PDA

View Full Version : Good Suns Board?

Stargazer
05-17-2007, 11:22 PM
Can anyone point me to a good Suns message board?

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:24 PM
It is fundamentally impossible for a good Suns board to exist.

dknights411
05-17-2007, 11:25 PM
You're asking us? We're probably all banned from all of them at this point! :lol

Morphgizmo
05-17-2007, 11:26 PM
I've always enjoyed reading http://phxsuns.net/

BlackFlagg
05-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Can anyone point me to a good Suns message board?

That's an oxymoron. Can't be done.

Stargazer
05-17-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah, phxsuns.net is great, but they don't let new users join.

Marcus Bryant
05-17-2007, 11:29 PM
spurstalk.com

RonMexico
05-17-2007, 11:40 PM
They all suck - why do you think I'm here?

Besides, it's much more fun to stir the pot with some debate on the competition's turf.

dknights411
05-17-2007, 11:46 PM

Besides, it's much more fun to stir the pot with some debate on the competition's turf.

Which is why the other boards suck. They'll ban you if you try to diss the ushers at their arena!!! :spin

Stargazer
05-17-2007, 11:49 PM
How come the Kings and Pistons have their own forum here?

Trainwreck2100
05-17-2007, 11:54 PM

that's a good question

Extra Stout
05-17-2007, 11:58 PM
Because Pistons fans are awesome and Kings fans are funny.

If this site ever starts a nursery, you can go post there.

duncan228
05-17-2007, 11:59 PM
The Pistons fans for the most part are OK.
I don't know much about the Kings fans.
Didn't Kori give them both a home because there weren't any good forums for them?

duncan228
05-18-2007, 12:01 AM

It says new users can't join at this time. Maybe after the Playoffs they'll open it up and all the Suns fans can go there!

OldDirtMcGirt
05-18-2007, 12:10 AM
The ASFN has some decent discussion and is pretty lively, but it's kind of lame that they'll ban you for breathing on them wrong.

ducks
05-18-2007, 12:11 AM
suns might get a forum here if they behave and not ask right away and kori ask about it

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:14 AM
Here's a bet - if Robert Horry doesn't play in Game 6, then the Suns fans get a forum on here...

Stargazer
05-18-2007, 12:16 AM
suns might get a forum here if they behave and not ask right away and kori ask about it

I'm not quite sure what you said, but it sounds reasonable. Seems like the Suns and Spurs will be seeing each other for a few years to come.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 12:20 AM
Given the weasel-like quality of the Suns organization and many of the Suns fans that have been here over the last week and a half I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your own forum here. When timvp starts a thread stating "fuck the Suns and fuck their fans", or something to that extent, that's not a good sign for getting your own board here.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-18-2007, 12:22 AM
Given the weasel-like quality of the Suns organization and many of the Suns fans that have been here over the last week and a half I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for your own forum here. When timvp starts a thread stating "fuck the Suns and fuck their fans", or something to that extent, that's not a good sign for getting your own board here.

I'm pretty sure most of the water bottle throwers have left after the suspension deal was totally driven into the ground.

dknights411
05-18-2007, 12:23 AM
Here's a bet - if Robert Horry doesn't play in Game 6, then the Suns fans get a forum on here...

What kind of a bet is THAT?

BlackFlagg
05-18-2007, 12:25 AM

It's called a sure thing, son.
:lol

Despot
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM
I'm not quite sure what you said, but it sounds reasonable. Seems like the Suns and Spurs will be seeing each other for a few years to come.

You'll have to forgive him, he's from Arizona.

leemajors
05-18-2007, 12:27 AM

we have plenty of reasonable suns fans that have been here since 05, and a couple of the new ones are levelheaded.

ducks
05-18-2007, 12:30 AM
piston fans are cool that is why they have their forum

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:32 AM

It's called a sucker's bet... haha

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 12:33 AM
we have plenty of reasonable suns fans that have been here since 05, and a couple of the new ones are levelheaded.

Thank you - now, may I introduce to you the wonderful world of dogfighting?

leemajors
05-18-2007, 12:35 AM
Thank you - now, may I introduce to you the wonderful world of dogfighting?
only if you and Doug Collins take me by the Super Wal-Mart in College Station for beer first.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 12:36 AM

Enough to get their own board?

I was just saying... the owner of the board didn't sound too endearing to the Suns after saying "F the Suns"

Despot
05-18-2007, 12:38 AM
The Spurs and Piston fans here have an odd kind off battlescar kinship and mutual respect. We disagree at times, agree at others, but usually have the same outlook. It's like brothers who have different favorite teams.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-18-2007, 12:41 AM

I was just saying... the owner of the board didn't sound too endearing to the Suns after saying "F the Suns"

...maybe it was just tough love :depressed

leemajors
05-18-2007, 12:43 AM

i think you are forgetting the initial wave of kings fans last year.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 12:47 AM
i think you are forgetting the initial wave of kings fans last year.
possibly, I've only been here for about a year but I do remember a ton of asshole kings fans. And now we're left with the likes of fillmoe.

jmard5
05-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Suns fans can use the NBA News Central. :lol

cly2tw
05-18-2007, 05:56 AM
I'm a regular at here:

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Martin R
05-18-2007, 07:32 AM
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a207/jrod1986/duncanfamily.jpg

this was posted in the phxsuns.net board.

DarrinS
05-18-2007, 07:35 AM
I'm a regular at here:

That one seriously sucks. I got banned almost right away. I wasn't trolling, just trying to engage people in serious debate. But, whatever.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 08:42 AM
RonMexico
Spreading the joys of herpes and dogfighting to all of God's children

:lmao

Good one, Ron. :tu

CubanMustGo
05-18-2007, 08:57 AM
That one seriously sucks. I got banned almost right away. I wasn't trolling, just trying to engage people in serious debate. But, whatever.

This is the very first post in the sticky and tells you all you need to know:

those who insist are claiming that us Suns fans do not have a illegitimate gripe and contest any remarks in that regards will be banned. We have every right to rant/vent. This ruling is emphatic expletive, expletive.....

and here is their "playoff policy":

So this is how it's going to work this playoff season.

There is going to be a no-tolerance policy. If you step over the line, the moderators WILL ban you under the following guidelines:

1. If you are a regular poster, you will be given a break solely based on what you did to deserve it. An automatic day-ban will be handed out, and it could become longer after discussion between moderators.

2. If you are not a regular poster, but a fan visiting from another team, and you break the rules, spam, insult the regulars here or cause general mayhem, you will be banned from the site completely.

Finally...if there happens to be a big loss which results in Suns fans being upset and ticked off, we will give you a LITTLE latitude following the game...but it will be cut-off TWO HOURS after the loss and anything after that will be punishable once again by banning. If you do cross a major line during that two-hour period, you could be banned anyways, so do control yourself.

Please...be adults, have good discussions and if you are opposing fans, come here to talk basketball and not turn this place into a three-ring circus.

So, basically unless you suck D'Antoni off you are going to get banned. They should call that board SunsCircleJerk.com.

Man of Steel
05-18-2007, 10:05 AM
I've gotten banned so many times from their shitty boards I can't even keep count.

BTW--that is an oxymoron, you know.

Dave McNulla
05-18-2007, 10:35 AM

i agree. i have a higher post count on mavstalk than here. but right now, they literally dead (suicide, i think).

reading and not replying is boring. suns forums need to stop being so scared of other teams' fans.

Shelly
05-18-2007, 11:18 AM

:lol

Welcome to the official language of Yuma...Duckese!

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 01:58 PM
only if you and Doug Collins take me by the Super Wal-Mart in College Station for beer first.

That might be diffuclt - they only stock 3 kinds right now: cow piss, rat piss, and 'Horn piss.

Budweiser might be coming by the end of July!

Kori Ellis
05-18-2007, 02:19 PM

I don't get this concept. Why do some other forums close new registrations during the playoffs? Several other teams' forums did it last year too. The playoffs are the time you can attract the most new users and hopefully then keep them thereafter.

I can understand closing new registrations for a couple hours after a big loss, so as not to get spammed with trolls and bashers. But closing your forum to new registrations throughout the playoffs is stupid to me.

Anyway, welcome to SpursTalk.

BeerIsGood!
05-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I don't get this concept. Why do some other forums close new registrations during the playoffs? Several other teams' forums did it last year too. The playoffs are the time you can attract the most new users and hopefully then keep them thereafter.

I can understand closing new registrations for a couple hours after a big loss, so as not to get spammed with trolls and bashers. But closing your forum to new registrations throughout the playoffs is stupid to me.

What you say makes perfect sense to people who run a board that promotes discussion from those with different view points. It seems that many other boards are basically run as a sounding board for only the fans of that team to cry to each other and make excuses for losses without rational thought.

Stargazer
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
In their defense, phxsuns.net has been closed all year. My sense is that they don't see it as a public forum at all anymore. They like their group, and are only interested in talking amongst themselves. Which is fine -- it's a decent board to read -- but it gets stale after a while. I already know what everybody is gonna say before and after each game, because they always say the same things. I wouldn't say SpursTalk is balanced (obviously, it's called SPURSTalk for a reason) but at least you get a variety of viewpoints, and there's always somebody around to give you the other side.

Purple & Gold
05-18-2007, 02:33 PM

Translation

It's fun to get my ass handed to me all the time. :madrun

smeagol
05-18-2007, 02:36 PM

Not everybody welcomes fans from other teams.

Not everybody is as pacient like you are with abnoxious posters.

In short, not everybody runs their forums like you do.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2007, 02:39 PM
In their defense, phxsuns.net has been closed all year. My sense is that they don't see it as a public forum at all anymore. They like their group, and are only interested in talking amongst themselves.

That makes sense. They just made it into a private forum that can still be viewed by guests, I guess.

Kori Ellis
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Not everybody welcomes fans from other teams.

Not everybody is as pacient like you are with abnoxious posters.

In short, not everybody runs their forums like you do.

True, I prefer wild group interaction to the circle jerk, I guess. :lol

Johnny RIngo
05-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm a regular at here:

Pathetic excuse for a forum. Bunch of sensitive pussies on that board. Got banned after 1 post.