PDA

View Full Version : Food for thought...

pooh
05-17-2007, 08:27 PM
If you're the Suns and you're say down 10 with under a minute left, do you go "Horry" on someone near the Spurs bench just for revenge and see if they get "involved?" Something to think about.

SpursWoman
05-17-2007, 08:28 PM
The Suns would never stoop to the dirty Spur's level. Sorry.

ChumpDumper
05-17-2007, 08:29 PM
That would be about as stupid as all your whiny Pacer posts today.

pooh
05-17-2007, 08:30 PM
The Suns would never stoop to the dirty Spur's level. Sorry.

Yeah that would below decietful right? :)

exstatic
05-17-2007, 08:33 PM
If the Spurs on the court didn't start a tussle after that cheap undercut on Elson earlier in game 5, it ain't gonna happen. Don't think the Spurs aren't considering this as a possibility, either. They'll be on guard, and since the Suns play a 7 man rotation, and have proven that they don't trust anyone further down, if they want to handicap themselves in game 7 with a player in their 7 being surely suspended, go for it.

L.I.T
05-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Suns players and coaches are the most consistent and level-headed I've ever seen. Their hypocrisy rating is zero. Of course not.

YoMamaIsCallin
05-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Are you Hubie Brown?

RonMexico
05-17-2007, 08:36 PM
I certainly hope not... that was something I expressed to my friend eariler - that if they come up short in Game 6, they leave the court with dignity.

GrandeDavid
05-17-2007, 08:38 PM
They wouldn't do that. The Suns would try to take the high road.

pooh
05-17-2007, 08:39 PM
It is something for the Spurs to look out for...realistically it won't happen, but it's something to consider.

ImpartialObserver
05-17-2007, 08:40 PM
Was any Spurs fan nervous when they saw Pat Burke on the floor yesterday?

cheguevara
05-17-2007, 08:41 PM
they could have used a hard foul. no problem. Spurs bench is actually smart enough to stay on their spots. so hard fould, some altercation, but no spurs suspended.

that's the way end of game 4 should have gone. except Amare and Diaw are 2 dumb motherfuckers.

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 08:59 PM
You mean like Steve Nash did to Avery Johnson? The Spurs don't respond to that. Bring it the fuck on.

smrattler
05-17-2007, 09:03 PM
I think if the Suns saw they were about to lose the game, they would take the "high road" and try to at least save face and still be viewed as the "good guys". And in the minds of their deranged fans, also the guys that would've won a title if not for all the injustice in the world.

Yeah, pansies. :)

nkdlunch
05-17-2007, 09:06 PM
Black Jesus would rather turn gatorade into wine than deliver a hard foul

:lmao

cherylsteele
05-17-2007, 09:12 PM
If you're the Suns and you're say down 10 with under a minute left, do you go "Horry" on someone near the Spurs bench just for revenge and see if they get "involved?" Something to think about.
I am sure it is in the back of the Spurs' minds but you can't let that interfere with you playing the game. All this has been an unfortunate circumstance and that will only make worse. Plus people will start to dislike the Suns because they would brought it down to the Spurs level (not that I agree with the thought). People will see it as retaliation a feel the Suns' are still mentally soft.

gino>yourlife
05-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Are you Hubie Brown?

i thought i smelled formaldehyde

Clutch20
05-17-2007, 09:43 PM
There were some on the Mavs forums in Dallas that wanted the Mavs to be more "physical," like the Spurs, because that was the only way to get a championship. The notion of having raised the amount of physicality in these latest round of playoff games has been whipped up to a mean froth by certain electronic media outlets. Bash = success and victories, but unless you have the savvy and experience to wield the mace correctly and efficiently, it'll be just another frenzied group of nose-bleeding ballers running around delaying games and muddying up the waters.
Handcuffs, anyone?

Obstructed_View
05-17-2007, 09:50 PM
The Spurs have had opponents justify any number of dirty tactics in the past. This song is nothing new. It'll be fun listening to them bitch over the next year.

bonesinaz
05-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Are you Hubie Brown?

It can't be...Hubie goes back into his sarcophagus between games.

FromWayDowntown
05-17-2007, 10:02 PM
He can't be Hubie -- Hubie would have made some reference to "the painted area," and would have used the word "Now" about 4 times in that hypothetical.

Mijo
05-17-2007, 10:09 PM
It's strange to me. Prior to this series we were a team that never stood up to anyone due to a hard foul. Years ago Dave got hit in the nuts by Karl Malone and noone responded and alas we've been labeled soft since. Now after a couple of games we the "Detroit Bad Boys". :lol

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 11:38 PM
He can't be Hubie -- Hubie would have made some reference to "the painted area," and would have used the word "Now" about 4 times in that hypothetical.

"Aight?"

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:53 PM

Now, number one, players, they aren't stupid. And, first of all, you know they don't want to get suspended. But, also, then, OK, number one, if you're the Suns, OK, you've got to play smarter than that. And I don't think, but wait a minute, first of all, what I don't like about that is that, you know, OK, number one, there is a difference between a hard foul and a dirty foul, because, OK, first of all, this is the playoffs.

baseline bum
05-17-2007, 11:55 PM
I certainly hope not... that was something I expressed to my friend eariler - that if they come up short in Game 6, they leave the court with dignity.

Like Raja Bell in game 5 vs LA last year?

BlackFlagg
05-17-2007, 11:57 PM

You really think you've come up with an original thought, don't you? :rolleyes

BlackFlagg
05-17-2007, 11:59 PM
I think if the Suns saw they were about to lose the game, they would take the "high road" and try to at least save face and still be viewed as the "good guys". And in the minds of their deranged fans, also the guys that would've won a title if not for all the injustice in the world.

Yeah, pansies. :)

:lmao :lmao :lmao

AMEN.

Marcus Bryant
05-18-2007, 12:00 AM
Like Raja Bell in game 5 vs LA last year?

That's the primary reason for the "dirty" campaign. The Suns are like that guy each and every one of us knows who rails against something (adultery, bad tipping, etc) when they are the biggest culprit.

Stargazer
05-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Out of curiousity, what was the reaction around here to Bell's clothesline of Kobe last year? Not what you think now, but what was said then. Dirty play? Kobe deserved it? Both?

BlackFlagg
05-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Here's one for ya: The Spurs have SUCH a great reputation that one hard foul is the talk of the league.

Wow... says more about our integrity than anyone else's.

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Out of curiousity, what was the reaction around here to Bell's clothesline of Kobe last year? Not what you think now, but what was said then. Dirty play? Kobe deserved it? Both?

I remember coming on here and saying it was dirty and that Raja possibly ruined the series for the Suns and his reputation in Phoenix. Luckily that didn't happen, and his rep was solidified when he saved the series against the Clips and gutted out the torn calf against Dallas. However, I did also say that if the Suns won in 7, I would look back on the body slam with fondness and humor because who doesn't want to see Kobe get decked?

Secondly, I know some Spurs fans on here liked the play and were laughing about it - it only became "dirty" after the Amare comments and the Horry foul. It wasn't a smart thing for Raja to do, but you know what? It sure took that "soft" tag off the Suns pretty quickly in that series.

The Bell hate is crazy around here because you have two guys (Bowen and Manu) who do the exact same things he does. One would think you'd have built some kind of respect for a player who can flop to pick up bullshit calls late in the game and who also can deliver some deceptive dirty shots here and there. You know that Bell got a game suspension earlier this year for popping Andrea B up in Toronto in the nuts? I didn't even see the play in real time or on replays and I had to go back and watch my DVR to see when he did it because no foul was even called on the play - sure enough, it was blatant and intentional but no different that when Bowen kicked Ray Allen in the back and even more deceptive than when Bruce kneed Nash in the groin.

And please stop using the "Nash was invading his personal space" argument because if that were the case, then Nash could pop Bowen about 7 times a game in this series and Suns fans could hide behind the same defense.

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:12 AM
Here's one for ya: The Spurs have SUCH a great reputation that one hard foul is the talk of the league.

Wow... says more about our integrity than anyone else's.

And there was no reaction to the Bell clothesline last year :rolleyes

There were no words exchanged among Raja, Kobe and Phil AT ALL

:pctoss

Rick Von Braun
05-18-2007, 12:17 AM

:lmao

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM
And please stop using the "Nash was invading his personal space" argument because if that were the case, then Nash could pop Bowen about 7 times a game in this series and Suns fans could hide behind the same defense.

Opponents Bowen guards try to do it all the time, either with the knee or with a shoulder/elbow. The difference is that Bruce being the experienced pressure defender that he is knows that's how you back someone off so he moves his feet and slides back into position to avoid getting hit. If Nash had any experience actually defending anyone, he'd know to do the same. Unfortunately it was uncharted waters for Nash and he made a rookie mistake.

ducks
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM
SUNS WOULD DO THAT I WILL GO UP THERE AND HAVE TO OPEN A CAN OF WHIP ASS :pctoss :pctoss :pctoss :madrun :madrun