PDA

View Full Version : A Px for All Lakers Fans and a Dx

Rummpd
11-27-2004, 08:04 AM
Dear LakerGod et. al.

Px = chill, rest, turn off your anger, and get some warm liquids (warm milk, moderate but not excessive ETOH whatever).
Dx = Sub-Clinical (on the way to clinical) Depression based on sublimating your regressed hate and disgust for own current team onto this site on that of the classy Spurs fans (who without the fawning media, stick through thick and thin with a totally classy organization and players).

Tonight you realize that having one hyped and hyped again superstar (and not one that can carry a team for a season/championship ala Duncan) is just not going to get it done. Professionally speaking, I know it hurt so bad to lose at home vs. the Kings of all people. But, you simply must relax and get over it.

In Psychiatry terms it seems like you are venting your frustration against a dominant team's fans = who have done nothing except support faithfully the team you realize is most likely to steal the media thunder and hype for the over-stated, already past Laker Dominance. You got your gift px last year in the X&job of Fisher's shot and then reality struck when you played another real team in the finals =- relax and enjoy your "energized, high voltage team" and your KobeGod etc.

That being said it is going to be a very,very long season for Kobe, Odom, the MadFlopper and the Smurfs. Enjoy your 45-47 win season and in the Spring you can and should simply turn off the TV after your first round loss and go walk in the sand, stroll down Rodeo Blvs. or something.

Don't displace your anger so much at the growing dominance of the Spurs - it will lead to even stronger mental health problems for you down the road.

Regards,

MadDoc

adidas11
11-28-2004, 07:23 PM
?

Medvedenko
11-28-2004, 07:45 PM
What's wrong with People....we can't win every year...I like your post...it's flattering. I'm surprised that you still think of the Lakers this much...funny indeed. Teams have ups and down, but don't compare the Lakers to the Spurs...we still have won way more than your team in the last 24 years. You have a lot of catching up to do...keep yapping, it's comical that you need to vent like this.

Rummpd
11-28-2004, 09:15 PM
What have you really won? It has been a long time since Showtime and the class of Magic, Kareem, Wilks et. al.

The Shaq - Kobe years in hindsight will be remembered as a dissapointment of what might of and could have been, and by the end of the decade of the Duncan, Ginobli, Parkers years the Spurs will have far, far more championships in the last 15 years than the always overly hyped Lakers.

MadDoc

Medvedenko
11-28-2004, 09:45 PM
"What have you really won?"...hmmm...I don't know...how about more championships since 2000 than your team has won since 76. Now in the next 6 years, (the end of the decade as you put it) the spurs have to win all 6 years to match the La Lakers since 72. Ya right....most retarded post yet.

Rummpd
11-28-2004, 10:40 PM
Going back 72 years is sublime, live for this year and the future!, In that case you should be a Boston fan for all the thumpings they gave the Lakers every year.

Lets talks simply about the Kobe years vs. the Duncan years and I guarantee you by the end of his career Duncan and his Spurs will end up with several more championships then Kobe. Kobe will get everything he wants and deserves in the next 10 years, he will get acclaim and noteriety but will not become what he could have been with Shaq et. al.

Why?

He is not the second coming of Jordan, and furthermore, he does not have a Pippin by his side, he is in fact, a great player but not one who will carry a team ala Duncan.

Even if he could do more how can you root for a team led by this jerk?

Besides that, his off the court behavior, he is arguebly the most obnoxious superstar and behind the back manipulator of a franchise in sports - hands down. He even made Shaq and Jackson look classy - you have maintained
your commendable loyalty at least, but that loyalty is misguided.

I rest my case, enjoy your over-hyped team. I and the others on this site, will continue to root for the classiest team in the NBA.

MadDoc

Medvedenko
11-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Like I said...my posts speak for themselves...relax MadDoc...you can have your classy organization...

missmyzte
11-28-2004, 10:51 PM
Even if he could, lets be honest - how can anyone root for a team that so backed Kobe and dissed the dominant reason (Shaq) for its recent successes on it anymore?

I rest my case, enjoy your over-hyped team. I and the others on this site, will continue to root for the class franchise of the NBA.

MadDoc

I'll give you this - the Spurs is the classiest organization of any I've seen. They've earned my respect as such.

But to answer your question as to how someone can root for a team that backed Kobe and dissed Shaq, well, it started with Shaq dissing the team. I speak for myself but know I'm not alone in saying that I was so sick of his lazy azz and ridiculous demands for a over-priced contract. If the Lakers had given into his demands, it would have crippled the franchise for years to come - as Miami will discover - and not given LA the chance to rebuild, which is what they are doing now. In other words, they made the right choice.

ducks
11-28-2004, 10:53 PM
go to nba forum

shaq got a very good offer from buss and he turned it down

buss now wants to make up with shaq

Rummpd
11-29-2004, 11:40 AM
Whatever, glad you enjoy your team and I admire your loyalty. Good points on Shaq who has suddenly transformed himself so quickly - which I believe won't matter.

Regards,

MadDoc

Sportcamper
11-29-2004, 11:55 AM
Rummpd-Enjoy your 45-47 win season...

Dude...Your prediction is way off the mark...Dr. Buss announced last night that “The Mailman” has every intention of being in a Lakers uniform in January which should easily put the Lake Show at 47 & 45.... :elephant

Kaster
11-29-2004, 06:46 PM
Poor MadDoc, counting his chickens before they've hatched. For your mental health's sake, I'd hope that Parker doesn't become the overpaid PG he is looking like and that Duncan doesn't blow out his knee when someone gets physical with him in the postseason.

Hum, maybe bringing back Karl to shut down Duncan again and getting a PG at the deadline will be enough to beat the Spurs this year? I'll have to talk to Kupchak.

Kaster
11-29-2004, 06:47 PM
And the Celtics haven't won a championship since 1986. And if you go by most recent history; Lakers over Spurs, backdoor swept in 6, Finals appearance. Spurs are better than the Lakers this year? Indeed, too bad it's November and the Spurs haven't won jack.

samikeyp
11-29-2004, 06:50 PM
maybe bringing back Karl to shut down Duncan again

The next time will be the first time.

You are right however, it is only November and nothing has been decided.

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 12:00 AM
Malone stop Duncan alone = Hah, hah, hah! You are relying on that to save the Lakers? Your "backdoor swept is right, it was more like a back door #%#job".

The Truth = Malone has never single handily stopped Duncan - look at the overall supremo domination by TD over him. It is so one sided that talk of Malone being the greatest PF ever is a joke vs. his inadequate play even 5-6 years ago vs. Tim. Why do you think the Spurs are like 20 and 0 vs. Jazz with Duncan. Without Shaq behind him, Duncan will simply and gladly eat up Malone ever which way, especially with the new rules that limit the classic Malone elbow to the back, head whatever.

Another "class act", i.e. a non-winner for his whole career, will now save the Lakers = won't matter, the Lakers best days are far far behind them.

Maddoc

Kaster
11-30-2004, 04:17 AM
Malone stop Duncan alone = Hah, hah, hah! You are relying on that to save the Lakers? Your "backdoor swept is right, it was more like a back door #%#job".

Huh? You're not complaining about the refs are you?

The Truth = Malone has never single handily stopped Duncan - look at the overall supremo domination by TD over him. It is so one sided that talk of Malone being the greatest PF ever is a joke vs. his inadequate play even 5-6 years ago vs. Tim. Why do you think the Spurs are like 20 and 0 vs. Jazz with Duncan.

LMAO! Malone was bitch slapping David Robinson in his prime, he ate that fool alive. Malone would have done the same to Duncan. Only when Malone was 37 freaking years old was Duncan able to do jack against him. Too bad too, would have been nice to see Malone and Duncan in their primes duking it out. Anyway, the Jazz owned the Spurs for years until Malone and Stockton got old. Duncan came along in 98 and starting "owning" 37 and 38 year olds Malone/Stockton. Congrats!

Without Shaq behind him, Duncan will simply and gladly eat up Malone ever which way, especially with the new rules that limit the classic Malone elbow to the back, head whatever.

The new rules apply to hand checking perimeter-bound players. They have nothing to do with low block defense. Come on now, get your shit straight.

Another "class act", i.e. a non-winner for his whole career, will now save the Lakers = won't matter, the Lakers best days are far far behind them.

I'll continue to trust an organization that has built their foundation on winning.

Useruser666
11-30-2004, 09:59 AM
Well, since this was a call out to Lakers fans I don't blame them for getting riled up. I don't think championships from long ago have anything to do with anything. Of course Shaq is a big baby, Phil an ego maniac, and Kobe is......well....Kobe. I don't blame people for standing behind their team even if Kobe is on it. I personally couldn't stand to do that. I just think he is a jackass to the power of ten. No one can deny Kobe is a good player, but for me he just spoils the Lakers as a team that I can root for.

Here is a trade idea I just thought of in light of recent events.

Lakers trade Kobe Bryant for Tracy Mcgrady and Grant Hill.

They resign Shaq and bring those two in. I don't know if that is even feasible , but it looks pretty nifty now with Hill back in action.

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 12:10 PM
Duncan has owned Malone since day one, even as a raw rookie = look it up. Actually, having attended many Utah and Spurs games including playoffs Robinson also more than held his own against Malone (except when this thug elbowed him out cold), but it was Stockton and a better surrounding cast (and I believe a far better coach at the time in Sloan) who seemed to kill them. Yet with all that, Malone famously choked away several championship chances and will go down as one of the big losers among talented players, ala Barkley and Ewing. Tell me that Duncan or Robinson + Stockton would have not won a championship under Sloan in their careers, and in the case of Duncan, even in the Jordan era they would have in my opinion won at least 2.

Again I greatly commend your admirable loyalty - even if it is to all time thugs, head cases like Odom that are due to blow up in the glitter around him, fans that leave early and show up late or pass around suspicous cookies, the undeniably goofy son of Bill Walton, and most of all, the sad character that has become Kobe.

The only thing LA has left going for it is a very classy center and a great coach + the inargueable massive determination & supreme talents of Kobe = which will carry them far, but never all the way.

For Spurs fans, it will be great fun watching the remainder of the Duncan, Parker, Ginobli years dominate a deservedly frustrated Kobe and his crew. Although, no longer a serious threat to the Spurs, beating the Lakers each year, will at least make for good viewing and back and forth arguements as the Spurs plow through Lakers and the league for several more titles in the decade.

MadDoc

Medvedenko
11-30-2004, 12:33 PM
So only several more titles...I thought you said they would eclipse the Laker total by the end of the decade. Please , make up your mind MD..it's getting embarrassing. Malone is the best PF to ever play the game...sorry buddy...but maybe at the end of Duncan's career he could be mentioned in the same breath and possibly overtake him. Let's not compare at this moment...well you can if that makes you feel better.

samikeyp
11-30-2004, 12:47 PM
Malone was bitch slapping David Robinson in his prime, he ate that fool alive.

ok now I know the homer glasses are on. The only thing Malone did was elbow the crap out of him.

Med, you have a good point. It is too early to compare Malone and TD. I think by the end of his career, if he keeps doing what he is doing, TD will be seen as Malone has been seen....someone who redifined the position.

Medvedenko
11-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Yes...time will tell...just like everyone saying Lebron is better than anyone in the L. Man, people have short attention spans...who will it be next week S. Marion...maybe Ak 47...

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 02:34 PM
I specifically have said repeatedly that the Spurs by the end of the decade would win more titles than Shaq and Kobe did or Kobe have or would.

I could have made the arguement but certainly much less convincingly, as the Lakers still had an aging, often hurt, and aging Shaq admist all the ongoing dissension. They always had a chance as Shaq seemed to find a defensive gear occassionally that was kind of awesome. That is now long gone and a double teamed Kobe won't be as effective in crunch time (and there won't be as many of those either).

Now it is assured, the 2000-2010 or the 1999-2009 (take your pick) years will retrospectively be known as a dominating era of the Spurs (just as in football it will be the Patriots as team and defense wins) especially when driven by a singuarily consistently dominant Superstar like Duncan coupled with the two fabulous talents in Ginobli and Parker etc.

A final thought regardless of "0.4." The Lakers had an overly hyped run any way. Granted they had one truly great, record playoff run year (one game better than Spurs in 1999). However, they narrowly survived the chocking Blazers and won their most controverial title vs. the Kings with the FT disparity in game 6. Whatever, their titles were bookended by the resilient Spurs - who did not panic when beat by the Lakers, they just reloaded, signed their core 3 against great odds, and charged on with consistentcy and class. In two of the last 3 years in the end quite similar blue collar type teams that played hard and with good defense simply thumped the Lakers.

Alas, for Lakers fans, as such their 3-4 year run will all be but a footnote when the championships are totalled at the end of THIS decade. The Lakers have had great, great decades and eras that simply cannot be denied! However, no one on this team was part of them. Kobe could have perhaps been part of a great Laker era (1-2 more championships perhaps) but he was too selfish (or it was Shaq?? take your pick, whatever it is over).

Regardless, certainly now at the end of the decade it will be all Spurs > Lakers in this new century despite all of Kobe's awesome and undeniable unique skills and drive.

Mark it down and enjoy your run and gun team as they stand! They will still be a sickening media favorite due to the big market, the love of the average fan for "ESPN play over substance", historical and loyal fan bases like you (which is admirable, I hate people who jump ship), and Kobe's ongoing appeal despite his tarnished reputation.

But no worries = you still have that great GM, was it Mitch, don't you?

MadDoc :smokin :smokin

Medvedenko
11-30-2004, 02:44 PM
Yawn....

gregcoy
11-30-2004, 06:45 PM
Poor MadDoc, counting his chickens before they've hatched. For your mental health's sake, I'd hope that Parker doesn't become the overpaid PG he is looking like and that Duncan doesn't blow out his knee when someone gets physical with him in the postseason.

Hum, maybe bringing back Karl to shut down Duncan again and getting a PG at the deadline will be enough to beat the Spurs this year? I'll have to talk to Kupchak.

a. you should hope anyone gets injured, period
b. believe me when i say that the mailman shutting down duncan was a complete anomaly. hes not half the player that duncan is and really isn't the same player as he was in his prime, period.

:04 was the only thing that beat us last year otherwise it would have been repeat city

Kaster
11-30-2004, 08:09 PM
Duncan has owned Malone since day one, even as a raw rookie = look it up.

I have, and it's not in the least bit true. Look it up on BasketballReference if you'd like.

Actually, having attended many Utah and Spurs games including playoffs Robinson also more than held his own against Malone (except when this thug elbowed him out cold), but it was Stockton and a better surrounding cast (and I believe a far better coach at the time in Sloan) who seemed to kill them.

Haha, good lord:

5/12/96 (http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4n4n74%2448i%40newsbf02.news.aol.com&output=gplainURL)

Karl Malone scored 32 points and shut down David Robinson as the Utah Jazz again smothered the San Antonio Spurs, 105-75, to take a 2-1 lead in their Western Conference semifinal series.

Jeff Hornacek scored 10 of his 17 points in a pair of decisive third-quarter bursts for the Jazz, who limited the Spurs to 75 points for the second time in the series and are allowing just 75.5 points per game in their last four post-season contests. Game Four is Sunday night at Salt Lake City.

"They were very physical with us," Spurs coach Bob Hill said. "They put us on our heels and basically the game was over. We were very apologetic, we didn't fight back, we didn't get dirty. They told us what they were going to do in the paper. They called our bluff. They put it in the paper and then they did it and we didn't respond."

Robinson, guarded by the shorter but heavier Malone for much of the game, managed just 11 points. He shot just 4-of-10 from the field and 3-of-9 from the foul line. Robinson scored just three points in the second half, when the Spurs were held to just 33.

"This is crazy," Robinson said. "It was a time when we had a good opportunity in here and today wasn't an example of good basketball. They're looking good and we haven't scored. We have to figure a way to put the ball in the basket a lot better than we have been."

GAME 4 96 SEMIS (http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=4n72cs%24s7e%40newsbf02.news.aol.com&output=gplainURL)

Chris Morris scored 25 points and a stifling defense held David Robinson to 11 points as the Utah Jazz routed the San Antonio Spurs, 101-86 to take a 3-1 lead in their Western Conference semifinal series.

Karl Malone added 22 points and was 10-for-10 from the free throw line for the Jazz, who travel to San Antonio for Game Five on Tuesday.

GAME 2 1994 OPENING ROUND (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:modestog%40news.delphi.com&start=190&hl=en&lr=&selm=2q2amb%24gmn%40news.delphi.com&rnum=198URL)

San Antonio went without a field goal in 25 attempts over a 16-minute span
of the second and third quarters Saturday, as Utah evened their playoff series at 1-1 with a 96-84 victory.

The Spurs scored just 25 points in the two middle periods, making just 5 of 34 shots.

Jay Humphries scored 12 of his 25 points as Utah took control in the second quarter, outscoring the Spurs 30-9 for a 50-33 lead. The Jazz expanded the margin to 75-49 after three quarters as San Antonio continued to misfire.

The Spurs had a franchise record-low for points in a playoff game and set a host of other NBA and club records with their poor offensive performance.

Karl Malone, despite 7-for-25 shooting from the field, had 23 points and 14 rebounds for the Jazz.

Another terrible performance for Robinson against Malone: David Robinson FG 2-14 FT 8-10 POINTS 12

GAME 1 OPENING ROUND 1994 (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:modestog%40news.delphi.com&start=190&hl=en&lr=&selm=2pqcv1%24qh0%40news.delphi.com&rnum=200URL)

David Robinson scored 25 points and the San Antonio Spurs, 0-5 against Utah in the regular season, routed the Jazz 106-89 Thursday night in the first game of their Western Conference playoff series.

Karl Malone's 36 points weren't enough to keep the Jazz in contention, and he was the only Utah player to score in double figures as the Jazz came close to tying their record-low 80 points in a playoff game.

GAME 4 1994 OPENING ROUND (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Malone+Jazz+Spurs+Robinson+author:modesto g%40news.delphi.com&hl=en&lr=&as_drrb=b&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_miny=1981&as_maxd=31&as_maxm=10&as_maxy=1996&selm=2qcu9f%24scd%40news.delphi.com&rnum=1URL)

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Karl Malone scored 34 points, including a 20-footer with 42 seconds to play, and the Utah Jazz held off a late San Antonio rally to win 95-90 Thursday night, eliminating the Spurs from the NBA playoffs.

The Spurs trailed 91-84 before Dale Ellis scored and missed a free throw that Dennis Rodman tipped in, making the score 91-88. Malone then hit his key jumper to rebuild the Jazz lead back to five.

David Robinson came back with a spinning jumper, pulling the Spurs to 93-90, and they got the ball back with 12 seconds remaining. But David Benoit grabbed a loose ball and dunked just before time ran out.

In winning the best-of-5 series 3-1, Utah beat San Antonio in Salt Lake City for the 21st time in 22 games, and for the seventh time in eight games this season.

Malone also had 12 rebounds, while John Stockton had 18 assists to go with 13 points. Benoit finished with 15 points, hitting seven of nine shots.

Robinson had 27 points and 12 rebounds for San Antonio, and Ellis scored 24.

Even in games Robinson played well, Malone thoroughly outplayed him.

GAME 3 1994 OPENING ROUND (http://groups.google.com/groups?q=author:modestog%40news.delphi.com&start=190&hl=en&lr=&selm=2qa7vh%247qd%40news.delphi.com&rnum=195URL)

SALT LAKE CITY (AP) -- Utah's second straight first-round playoff rout of San Antonio had 20,000 Jazz fans rocking. Karl Malone, however, sat out the victory dance.

He hopes to celebrate Thursday night, when Utah can wrap up its best-of-5 series with the Spurs in the Delta Center -- and avoid a Texas finale on Saturday.

"I can say that these were our best back-to-back games of the season, but they are behind us now," Malone said after scoring 24 points in Utah's 105-72 triumph Tuesday night. "The biggest game of the season is Thursday night."

Malone also grabbed 13 rebounds as the Jazz manhandled cold-shooting San Antonio, which shot just 32 percent to Utah's 53 percent.
[...]
[David Robinson] had just 16 points Tuesday night, hitting only eight of 21 shots.

Uh, yeah, I’d say Malone pretty much without question dominated him, and when it mattered most. :lol

Thanks to LakerSmack from LakersTalk for doing all the research.

Yet with all that, Malone famously choked away several championship chances and will go down as one of the big losers among talented players, ala Barkley and Ewing. Tell me that Duncan or Robinson + Stockton would have not won a championship under Sloan in their careers, and in the case of Duncan, even in the Jordan era they would have in my opinion won at least 2.

A Duncan-Stockton or DRob-Stockton team wouldn't have sniffed a title. That's what happens when you face the GOAT, the best perimeter defender of all time, the best rebounder of all time along with arguably the best coach of all time on the same team. Whoops, kind of overlooked those things huh?

The only thing LA has left going for it is a very classy center and a great coach + the inargueable massive determination & supreme talents of Kobe = which will carry them far, but never all the way.

The problem with this statement is that Jerry Buss and the Lakers organization have been winning and winning consistently for the 25 years since the Buss family took it over. Buss is a competitive person that will do anything to bring back a winning team. And one big reason he has been successful is the fact that he doesn’t worry about investors getting on his back or about cash period, being the most lucrative franchise in the NBA. The Lakers organization is in the right city at the right time and has the right owner. Those things won’t change for at least a decade, and in all likelihood several decades.

Anyway, this current Lakers team is a FA or trade away from contending. But there's no point in arguing this, as I'm sure you'll just tell me that you can predict the future and that no major FAs or trades will occur that will make the Lakers better, despite the loads of history that would contradict that assertion. Hell, I wouldn’t be surprised if the Lakers added a major piece or two before this season’s trading deadline.

For Spurs fans, it will be great fun watching the remainder of the Duncan, Parker, Ginobli years dominate a deservedly frustrated Kobe and his crew. Although, no longer a serious threat to the Spurs, beating the Lakers each year, will at least make for good viewing and back and forth arguements as the Spurs plow through Lakers and the league for several more titles in the decade.

LMAO, several more titles. Nothing has happened buddy. Just pray Duncan's knee doesn't get blown out.

Rummpd
11-30-2004, 09:00 PM
Testy Lakers Fans = the truth really hurts. Get used to the middle of the pack.

MadDoc

adidas11
11-30-2004, 11:37 PM
Damn, Kaster just came strong in this thread.

And I agree with his assessment about the Lakers, and Jerry Buss 100%. Great teams are proven over decades, not just years.

Kaster
12-01-2004, 12:44 AM
Testy Lakers Fans = the truth really hurts. Get used to the middle of the pack.

MadDoc

Translation; you're right Kaster, Malone punked DRob in his prime like a Brooklyn hooker and the Lakers have a rich winning history.

:elephant

SpursFanInAustin
12-01-2004, 01:20 AM
Funny how you research way back into the time machine to find stats of Malone-DRob matchups early in their careers and actively respond to each post, but when Whottt pulls out the DRob-Shaq matchups (when Shaq was in Orlando) in response to your "Shaq has always been better than DRob" argument, you don't say a word? You look at the stats on basketballreference.com. and DRob is close to triple double numbers.

Rummpd
12-01-2004, 11:33 AM
Boy am I shaking over the Laker's fans defend their hired thug - Malone who I will strongly and correctly say is very, very over-rated. I WILL STATE FOR THE PERM. RECORD THAT HE IS NOT A TOP 3 REAL ALL TIME FORWARD AND IS IN FACT FALLING BEHIND AS NEW STUDS APPEAR: DESPITE THE FOOLISH PUNDITS TO THE CONTRARY = Why? I WOULD TAKE THE LAKER'S WORTHY or BAYLOR, BIRD, ERVING, McHALE, EVEN the Short Big O, GARNETT, and ESPECIALLY DUNCAN FOR ANY BIG GAME OR EVEN SEASON ANY TIME OVER MALONE ON MY TEAM. THIS TRUCK DRIVING THUG WHO COULD TURN OUT MASSIVE STATS GRANTED = SIMPLY DID NOT ELEVATE OTHERS WHEN IT COUNTED & WAS AMONG THE ULTIMATE BIG GAME CHOKERS = NO RINGS DESPITE A GREAT COACH AND TEAMMATE AND AFTER HE SOLD OUT AND LEFT THE JAZZ = THEY MAY WELL BE FAR BETTER OFF WITHOUT HIM. IF FACT, I PROBABLY WOULD EVEN TAKE BARKLEY WHO AT LEAST WAS ENTERTAINING.

Duncan is so much better in so many phases, and continuing to improve even, than Malone ever was face it. We will so enjoy watching Duncan school Malone again when he doesn't have Shaq behind him or the refs letting him thug the lane the whole game. Look at SI game 3 picture, last year or film of Malone just clobbering Duncan and no foul was called = happened all series and was a travesty. And you clowns on lakerground.net talk about the Sterns?

As a boy I routinely enjoyed my favorite team at the time, the Celtics thump your team year in an year out. Now as a man who picked up on the classiest and a consistently excellent team in the mid 80s living in SA and have stuck with them despite all the media to the contrary = I am enjoying the fruits of sticking with them = total dominance over the next decade over LA = who may not even be the best team left in your friggin city! How great is that? For sure you don't have the best forward, the steady and under-hyped Brand runs circles around your over-hyped loose cannon Odom. Admit it, Kobe who you all love, has personally for ego sake, destroyed a great franchise and dark clouds are all around.

Admire your loyalty to them though in an off-handed way - someday, surely glory days will come back to the Lakers, the NBA will ensure one of their best market is protected. Probably, one day they will barely miss the playoffs, and surprise ala Ewing a large market team has first choice. No worries on that, your current "great" wonderboy GM and front office will mess that one up as well.

MadDoc

adidas11
12-01-2004, 12:06 PM
Quote: "but when Whottt pulls out the DRob-Shaq matchups (when Shaq was in Orlando) in response to your "Shaq has always been better than DRob" argument, you don't say a word? You look at the stats on basketballreference.com. and DRob is close to triple"

Shaq never faced D-Rob in the playoffs until 1999. Those are regular season stats when the two played each other twice a year. And it wasn't like Shaq was completely destroyed. He still had strong games as well.

Medvedenko
12-01-2004, 12:19 PM
Bottom Line: I would rather be a Laker fan than a Spurs fan....sorry those are the breaks. I like the spurs....almost respect them and I like their players....now. In the past, not so much, you want to know why....becuase they sucked and weren't fun to watch. Oh, and I have a Drob Rookie card in a nice plastic case..still...didn't like the team that much over the years.

samikeyp
12-01-2004, 03:15 PM
Malone punked DRob in his prime like a Brooklyn hooker and the Lakers have a rich winning history.

well...this part is right.

Rummpd
12-01-2004, 04:04 PM
"While I would rather be a LakerFan etc."

To each his own, I will go my grave disliking a team that despite denials in public, obviously and secretly caved to the likes of Kobe Bryant, incredible talent that he is.

However, I greatly and truly admire your supreme loyalty to your battered team - probably feels like it has been for the Spur's fans all these years. It will come around the NBA and media is certainly in your corner on reviving Laker glory, but I would not trade what I have in Spursfandom anyday. At least you are a fan still of this great game unlike so many sports fans.

Thanks for your posts - it has been an interesting discussion, Out.

MadDoc

RobinsontoDuncan
12-01-2004, 08:34 PM
God dont you guys get it, if the lakers suck this year which all common sense seems to point to, they may draft another great talent, we have to hope that they stay mediocre to good, like the mavericks or the old one and done T-wolves, for as long as Kobe plays. I hope theyre a fifty win team, because god knows they cant beat anyone in the playoffs.

Rummpd
12-01-2004, 09:57 PM
One final point on Robinson vs. Malone = starting out a team de novo, I would still go with Robinson over the MailTruck, the Admiral led biggest one year turn around to that point of all time. I also believe that Robinson and Stockton would have won several championships, for all of Malone's stats and hard work = something never worked out. Tough luck but it happens.

And by the way DR almost became a Laker (was recruited heavily to sign as a free agent which he technically could of that year he came out of Navy) but kept his loyalty to the Spurs - he would have been unstoppable early in his career with the Lakers of the showtime era = he was that scary good! Think how the history of the league would have changed other greats might not have shifted teams etc.

MadDoc

Rummpd
12-02-2004, 04:40 PM
Dear Laker Fan:

After last night I might have to increase the sympathetic Px for you all. Was it an aberation or is your team really that bad? (I believe it was an aberation but come on - to the friggin da Bulls!). Moreover, once again you trail your new big brother in the same city (the friggin Clippers).

Must give Golden State some confidence but I would all kidding aside, have to bet your Lakers on that one - Kobe wouldn't let them get embarrased two games in a row and will go down with guns blazzing if the Lakers get behind.

If I am wrong on that one! = blow up your team early as constituted!

MadDoc :smokin