PDA

View Full Version : Bruce Bowen To Remove His Knife From Steve Nash’s Ribs On the Next Possession

StrangeCheez
05-18-2007, 12:03 PM
Bruce Bowen To Remove His Knife From Steve Nash’s Ribs On the Next Possession :lol

San Antonio Spurs forward Bruce Bowen says he will remove the switchblade he just plunged into Steve Nash’s ribs on Phoenix’s next trip down the court.

“I only meant to give him a quick puncture wound, but it stuck in a rib bone and I wasn’t immediately able to remove it,” said Bowen while running down the court on offense. “Next time I’m guarding him, though, I’ll pull it out. The longer it stays in, the more people will notice it and I could get in trouble. The NBA lets me get away with a lot, but a stabbing? I don’t know if I want to press my luck. I’ve stabbed a lot of opponents in my career – I’ve maced a lot, too; even shot a guy once – but all those were done out of the sight of the officials. But this is different. My knife is in plain view hanging out of the side of the back-to-back MVP.”

Bowen says it might take a good bit of effort to get the knife out of Nash’s side.

“He’s bleeding everywhere, so the handle will be slippery,” said Bowen. “Plus, it’s really in there good. I think it’s all the way into the marrow. I’ll probably have to knock him to the ground with an elbow, and then put one of my feet on him to get some leverage to pull the knife out. I just wish I was more accurate with my stab. I meant to get flesh and organs, not bone. A bone puncture never killed anyone.”

Nash, jogging back to defend San Antonio’s Tony Parker, says he didn’t even notice the switchblade jutting out of his side until it was pointed out to him by teammate Leandro Barbosa.

“I played hockey growing up in Canada,” says Nash. “This is nothing. I once was decapitated by a slash and still finished out my shift and even set up a goal on a sweet no-look pass. So a knife in a rib bone? Please. That’s nothing. This won’t affect my play at all.”
Although – perhaps distracted by the knife, the pain, or talking – Nash quickly let Tony Parker dribble past him for a lay-up. But with San Antonio scoring, Phoenix now has the ball again and Bowen will try to remove his knife from the torso of the Suns star.

“Actually, I’m going to wait a bit,” says Bowen. “Maybe the blade sitting in his side for a while will give him some sort of infection or something. But I’m definitely going to pull it out by the end of the quarter. I’m planning to slice Amare Stoudemire’s Achilles with it in the second half.”

http://www.sportspickle.com/features...516-bowen.html

spursfan09
05-18-2007, 12:05 PM
:lol
Dirty!

rayray2k8
05-18-2007, 12:41 PM
Watch as the suns fans use this to help their arguement.

The Truth #6
05-18-2007, 12:54 PM
Not as funny as I thought it would be.

nkdlunch
05-18-2007, 01:40 PM
is he gonna remove the shoe up Amare's ass?

degenerate_gambler
05-18-2007, 01:42 PM
Not as funny as I thought it would be.

how 'bout not funny at all..

RonMexico
05-18-2007, 01:50 PM
Watch as the suns fans use this to help their arguement.

It is spelled "argument" with no "e"

And you might like this one from 2005 by the same author:

Amare Stoudemire gets down on all fours to let Tim Duncan dunk off his back

Suns center Amare Stoudemire took his defensive play to a new level in a Phoenix’s 102-92 loss to San Antonio Saturday night, going as far as to get down all fours in the lane so Spurs center Tim Duncan could jump off of him and get more elevation on a dunk.

“It’s great playing with a guy like Amare,” said Duncan, who has averaged 26.5 ppg in the series. “He gets everyone on the team involved and really keeps our offense flowing. I hope he has a long career.”

The Suns think Stoudemire’s boosting of Duncan shows his defense might be coming around.

“On the face of it, I don’t want one of my players helping an opponent dunk on us,” said Phoenix coach Mike D’Antoni. “But if you think about it, that’s the first time Amare has been in the lane all series and made contact with someone on the defensive end. That’s something we can build on."

http://sportspickle.com/archives/volume4/2005-0601.html

conversekid
05-18-2007, 02:04 PM
suns don't KNOW physical. by chance they get buy us... UTAH will show them physical... and if by some miracle they make it to the finals against detroit.... heaven help them. they are in for a rude, rude, RUDE awakening.