/Jalen Rose needed to play because that would help keep guys like Thomas, Bell, and Nash rested for the long haul. Unfortunately, Mike D got too caught up in the moment to sit his players long enough... and he has way too much stock in Barbosa who can't handle the ball against a quality defensive team.

I thought the series would end in 6, but it was my mistake to think that Amare would be the deciding factor in having the series go that long. I definitely discounted the heart of Nash and overrated the heart of Stoudemire. Nash's being able to keep the fight and focus in his team even through all of D'Antoni and Stoudemire antics has been the really impressive thing about this series. I think he's burned after playing 47 hard minutes and will have a hard time being there in the end of this next game after no doubtedly playing big minutes through the 1st 3 Q, but we'll see.

jmard5
05-18-2007, 01:11 AM

Yup, we are acting like we won 3 rings. The Spurs play the the game that won them those 3 rings and they want to add one more. They want the Suns.

Sadly, The Suns organization and its fanbase just doesn't want totake any part of it. As a matter of fact, they're making all sorts of excuses and threats because they can't stand the heat.

Texas_Ranger
05-18-2007, 01:20 AM
I like the Suns.......NOT!

BlackFlagg
05-18-2007, 01:23 AM

but not always humble.

Hmm... you have a point. :spin

BlackFlagg
05-18-2007, 01:26 AM
I thought the series would end in 6, but it was my mistake to think that Amare would be the deciding factor in having the series go that long.

No shit. The Suns fans ought to be crucifying him instead of Horry.

Hell, one stupid hard foul... if we were the Pistons or the Lakers this wouldn't even be a footnote. Says a lot about the integrity of our organization...

Kamnik
05-18-2007, 01:42 AM
only guys i really like on the sun's side of the battlefield is Steve Nash and Marion

rest are douches pretty much

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2007, 01:48 AM
Save that one for the Jazz if you don't choke this one away. Besides you burn your cults alive down there in Waco.

thats how we do

UV Ray
05-18-2007, 01:56 AM
thats how we do

Right on dude. That's why you don't have any.

timvp
05-18-2007, 02:10 AM
I believe you said it was going to be over in 4 or 5 from the beginning. In fact, most Spur fans on here disrespected the Suns and said it would be another quick series.

I said it was a coin flip series coming into it. And it's pretty much played out that way. Either team could easily be up 3-2 right now.

Like I've said all along, I think the Spurs are a tad better than the Suns, but that's mostly nullified by homecourt advantage.

Game 6 is put up or shut up time for the Spurs. Hopefully they come ready to play because I know the Suns will.

Texas_Ranger
05-18-2007, 02:12 AM
http://www.nba.com/media/gorilla_627_070508.jpg

dbreiden83080
05-18-2007, 02:16 AM
Great post but there is no doubt as to how good these guys are. I admit better than i thought they would be against us. Game 7 will be a nightmare, Spurs need to end this thing tomorrow night and send the Suns into their offseason.

Budkin
05-18-2007, 02:22 AM
We better not blow it like we did last year at home in the second round.... finish it Spurs!

Nbadan
05-18-2007, 03:59 AM
Game 7, in Phoenix, with Horry back in the Spurs line-up. What kinda ratings (money) would that bring in for the league? Bet Stern is thinking about it.

timvp
05-18-2007, 05:13 AM
To clarify, most of the Sun fans that post on SpursTalk.com are cool. JMarkJohns is a quality poster and RonMexico has some spunk, to name a couple. I can respect those Sun fans.

It's the rest of the fan base and organization I have a problem with. :hat

cly2tw
05-18-2007, 05:31 AM

Believe.

Emm, did your players cheat-shot the Lakers' players the way they did to the Suns? It looks almost every non-Spurs fan became a Suns fan all of a sudden. :clap :madrun

MannyIsGod
05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Emm, did your players cheat-shot the Lakers' players the way they did to the Suns? It looks almost every non-Spurs fan became a Suns fan all of a sudden. :clap :madrunThe Suns and their fans are just being bitches. Cheap shots? Jesus Christ take a look at the way basketball was played in the 80s. You guys don't know shit about cheap shots.

Strike
05-18-2007, 05:42 AM
Emm, did your players cheat-shot the Lakers' players the way they did to the Suns? It looks almost every non-Spurs fan became a Suns fan all of a sudden. :clap :madrun

Bandwagons are popular with tools.

greensborohill
05-18-2007, 06:57 AM

I can't understand your hip hop mumbo jumbo, type in plain english moron!!!

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 07:22 AM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

:lmao :lmao :lmao

BruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuTAL!!!

ambchang
05-18-2007, 07:30 AM

Interpretation: Hahaha, I am so good at pissing off people by showing how ignorant I am.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 07:36 AM

:wtf

First, I know you aren't directing your comments to me, but I'd like to add a couple of things, please...

I'm not a fan of gross generalizations, meaning I scratch my head at your "most Spurs fans" comment. I'm not sure who is jumping on which bandwagon, but fans do have the right to do that. They ultimately are responsible for cutting players' paychecks. They can sway their opinion however they want. Its cheap compensation for the high price of attending games, purchasing merchandise etc.

I see where you are going with this. Bandwagon, hypocritical fans are annoying. However, you when you say "most Spurs fans", that's a little too all-encompassing, don't you think? Speaking for myself, I don't think I've ever uttered a negative comment about Steve Nash. But if I did, who really cares!?

SpursWoman
05-18-2007, 07:39 AM

Most of the time we think it's pretty funny. My personal favorite is when fans of other teams introduce themselves by walking into our *house* and shitting all over the carpet, so to speak ... and then demand to be taken seriously and to be respected, like automatically we're actually supposed to GAF what they have to say.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 07:40 AM

No, the Feds were on the scene, dumb ass.

DarrinS
05-18-2007, 07:41 AM
You know, I don't recall Spurs fans crying like the Suns fans when Juwan Howard took out Derek Anderson with a flagrant foul -- AND DEREK WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED.

Did Spurs fans do bomb threats and throw shit on the court?

And we're the one's that aren't "classy"? WTF?

SpursWoman
05-18-2007, 07:42 AM

Actually, Waco would be "up there" from here. :lol

DarrinS
05-18-2007, 07:44 AM

:clap :clap :clap

Extra Stout
05-18-2007, 08:01 AM
Janet Reno is from Florida. Go back to high school and try again.

to21
05-18-2007, 08:14 AM

We don't have to, you have a guy on your squad that took one on a Laker last year. Remember the clothesline? Of course not, you guys don't take cheap shots.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 08:37 AM
However, you when you say "most Spurs fans", that's a little too all-encompassing, don't you think?

Ron has been doing that pretty much his entire time here which is kind of surprising because judging by a lot of his takes, he seems smarter than that.

tmtcsc
05-18-2007, 08:52 AM

Why are you here ? Why aren't you at the Dirk MVP / Top Reg Season Record parade ? Hell, I think I heard something about a Mavs Draft Party. Go away....Buh Bye...Buh.................Bye. BYE NOW.

P.S> Jason Richardson just made another 3 on you

tmtcsc
05-18-2007, 08:54 AM
You know, I don't recall Spurs fans crying like the Suns fans when Juwan Howard took out Derek Anderson with a flagrant foul -- AND DEREK WAS SERIOUSLY INJURED.

Did Spurs fans do bomb threats and throw shit on the court?

And we're the one's that aren't "classy"? WTF?

Sheeeeeeeeeeiiiit. His head never recovered after that hit.
He coat-tailed Wade and got his ring after all.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 09:10 AM

All this free time on your hands (with your team no longer playing and all) and that is the best you can come up with?
:smokin

suns in 7
05-18-2007, 09:30 AM
Yup, we are acting like we won 3 rings. The Spurs play the the game that won them those 3 rings and they want to add one more. They want the Suns.

Sadly, The Suns organization and its fanbase just doesn't want totake any part of it. As a matter of fact, they're making all sorts of excuses and threats because they can't stand the heat.

Nice sack! I don't care what you say about the team or the fans, just quit whining like little girls over a plastic water bottle. Very effeminate for Texas.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 09:40 AM

Actually, I did like Game 5. It could've gone either way as it came down to one basket in the last few minutes. It showed that the Suns can beat the Spurs even with Amare and Boris gone. Game well played by both teams.

Game 6 will certainly be exciting to watch. Already, I read Spurs fans posts which are hedging by citing an allegedly coming ref-handover of the game to the Suns.

Also, LOL, Spurs fans were already cursing their own team in the first half of Game 5. What kind of support is that? Sorry that was just funny to read.

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2007, 09:42 AM
No hedge here. The Suns will be dispatched tonight and then the forum will be inundated with Latter Day Saints trolls.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 09:43 AM
Also, LOL, Spurs fans were already cursing their own team in the first half of Game 5. What kind of support is that? Sorry that was just funny to read.

And they got reamed for it too! :lol

But can you really blame them? The Spurs looked like they were throwing the game away in the first quarter... 13 points?!?

That said, I'd rather the Spurs be down in the first and up in the end. That's all that matters.

suns in 7
05-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Are Spurs fans already making excuses for a loss tonight? C'mon. The refs haven't handed these games to anyone. Each team has gotten beat on their own.

Unbelieveable.

I'll say it again...ACT LIKE YOU HAVE THREE RINGS INSTEAD OF THREE VAGINAS

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 09:46 AM
No hedge here. The Suns will be dispatched tonight and then the forum will be inundated with Latter Day Saints trolls.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:09 AM
Remember the clothesline? Of course not, you guys don't take cheap shots.

Of course we remember the clothesline. It was not a cheap shot. It was not an action that Raja tried to hide from the refs and hoped that he would get away with it. It was Raja telling Kobe, "Stop throwing elbows at my face and play some real basketball." Kobe got the message in a way he understands. He and Raja now show a mutual respect. They play each other hard but not surprisingly, no more elbows.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Of course we remember the clothesline. It was not a cheap shot. It was not an action that Raja tried to hide from the refs and hoped that he would get away with it. It was Raja telling Kobe, "Stop throwing elbows at my face and play some real basketball." Kobe got the message in a way he understands. He and Raja now show a mutual respect. They play each other hard but not surprisingly, no more elbows.

You're not allowed to criticize Bowen or Horry every again.

Spurminator
05-18-2007, 10:14 AM
:lmao

Thank you for this thread, timvp. I wish I'd seen it earlier.

The pissing and moaning in this series has far exceeded any other Playoff series involving the Spurs that I can remember, and I live in fucking Dallas.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:16 AM

I am not a Mormon but I don't really see the point of polygamy when any young man can just go on meeting women for hookups and maintain a harem of f-buddies. At least the Mormons have the courage to marry them all. LOL

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 10:17 AM

I forgot...that was "good defense"

So because someone does not try to hide their transgression...that makes it ok?

to21
05-18-2007, 10:21 AM

WTF? OMG! :lol

Ah yes, the phantom elbows. It wasn't because he was getting OWNED by Kobe:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6n6POS9AIM

It's funny how you have never heard Kobe call BB out.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:25 AM
I forgot...that was "good defense"

So because someone does not try to hide their transgression...that makes it ok?

Because the action is not hidden or even intended to be hidden, by definition, it cannot be called a cheap shot. Whether it is right or wrong is another question altogether. I happen to think it was wrong.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
Because the action is not hidden or even intended to be hidden, by definition, it cannot be called a cheap shot. Whether it is right or wrong is another question altogether. I happen to think it was wrong.

So Horry did not "cheap shot" Nash?

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Ah yes, the phantom elbows.

Yes, Manu got a taste of Kobe's unique and allegedly very natural shooting stroke earlier this season, right? Was that a cheap shot? I think it was.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
I always thought a "cheap shot" was just a unnecessary and rough foul.

I mean, if you punch someone in a basketball game, that's not a "cheap shot"?

This is Free Dictionary's definition:

cheap shot - an illegal and unsportsmanlike act of unnecessary violence; "he called a penalty on them when the lineman took a cheap shot at the quarterback"

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:33 AM
So Horry did not "cheap shot" Nash?

According to Nash, it was just a hard foul which took the form of a hip check. He could've just grabbed Nash and stopped his run IMO which would've had the same effect -- a foul and a stop of the clock.

Whether it was a cheap shot or not depends on whether Horry was trying to injure Nash while trying to disguise it as just another hard foul. Unfortunately, I don't know what Horry was thinking at the time.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I would call Horry's shot cheap: It was unnecessary and unsportsmanlike.

I don't think Bowen's knee to Nash's groin was cheap, that was just normal contact in a playoff basketball game. (I really don't believe Bowen was intentionally trying to hurt Nash).

kps0001
05-18-2007, 10:46 AM

I guess the shit really does start at the top and trickle down. Explains alot about this place.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 10:47 AM
I guess the shit really does start at the top and trickle down. Explains alot about this place.

No one is asking you or forcing you to stay.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM

WE may hate Suns fans, but Kori has always been cool about Pheonix.

Try again.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM
I would call Horry's shot cheap: It was unnecessary and unsportsmanlike.

We all do unsportsmanlike things at one time or another. It seemed like Horry was frustrated at the time. It would've been good if he helped Nash up after he realized that the hit turned out harder than expected.

kps0001
05-18-2007, 10:57 AM
I agree. I like Koris posts. This particular thread I don't believe was started by Kori. Isn't this duude her husband or something?

I am staying only so I can hear all the wonderful posts by Spurs fans when the Suns take this in 7. Otherwise there is just too much bickering and name calling much akin to an elementary school playground. Tis why I have hardly posted much here all week. It gets pretty played out imo.

Some people here a cool and I can have decent conversations with so it certainly isn't a all inclusive issue. Its that way on all boards though. I was on several other teams boards(Jazz, GS, Chicago) during these playoffs mainly just reading. Most if not all were basically mirror images of this place and other suns and spurs boards. It was kinda funny actually regarding the similiarities.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 10:58 AM
Some people here a cool and I can have decent conversations with so it certainly isn't a all inclusive issue.

I agree with you...sadly there are some Suns fans who like to drop the "All you Spurs fans are ....." card. Between that and the city/state smack flying from both sides...there are some real dipshits involved.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 10:59 AM
I am staying only so I can hear all the wonderful posts by Spurs fans when the Suns take this in 7.

If the Suns win...they deserve the credit for a tough victory and many here will acknoweldge that...If the Spurs win...will you do the same?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2007, 11:13 AM
This thread has lost its focus.

It's winning time. Right now. F the Suns. F Suns' fans. F Phoenix. There's time to make nice after this series is over. Enough of the bellyaching about who is or isn't dirty; about whether suspensions are or are not right; about who's whining and who's just playing. This series doesn't need the soap opera element. It's time that the off-the-court stories cease.

Just win, baby.

kps0001
05-18-2007, 11:27 AM
If the Suns win...they deserve the credit for a tough victory and many here will acknoweldge that...If the Spurs win...will you do the same?

Yup..I will gracefully acknowledge the better team winning without relying on any "dirty" tactic excuses, blamng the refs, blah blah blah..excuses. I don't know if I can root for the Spurs if they continue on against the Jazz I honestly don't really know how much I will even watch if the Suns do go out. If I do watch it will be pretty casual watching here and there. I really only care for Timmay as a Spur. Always have liked him but, unfortunately, I don't care for any of the other players.

That has nothing to do with our rivalry but for the simple fact I don't like their style of play. They all might be great citizens and do alot for communities and such but as far as the game of basketball I would rather watch paint dry than a Spurs game. I don't really mean that as a jab at your team but it is just how I have felt for the past few years. Having a team like the Suns to follow with their style of play and then to contrast that drastically with the style of play of the Spurs hopefully you can see my point a little bit. It would be like driving a ferrari my whole life and then to try to get used to driving a minivan. With that being said I could watch Timmay abuse players and the glass in his low post play all night long. It is a thing of beauty.

Honestly, both teams have had the opportunity to take a huge advantage in this series but neither has been able to do jump on it and go for the jugular. That is something SA has been really good at doing. I knew coming into this series that this would go, more than likely, 7 games just given the history of past results or our series the past few years. Not having anything to do with NBA conspiracy BS or anything but simply these teams really do have a great rivalry going with SA getting the better of us by far. While the Jazz and GS series had a few good moments we would all be pretty pissed off if this series didn't take place. Maybe not pissed off but bored as hell trying to make it through some of the other games out there. The east matchups and games have been pretty horrendous.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 11:45 AM
Yup..I will gracefully acknowledge the better team winning without relying on any "dirty" tactic excuses, blamng the refs, blah blah blah..excuses. I don't know if I can root for the Spurs if they continue on against the Jazz I honestly don't really know how much I will even watch if the Suns do go out. If I do watch it will be pretty casual watching here and there.

I'm like you. If the Spurs are eliminated, I MAY watch a game or two passively. I'm just a diehard Spurs fan, otherwise not much of an NBA fan. I'm more into college basketball and the NFL.

sweetjess
05-18-2007, 12:00 PM
that just proves to you that the suns fans are acting like little kids...and as for us spurs fans we don't act like that...F**k the suns and all their fans because in the end of game 5 who got the last laugh..we did bitches......

ambchang
05-18-2007, 12:16 PM

It's winning time. Right now. F the Suns. F Suns' fans. F Phoenix. There's time to make nice after this series is over. Enough of the bellyaching about who is or isn't dirty; about whether suspensions are or are not right; about who's whining and who's just playing. This series doesn't need the soap opera element. It's time that the off-the-court stories cease.

Just win, baby.

In my couple years posting here, I don't think I have see a stretch where you are as emotional as you are right now.
And to be honest, the bickering, blaming and whining of the Suns' players are getting on my skin too. So Spurs, please wrap this up in 6 games, I am sick of explaining to someone that basketball is a contact sport.

Spurminator
05-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I hope AT&T Center is as vigorous in its Suns animosity as this thread is.

SpursWoman
05-18-2007, 12:28 PM
In my couple years posting here, I don't think I have see a stretch where you are as emotional as you are right now.
And to be honest, the bickering, blaming and whining of the Suns' players are getting on my skin too. So Spurs, please wrap this up in 6 games, I am sick of explaining to someone that basketball is a contact sport.

No kidding ... FWD actually spelled out the word "fuck" yesterday. That was pretty hot. :lol :smokin

Ed Helicopter Jones
05-18-2007, 12:36 PM

Just win, baby.

What he said.

I don't want this thing going back to the Drama Queen Desert.

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2007, 03:16 PM
How is this thread falling off of the first page?

This is timvp vitriol at its all time best. I am more emotional than usual, because I've really grown sick and tired of all the nonsense in this series. I've never seen anything like this -- even the Seattle crybabies and the obnoxious Mavs fans we've dealt with were nothing like this crap.

The whole world is against the Spurs? F'em! What else is new? \

Get this bitch done.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Damn, FWD stepping up the intensity in the postseason. Kori may have to suspend him for a few games after owning Suns fan too damn hard.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Damn, FWD stepping up the intensity in the postseason. Kori may have to suspend him for a few games after owning Suns fan too damn hard.

As long as he stays on the bench, he'll be fine.

F the Suns is right. It's time to kick the tires and light the fires.

spurs_fan_in_exile
05-18-2007, 03:33 PM
F the Suns is right. It's time to kick the tires and light the fires.

Time to kick the Achilles and light the Phillies. :smokin

UV Ray
05-18-2007, 04:19 PM
No, the Feds were on the scene, dumb ass.
Yeah right, they were all flown in from Washington. :lol You're an idiot...it was the Texas based ATF . Agents approached the site in cattle trailers pulled by pickup trucks owned by individual ATF agents. Texans dude.

timvp
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
http://spurstalk.com/manusurgeon.jpg

Kori Ellis
05-18-2007, 05:19 PM

I am staying only so I can hear all the wonderful posts by Spurs fans when the Suns take this in 7. Otherwise there is just too much bickering and name calling much akin to an elementary school playground. Tis why I have hardly posted much here all week. It gets pretty played out imo.

kps0001
Total Posts: 200 (18.19 posts per day)

And yes, the topic starter is my husband.

FromWayDowntown
05-19-2007, 02:30 AM
Suns fans -- you have a great basketball team, and you might have gotten a bad rap during this series. It was great to see such wonderful basketball. I'm obviously glad the Spurs won, but I think you guys have a chance to make another run at this thing in 2007-08. Best of luck, and thank you for a wonderful playoff series!

kps0001
05-19-2007, 02:42 AM
kps0001
Total Posts: 200 (18.19 posts per day)

And yes, the topic starter is my husband.

LOL...I think it my posts per day dropped off a bit more this week versus last. I think you run a cool board, which is why I have still been posting, and you have a few good posters. Not so sure about hubby yet :p: Just kidding.

I gave my props to the Spurs in another thread so I aint gonna do it again. It was hard enough the first time. I might pop in from time to time during the Jazz series to see how you guys are abusing them too. If nothing else for the comical factor of some of the aforementioned school yard kids that obviously love their team. If not maybe I will see ya next year if we meet again in the post season.

timvp
05-15-2022, 11:15 PM

Believe.

Damn, don't remember why I was so salty :lol

I was looking for that pic of the Suns fans and ran into this thread. I have forgotten the context but it looks like timvp wasn't pleased.

baseline bum
05-15-2022, 11:22 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/sunsfansowned.jpg

29:42 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFqEU6R5RRo

JPB
05-16-2022, 01:15 AM
29:42 mark

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFqEU6R5RRo

Bobo :cry