PDA

View Full Version : What If ENRON...

Nbadan
05-18-2007, 01:51 AM
..execs, Ken Lay and Schilling were smart enough to flee with their company assets to a country that doesn't have a felon extradition treaty with the U.S. before their thefts were discovered?

Source: AP

THE WOODLANDS, Texas (AP) -- Halliburton Chairman and Chief Executive Dave Lesar said Wednesday he'll leave for his new home and office in Dubai at week's end as the oilfield services conglomerate begins splitting its corporate headquarters between the United States and the United Arab Emirates.Halliburton announced the decision to create a second corporate office in March, saying it will place the company closer to important oil and gas markets.

Lesar, speaking at Halliburton's annual stockholder meeting in this Houston suburb, reiterated the company will gain no special tax or legal advantages from the move.

"Halliburton has been and will continue to be a U.S. company and therefore a U.S. taxpayer," Lesar said. "I personally will remain a U.S. citizen and a U.S. taxpayer."

Yahoo News (http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070516/halliburton_shareholders.html?.v=3)

:lmao

Yeah, and pigs will fly.

boutons_
05-18-2007, 04:16 AM
"a U.S. taxpayer."

Typical half-lie.

"If you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien of the United States and you live abroad, you are taxed on your worldwide income. However, you may qualify to exclude from income up to $82,400 of your foreign earnings. In addition, you can exclude or deduct certain foreign housing amounts."

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/international/article/0,,id=97130,00.html

RandomGuy
05-18-2007, 09:02 AM
Interesting. I may have to read up on their financials and see what the bottom line REALLY is.

I would guess that such a move was prompted by Dubai offering some pretty hefty incentives to get the company to relocate there.

johnsmith
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
"a U.S. taxpayer."

Typical half-lie.

"If you are a U.S. citizen or a resident alien of the United States and you live abroad, you are taxed on your worldwide income. However, you may qualify to exclude from income up to $82,400 of your foreign earnings. In addition, you can exclude or deduct certain foreign housing amounts."

I have worked abroad and received exactly that tax incentive..........it's part of the benefits of working abroad..........so what's your point?

Clandestino
05-19-2007, 12:55 PM
"a U.S. taxpayer."

Typical half-lie.

MAY is the key word.. because you MAY ALSO pay taxes to the country you work in.

but who cares. 82k to exclude is nothing when those guys are making millions..

you're pretty fucking stupid boutons...

smeagol
05-20-2007, 09:15 PM
I have worked abroad and received exactly that tax incentive..........it's part of the benefits of working abroad..........so what's your point?
He has no point. That is pretty obvious.

smeagol
05-20-2007, 09:16 PM
MAY is the key word.. because you MAY ALSO pay taxes to the country you work in.

but who cares. 82k to exclude is nothing when those guys are making millions..

you're pretty fucking stupid boutons...

Something is wrong when I have to agree with you.

boutons_
05-20-2007, 11:36 PM
Clammy

Not every Halliburton employee over there will be making $Ms. In fact,99% of the Americans won't be ,will probably be under $200K, so getting $83K tax free at the highest bracket is significant.

you so fucking stupid, Clammy, typical knee-jerk right winger.

johnsmith
05-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Clammy

Not every Halliburton employee over there will be making $Ms. In fact,99% of the Americans won't be ,will probably be under $200K, so getting $83K tax free at the highest bracket is significant.

So what then, the middle managers moving to Dubai should be penalized and not receive this benefit?

What the fuck is your point?

Clandestino
05-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Clammy

but they may pay money to the foreign government. that is what i'm talking about dumbass... you have obviously never worked overseas. actually, i'm sure you haven't much of anything except bitch and moan.

boutons_
05-22-2007, 12:26 AM
"they may pay money to the foreign government."

individuals don't pay income taxes in dubai.

johnsmith
05-22-2007, 07:04 AM
"they may pay money to the foreign government."

individuals don't pay income taxes in dubai.

Again, what's your point?