PDA

View Full Version : Win It For Rob

timvp
05-18-2007, 04:31 PM
Robert Horry has been an ultimate team player since he's been on the Spurs. We've never heard any moans about playing time or any distractions that he's caused. He's a quiet leader on this team who has the respect of all his teammates.

At the same time, Horry always talks glowingly about all the Spurs and the franchise at a whole. He's on record as saying it's the most well run franchise he's ever played for. He always gives much props to Tim, Manu, Tony and the rest of the team. Horry could easily big time his teammates and have a "Don't you know who I am, I have six championship rings" type arrogance. But he doesn't.

On the court, he has perhaps the most coveted trait in sports -- the ability to come up big in big moments. The Spurs don't win the championship in 2005 without him. And this playoff run, with other bigmen becoming worthless, Horry has ratcheted his game up about 20 notches from the regular season.

It's time to come up big for Robert Horry. He'd do the same for anyone else on this team.

Get this win, end this series and no one will remember the Horry and Nash incident. If the Spurs don't win and are forced to go back to Phoenix, we'll all be subjected to The Hip Check 20,000 more times before Sunday's game. And if Horry follows through on his retirement, it'd be a damn shame if that's how he had to go out.

Win it for Rob. And let's help add to his collection starting tonight.

http://www.spurstalk.com/horryseven.jpg

violentkitten
05-18-2007, 04:32 PM
:tu

MadDog73
05-18-2007, 04:34 PM
I hope they retire his jersey here.

For Big Shot Rob! :toast

(I'm using that emoticon way to much!)

whottt
05-18-2007, 04:35 PM
Well said...

You guys be sure to get an Horry chant going at the game tonight...

It's possible that was his last game in the NBA.

If the Spurs lose it's a nice way of saying thanks for the memories...

If they win, even better ;).

Budkin
Word. Go Spurs Go!

SsKSpurs21
Win it for Fin!

he has been busting his hump these playoffs. he is playing really well and he is out to win a ring.

Win it for Fin!

easjer
05-18-2007, 04:36 PM
Get.It.Done.Tonight.

Budkin
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Well said...

You guys be sure to get an Horry chant going at the game tonight...

It's possible that was his last game in the NBA.

If the Spurs lose it's a nice way of saying thanks for the memories...

If they win, even better ;).

There's no way it was his last game. If we win or lose tonight he will play in the next game.

whottt
05-18-2007, 04:37 PM
Win it for Fin!

he has been busting his hump these playoffs. he is playing really well and he is out to win a ring.

Win it for Fin!

Fuck Fin...take that shit to another thread.

He's needs to win one for us.

whottt
05-18-2007, 04:38 PM
There's no way it was his last game. If we win or lose tonight he will play in the next game.

In San Antonio...

I don't think Sunsfan is going to feel much like cheering him, you know?

SsKSpurs21
05-18-2007, 04:39 PM
LOL, i just noticed that picture is photoshopped. his left middle finger is photoshopped to his right hand. AWESOME WORK!

SsKSpurs21
05-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Fuck Fin...take that shit to another thread.

He's needs to win one for us.

no love for fin? he is in your avatar!

Ginofan
05-18-2007, 04:40 PM
Robert Horry is the MAN! I'm sure he's super upset he can't be there to put the nail in the Suns' coffin. You gotta win it for him boys!

Fillmoe
05-18-2007, 04:41 PM
i truly hope the spurs get shitted on..... dirty ass team

violentkitten
05-18-2007, 04:42 PM
i truly hope the spurs get shitted on..... dirty ass team

oh, you're into that kind of stuff? man you're sick.

whottt
05-18-2007, 04:46 PM
no love for fin? he is in your avatar!

Exactly what the fuck has Fin done to make me love him?

He played for the enemy...IMO, what he did to the Mavs was kind of shitty, I'd hate his guts if he played for the Spurs and did that shit, and I've seen that fucker choke mucho times.

My take is that he's trying to nutride a title like a motherfucker, playing for a former nemesis while his original team is paying him a fortune...I don't consider that classy or Admirable in any way, that's fucking lowlife to me...and I think what happened against the Mavs last season was karmic payback....

And he's making it more difficult, because he's one of Pop's favs and is in the way in the rotation, because if he's not hitting shots, he's pretty much a liablity.

Fin needs to prove me wrong.

Tonight would be the right time to do so...

Fuck win for Fin...he's the one that needs to do the winning.

Win for Duncan..sure.
Paker? Yeah.
Bruce? Of course?
Manu? Ditto...

Fin? Why? What makes him so special? Trying to fuck his old team with a 20 inch dildo?

BigVee
05-18-2007, 04:48 PM
Could be, but if he goes 6-7 from behind the line tonight I will love his ass.

spurster
05-18-2007, 04:51 PM
http://ai.cs.utsa.edu/horrythree.jpg

whottt
05-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Could be, but if he goes 6-7 from behind the line tonight I will love his ass.

Me too...maybe....depending on when that miss comes...and what the final score is.

duncanchick21
05-18-2007, 05:00 PM
:clap :flag: :flag: Rememeber the name "BIG SHOT ROB" THIS ONE IS FOR YOU MAN!!! GO SPURS GO!!!

Budkin
In San Antonio...

I don't think Sunsfan is going to feel much like cheering him, you know?

Ah I see... after we win tonight we need to hold Rob up in the air and parade him around the court. Actually I just remembered he won't even be there. We're taking this shit!

SsKSpurs21

He played for the enemy...IMO, what he did to the Mavs was kind of shitty, I'd hate his guts if he played for the Spurs and did that shit, and I've seen that fucker choke mucho times.

My take is that he's trying to nutride a title like a motherfucker, playing for a former nemesis while his original team is paying him a fortune...I don't consider that classy or Admirable in any way, that's fucking lowlife to me...and I think what happened against the Mavs last season was karmic payback....

And he's making it more difficult, because he's one of Pop's favs and is in the way in the rotation, because if he's not hitting shots, he's pretty much a liablity.

Win for Duncan..sure.
Paker? Yeah.
Bruce? Of course?
Manu? Ditto...

Fin? Why? What makes him so special? Trying to fuck his old team with a 20 inch dildo?

i see your point, but win it for fin sounds alot cooler than win it for rob. :lol j/k

fin has been shooting well and he is keeping us in games. he has been our third wheel when manu struggled. i agree this is a "what have you done for me league", hopefully fin comes through tonight, and proves to you and others that he is working hard to help us "go for 4"!

ducks
Win It For Ducks!

whottt
05-18-2007, 05:03 PM
Ah I see... after we win tonight we need to hold Rob up in the air and parade him around the court. Actually I just remembered he won't even be there. We're taking this shit!

Either way....I figure a nice big Horry Chant is a nice way to say FU to everyone bashing the Spurs right now, and cement the new makeover. :smokin

I'm not sure he's going to play in game 7...I have absolutely no idea what Pop thinks about all this. If Pop does what he did after Willis tried to decapitate Scott Williams, Horry won't play again this series.

spurster
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
Pop is already on record that he did not think Horry's foul was all that bad.

atxrocker
05-18-2007, 05:09 PM
yeah, do it for dirty thugs! alright!

T Park
05-18-2007, 05:16 PM
yeah, do it for dirty thugs! alright!

just like Doug Christie right you dildo sucking fucktard?

Jimcs50
05-18-2007, 05:19 PM
I hope they retire his jersey here.

For Big Shot Rob! :toast

(I'm using that emoticon way to much!)

They will not retire his jersey, but they might retire his hip.

whottt
05-18-2007, 05:23 PM
Win It For Ducks!

Fuck ducks...when was the last time he made a big shot?

Jimcs50
05-18-2007, 05:25 PM
Fuck ducks...when was the last time he made a big shot?

Fuck Whottt, when was the last time he even made any basket at all?

Tigole Bitties
05-18-2007, 05:27 PM

Uh..... it was the Mavs organization sent him packing. He wanted to play ball for them, but with the salary cap and 1:1 luxury tax penalty, Cuban wanted to save a bucks and let him go.

Don't blame Findog.

conversekid
05-18-2007, 05:30 PM

Win for Duncan..sure.
Paker? Yeah.
Bruce? Of course?
Manu? Ditto...

His team tossed him like yesterday's garbage you retarded smega breath, ball licking retard. He came to the Spurs to be part of a classy organization and play a role; a role that would help us win a title. You truly are a douche bag. :ihit

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 05:31 PM
Win it in spite of Rob's stupid foul.

Jimcs50
05-18-2007, 05:32 PM
His team tossed him like yesterday's garbage you retarded smega breath, ball licking retard. He came to the Spurs to be part of a classy organization and play a role; a role that would help us win a title. You truly are a douche bag. :ihit

:lol

FromWayDowntown
05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
I could see a Yankee Stadium-esque:

Rob-ert Horry! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)
Rob-ert Horry!

just like Doug Christie right you dildo sucking fucktard?

Not to put too fine a point on that one.

bdictjames
05-18-2007, 05:33 PM
Yea!! Mr. Big Shot!!

Anybody know the record for most titles in a career?

Jimcs50
05-18-2007, 05:35 PM

Rob's foul is the reason why we have a chance to close this out tonight, I am positive about that. SA was reeling after blowing that lead in game 4, and Phoenix had finally beaten their toughest rival on their home court, they were brimming with confidence, and they were ready to take it up a notch at home to put SA on the ropes.

Then the suspensions, and SA had their out, they took it and now the tables are turned once again. Rob is the MVP of this series.

You need luck sometimes, the Lakers got their break with the .4 shot, and we got ours with the hard foul.

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
If you guys have so little respect for this team as to think they needed the suspensions to advance, that's fine.

violentkitten
05-18-2007, 05:54 PM
it was stupid, but it was also old school.

atxrocker
05-18-2007, 05:57 PM
but it was also old school.

great. so is segregation. maybe we should bring that back too!

violentkitten
05-18-2007, 05:59 PM
great. so is segregation. maybe we should bring that back too!

equating the tradition set by previous generations of african-american basketball players with segregation. small wonder you follow the kings.

Jimcs50
05-18-2007, 06:09 PM
If you guys have so little respect for this team as to think they needed the suspensions to advance, that's fine.

Let's just say...the odds were improved, yes?

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 06:10 PM
Let's just say...the odds were improved, yes?Let's just say you don't have much respect for this team, yes?

whottt
05-18-2007, 07:28 PM
Fuck Whottt, when was the last time he even made any basket at all?

You see me asking the team to win it for me?

S'what I thought.

whottt
05-18-2007, 07:31 PM
Uh..... it was the Mavs organization sent him packing. He wanted to play ball for them, but with the salary cap and 1:1 luxury tax penalty, Cuban wanted to save a bucks and let him go.

Don't blame Findog.

Bullshit...

He didn't have to go to their #1 rival...who had just won a championship.

THey cut him...oh poor fucking Finley, he's only making 15 mill a year off them. What mistreatment.

They made a business decision..he went to their in-state rival with revenge on his mind...

And Fin was a whining ass when he played for the Mavs too..

Look...you like Finley fine...but win it for him?

Get fucking real. He's like...last on the list.

whottt
05-18-2007, 07:33 PM

What was stupid about it?

kingsfan
05-18-2007, 07:34 PM
yea like that bitch needs another ring.:rolleyes

ChumpDumper
05-18-2007, 07:37 PM
What was stupid about it?He got suspended two games.

spurster
05-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Mission accomplished!

ducks
05-19-2007, 01:27 AM
so does horry play against the jazz?

Ghost Writer
05-19-2007, 09:17 PM
I went to the sports bar today and the big question was whether Horry sent Nash into the scorer's table to incite something (get some Suns ejected) or if it was simply a frustrated veteran sending a message.

In any event, think about how if the Suns had one the next two games, he may have played his last game.

Instead, Horry may be well on his way to a 7th ring and retiring as a champion!

:lol

:cooldevil