PDA

View Full Version : Playing shorthanded tonight

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:19 PM
We're playing shorthanded tonight, but this is the only thread pointing that out.

We're not saying that we got jobbed or hosed.

We're just going to play the game and win it.

Guess that's a difference between us and Phoenix.

That is all.

:fro

cherylsteele
05-18-2007, 03:20 PM
Playing short handed won't be an excuse......if the Suns win, they win, if they lose, they lose.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-18-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm gonna start a whiner thread about how NBA fucked us up with Horry's suspensions. I can't believe the league is rewarding the team that stepped on the line and punished the other one.

Let's prepare the water bottles!

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Playing short handed won't be an excuse......if the Suns win, they win, if they lose, they lose.

Exactly.

Because that's the type of fans we are and the type of team the Spurs are.

Besides you don't need excuses when you win!

:blah

atxrocker
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM
this thread is retarded

infinite styles
05-18-2007, 03:22 PM

That reminded me of the Rocky movie with the Russian, "If he dies, He Dies."

Budkin
05-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Horry hasn't done much in this series anyway. The only thing I think we'll miss from him are a few rebounds.

spursfaninnewmexico
05-18-2007, 03:24 PM
No shit, I hadn't even thought about it. Guess we just nut it up and do the job.

Mavs<Spurs
this thread is retarded

So, you think that we should be whining and crying about Horry's suspension, like the Suns fans did about game 5?

cherylsteele
That reminded me of the Rocky movie with the Russian, "If he dies, He Dies."
:lol I forgot about that in that movie.

cherylsteele
05-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Horry hasn't done much in this series anyway. The only thing I think we'll miss from him are a few rebounds.
Or a big dagger-type 3 ball.
But Bruce will provide that for us. :spin

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:25 PM

It is Horry's time.

A close out game in the playoffs between two top teams.

suns in 7
05-18-2007, 03:26 PM
We're playing shorthanded tonight, but this is the only thread pointing that out.

That is all.

That's because he'll be back playing in PHX Sunday...why worry?

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:27 PM
Who will play the minutes Robert would have gotten?

Oberto? Bonner?

suns in 7
05-18-2007, 03:28 PM

That is all.

You should have seen the excuses flying on the Game 5 thread when you guys were getting your ass handed to you. Disgraceful. No faith in your team or coach at all. You're right, you guys set the bar. :rolleyes

Mavs<Spurs
That's because he'll be back playing in San Antonio Sunday...why worry?

True.

bresilhac
That's because he'll be back playing in PHX Sunday...why worry?

Now that's stupid.

suns in 7
05-18-2007, 03:30 PM
Now that's stupid.

Right...if you dickwads wouldn't have choked away Game 4 this series would be over. Way to close out, champs.

ArgSpursFan
05-18-2007, 03:32 PM
Who will play the minutes Robert would have gotten?

Oberto? Bonner?
those minutes will be shared by Manu(I spect 39 to 42 mins from him)Finley and Barry.Like in game 5.
them Oberto will play his 15 mins and Elson will give TD some rest.get ready to watch alot of small ball for the spurs.
I dont really think Bonner,Ely or Butler will see some playing time.

spursfaninnewmexico
05-18-2007, 03:33 PM
those minutes will be shared by Manu(I spect 39 to 42 mins from him)Finley and Barry.Like in game 5.
them Oberto will play his 15 mins and Elson will give TD se rest.
I dont really think Bonner,Ely or Butler will see some playing time.

Let's hope JV doesn't either.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:34 PM
You should have seen the excuses flying on the Game 5 thread when you guys were getting your ass handed to you. Disgraceful. No faith in your team or coach at all. You're right, you guys set the bar. :rolleyes

No excuses here.

Almost everybody knew going into it that it would be a difficult game to win because of the environment. For a single game, when the team and fans are "outraged" (illegitimately so, but nevertheless outraged), missing a normally key player is not an insuperable obstacle.

Most Spurs fans here don't make excuses when (a) their own team's player violated a well-known rule with an automatic penalty and (b) the penalty is assigned without exception.

Apparently, the majority of Suns fans don't get the natural law of cause and effect in this scenario.

leemajors
05-18-2007, 03:35 PM
this thread is retarded

agreed. talking about how you're not whining is just as bad.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM
I think even the biggest Spurs homer can admit that Amare + Diaw > Horry.

If the Spurs lose tonight, Horry is not a decent excuse...

and if we win, it won't be "in spite of Horry's absence".

anonymous coward
05-18-2007, 03:36 PM

That is all.

play w/o horry is play shorthanded :lmao

ArgSpursFan
05-18-2007, 03:37 PM
Let's hope JV doesn't either.

Vaughn will see his 10 mins to give TP some rest.Personally I think He does a good job on the D. end, and When Nash is getting some rest there´s no reason to keep Parker on the floor and give him some rest too.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:38 PM
agreed. talking about how you're not whining is just as bad.

but talking about how you're not talking about how you're not whining is much better.

not sure about that one.

leemajors
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
but talking about how you're not talking about how you're not whining is much better.

not sure about that one.

it means this thread is stupid.

Mavs<Spurs
I think even the biggest Spurs homer can admit that Amare + Diaw > Horry.

If the Spurs lose tonight, Horry is not a decent excuse...

and if we win, it won't be "in spite of Horry's absence".

How many key shots to win important series and championships have Amare and Diaw hit?

That's what I thought.

spursfaninnewmexico
Vaughn will see his 10 mins to give TP some rest.Personally I think He does a good job on the D. end, and When Nash is getting some rest there´s no reason to keep Parker on the floor and give him some rest too.

I'm fine so long as he won't chunk up pathetic shots. He just hasn't shown that kind of control, yet.

Spurminator
05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
Right...if you dickwads wouldn't have choked away Game 4 this series would be over. Way to close out, champs.

Glad we can all agree that we handed the Suns Game 4.

Think about it, you guys gained a Playoff win and a whole legion of fans because of that gift. You should be grateful.

mardigan
I'm fine so long as he won't chunk up pathetic shots. He just hasn't shown that kind of control, yet.
Yo, were you watching the game tonight? You know of any good sports bars?

MadDog73
Yes, but whining about how at least we're the ones that are not-whining about whining...

wait, What?

Mavs<Spurs
it means this thread is stupid.

it appears that your line of thinking seems to have logical problems.

(ie self-stultification).

I'll pause while you look that one up.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:42 PM
Yes, but whining about how at least we're the ones that are not-whining about whining...

wait, What?

you're confused.

No whining here.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 03:43 PM
How many key shots to win important series and championships have Amare and Diaw hit?

That's what I thought.

So, you are saying that Horry > Amare + Diaw?

Wow, you are stupid.

Look, Horry brought this on Himself, just like Amare and Diaw did.

Starting a thread to "praise" yourself for not whining...

while actually whining after all...

is just dumb.

And you can claim you're not whining all you want, but it sure sounds that way to me.

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM

So, you are saying that Horry > Amare + Diaw?

Wow, you are stupid.

Look, Horry brought this on Himself, just like Amare and Diaw did.

Starting a thread to "praise" yourself for not whining...

while actually whining after all...

is just dumb.

And you can claim you're not whining all you want, but it sure sounds that way to me.

I don't necessarily disagree with the penalty that Horry brought upon himself.
It could be argued, but it is an understandable penalty (and somewhat subject to the discretion of the ref or league official - not automatic)

Would I trade Horry for Amare + Diaw?

Of course. Amare is averaging 20 pts/10 rebs or something like that. Horry? Not much production these days and in his best days he never came close to that.

I was being facetious. Of course, Horry really has hit some amazing shots and in any one key moment, he can be the difference maker in an important game.

And you're right. Most of the Suns fans' posts have been much better than this. :spin

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 03:57 PM
Most of the Suns fans' posts have been much better than this. :spin

Well, but they're Suns fans. I hold Spurs fans to a higher standard! :toast

Mavs<Spurs
05-18-2007, 04:20 PM
Well, but they're Suns fans. I hold Spurs fans to a higher standard! :toast

I got ya. I just wanted to let loose of some bad intentions. This will hold me for now.

You know that there is bad blood between these two teams and their fans now, and that's no joke.

LavaLamp
05-18-2007, 04:28 PM

What if it was TD and Horry suspended tonight because Raja hip-checked TP in the closing seconds of your certain win in Game 4? Just imagine that.

ArgSpursFan
05-18-2007, 04:32 PM
What if it was TD and Horry suspended tonight because Raja hip-checked TP in the closing seconds of your certain win in Game 4? Just imagine that.

TD and Horry aint that Stupid,no desrespect,but that´s the truth.Eventually Amare and Diaw will grow up.

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Everyone knows I disagree with this thread, and I don't believe that Horry is as big a loss as Amare.

BUT, I want to be clear, he is a loss, and he did practically win Game 5 versus Detroit in 2005. I mean, the dude took over overtime. All of it.

We'll never know if he was going to effect the game tonight, so I'll just reiterate what timvp said in another thread: Win it for Bob!

leemajors
05-18-2007, 05:00 PM
it appears that your line of thinking seems to have logical problems.

(ie self-stultification).

I'll pause while you look that one up.

no problems with my logic. making a thread calling attention to not whining is wack. silence speaks for itself.