PDA

View Full Version : Ely signs one-year, $3 million offer with Bobcats

superfedja
05-18-2007, 03:39 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2610570

I know it's not breaking news but it makes me wonder about the off-season. What are our options for this summer? Is there anyone we can sign? Anyone we can trade? What are the possible scenarios ? I hope the Spurs, somehow, get their hands on Gerald Wallace. I also believe that Manu might be something Spurs are willing to offer if they get something they think is better in return.

If the Bobcats are interested in Ely, can we sign and trade him with some other players for Gerald Wallace?

violentkitten
05-18-2007, 03:40 PM
how do you get equal value for manu?

Big P
05-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Why are you posting an article from a year & a half ago? What does this have to do with our offseason?

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2007, 03:43 PM
Why are you posting an article from a year & a half ago? What does this have to do with our offseason?

Why is anyone talking about the offseason?

degenerate_gambler
05-18-2007, 03:44 PM
oops

superfedja
05-18-2007, 03:48 PM
Well we gave the Bobcats Eric Williams for Ely. So we have done business with the Bobcats in the recent past. We could try to give Manu + someone for Gerald Wallace + Omeka Okafor*. Those 2 would settle our long SF and Center problems since they are both defensive beasts (they would help our rebounding and our youth problems). And the Bobcats would get an experienced winner to lead their young squad in Manu (he's also a great offensive threat lol), and maybe some veterans, Bowen or Barry. I'm not actually good at the trade rules (CBA & everything). So someone might think of a more realistic scenario. But if we can have a starting 5 of Parker, Finley, Wallace, Duncan and Okafor, I say go for it no matter the cost (except Finley, Parker and TD of course). Oh yeah, and we can still use Scola's rights.

mardigan
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
I think Wallace had a player otion next year, so I dont think he would be an option

superfedja
05-18-2007, 03:50 PM
lol

my bad. this is an awful thread. I don't know how did I end up on the 2006 free agency ESPN page.

sorry. you can shut down this thread as it's useless.

I'd still love for us to go after G Wallace and Okafor though.

degenerate_gambler
05-18-2007, 03:52 PM
lol

my bad. this is an awful thread. I don't know how did I end up on the 2006 free agency ESPN page.

sorry. you can shut down this thread as it's useless.

I'd still love for us to go after G Wallace and Okafor though.

it's cool.

FWIW...there's probably a good number of people that'd love to see GWallace in a Spurs uni.

Obstructed_View
05-18-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey maybe we can make a run at Ben Wallace.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-18-2007, 04:01 PM
Can we move the start time of Game 6 to rid ourselves of these threads?