PDA

View Full Version : It's sad

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 10:21 AM
how the Dallas reporters would like the Spurs to be eliminated. Just read this report. It's funny. They beat the spurs last year and this year they had nothing to do with their demise. Still, you can't ask any better from this idiot.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/columnists/dmoore/stories/051807dnspomoore.305c98e.html

Mr. Body
05-18-2007, 10:22 AM
The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Suns are now their friend.

2centsworth
05-18-2007, 10:26 AM
It's an ok article for the Dallas Market.

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2007, 10:30 AM
head butt by Tony Parker on Nash? even the whiners in Phoenix didn't go THAT far.

:lmao

Cry Havoc
05-18-2007, 10:32 AM
The Mavericks ousted the defending champions on their home court last season in Game 7. The Mavericks followed that victory by stripping San Antonio of its Southwest Division title this season. It wasn't even a race.

:lmao

Are they serious? After losing to Golden State, Mavs fans and press still think the regular season matters?

:lmao Glad to see that winning the race is working out so well for them.

gino>yourlife
05-18-2007, 10:36 AM
meh i expected it to be worse than it was, he was right about some shit.. but he just HAD to get in that little rib job about how Dallas "stripped SA of the Southwest Division Title, it wasn't even a race"

as if we give a fuck about a Divison Title :lmao

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2007, 10:37 AM
Yeah...Be sure and hand that Southwest Division Championship banner in the rafters. You've got a lot of space to fill up there.

Shank
05-18-2007, 10:45 AM
Sad is scouring the papers from other cities looking for validation and expecting other markets to kiss your ass.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 10:47 AM
Sad is scouring the papers from other cities looking for validation and expecting other markets to kiss your ass.

Not really you see. It's a link in the main page of the Spurs website. Don't need to go that far. Again you are wrong.

And man, I can't believe you cheriss so much an stupid conference title. Spurs are well over that.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 10:48 AM

And I forgot: FUCKING SHUT YOUR HOLE UP.

Shank
meh i expected it to be worse than it was, he was right about some shit.. but he just HAD to get in that little rib job about how Dallas "stripped SA of the Southwest Division Title, it wasn't even a race"

Way to take it out of context. Include the line leading into that paragraph that points out that the Spurs are vulnerable. His point was that the Spurs aren't as mighty as everyone would believe them to be, not so much about any banners.

Dingle Barry
Oh shit. Let's all bow down to the Southwest Division Champs! ROFLcopter

Shank
05-18-2007, 10:49 AM
And man, I can't believe you cheriss so much an stupid conference title. Spurs are well over that.

Please define 'cheriss' for me.

samikeyp
The Mavericks followed that victory by stripping San Antonio of its Southwest Division title this season. It wasn't even a race.

Yes...hang your hat on that one. :)

Extra Stout

Once upon a time, the Spurs used to hang division title banners in the old HemisFair, and then in the Alamodome.

I remember one particularly pithy Laker fan pointed out that if the Lakers were to hang division title banners in the Forum, the roof would collapse.

---------------

So here it is now in 2007, and the Spurs have won their division 15 times in their 31 years in the NBA. There is not enough room to hang all the division title banners any more.

So let the Mavs enjoy their Southwest Division title. I'm sure their fans will be very proud of all their team accomplished in the 2006-07 season for years to come.

spursfan09

As fans of the Spurs, when somebody writes about the Spurs, we Spurs fans have a right to know what is said. good or bad. It's funny all the other markets hate us. I just think DAllas is jealous really though.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Way to take it out of context. Include the line leading into that paragraph that points out that the Spurs are vulnerable. His point was that the Spurs aren't as mighty as everyone would believe them to be, not so much about any banners.

I disagree...I saw it as taking any kind of shot at the Spurs they could. If the situations were reverse, the media here would be doing the same thing.

Man of Steel
Hate to admit it--but I'm worried as shit that there may be a grain of truth somewhere in that article in that a game 7 would be a real ball buster for us.

The Phoenix crowd would be twice as nasty as for game 5.

The team would probably have multiple bomb threats.

Maybe death threats to players.

That desert crowd is crazy right now.

Insane.

Insane to the max.

All year long they've been thinking they were destined to get their first ring and figured they'd roll over us and only have to worry about the Mavs.

Then the Mavs get ousted and they figured they better get their mantle ready for that great big old trophy.

Now they face elimination.

Those people are nuts, man.

We gotta win tonight.

I don't want Robert Horry to have to face the savages on Sunday.

SpurOutofTownFan

You might seem so. But the spurs are still the best team in the league. All the whining and getting the officials to blow the whistle is part of "trying to even the field" by inferior teams. That's all. I have all the confidence in the Spurs. From game 1.

GrandeDavid
05-18-2007, 10:51 AM
Maybe its just me, but I didn't think it was unreasonable.

Shank
05-18-2007, 10:51 AM
And I forgot: FUCKING SHUT YOUR HOLE UP.

Thank you, Internet Tough Guy.

http://i.somethingawful.com/inserts/news/images/01-2004/27-tg-4.jpg

Cry Havoc
05-18-2007, 10:53 AM

That wasn't out of context. When a writer states so superciliously as, "it wasn't even a race", I have to laugh. Wouldn't pointing out the Spurs vulnerabilities involve recounting the mismatches offered by Phoenix or their ability to win in San Antonio, rather than spooging about how well the Mavs performed in the regular season relative to a team that's still in the playoffs? Just a thought.

L.I.T
05-18-2007, 11:11 AM
Please define 'cheriss' for me.

Cheriss: Popular name amongst prostitutes and strippers. Origin traced to a prostitute in San Francisco, who decided to have her name (Cherish) tattooed on her posterior. Unfortunately, her two front teeth had been knocked out the night before by a john, so all the tattoo artist heard was "Cherisssssss".

True story.

Shank
05-18-2007, 11:21 AM
That's what I thought.

I miss her.

florige
05-18-2007, 11:28 AM
Hate to admit it--but I'm worried as shit that there may be a grain of truth somewhere in that article in that a game 7 would be a real ball buster for us.

The Phoenix crowd would be twice as nasty as for game 5.

The team would probably have multiple bomb threats.

Maybe death threats to players.

That desert crowd is crazy right now.

Insane.

Insane to the max.

All year long they've been thinking they were destined to get their first ring and figured they'd roll over us and only have to worry about the Mavs.

Then the Mavs get ousted and they figured they better get their mantle ready for that great big old trophy.

Now they face elimination.

Those people are nuts, man.

We gotta win tonight.

I don't want Robert Horry to have to face the savages on Sunday.

For some reason Horry seems to strive on those kind of situations. Us closing out Phx at Phx when everyone and their mother will have us as HUGE underdogs that game would all but solidify for me that we will win the championship.

Cry Havoc
05-18-2007, 11:32 AM
That's what I thought.

I miss her.

When did you last see your sister? :p:

Sorry, I had to. :lol

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 11:43 AM
head butt by Tony Parker on Nash? even the whiners in Phoenix didn't go THAT far.

The article did say "inadvertent head butt".

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 01:27 PM
His point was that the Spurs aren't as mighty as everyone would believe them to beWho believes the Spurs are invulnerable? They have huge holes in their lineup and can't score for long streteches at a time.

Dallas is the team with no flaws.

gino>yourlife
05-18-2007, 01:35 PM
Once upon a time, the Spurs used to hang division title banners in the old HemisFair, and then in the Alamodome.

oh i haven't forgotten and at that particular time i was proud of the spurs, but even then i was always left with a sense of underacheivement for not bringing home the coveted ship trophy

Obstructed_View
05-18-2007, 01:47 PM
How great is it that the Spurs finish third but are still "the team to beat in the west", coming from a fan of a team that won the division by like fifteen games?

Obstructed_View
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
oh i haven't forgotten and at that particular time i was proud of the spurs, but even then i was always left with a sense of underacheivement for not bringing home the coveted ship trophy
Considering how good the Rockets and the Jazz were, I was always proud of the division banners. I'm not ashamed of that. The Spurs didn't win a playoff series very often either, and I was excited about those.

Shank
05-18-2007, 01:53 PM
When did you last see your sister? :p:

Sorry, I had to. :lol

My sister isn't a whore.

My mom, though...that's another story.

And another $50.

gino>yourlife
05-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Considering how good the Rockets and the Jazz were, I was always proud of the division banners. I'm not ashamed of that. The Spurs didn't win a playoff series very often either, and I was excited about those.

the rockets were great, the blazers were great, and the jazz were good + dirty (fuck them), i certainly wasn't ashamed of the division titles either but there was still a slight feeling of disappointment in what could've been.. but hell, that's normal for a fan of any team that doesn't go all the way

CosmicCowboy
05-18-2007, 01:58 PM
The article did say "inadvertent head butt".

LMAO...but Nash had the momentum and knocked Parker on his ass when they butted heads...

Look...I KNOW it was an accident...but for the writer to twist it around that Parker initiated the contact was ridiculous.

howbouthemspurs
05-18-2007, 02:24 PM
what a arrogant article!

ploto
05-18-2007, 02:29 PM
How many Spurs fans celebrated when Dallas was eliminated?

That's what I thought.

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 02:30 PM
I burned a car when the Nets advanced.

spursrocksocks
05-18-2007, 02:35 PM

roflmao

UV Ray
05-18-2007, 02:51 PM

So that's what they look like! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Obstructed_View
05-18-2007, 02:52 PM

That's what I thought.
Who called Kori names when Rasho was traded?

mardigan
05-18-2007, 02:55 PM

That's what I thought.
I celebrated when the Raps were eliminated

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Dallas is the team with no flaws.

mmhhhh....

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM
My sister isn't a whore.

My mom, though...that's another story.

And another $50.

I should have known that.