PDA

View Full Version : my hat goes off to Nash

nkdlunch
05-18-2007, 11:19 PM
what heart, what hustle, how clutch.

what a performance, Nash is the heart and sould of the Suns.

He never complained or got into the crying or whining.

Thanks Nash for such good competition.

Spurminator
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Nash now has a permanent place in my nightmares.

Tigole Bitties
05-18-2007, 11:21 PM
Uh.... he whines quite a bit on the court.

and he pushes off with his off arm on every drive to the basket.

nkdlunch
05-18-2007, 11:22 PM
Uh.... he whines quite a bit on the court.

and he pushes off with his off arm on every drive to the basket.

all spurs do that too

Sweetey
05-18-2007, 11:25 PM

Nash is now WHINNER #2 of the NBA. Missy deeeeeeantoni is still #1, but his little girl, missy nash is running a very close second.

SpursIndonesia
05-18-2007, 11:25 PM
Yep, i'm not gonna complain about whining in the game, fact that TD's my favourite player. Nash doesn't bitch & moan off the court, esp. to the media, that commands respect due to his whiney team & fans. He's deserving his 2 MVP accolades in my book.

Capt Bringdown
05-18-2007, 11:27 PM
Nash's gotta be one of the best over 30 players of all time.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
Unfortunately, he's the only person on our team (coach included) who doesn't have his head permanently lodged in his ass.

conversekid
05-18-2007, 11:29 PM
Nash has my respect. He is the only Sun that does.

Sweetey
05-18-2007, 11:30 PM
Unfortunately, he's the only person on our team (coach included) who doesn't have his head permanently lodged in his ass.
YOU have more sense than many of the stupid Spurs posters here !! BUT Nash still should've gotten two techincals during this game. The Spurs damn sure would've.

Tippecanoe
05-18-2007, 11:34 PM

co sign

Leetonidas
05-18-2007, 11:36 PM
Nash was whining tonight because his team was getting owned and they needed calls.

I respect Nash. He's a great guy, a warrior on the court, and he has tons of heart and determination. Too bad he'll never win a championship in Phoenix, he's a great player and he certainly deserves it.

SpursIndonesia
05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
YOU have more sense than many of the stupid Spurs posters here !! BUT Nash still should've gotten two techincals during this game. The Spurs damn sure would've.

Fact that the game has refs to officiate it, why you hold Nash responsible for the noncalling by the refs ?

CubanMustGo
05-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Nash deserves to play on a team with a real coach. Nellie? D'asani?

Borosai
05-18-2007, 11:39 PM
I agree. Except for his habit of jumping into defenders, he's amazing. Almost made a sequel to game 4. As much as we've bashed him (esp. with images), he has my respect. As a measure of my respect, I will not doctor any more images of Nash...at least for a long time.

I hope she's hot.

austinfan
05-18-2007, 11:43 PM
Nash deserves to play on a team with a real coach. Nellie? D'asani?

The Suns should ditch D'Antoni and make Nash player-coach.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-18-2007, 11:44 PM
Nash is a great competitor. He should get his due eventually. Just not this year.

DePastino
05-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Nash is a great competitor. He should get his due eventually. Just not this year.

He's running out of time (he's 34) and this Suns team will likely not look the same come October.

dtrain
05-18-2007, 11:51 PM
Nash is very clutch! He about gave me a heart attack in the 4th Q there.

possessed
05-18-2007, 11:52 PM
Heidie Fleiss played his nuts off again. Better luck next year.

Trainwreck2100
05-18-2007, 11:54 PM
That little gnat didn't want to go away. Thank God for Barbosa's chokejob.

manubili
in a couple of years Nash will have to come to the spurs for a low contract, be prime Tony's luxury back up, then he will have the ring he so much deserves.

TampaDude

Ditto...Nash is $$$...every time he jacked up a 3, you knew it was gonna go...that guy just DOES NOT FUCKING MISS!

Here's to you, Steve Nash! :toast

Fernando TD21
Nash is a winner surrounded by a not so good team. He can turn the game by himself in a few minutes. :clap :clap
He have my respect although I won't promess to stop making funny pictures with his funny face.

NZ Spurs
05-19-2007, 12:02 AM
Where was Nash all game? He hit some shots in the 4th but they were out of desperation...

I think this loss is on his shoulders. Full credit to Bowen who showed how much of a joke the DPOY voting was. But Nash needed to take over earlier and look for his own shot.

And yes, Nash is a great person, but what does that have to do with Basketball?

GO SPURS, BYE SUNS.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2007, 12:03 AM
people should have seen this before this series.

they guy is all about team play, winning, and sportsmanship.

Um, I think a lot of people did... :wtf

Nash is one of the greats. Without him the Suns would be an 8-seed at best. He's also a smart and genuine guy who never makes excuses and fights until the very end.

Much respect, Steve Nash...

I just had a flashback - I was in Phoenix in Feb and went to a game wearing my Spurs jersey. I was talking to some Suns fans who were saying they thought it might be their year, and the way we were playing at the time I had to agree with them. Then one of them turned to me and said, "You guys scare me though... every year you seem to stand in our way." I just smiled and said nothing. How right he was! :lol

SpurDawg
05-19-2007, 12:05 AM
I have to agree he's a class act!

NotaWhiner
05-19-2007, 12:06 AM
The Suns should ditch D'Antoni and make Nash player-coach.

I think most of us here in Phoenix would go for that.

Hmmm, maybe I should start the petition

:bang

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:07 AM
Without him the Suns would be an 8-seed at best.

And without Duncan, the Spurs would be...?

Extra Stout
05-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Nash is so money. You know every game in the fourth quarter, if he has anything left in the tank, he's going to hit another gear and simply be unstoppable. The Suns put up 39 in the fourth quarter tonight, and anybody with any sense knew it was going to happen. I just kept counting down until the Spurs got to 105 or so, when I knew they were safe.

If only he had teammates, or a coach.

Texas_Ranger
05-19-2007, 12:09 AM
Respect to Nash.

Scotti
05-19-2007, 12:11 AM

You can answer that for us. Both are equally important to their respective teams, and deserve tonnes of respect. :clap

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 12:12 AM

The Spurs without Duncan???

http://server6.uploadit.org/files/Kijinnmaru-inconceivable.jpg

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Nash is so money. You know every game in the fourth quarter, if he has anything left in the tank, he's going to hit another gear and simply be unstoppable. The Suns put up 39 in the fourth quarter tonight, and anybody with any sense knew it was going to happen. I just kept counting down until the Spurs got to 105 or so, when I knew they were safe.

If only he had teammates, or a coach.

Exactly...I just KNEW that big Suns run was coming...Nash is a fucking machine...that's why I wanted the Spurs to have a big lead in the 4th...fortunately, it was enough. :toast

mikekim
05-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I didn't fully realize just how incredible nash really is until watching him in so many consecutive games in this series...

just an incredibly talented player. I don't think I ever saw him make the wrong decision (he might've fucked up a couple times executing that decision). So smart, so talented (amare misses out on one of those last two things).

Borosai
05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
The Suns have a lot of offensively talented players, and great athletes that should be very good defenders. Next time D'Antoni states that the Suns are the more talented team, he should immediately follow it up with "but our coaching sucks."

RuffnReadyOzStyle

An 8th seed at best.

You miss my point which is just how great he is and how valuable to your team. It was a compliment. :rolleyes

GSH
He's on the post-game interview right now, whining about Game 5...over and over.

Fuck him. I can admit that he has game, but forget about having class. At least Amare Stoudamire was a man in the interview.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
Well said, Extra Stout.

Exactly...I just KNEW that big Suns run was coming...Nash is a fucking machine...that's why I wanted the Spurs to have a big lead in the 4th...fortunately, it was enough. :toast

Oh, so you learned from calling the game over in game 4 half way through the 4th? Good for you. :rolleyes

I noticed you didn't call it today. Well done.

T Park
05-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Steve NASH is probobly the best point guard in the history of the NBA.

The game he played tonight was unreal.

The pass he made in the second quarter to Stoudamire, wrapping it around Duncan and jumping between duncan and Finley, was the most amazing pass I'd ever seen.

Nash is a hell of a player.

If the Suns were smart, they would hire Jeff Van Gundy.

mikekim
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM
If the Suns were smart, they would hire Jeff Van Gundy.

That would be the worst decision they could make. Van Gundy would turn them into something they're not. Now...if they hire him, with D'antoni kept as an assistant (or "right-hand man" coach), it might work out. D'antoni seems more suited to be an assistant coach anyways (he'll have a high salary though, for an assistant).

Well, I guess, given the team, you could keep D'antoni as the head coach and bring Van Gundy in as a very highly paid assistant (with a lot of authority).

SpursIndonesia
05-19-2007, 12:41 AM
JVG would do a great job in installing defensive scheme & mentality to this Suns team. Nash is already the Suns's brain in offense, so i think he would be smart enough to not interfere there.

If they could prey Camby by using Barbosa + pick as the trade bait, and getting JVG as the coach, they could turn into a darn good, balanced team IMHO.

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 12:46 AM
This isn't news to some of you, I'm sure, but as good as you thought Nash played this series, it was nothing compared to what we've seen from him this season (and yes, I give the credit to Bowen for that -- the defensive MVP of the series, if you ask me). You should see how the guy plays against lesser defenses.

ducks
05-19-2007, 12:47 AM
nash has 2 years left
why did not nash take over in the third?
that is when his team needed him
the fourth it was to late

ducks
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
This isn't news to some of you, I'm sure, but as good as you thought Nash played this series, it was nothing compared to what we've seen from him this season (and yes, I give the credit to Bowen for that -- the defensive MVP of the series, if you ask me). You should see how the guy plays against lesser defenses.
I agree with you
this was not nashes best series
nash can play alot better then what he played
props to bowen and tp

ambchang
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Nash is awesome, his will to win is the most respectful aspect of his game, and that is really saying something.
I also loved the way Kurt Thomas and Raja Bell played, a little chippy sometimes, but they seem to know that it's the playoffs.

ducks
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
nash problem
duncans prime is now

smrattler
05-19-2007, 12:54 AM

I was thinking the same until I saw the postgame interview. :dramaquee

SpursIndonesia
05-19-2007, 01:01 AM
Blah, the man is venting in the heat & hurt of the loss, that's still quite acceptable in my book. He's still human by the way.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
:lol @ this thread

He whined like a bitch all game tonight and then whined some more in the postgame.

My hat stays on my head :lol

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:06 AM

He whined like a bitch all game tonight and then whined some more in the postgame.

My shoe is in my mouth. I was completely wrong. He's a fucking bitch. Should have known not to give anybody in that organization a lick of credit.

At least he has Shaq and Lebron's MVP trophies to keep him company.

NZ Spurs
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Steve NASH is probobly the best point guard in the history of the NBA.

Throw a behind the back pass and your better than Magic?

Bowen went off on Nash the last two games. Man, How many turnovers did Nash have? Where was he for the first three quarters?

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM

What's wrong with giving props? People are allowed to admire the competition..

besides. not everyone is that cynical about it.

I didn't really care that he was getting unraveled in the game. I did think he should have gotten a technical. But the guys frickin' 33 and he was just getting caught up in the game. Who cares what he said in the post-interview. His seasons over. It's equivalent to holding him to a standardized "correct answer" big deal, and reserving respect to the bar that's arbitrarily set.

It's not like we're "eating our words" from this thread, just because he showed he was human. No one was painting him like a saint, the guy went down swinging as a leader.

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 01:43 AM
And I'll say this: if Nash really did think the Suns were cheated by the NBA, then he has my respect for not saying anything about it until after the series was over.

x_roux_x
05-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Game 6 and the Suns lose....And all I saw all game long was Nash complain...He may represent himself better off the court and with the media but i an can not be the only person that catches his subtle insults all the time...He is a very good player and seemingly a good guy for the most part...But I will not say anything other than that in the good column for him...he is a whiner deluxe....and he does make some dirty moves....but it doesnt matter anymore...they get to go home tonight and I dont see Nash Having many more seasons left in him like the last 3...

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2007, 01:59 AM

I didn't really care that he was getting unraveled in the game. I did think he should have gotten a technical. But the guys frickin' 33 and he was just getting caught up in the game. Who cares what he said in the post-interview. His seasons over. It's equivalent to holding him to a standardized "correct answer" big deal, and reserving respect to the bar that's arbitrarily set.

It's not like we're "eating our words" from this thread, just because he showed he was human. No one was painting him like a saint, the guy went down swinging as a leader.AMEN!! I don't mind the bitching at the end, in fact, it is a BITCH when your season ends, so why not be a bitch along with that fact? :lol The point is Nash didn't whine nearly half as much as his girlfriends during the series. Props for playing like a man, and taking it like one as well.

DDUBB1770
05-19-2007, 02:35 AM
He may say what he about the series being not right with the suspensions but the guy is the man as spurs fans we must all give it to him, he is a player...... an MVP for sure regardless if he pays d or not he is a PLAYER!!!

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 02:37 AM

It's not like we're "eating our words" from this thread, just because he showed he was human. No one was painting him like a saint, the guy went down swinging as a leader.

Nothing is wrong with giving props - you can do whatever you want. Am I not allowed to give my opinion like everyone else?

Get rid of your fucking attitude with me.

SA210
05-19-2007, 02:41 AM

:smokin

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 04:01 AM
Nothing is wrong with giving props - you can do whatever you want. Am I not allowed to give my opinion like everyone else?

Get rid of your fucking attitude with me.
I think I was just disagreeing with your post, I wasn't saying you were wrong to poke fun at some of the posters who overdid the Nash praise during the series or had no right to.

Sorry if my post rubbed you the wrong way.

timvp
05-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Nash is a cry baby whiner the likes I haven't seen in a Spurs' opponent since . . . on second thought, I think he tops the list. I would say George Karl, but he admitted it was an act after the series and apologized.

Nash just keeps getting worse and worse.

aaronstampler
05-19-2007, 04:11 AM
I lost a lot of respect for Nash. Everyone who calls him a superstar and the best player in the NBA seems to conveniently forget that the basketball court has two nets. He gets protected for his abysmal defense more than any superstar ever, getting to just hide in the corner on Bruce all day.

I wish we could do Game 5 over again, and we'll make a deal with them. We'll let you guys play with Amare and Diaw, but you gotta let Nash cover Tony or Manu all night. Maybe when he gets burned for his 48th consecutive lay-up somebody will realize that a real NBA star plays both ends.

Slomo
05-19-2007, 04:12 AM
Nash is a cry baby whiner the likes I haven't seen in a Spurs' opponent since . . . on second thought, I think he tops the list. I would say George Karl, but he admitted it was an act after the series and apologized.

Nash just keeps getting worse and worse.I'm guessing your hat is also staying on your head?

Which is a good thing! :lol

P.S. My daughter wants to know have you bought a new hat yet?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 04:18 AM
Throw a behind the back pass and your better than Magic?

Magic was a better point guard than nash before the end of his rookie season, but only because Magic was the starting center in game seven of the finals. By the way he dropped 42 points, 15 boards and seven assists if I'm not mistaken.

raspsa
05-19-2007, 05:21 AM
If I was putting a team together from active playes, I'd pick Nash to be my PG. Sure he was complaining a lot in the last game but maybe so would you after being hounded all game long by Bowen. I fantasize what a backcourt of Manu and Nash would be like.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 05:28 AM
I think Nash needs to learn to just let it go. I think he forgot you can't argue with things beyond your control, which he was doing. Amare and Nash reversed roles. Amare whined early. Nash kept a cool head in every single one of his post-conference interviews and kept it bottled up -- til' he kept going back to the damn suspension thing over and over.

Obviously when he said "I dislike sayin, 'oh we'll get it next year. we'll work harder' " he wanted it now. Too bad. Anyway, all this asterisk talk will get buried anyway.

Gerryatrics
05-19-2007, 05:37 AM
Nash was incredible in this series, I'm not afraid to give props to him. I think some of the homers should recognize that just because someone plays against your team, it doesn't mean they're the reincarnation of Hitler.

wildbill2u
05-19-2007, 08:00 AM
I'm not gonna dis Nash for whining last night. Tim whines a lot too in games that are much less crucial.

Nash probably saw his best chance at a championship disappearing in the third quarter.

Meanwhile, you have to respect him as a premiere PG and clutch shooter and 'game' down to his core.

sammy
05-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Nash is a great player but he lost my respect with his whining on the podium in the post-game interview with the media!

CharlieMac
05-19-2007, 08:18 AM
He was kind of a bitch this last game. I dont want to hear anyone in Phoenix ever speak of Duncan whining again.

But he was clutch in a few games.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 08:21 AM
Nash was incredible in this series, I'm not afraid to give props to him. I think some of the homers should recognize that just because someone plays against your team, it doesn't mean they're the reincarnation of Hitler.

http://www.leninimports.com/adolf_hitler_biography_2.jpg
http://www.nba.com/media/euro_dantoni_122205.jpg

Whatever do you mean?

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 08:23 AM
Well said, Extra Stout.

Oh, so you learned from calling the game over in game 4 half way through the 4th? Good for you. :rolleyes

I noticed you didn't call it today. Well done.

Actually, I did...I bet on the Suns in Game 5, and they lost, I said the Suns would win Game 6, and they lost...I should be MVP! :lol