PDA

View Full Version : Have we become the Malone/Stockton Utah Jazz? LOL

BigShotBob
05-18-2007, 05:10 PM
I feel like prefacing this with firsttime caller, longtime listener because I'm not much of a message board participant in SpursTalk. First of all, I apologize to everyone who is offended by the title of the post, because believe me -- I hated that team as much as you back in the day.

But reading ESPN and all the sports media outlets, I can't help but feel like we have filled the void left by those Jazz, with one exception of course, we WIN the NBA Finals. :hat

I am by no means talking about player comparisons. Malone and Stockton were far different animals than Duncan and TPark. It's the image of our team as a whole. All the press about dirty defense, cheap shots, "small market" team, underappreciated Hall of Famers, it makes a brother get dizzy. :dizzy

It also reminds me of the same press the Utah Jazz received 24/7 under the Stockton/Malone years. Anyways.. I'll get back to reading, but I think it's only appropriate if we face the Utah Jazz in the next round because so much of the way we are treated these days reminds me of the same "red carpet treatment" that was once given the Jazz.

CubanMustGo
05-18-2007, 05:15 PM
Except you had malone throwing elbows all year, every year.