05-18-2007, 11:34 PM
i was thinking about this today. payback time

:makemyday

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Indeed. We do

ShoogarBear
05-18-2007, 11:53 PM
Only Houston has caused us more historical playoff pain.

The easy part is over, now with Utah and the Pistons, the real work starts.

samikeyp
05-18-2007, 11:55 PM
Hell yeah.

Louie Vega
05-19-2007, 12:11 AM
I remember watching Utah thrash the Spurs in the regular season and playoffs back then! As much as we hate the Lakers and mavs, Utah is the one team that would humiliate the Spurs and took great pleasure doing it. But you know my motto ! Karma's a bitch, Payback's a motherfucker!

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2007, 12:11 AM
Let the chode bloading begin :smokin

spurs1990
05-19-2007, 12:14 AM
I'm shuddering at how the officiating will be in the delta center.

Quasar
05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Definitely payback time.

Okur still scares me though - that guy has been a spur killer over and over again.

T Park
05-19-2007, 12:47 PM
Most definately time for some long long overdue payback.

cornbread
05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
This brings up a lot of bad memories of pwnage served up by Utah. Although I don't hate this Jazz team like Malone and Stockton's Jazz, a victory would be very nice.

MissouriSpur
05-19-2007, 12:52 PM
This Utah team is not has hatable.......

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Spurs will DOMINATE!!!

Russ
05-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Payback for Karl Malone's elbow in DRob's face. :)

efrem1
05-19-2007, 01:12 PM

Oh Spurs 1990, it's now Energy Solutions Arena. Kinda like At&T Center being reanamed Body Solutions Arena. :spin

timvp
05-19-2007, 01:28 PM
This thread should be pinned.

I respect the Utah Jazz. Heck, the Spurs were built by Pop using the Jazz model of rugged defense and precision halfcourt offense. The Spurs basically took the Jazz model from the mid-90's and built upon it, so I have respect for how Jerry Sloan runs that team.

That said, the Jazz are my number one most hated team of all-time. There's no player I hated more than Karl Malone. John Stockton was as dirty as any player in the league ... and then would flop like a fish out of water.

Some Spurs fans may say the Lakers or Mavs are the Spurs' biggest rival, I think it has always been the Utah Jazz. The Spurs never did get revenge for those defeats in the '90s. Even through all these championship runs, the one wound that was never healed was the wound left by those Jazz.

http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg
Remember The Elbow

This series can go a long ways toward stitching up that wound. The time for payback has finally arrived.

Revenge.

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:31 PM
I remember we all thought wed have a shot at that revenge in 99, but Portland beat them in the second round.

Its time now, to pay the sons of bitches back.

longrod
05-19-2007, 01:34 PM
David Robinson was always too soft. There's a new team in town now.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
were gonna get fucked by the refs in the salt pallas

:rolleyes

But seriously,

I guess I'm not the only one that remembers Bryon Russell's dunk?

gino>yourlife
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
stickied, nice

i hope bowen dismantles chernobyl's hometown hero kirlikenko

smeagol
05-19-2007, 01:38 PM
You are goint to wake up the three t beast with that comment and he will chew your ass in no time :lol

timvp
05-19-2007, 01:38 PM

Turn in your Spurs fandom card. Do not pass go and do not collect $200.

Thanks.

txmed
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
stickied, nice

i hope bowen dismantles chernobyl's hometown hero kirlikenko

I don't think we need to worry about that. Ak-47 will revert to his regular season form against the Spurs' defense.

Bruce will see a lot of time on Deron Williams. And rightly. That kid is turning into a fine PG.

Thomas
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Has anyone a link to the elbow of Karl Malone?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I never hated a player like I hate Karl Malone. John Stockton did a lot of things that were walking the edge, and sometimes crossed it but he always did it trying to win. Malone did so many things over his career with the specific intent to injure or to cause as much damage to someone as possible. The elbow to Robinson was just fuel to the fire. I hated him from the time he opened up Isiah, and I was before I was a full blown Spurs fan.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Has anyone a link to the elbow of Karl Malone?

Karl Malone is a Menace (http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html)

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:45 PM
I guess I'm not the only one that remembers Bryon Russell's dunk?

If its where they stole the ball from Dale ellis, the dunker was David Benoit.

That motherfucking piece of shit.

Thomas
05-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Karl Malone is a Menace (http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html)

thx, greetings from Belgium Bruges

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
Even through all these championship runs, the one wound that was never healed was the wound left by those Jazz.

Revenge.In terms of painful playoff series, oldtimers might argue that Houston has inflicted even more, since they've also never beaten them and they robbed the Spurs of two sure trips to the Finals and 1981 and 1995

But when you add the faces of Stockton and Malone to the mix, Utah represents Public Enemy #1 through the years.

whottt
05-19-2007, 01:52 PM
Chalk me up as one who considers the Jazz as the Spurs true archnemesis....well along with the Rockets...but I always hated the Jazz more. THe Rockets have redemmed themselves slightly by producing Horry and Elie...

0 fer against them in the playoffs mean they own us...

But so do the Jazz...and the Jazz were much bigger asses about it.

It's time for that to change.

We'll need shooting to win this series...no one packs the paint like Sloan's Jazz teams.

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 01:53 PM

Tim Duncan's only first-round playoff exit.

EDIT: I am an idiot.

whottt
05-19-2007, 01:54 PM

Tim Duncan's only first-round playoff exit.

Right, except that it was in the second round ;)

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:54 PM
You know, deep down, David Robinson wants the Spurs to administer some hardcore serious payback.

whottt
05-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Oh and shortrod can go eff himself.

No need for one of my tirades...TimVP already his shut his show down.

timvp
05-19-2007, 01:57 PM
AK47 dates back to the Stockton to Malone days, so at least the revenge can still be sweet. Not to mention Jerry Sloan.

And yeah, the Rockets are up there but the Jazz span both the David Robinson era and the Tim Duncan era. And when the Rockets beat the Spurs, it was usually due to talent. The Jazz, on the other hand, would just beat the crap out of the Spurs with a smile on their face and move on.

whottt
05-19-2007, 01:58 PM
The Rockets ownership actually dates back to Gervin and Silas...

It's a score that needs to be settled...but not as badly as the humiliating losses to the Jazz.

We always seemed to get unlucky against them...

bonesinaz
05-19-2007, 01:59 PM

Yes it is....Derek Fisher

Quasar
05-19-2007, 02:01 PM
David Robinson was always too soft. There's a new team in town now.You probably watched enough TV to convince yourself that you're a true Spurs fan.

Unfortunately, too much ESPN and too little Spurs made you a bandwagoner *and* an ignorant 'fan'.

TheTruth
05-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Time to finish what Tim's feet wouldn't let us last time. Fuck the Jazz. Fuck their dumbass owner. And fuck Jeff Hornacek. I always hated him.

Ishta
05-19-2007, 02:02 PM
I will never forget that elbow. You know for a fact David will be at every single game with a big grin on his face as we dismantle and destroy the Jazz. The Utah Jazz deserve to be pummeledunder the Spurs feet, and I for one will enjoy EVERY single second of it :devil :devil :devil

:flag: :flag: :flag:

maxpower
05-19-2007, 02:07 PM
we did not get unlucky...we just got taken out to the woodshed.

longrod
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
I'm no fan of pussies. Even if they were Spurs.

whottt
05-19-2007, 02:08 PM
The playoff series against the Jazz were probably what shortened Drob's basketball career more than any other thing....they beat the shit out of Drob, and they are the team more than any other that made me a fan 3 point shooters...because our 3 shooting was why we could never beat them.

Some of those series it was literally the entire Jazz team mugging Drob in the post...Stockton going for the knee, Malone going for the head...and the rest of them jumping in as well. They beat the crap out of Drob....

Ishta
05-19-2007, 02:10 PM
The playoff series against the Jazz were probably what shortened Drob's basketball career more than any other thing....they beat the shit out of Drob, and they are the team more than any other that made me a fan 3 point shooters...because our 3 shooting was why we could never beat them.

Some of those series it was literally the entire Jazz team mugging Drob in the post...Stockton going for the knee, Malone going for the head...and the rest of them jumping in as well. They beat the crap out of Drob....
Yes they did, and now it's time to pay the piper.:devil

whottt
05-19-2007, 02:13 PM

No...you're just an idiot that wouldn't know the game of basketball if you had one stuck up your ass.

If you are a Spurfan...you're the biggest piece of shit to ever be one...congrats.

Now leave.

timvp
05-19-2007, 02:14 PM

I can only laugh at what Nash and D'Antoni would have done playing against those Jazz. Those Jazz were the most physical, dirty teams I've ever seen in the NBA.

Stockton would literally dive at the bigmen's knees to see what kind of damage he could inflict. Malone would come flying down the lane with his knees and elbows out. And if you happened to touch either one of them, they'd flop onto the ground before you knew what happened.

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 02:17 PM
AK47 dates back to the Stockton to Malone days, so at least the revenge can still be sweet. Not to mention Jerry Sloan.

And yeah, the Rockets are up there but the Jazz span both the David Robinson era and the Tim Duncan era. And when the Rockets beat the Spurs, it was usually due to talent. The Jazz, on the other hand, would just beat the crap out of the Spurs with a smile on their face and move on.In 81 (I know, you were probably just being born), the Spurs were 52-30 and the Rockets were 40-42. The Rockets upset the 54-28 Lakers in the best-of-three miniseries (man, those were the days), and then beat the Spurs 4-3 by winning three of four games at the HemisFair.

What was really painful was that in the other semifinal, the 40-42 KC-Omaha Kings beat the #1 seed Suns (who I'm sure had some sort of excuse), setting up a WCF matchup of two 40-win teams. If the Spurs had beaten Houston, they would have coasted to the Finals. :bang

Admittedly, Moses Malone just by himself was a tough playoff matchup, but no way did those Rockets have more talent.

longrod
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
No...you're just an idiot that wouldn't know the game of basketball if you had one stuck up your ass.

If you are a Spurfan...you're the biggest piece of shit to ever be one...congrats.

Now leave.

Robinson needs to teach you about Jesus. You're letting them both down.

Cant_Be_Faded
05-19-2007, 02:22 PM
It's time to go to WAR :smokin

PUT 'EM UP I SAIDDDDDD!!!!!!

judgement day is upon us.

whottt
05-19-2007, 02:27 PM

I'm about as far away from David Robinson as you can get...that doesn't make you any less of a douche.

Spurminator
05-19-2007, 02:32 PM
I wish the Jazz could somehow sign Malone to a temporary contract for this series.

longrod
05-19-2007, 02:33 PM
I'm about as far away from David Robinson as you can get...

No doubt about it.

whottt
05-19-2007, 02:34 PM
And that makes you less of a piece of shit, how?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:35 PM
If its where they stole the ball from Dale ellis, the dunker was David Benoit.

That motherfucking piece of shit.
Yeah, Russell didn't sound right but I couldn't get the names and the faces straight.

Are we both talking about when he leaked out to seal the game that elimnated the Spurs? I don't know why that has always stuck with me.

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 02:38 PM
I wish the Jazz could somehow sign Malone to a temporary contract for this series.That's certainly not because of a lack of willingness on Malone's part.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:43 PM
Look, fuckstick. You can say a lot of shit about David Robinson. He didn't want to win as much as anyone else? Fine. He didn't bring effort every game? Sure. He never lived up to the incredible physical gifts he was given? Okay.

But don't call him a pussy or soft and expect those of us that watched him get the living fuck beat out of him for ten years without so much as a whisper about it calling your stupid ass out for it. That motherfucker went to the line more than anyone but Karl Malone. He had no teammates to help him out; the Spurs never had a point guard and a three point shooter for a full year for much of his career and still won more games than other teams with two hall of famers over the same period of time.

If you're gonna fucking troll, then you need to change your team affilitation, because you ain't gonna be welcome here. Otherwise you can apoligize for your ignorance and we'll move on.

Strike
05-19-2007, 02:43 PM
People can hate Karl Malone all they want. He was a dirty mother fucker who couldn't win a ring on his own so he (along with Gary Payton) tried to piggy back one in LA. Too bad :lol it didn't work.

Besides, The Admiral has the ultimate scoreboard on Karl Malone.

Championships:

David Robinson: 2
Karl Malone: 0

SCOREBOARD

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 02:49 PM
We owe Utah and Houston.

SRJ
05-19-2007, 03:05 PM
In his rookie season, Tim Duncan had his difficulties against the Utah Jazz: 1-3 in the regular season, 1-4 in the playoffs.

Apparently, Tim took it personal.

In the nine seasons since, the Spurs are 27-7 against the Jazz.

Guess what? Timmy still owes them a playoff series.

There's no Stockton and Malone on this team; and the children shall suffer for the sins of their parents...

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 03:14 PM
To paraphrase another famous San Antonio saying, "Remember the elbow!!!"

The Jazz are going DOWN!!! :ihit

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 03:16 PM

Jesus loves you.

Everyone else thinks you're an asshole. :lol

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 03:24 PM
can utah sign karl malone for one game to come in and body check tony parker so tim duncan and manu ginobili can get suspended?

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 03:27 PM
can utah sign karl malone for one game to come in and body check tony parker so tim duncan and manu ginobili can get suspended?

Wouldn't happen. TD and Gino would have enough sense to stay on the fucking bench, unlike those two monumental chowderheads from PHX. :lol :lol

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 03:28 PM
Of course, if Utah signed Malone, he would body check Parker, and but Duncan and Ginobili wouldn't do anything to get suspended.

That's the difference.

Inability to recognize that = King Fan.

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 03:28 PM
o rly? i have visual proof to prove you WRONG!

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 03:31 PM
o rly? i have visual proof to prove you WRONG!

Really? Put up or shut the fuck up.

spurschick
05-19-2007, 03:32 PM

The series hasn't started yet. I'm sure they'll be plenty hatable by 5:00pm CST tomorrow.

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 03:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb1T89Xw9kc

Deede4525
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM

Then you must be on the wrong board, because DRob WAS the Spurs for a

long damn time and he was NEVER a pussy! :flipoff

I really hate getting pissed at a Spurs fan so I wonder if you are

one? :p:

Calling DRob soft is hilarious! :lmao Just because David was a gentlemen,

didn't mean he was soft! :nope

:flag:

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Someone's opinion in the form of TV show constitutes "video proof" to you?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Fuck it. I'm just going to laugh at you for a while about this.

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 03:50 PM

BZZZZT! Wrong! There was no altercation at that time. TD saw that Elson was slow getting up, and was going to make sure his his teammate was okay. Elson did nothing to give any impression that he was going to start a fight. There was no altercation, not even close. Elson looked at the ref, pleading for a foul, and when no foul was called, he got up and went down the court. TD went back to the bench when he saw that Elson was okay.

That play and the Horry flagrant are not even comparable. The NBA, which is the final arbiter of such matters, agrees with me 100%.

Try again, loser. :lmao

Russ
05-19-2007, 03:52 PM
Some Spurs fans may say the Lakers or Mavs are the Spurs' biggest rival, I think it has always been the Utah Jazz. The Spurs never did get revenge for those defeats in the '90s.

Remember when Avery was leading the cheers at the '99 Championship celebration?

He said, "Did the Lakers win the title?" and crowd yelled out "Noooooo."

"Did Portland win the title?" "Noooooo."

"Did the Rockets win the title?" "Noooooo."

Then pauses.

"So did Utah win the title?" Then Avery interrupts the crowd, "Hell No."

:clap :clap :clap

Money316
05-19-2007, 03:53 PM
I can only laugh at what Nash and D'Antoni would have done playing against those Jazz.

:baby LMAO ....

Russ
05-19-2007, 03:54 PM
Definitely payback time.

Okur still scares me though - that guy has been a spur killer over and over again.

Don't worry -- It's well known that Turks don't play well in San Antonio.

Borosai
05-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Well, since sigs are deactivated, and will probably remain so for a while, I will post my obligatory trading card dedicated to this series. I am certain it will bring good fortune, with a twist of revenge.

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/6776/stcardsloansarumanjc3.jpg

timvp
05-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Remember when Avery was leading the cheers at the '99 Championship celebration?

He said, "Did the Lakers win the title?" and crowd yelled out "Noooooo."

"Did Portland win the title?" "Noooooo."

"Did the Rockets win the title?" "Noooooo."

Then pauses.

"So did Utah win the title?" Then Avery interrupts the crowd, "Hell No."

:clap :clap :clap

Exactly.

Mortal Enemy number #1.

:devil

teamster
05-19-2007, 04:53 PM

:makemyday Nice title for this stupid ass thread!!! You need to learn 2 spell you idiot.... owe or own? you with!! Utah is going to thump your spurs, Duncan & Parker are no match for Boozer & D-Will... owe !!!! LOL :lol

timvp
05-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Nice title for this stupid ass thread!!! You need to learn 2 spell you idiot.... owe or own? you with!! Utah is going to thump your spurs, Duncan & Parker are no match for Boozer & D-Will... owe !!!! LOL :lol

Utah's public schools need help.

ASAP.

whottt
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Nice title for this stupid ass thread!!! You need to learn 2 spell you idiot.... owe or own? you with!! Utah is going to thump your spurs, Duncan & Parker are no match for Boozer & D-Will... owe !!!! LOL :lol

Jizzfan...if you weren't an idiot you'd know that the guy you are calling out as stupid probably shits more IQ than you have in your entire body(AJ Jocking and Barry hating aside)...

The man said owe, he meant owe....

It's you that stupid....about your own team.

teamster
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Good luck to all you spurs fanzzzz!!! I hope your ready to see your spurs lose their ass's!!! This year is our year 2 go back to the finals & this year we will win a championship..... Jazz in 5....... Go Jazz!!

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Nice title for this stupid ass thread!!! You need to learn 2 spell you idiot.... owe or own? you with!! Utah is going to thump your spurs, Duncan & Parker are no match for Boozer & D-Will... owe !!!! LOL

First rule of trash talk...know what the fuck you are talking about.

Thank you, drive through.
(A phrase, no doubt, you are used to hearing)

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
Utah's public schools need help.

ASAP.
New Mexico has been sending its retarded people to Utah to be teachers for years. I don't know why it isn't helping.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 05:36 PM
New Mexico has been sending its retarded people to Utah to be teachers for years. I don't know why it isn't helping.

I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I see you've set aside this special time to humiliate yourself in public.
I see that you still haven't answered the question, and are now following me around.

Hey, Chump! I have a groupie, too! I think I'll name him taint.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
I see that you still haven't answered the question, and are now following me around.

Hey, Chump! I have a groupie, too! I think I'll name him taint.

Dude, you're surfing in Nebraska.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM

You are intelligent. Now piss off.

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM
JAZZ-SPURS RESEARCH NOTES
• Since the postseason format expanded to 16 teams in 1984, this is only the second Conference Finals that has not featured either the No. 1 or No. 2 seed. The only other time it happened was in 1990, when the No. 3 Blazers beat the No. 5 Suns to advance to the NBA Finals.

• The team that wins Game 1 of a best-of-seven Conference Finals wins the series 80.6% (79-19) of the time. Best-of-seven Conference Finals began in 1958. Prior to that, Conference Finals were best-of-two or best-of-three games.

• The Jazz have lost 16 straight games to the Spurs in San Antonio (all in the regular season). Their last win in San Antonio was Feb. 28, 1999. Karl Malone (30 points) and John Stockton (14 points, 10 assists) led Utah to the win that day. Current Spurs guard Jacque Vaughn was on that Utah team.

• The Spurs better win at home in this series. In their postseason history against Jazz, the Spurs are 4-3 against the Jazz in San Antonio. The Spurs have never beaten the Jazz in a postseason game in Utah (0-8).

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2007/series?series=uthsas

longrod
05-19-2007, 06:28 PM
Look, fuckstick. You can say a lot of shit about David Robinson. He didn't want to win as much as anyone else? Fine. He didn't bring effort every game? Sure. He never lived up to the incredible physical gifts he was given? Okay.

But don't call him a pussy or soft and expect those of us that watched him get the living fuck beat out of him for ten years without so much as a whisper about it calling your stupid ass out for it. That motherfucker went to the line more than anyone but Karl Malone. He had no teammates to help him out; the Spurs never had a point guard and a three point shooter for a full year for much of his career and still won more games than other teams with two hall of famers over the same period of time.

If you're gonna fucking troll, then you need to change your team affilitation, because you ain't gonna be welcome here. Otherwise you can apoligize for your ignorance and we'll move on.

Excuses, excuses. You're just another dumbass "tough guy" behind the keyboard. LOL!

ForeignFan
05-19-2007, 06:34 PM
we do not care about past statistics, what is the point of saying Spurs are 0-8 in Morons City ? :wtf
Just beat the crap out of them ! :ihit

longrod
05-19-2007, 06:36 PM
Calling DRob soft is hilarious! :lmao Just because David was a gentlemen,

I didn't even know he had MPD.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 06:42 PM
I never hated a player like I hate Karl Malone. John Stockton did a lot of things that were walking the edge, and sometimes crossed it but he always did it trying to win. Malone did so many things over his career with the specific intent to injure or to cause as much damage to someone as possible. The elbow to Robinson was just fuel to the fire. I hated him from the time he opened up Isiah, and I was before I was a full blown Spurs fan.

Obstructed, so I guess you celebrated 5 championships. You also celebrated when the Bulls bitch slapped the Jazz. Am I right? :lol

jazzman12
05-19-2007, 06:44 PM
As a Jazz fan, I feel that I need to jump in and defend Malone a Stockton a little bit, even if that means you guys thrash me.

In regards to Karl Malone's elbow to D-Rob: That was are reckless play, but not one that was meant to intentionally hurt D-Rob. If you watch it, Malone cannot clearly see that Robinson is standing behind him. When Malone comes down with the rebound, he does recklessly swing an elbow and does hit Robinson. The league was right to fine and suspend Karl for being reckless, but he DID NOT mean to go for D-Rob's head and knock him out.

In fact, I don't know how many of you heard the rest of the story but Robinson was kept in an SLC hospital overnight for observation. Immediatley after the game Karl went to the hospital to sit and talk with Robinson. The report I heard stated that Karl stayed with the admiral for quite a few hours.

As far as Stockton: The dude set nasty picks on 7-footers and they didn't like it, and you know what? Stockton got bounced around plenty for it. The guy didn't shy away from the abuse he knew he was going to take, and he even dished some out in the process. In that regard, he was no more dirty than Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, etc. Somebody in here stated that Stockton tried to take shots at people's legs and knees. That simply didn't happen. Back up that statement with some footage proving otherwise or stop making those accusations (btw, he played for 18 years, so more than one incident would be nice if you can find it).

Also, being a fan of the Utah Jazz and physical basketball, I'm not going to sit here and call Bruce Bowen a dirty player. I'll leave that to Suns fans. But if you insist on calling out Karl and John, you need not look very far from your own team to see a player who plays the game very, very similar to how they did. In fact, one could make a point that Bowen has probably already found himself in more "questionable" situations than either Stockton or Malone, and he's been in the league a much shorter time.

Either way, I expect you to despise Stock and Malone. They owned you. That's the very reason I despise Jordan and Pippen, so I definitley understand where your hate comes from. Let's just keep it on an even par and realize these 2 were no more dirty than some of the player(s) you currently have on your team.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 06:51 PM

And yeah, the Rockets are up there but the Jazz span both the David Robinson era and the Tim Duncan era. And when the Rockets beat the Spurs, it was usually due to talent. The Jazz, on the other hand, would just beat the crap out of the Spurs with a smile on their face and move on.

I agree that the Jazz are an historical nemesis, but the three championships plus that win streak of around 18 games against them up till a couple years ago has tempered my loathing of Utah. Regarding the physicality of Utah in eliminating the Spurs in previous series, well, the Spurs should have beaten them back. I think Rodman tried in 96 but was too stupid and obvious about it. I remember getting pissed off when Utah used to run over San Antonio like a train in playoff games in 4th quarters. The Spurs could never hang with Utah's physicality and hard fouls...perhaps cheap shots. The epitome of which was Malone's elbow to David. I remember how pissed I was at Duncan for not laying into Malone at the time.

I also read where you pointed out about Stockton diving at Robinson's knees and Malone going for the head. Well, let's fucking kick the Jazz's ass this series and leave a couple of welts in honor of David.

Meanwhile, I'm sure Utah fan would love to trade three series wins for three championships.

I guess I need some physical exchanges and a tough loss to get fired up for Utah.

longrod
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
In regards to Karl Malone's elbow to D-Rob: That was are reckless play, but not one that was meant to intentionally hurt D-Rob. If you watch it, Malone cannot clearly see that Robinson is standing behind him. When Malone comes down with the rebound, he does recklessly swing an elbow and does hit Robinson. The league was right to fine and suspend Karl for being reckless, but he DID NOT mean to go for D-Rob's head and knock him out.

That just does not fly given how often Malone was involved in those kind of "careless accidents". The sad part is that Robinson did not have the balls to retaliate at some point. If only he'd been a Green Beret and not a Navy pussy...

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
As a Jazz fan, I feel that I need to jump in and defend Malone a Stockton a little bit, even if that means you guys thrash me.

In fact, I don't know how many of you heard the rest of the story but Robinson was kept in an SLC hospital overnight for observation. Immediatley after the game Karl went to the hospital to sit and talk with Robinson. The report I heard stated that Karl stayed with the admiral for quite a few hours.

As far as Stockton: The dude set nasty picks on 7-footers and they didn't like it, and you know what? Stockton got bounced around plenty for it. The guy didn't shy away from the abuse he knew he was going to take, and he even dished some out in the process. In that regard, he was no more dirty than Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, etc. Somebody in here stated that Stockton tried to take shots at people's legs and knees. That simply didn't happen. Back up that statement with some footage proving otherwise or stop making those accusations (btw, he played for 18 years, so more than one incident would be nice if you can find it).

Also, being a fan of the Utah Jazz and physical basketball, I'm not going to sit here and call Bruce Bowen a dirty player. I'll leave that to Suns fans. But if you insist on calling out Karl and John, you need not look very far from your own team to see a player who plays the game very, very similar to how they did. In fact, one could make a point that Bowen has probably already found himself in more "questionable" situations than either Stockton or Malone, and he's been in the league a much shorter time.

Either way, I expect you to despise Stock and Malone. They owned you. That's the very reason I despise Jordan and Pippen, so I definitley understand where your hate comes from. Let's just keep it on an even par and realize these 2 were no more dirty than some of the player(s) you currently have on your team.

I respect your take and welcome to SpursTalk!

And not to be a smart ass, but I'm sure you guys wish you had but one championship, much less three. Now the Spurs are a favorite to their fourth. Stuff like this has made me almost forget Spurs-Jazz series past. But its fun to raise old memories here.

This promises to be a tough, physical series.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 07:03 PM
...nothing, but we owe Stern a blow job.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 07:04 PM
....because he didn't ruin the integrity of the game to accomodate the stupidity of a star.

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 07:27 PM
....because he didn't ruin the integrity of the game to accomodate the stupidity of a star.

are you talking about baron davis or jason richardson? :lol

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
are you talking about baron davis or jason richardson? :lolDid they leave the bench area during an altercation? :lol

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Nice title for this stupid ass thread!!! You need to learn 2 spell you idiot.... owe or own? you with!! Utah is going to thump your spurs, Duncan & Parker are no match for Boozer & D-Will... owe !!!! LOL :lolConclusion?

Born after 1998.

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 07:47 PM
Did they leave the bench area during an altercation? :lol

no, they did worser things, like a clearly intentional elbow to the face and a flagrant foul

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 07:49 PM

no, they did worser things, like a elbow to the face and a flagrant foulSo what does that have to do with the Amare and Diaw's leaving the bench area during an altercation which only had one possible punishment?

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 07:51 PM
partiality

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 07:57 PM

Either way, I expect you to despise Stock and Malone. They owned you. That's the very reason I despise Jordan and Pippen, so I definitley understand where your hate comes from. Let's just keep it on an even par and realize these 2 were no more dirty than some of the player(s) you currently have on your team.Good post.

Completely misguided, but good anyway.

No way Bowen has been in more questionable situations than Malone. The DRob and Isiah Thomas elbows alone constitute more damage than Bruce's entire career three times over.

The only reason Bowen gets singled out more than Stockton is because Bruce didn't play in the 80s and aerly 90s.

Look forward to hearing from you during the series.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 07:58 PM
partialitySince Horry was suspended for two games for actions such as those of Richardson and Davis and Moore, who were not suspended, I fail to see how the Spurs benefitted from the league's ruling regarding flagrant fouls.

blaze89
05-19-2007, 08:09 PM

I had those memories in my mind today.

Never forgotten those years.

If only Stockon and Malone were here.

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 08:11 PM
Since Horry was suspended for two games for actions such as those of Richardson and Davis and Moore, who were not suspended, I fail to see how the Spurs benefitted from the league's ruling regarding flagrant fouls.

was just a joke about the nba "impartiality"

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 08:13 PM

was just a joke about the nba "impartiality"I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 08:14 PM
really? :lol

blaze89
05-19-2007, 08:47 PM
http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/maloneelbowsrobinson.jpg
Remember The Elbow

This series can go a long ways toward stitching up that wound. The time for payback has finally arrived.

Revenge.

I actually believe that "elbow" changed things for the better for the Spurs. Following that year, guys like Jerome Kersey and Mario Elie were brought in. There was a change of mentality shifting to the mental toughness we are seeing in today's team.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 08:56 PM
...nothing, but we owe Stern a blow job.

or 20.

davemaniscool
05-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Time heals but at the time Malone/Stockton were the two dirtiest players in the league. Stockton's picks were never legal and Malone...not much to say there that hasn't been already said. And when he played for LA and defended Tim everyone in the media said he played tough D. What I saw was a has been assaulting the best PF in the game at the time.

I was glad he retired. One down and one to go with Shaq.

Ask any player during that time and they'll say the same.

smeagol
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
really? :lol
Dude, you got pwned.

STFU already.

jazzman12
05-19-2007, 10:40 PM
I'm curious to know why Stockton's screens weren't "legal". For the most part he wasn't setting moving screens, so I'd love to hear the reasoning. I understand though, when a 6'1" point guard can knock your 7-foot Naval Academy Center on his ass after setting a pick, there's bound to be some embarrassment there.

As far as Malone, the D-Rob and Isiah incidents were the 2 worst of his career. I trully believe the D-Rob thing was an accident while Malone was a bit out of control. I think the Isiah one was totally on purpose due to the fact that Isiah had been ripping Stockton in the press for making the original Dream Team roster, leaving him without a spot. Malone sent a message, and I think over the course of time Isiah has proven to be a real A-hole so I really don't feel too bad about what Malone did.

I still stand by my original thought and I don't expect Spurs fans to agree, but I think any other NBA fan would: If Stockton and Malone were dirty, Bruce Bowen is right there with them. I know he's your boy and your going to take up for him, just like I am with my guys, but he easily plays the game just as rough, if not rougher than those 2. In all reality, Karl was much bigger than Bowen, so it was always easier to tell when Karl had done some damage. However, I don't know if he ever resorted to blatantly kneeing people in the crotch, or karate kicking a Minnesota T-Wolve player in the face, but we tend to overlook those sorts of things when the player is on "our side".

Anyway, these 2 are no longer in Utah so I don't see the point. Revenge is not a factor because you cannot get revenge on them. I'm more interested in watching what I hope turns out to be a well played, clean series. Good luck to all.

Budkin
05-19-2007, 10:40 PM
OMG I so agree... the Jazz are my most hated team of all time. Malone and Stockton were unbearable pricks on the court, and the horde of Mormon hate pouring down from the frenzied Utah crowd made me sick. I want to crush the shit out of this team.

SRJ
05-19-2007, 10:51 PM
As far as Malone, the D-Rob and Isiah incidents were the 2 worst of his career. I trully believe the D-Rob thing was an accident while Malone was a bit out of control. I think the Isiah one was totally on purpose due to the fact that Isiah had been ripping Stockton in the press for making the original Dream Team roster, leaving him without a spot. Malone sent a message, and I think over the course of time Isiah has proven to be a real A-hole so I really don't feel too bad about what Malone did.

A) Isiah ripping Stockton in the press
B) Malone putting 44 stiches in a man's face

How is (B) any kind of justification at all for (A)?

You'd have to be a Malone fan to "not feel too bad" about that kind of thuggery.

One of my best memories of 2005 is that Elbows Malone didn't join the Spurs at the end of the year to gravy train that championship. We didn't need that kind of low-down dirt to win a championship, and we never will.

miss paxton
05-19-2007, 10:57 PM
I still stand by my original thought and I don't expect Spurs fans to agree, but I think any other NBA fan would: If Stockton and Malone were dirty, Bruce Bowen is right there with them. I know he's your boy and your going to take up for him, just like I am with my guys, but he easily plays the game just as rough, if not rougher than those 2. In all reality, Karl was much bigger than Bowen, so it was always easier to tell when Karl had done some damage. However, I don't know if he ever resorted to blatantly kneeing people in the crotch, or karate kicking a Minnesota T-Wolve player in the face, but we tend to overlook those sorts of things when the player is on "our side".

Anyway, these 2 are no longer in Utah so I don't see the point. Revenge is not a factor because you cannot get revenge on them. I'm more interested in watching what I hope turns out to be a well played, clean series. Good luck to all.

This site (http://www.makingpages.org/hoops/Malone.danger.html) is a good compilation of some of Malone's transgressions; pictures include him kneeing Olajuwon in the crotch and kicking Horry in the crotch.

I too hope for a well played series, and I look forward to Jerry Sloan not complaining about dirty play.

Roxsfan
05-19-2007, 11:00 PM
So what time should I tune in to watch the game broadcasted at - 8:70pm eastern time :wtf

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2007/index.html

ha, they fixed it. 3:30 eastern

jazzman12
05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
A) Isiah ripping Stockton in the press
B) Malone putting 44 stiches in a man's face

How is (B) any kind of justification at all for (A)?

You know what. At the time, I don't think there was justification, but now that we have the benefit of history, I don't really give a shit if anybody feels Isiah didn't deserve it.

Since that incident, Isiah has never had a problem running his mouth to the press saying how dirty Karl was. Yet, this season he tells his players drop any Nugget player who enters the paint, trying to harm somebody in order to "send a message".

It's funny, I guess you can call one guy out for thuggery, then turn around and hide behind your coaches suit and tie and incite one of the worst on-court fights in NBA history.

Bowen can knee crotches, kick faces, and crowd players forcing jump-shooters to land of his feet and sprain ankles and he's a "tough competitor". Karl Malone drives to the hoop knee or feet first and he's "the dirtiest player of all time".

I'm sure if the Spurs had owned the Jazz during Stockton and Malone's time, they wouldn't be considered nearly as dirty as they are right now by Spurs fans. Did they push the envelope sometimes? Absolutley. Were they even underhanded every once in a while? Hell yes. But if they were losing to your beloved Spurs at the time, I bet it just wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Dipship31
05-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Eh, you could say you owe us, but in reality these teams were looking at really have no recollection of that time. If anything we owe you a little payback for the recent domination of us! We have to eventually win one there right? I mean we can't lose forever. Eventually it's gotta give and I just hope it's sometime in this series.

Trainwreck2100
05-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Eh, you could say you owe us, but in reality these teams were looking at really have no recollection of that time. If anything we owe you a little payback for the recent domination of us! We have to eventually win one there right? I mean we can't lose forever. Eventually it's gotta give and I just hope it's sometime in this series.

Same city, same arena, same coach, close enough

Dipship31
05-20-2007, 01:26 AM
Pop was only the coach for '98 wasn't he?

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 02:00 AM
While this thread is quite entertaining, I guess I'll just say that every hall-of-famer has thousands and thousands of people that hate them for what they did to their team. It's actually quite flattering that there is so much rage for two players that have been retired for years. I say that if the other players would spend half the time working out that Malone did, they wouldn't have got pounded as badly. As for Stockton, all-time leader in steals, all-time leader in assists, no off-the-court incidences, no leaving his team for a bigger, better contract. His character off the court would suggest that he was just a tough competitor that played hard, too hard at times, because he wanted to win.

STEVEYCU
05-20-2007, 02:16 AM
Worst Jazz player ever was Jeff Hornicek ....wtf was that shit he did before he shoot free throws

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Worst Jazz player ever was Jeff Hornicek ....wtf was that shit he did before he shoot free throws

He was waving to his kids. I am being totally serious too. Not quite sure where the hate comes for Hornacek. Didn't play dirty, kept his mouth shut. Just a good shooter and a good guy.

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 03:11 AM
He was waving to his kids. I am being totally serious too. Not quite sure where the hate comes for Hornacek. Didn't play dirty, kept his mouth shut. Just a good shooter and a good guy.

I agree...good shooter and all around good guy. Don't try to reason with these half wits, you'll end up going around in circles.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 03:20 AM
Obstructed, so I guess you celebrated 5 championships. You also celebrated when the Bulls bitch slapped the Jazz. Am I right? :lol
Absolutely. When Karl Malone gave the game away at the end I was extremely happy, and the only non-spurs team I rooted for more than the '04 Pistons was the '06 Heat.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Stockton didn't set dirty picks. Stockton fought through picks and it pissed people off. There's nothing dirty about that.

As for Malone, I'm curious as to how someone could figure that Isiah deserved 40 stitches for something he said in a newspaper. I'm sure Malone was really angry when it was read to him, but it seems less than equitable.

I'm glad a Jazz fan can be objective enough to compare Bruce Bowen with Karl Malone. Let's see, here: Dave Ramer's shattered face, Isiah's 40 stitches, Knocking Robinson unconscious, breaking Joe Klein's nose, knocking out Steve Nash's front teeth, yeah Bowen has sent at four or five people to the hospital that I can think of of the top of my head, too.

erm...

Humm.

zero signal
05-20-2007, 06:23 AM
I'm glad a Jazz fan can be objective enough to compare Bruce Bowen with Karl Malone. Let's see, here: Dave Ramer's shattered face, Isiah's 40 stitches, Knocking Robinson unconscious, breaking Joe Klein's nose, knocking out Steve Nash's front teeth, yeah Bowen has sent at four or five people to the hospital that I can think of of the top of my head, too.

erm...

Humm.
:lol No shit.

I don't think Ramer ever played again, did he? How many careers has Bruce Bowen ended?

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 08:17 AM

Wasn't more like rubbing his cheek twice or something. Nice gesture. I never had a problem with him. Great player.

You have to forgive UV ray...he isn't smart enough not to group all Spurs fans into a single mindset.

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 08:26 AM
His character off the court would suggest that he was just a tough competitor that played hard, too hard at times, because he wanted to win.

I would agree with that. Bowen is the same way. Seeing Bruce in the community working with kids is a total 180 from him on the court.

L.I.T
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
In my years of watching the Spurs there are only a few teams that I've felt something about.

I intensely disliked the Lakers of the 00s. Phil Jackson's smarmy, self-referential schtick was annoying. But they were entertaining, in their own dis-functional way. Watching Kobe and Shaq tear each other apart was always good for a laugh.

The Phoenix Suns? A resounding "Eh" is about all I can give them. I've respected aspects of the franchise, but on the whole have been indifferent to them. Even recently, now that the series is over, I just don't feel much about them. Except that Amare and D'Antoni are morons, but that's a given.

The Rockets of the mid-90s were decent enough to get angry about. But, I always had a lot of respect for Olajuwon and their complete inability to give-up. At least until Barkley and Pippen showed-up for their last-gasp efforts to win a third championship, then it was just pity.

The Dallas Mavericks for the longest time were the red-headed step-child of Texas. You don't hate the handicapped, instead you tolerate them through clenched teeth. Well, that is until recently. But honestly, I don't hate the current franchise, just the owner. And really, at the moment how can you hate something whose misfortune brings so much pleasure?

However, there has always been one franchise above all others that I've loathed, despised...well yes hated...from day one: the Utah Jazz. Everything from Jerry Sloan's pick and roll offense to Karl Malone's Elbows of Death to Stockton's suspect ability to rack every guy he sets a pick on set my teeth on edge. I've always felt this way and nothing, not even the dismantling of that franchise, and their subsequent rebuilding, made my feelings towards them any less intense. Even now, I just see them as the Jazz-lite. Boozer trying to be Malone and Williams, Stockton. The same sets, the same defensive tactics...less talent.

I've been looking forward to the Spurs meeting the Jazz in the playoffs for a long time. There's a lot of suppressed anger towards that team and it's going to be good to finally let it out.

Except for today, cuz tip-offs at 3:30 AM for me. Fucking hell, beat them into the ground so I have something good to wake up to.

NBA Junkie
05-20-2007, 10:59 AM
It's too bad Portland knocked out the Jazz in the Western Semi's in '99 or the Spurs could have exorcised those demons from the past much sooner.

That would have been a great WCF.

JAZZinSIX
05-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Fucking Jazz fan here. Stumbled across your fucking board and just wanted to say it's fucking awesome and not just because I can I can write fuck as much as I want. But that's pretty fucking great, too.

This should be an incredible series with two teams that play basketball the old fashioned way--hard on the boards, no egos, fight to the death. And though it makes me throw up in my mouth to think you spoiled bastards will probably win and go on to yet another title, I still think we can pull it off if we don't let your experience rattle us.

Let's fucking get it on, already.

SpursWoman
05-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Welcome to the fucking forum, then.

JAZZinSIX
05-20-2007, 12:15 PM
Thanks for fucking having me.

LakerLanny
05-20-2007, 12:36 PM

Maybe because he was on the floor flopping every 2nd or 3rd defensive possession.

The guy could flat out shoot though, I got to give him that.

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:36 PM
The guy could flat out shoot though, I got to give him that.

True...one of the best pure shooters ever.

Yell_42
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I dont mind the Spurs

But beating us in this series wont be payback at all for anyting that happened way back in the 90's.

As you may have noticed, Stockton and Malone have retired. So I am sorry guys, but San Antonio will always be their bitches. And Duncan is still Malones bitch. BEating the 2007 Utah Jazz wont change that

ps. Jazz in 5

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:44 PM
And Duncan is still Malones bitch.

How can he be Mailman's bitch if the Mailman has retired?

Yell_42
05-20-2007, 01:46 PM
How can he be Mailman's bitch if the Mailman has retired?

When you are the greatest PF to ever play the game, every opponent you ever had is your bitch

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
When you are the greatest PF to ever play the game, every opponent you ever had is your bitch

That's fair.....so when Duncan takes that title, the same rule will apply. Many think he is already there but I don't give that title to someone until their career is over.

bdubya
05-20-2007, 02:38 PM

When the closest you ever came to a ring was having your pocket picked by Jordan to set up the game-winning shot....you're a bitch.

u2sarajevo
05-20-2007, 02:44 PM
Post #134, 135 - Planes, Trains and Automobiles anyone?

:)

ShoogarBear
05-20-2007, 03:40 PM
And Duncan is still Malones bitch. Lost all credibility there.

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 04:01 PM
Wasn't more like rubbing his cheek twice or something. Nice gesture. I never had a problem with him. Great player.

You have to forgive UV ray...he isn't smart enough not to group all Spurs fans into a single mindset.

Just because you're a Spurs fan and think Hornacek is a "great" player doesn't qualify you as a full wit. The guy never said he was a great player. Hornacek was a pretty good shooter with limited defensive talent..., his streakiness seemed to show up for the worse when the game was close. Since you have chosen to interpret my comments as meaning that all Spurs fans are half wits, then I would say that I have correctly guessed your shoe size. Wear it well.
:jack

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 04:15 PM
Since you have chosen to interpret my comments as meaning that all Spurs fans are half wits, then I would say that I have correctly guessed your shoe size. Wear it well.

You did nothing to dissuade that interpretation. I was going on strictly what you posted which on a message board is all you have to go with. If you didn't mean that, then I retract that but I know what the poster said, I personally happen to think Hornacek was a great player. He voiced his opinion, you voiced yours, I voiced mine..that is what is supposed to happen.

And no...you haven't guessed my shoe size. :)

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 04:35 PM
You did nothing to dissuade that interpretation. I was going on strictly what you posted which on a message board is all you have to go with. If you didn't mean that, then I retract that but I know what the poster said, I personally happen to think Hornacek was a great player. He voiced his opinion, you voiced yours, I voiced mine..that is what is supposed to happen.

And no...you haven't guessed my shoe size. :)

9 1/2 D

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 05:37 PM
9 1/2 D

No but close...11.

bdubya
05-20-2007, 05:43 PM
I apologize if this has been said before (I'm not reading through six pages to find out) but the whole freaking LEAGUE owes Utah. The Basketball Gods will never allow Utah a title for one simple reason:

THE BLOOD ON MALONE'S ELBOWS STILL CRIES OUT FOR JUSTICE!!!

UV Ray
05-20-2007, 05:45 PM
No but close...11.
I was going to say that.

dg7md
05-20-2007, 05:52 PM
I'm a long time Spurs fan but I let my hate for the Jazz go. I really like this team, Okur, Williams, Boozer, AK47, I like all of the guys really, very talented team.

Emily Rose
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
I'm a long time Spurs fan but I let my hate for the Jazz go. I really like this team, Okur, Williams, Boozer, AK47, I like all of the guys really, very talented team.

:spin :spin I HATE this Jazz team simply because they dont quit and they have to make me get worried again.

timvp
05-20-2007, 08:53 PM
But beating us in this series wont be payback at all for anyting that happened way back in the 90's.

True, it'd be hard to match all those championship rings the Jazz won back in the 90's.

Props.

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:43 PM
duncan violated the mailman in every way possible under mormon law.

Strike
05-20-2007, 10:08 PM
True, it'd be hard to match all those championship rings the Jazz won back in the 90's.

Props.
:lmao

FireSternin2007
05-20-2007, 10:21 PM

Well, that would mean that Duncan did not violate Malone then....:)

darkzero1
05-21-2007, 03:35 AM

What is there to pay back? It's a completely different team than the Malone/Stockton powerhouse of the 90's. The lone relic from those long past series is coach Jerry Sloan, for whom I have the utmost respect.

Maestro
05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
Hello everyone...Jazz fan here, but I gotta say Spurs dominated game one.
I hope the Jazz make it a fun and respectable series...but they have a tough
row to hoe. Hope you don't mind if I chime in from time to time about the games and series.
Go Jazz!

Tigole Bitties
05-21-2007, 06:11 PM

http://www.shamsports.com/images/amusing/malonekick.jpg

jazzman12
05-21-2007, 09:00 PM
For you Spurs fans who really think this series is about payback: Please go and get some help because you are all taking this waaayyyyy to seriously (and your delusional to boot).

How can you get back at players who aren't even associated with the NBA any longer? Is it the Jazz uniform that you want revenge on? Well sorry, it's gone through 2 changes since the Jazz were owning the Spurs during their Pre-Title years.

Speaking of your titles, you sure like to throw them in our faces, and I can't understand why. Of course we'd love to have your titles!!!! I don't think I see any Jazz fan in here saying otherwise. It's funny, I come in to defend Stockton and Malone and people resort to the ring argument. That was never the subject. The subject of this thread is how pathetic some Spurs fans are in the fact that they can't let things go that are over a decade old and the players in question are long since gone.

Grow up, start living in the now, and stop talking about 10 year old ghosts. The saddest thing is, with 3 titles and counting you'd think that Spurs fans could turn the page. For some unexplicable reason, it looks like some cannot. Pathetic.

Disclaimer: There is some very decent, very intelligent Spurs fans in here, and this post was not meant for them. But if you are a decent, intelligent Spur fan you probably already knew that.

ShoogarBear
05-21-2007, 09:33 PM
If you don't understand what this thread is about, then you're either very young or a pretty pathetic excuse for a fan, and would be best off just moving along.

Do you think Celtics and Lakers fans in the 80s said "oh, let's put all that Russell and Chamberlain stuff behind us"?

I suppose no hardcore Piston and Bull fans this year were remembering Jordan vs. the Bad Boys?

I'm sure Bucky Dent never crossed the Red Sox fans minds in 2004, too.

jazzman12
05-21-2007, 09:40 PM
If you don't understand what this thread is about, then you're either very young or a pretty pathetic excuse for a fan, and would be best off just moving along.

Do you think Celtics and Lakers fans in the 80s said "oh, let's put all that Russell and Chamberlain stuff behind us"?

I suppose no hardcore Piston and Bull fans this year were remembering Jordan vs. the Bad Boys?

I'm sure Bucky Dent never crossed the Red Sox fans minds in 2004, too.

I remember exactly what this thread is about, and it is sad and pathetic. Some rivalries are about the uniform. Example: It will never matter who is playing for the Yankees and Red Sox, it will always be a bitter rivalry.

The Spurs-Jazz rivalry of the 90's just doesn't match that for several reasons:

A- Nobody cares about it but Spurs and Jazz fans.
B- Neither team was winning titles at the time, thus nobody was costing anybody anything.
C- Since there were no titles involved, the rivalry during that time has almost ZERO historical relevance. Move on my friend.

Now, that could soon change. I think the winner of this Jazz/Spur series is going to be the 2007 NBA champion. That's something that never happened during the '90's. If that starts to happen on a consistant basis, then we can talk about this being a true rivalry.

Until then, please stop using the Lakers-V-Celtics as an example to support your argument. They have a rivalry because THEY WERE PLAYING FOR TITLES!!!!

ShoogarBear
05-21-2007, 09:57 PM
You write it, and yet you don't get it. Sad.

I suppose you don't understand school rivalries, either.

L.I.T
05-21-2007, 10:12 PM
I remember exactly what this thread is about, and it is sad and pathetic. Some rivalries are about the uniform. Example: It will never matter who is playing for the Yankees and Red Sox, it will always be a bitter rivalry.

The Spurs-Jazz rivalry of the 90's just doesn't match that for several reasons:

B- Neither team was winning titles at the time, thus nobody was costing anybody anything.
C- Since there were no titles involved, the rivalry during that time has almost ZERO historical relevance. Move on my friend.

Now, that could soon change. I think the winner of this Jazz/Spur series is going to be the 2007 NBA champion. That's something that never happened during the '90's. If that starts to happen on a consistant basis, then we can talk about this being a true rivalry.

Until then, please stop using the Lakers-V-Celtics as an example to support your argument. They have a rivalry because THEY WERE PLAYING FOR TITLES!!!!

I'm curious, are you arguing this point because you backed yourself into a corner and just won't give up? Because that would explain a lot.

Obstructed_View
05-22-2007, 01:41 AM
I'm curious, are you arguing this point because you backed yourself into a corner and just won't give up? Because that would explain a lot.
Actually he's just glad to change the subject after he made the mistake of comparing Bowen to Malone in the cheap shot department.

spurspf
05-22-2007, 02:15 AM
For you Spurs fans who really think this series is about payback: Please go and get some help because you are all taking this waaayyyyy to seriously (and your delusional to boot).

How can you get back at players who aren't even associated with the NBA any longer? Is it the Jazz uniform that you want revenge on? Well sorry, it's gone through 2 changes since the Jazz were owning the Spurs during their Pre-Title years.

Speaking of your titles, you sure like to throw them in our faces, and I can't understand why. Of course we'd love to have your titles!!!! I don't think I see any Jazz fan in here saying otherwise. It's funny, I come in to defend Stockton and Malone and people resort to the ring argument. That was never the subject. The subject of this thread is how pathetic some Spurs fans are in the fact that they can't let things go that are over a decade old and the players in question are long since gone.

lol. ask mavs fan about us throwing our titles at them. Hell they would not even put up their banner in front of us. The funniest thing, they hang their division banner in front of us and we hang the championship banner on them. Not saying its going to happen, but, how cool would that be?

Grow up, start living in the now, and stop talking about 10 year old ghosts. The saddest thing is, with 3 titles and counting you'd think that Spurs fans could turn the page. For some unexplicable reason, it looks like some cannot. Pathetic.

Disclaimer: There is some very decent, very intelligent Spurs fans in here, and this post was not meant for them. But if you are a decent, intelligent Spur fan you probably already knew that.

Strike
05-22-2007, 04:23 AM

Good point. I forgot all about all the titles the Jazz HAVE won since then.

L.I.T
05-22-2007, 06:08 AM
Actually he's just glad to change the subject after he made the mistake of comparing Bowen to Malone in the cheap shot department.

Sounds like symptoms of a concussion. Wonder if he ran into Malone at the supermarket.

jazzman12
05-22-2007, 06:18 AM
You guys are pretty hilarious. I tell you what, instead of me continuing to try and reach the unreachable, you guys just sit back and keep thinking that if you win this series, it will give you some sort of vindication for what happened in the 1990's.

As I said before, I would think the 3 titles you keep throwing around be would vindication enough, but apparently not. It's pretty sad that you've gone on to have such success, yet a team with that has never won "the big one" is so embedded in your brain.

violentkitten
05-22-2007, 06:27 AM

malone was understandably not pleased with that.

MadDog73
05-22-2007, 08:55 AM
You guys are pretty hilarious. I tell you what, instead of me continuing to try and reach the unreachable, you guys just sit back and keep thinking that if you win this series, it will give you some sort of vindication for what happened in the 1990's.

As I said before, I would think the 3 titles you keep throwing around be would vindication enough, but apparently not. It's pretty sad that you've gone on to have such success, yet a team with that has never won "the big one" is so embedded in your brain.

Look, jazzman, you should probably understand Sports is not always about logic.

It's also about raw emotion. Many Spurs fans HATE the Jazz... for obvious reasons.

You can't reason with hate.

jazzman12
05-22-2007, 11:23 AM
Look, jazzman, you should probably understand Sports is not always about logic.

It's also about raw emotion. Many Spurs fans HATE the Jazz... for obvious reasons.

You can't reason with hate.

I do understand sports isn't always about logic. I also understand that you guys have a pretty healthy hate for Stockton, Malone, Horny, etc. but I still think this "payback" talk is a little silly.

The Jazz had 2 really good shots at the title in the 90's and were denied by the Bulls. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman owned the Jazz. I loath the Bulls for what happened back then, but if the Jazz and Bulls were to face off in the finals now, I'd see no redemtion in beating a team that absolutley bears no resemblance to the team that once dominated Utah.

Agloco
05-22-2007, 11:27 AM

DERDY...DERDY SOUTH!!!!!!!

Anyone wanna post a thread of the Mailmans greatest hits? I'm sure it would be quite long.

MadDog73
05-22-2007, 02:11 PM
I do understand sports isn't always about logic. I also understand that you guys have a pretty healthy hate for Stockton, Malone, Horny, etc. but I still think this "payback" talk is a little silly.

The Jazz had 2 really good shots at the title in the 90's and were denied by the Bulls. Jordan, Pippen and Rodman owned the Jazz. I loath the Bulls for what happened back then, but if the Jazz and Bulls were to face off in the finals now, I'd see no redemtion in beating a team that absolutley bears no resemblance to the team that once dominated Utah.

Not even if they were coached by Phil Jackson?

I also hate Phil Jackson. Doesn't matter what team he coaches... he could coach the Charlotte Hornets next year, and I would instantly become a Charlotte Hornet hater.

And no, it makes ZERO sense!

jazzman12
05-22-2007, 05:58 PM
Not even if they were coached by Phil Jackson?

I also hate Phil Jackson. Doesn't matter what team he coaches... he could coach the Charlotte Hornets next year, and I would instantly become a Charlotte Hornet hater.

And no, it makes ZERO sense!

But do you hate Jerry Sloan? Most Spurs fans hate Stockton and Malone, but really respect Sloan, and with good reason: Your boy Pop stands for everything that Sloan embodies. I can understand a Spur fan hating some Utah players, but I can't understand one hating Sloan.

I can tell you this: I have some serious hate for some of your players, past and present, but if Sloan were to retire and for some insane reason Popovich was available, I would love to have him as the Jazz's coach.

GrandeDavid
05-23-2007, 06:51 AM
This must have started the trend of losing championship opportunities in even years....and winning in odd.

Extra Stout
05-23-2007, 11:27 AM
I really don't see any tie between these Jazz, and the enmity I felt for the Jazz of the '90s. with Stockton, Malone, and the gang all retired, who is there to hate?

Am I supposed to hate Jazz fan? We haven't heard from Jazz fan in years. They aren't even in the same division anymore. Nobody in the media jocks the Jazz -- I don't even think they were on national TV before the playoffs, except maybe once. There is no Jazz bandwagon, which means there is a minimum of drooling idiots to contend with (they all follow Phoenix now).

That old rivalry died when the players involved were gone. The only teams for which that isn't true are the Texas teams and the Lakers.

T Park
05-23-2007, 12:08 PM
Don't think David Robinson who was in attendance last night, didn't enjoy that :lol

BeerIsGood!
05-23-2007, 04:01 PM
It's hard to hate the Jazz because they play good ball and get even less of a PR push than the Spurs do. Casualty of the NBA PR debacle that has been the last 15 years.

Louie Vega
05-23-2007, 09:22 PM
But do you hate Jerry Sloan? Most Spurs fans hate Stockton and Malone, but really respect Sloan,

I think people just feel sorry for his old ass! He is a pretty good coach though, I guess.

Obstructed_View
05-24-2007, 12:29 AM

Hey, we are trying to generate some rivalry here. The Jazz are really hard to hate, especially after the Phoenix series. Please stop trying to throw cold water on it. Karl Malone and John Stockton (and most Suns fans) are rooting for the Jazz. That's good enough reason for me to want them humiliated.

Onski
05-24-2007, 06:46 AM
Mark 'Ewwww' Eaton, Jeff 'Horny' Hornacek, John 'Stumpy' Stockton.

The Soap trio and Karl Morone were the start to me hating the Jazz. I hated losing to them, they seemed to get up on us and ruin our fun.

Ok I am living in the past and the newer Utah side are getting some respect from me. I like Williams game and I like..... ok Williams is it.

But they are playing beyond themselves at the moment and the Spurs in 4.

Just think, Horry hasnt even started his Playoff Brilliance yet, oh excuse me maybe he has right Phoenix? :ihit

Mr Onski
www.onski.blogspot.com

RaulValdez
05-24-2007, 07:44 AM
I agree revenge time for the Spurs. I'm thinking sweep, this Jazz team has no answer for anyone. Yes I know they split the season series but this is the PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! If not for that late foul on Manu last year. This would be a three-peat chance for the best NBA Team in the world, in fact the NBA should be changed to the NSA (national spurs association) seeing how every player in the NBA wants to be a Spur. HAHA J/K that is just some smack I have been talking here in Houston now that I live here. (GO SPURS)

Budkin
05-24-2007, 02:01 PM
All of you guys talking sweep need to remember how good this team plays at home. Remember 2005 Round 2, or how about the Finals that year. Everyone was going on about sweeps and shit and we ended up in some real dogfights where it looked like we might not pull through. Of course I hope we win easy but more than likely this series is just getting started.

CaptainLate
05-24-2007, 05:21 PM

Not to worry. Have you been reading the comments from Jazz players and their media? These guys are completely intimidated. :dramaquee And I think Sloan is, too.

If the Spurs stay humble I'm see a sweep -- like we did the Lakers and Blazers for Title #2. :king

timvp
05-24-2007, 06:02 PM
Not to worry. Have you been reading the comments from Jazz players and their media? These guys are completely intimidated. :dramaquee And I think Sloan is, too.

If the Spurs stay humble I'm see a sweep -- like we did the Lakers and Blazers for Title #2. :king

Reality and fact checking needed.

Strike
05-24-2007, 10:47 PM

Actually, it was title #1.

DOMINATOR
05-25-2007, 12:58 AM
F the Jazz... can't stand sloan/malone/stockton/hornacek/giricek/okur/harpring F'ing dirty flopping cry babies.

mavs>spurs2
05-25-2007, 01:00 AM
Thread title should be changed to "We own Utah."

Obstructed_View
05-25-2007, 03:36 PM
Four days between games, just when the Spurs were starting to roll. I'll be happy with a split coming back home.

bresilhac
05-25-2007, 04:06 PM
Four days between games, just when the Spurs were starting to roll. I'll be happy with a split coming back home.

Given the way the two teams played this week I would not be surprised to see the Spurs sweep this series. The big three have been absolutely unstoppable and, if we can get the roll players to perform the way they have been in SLC there is no reason we can't sweep.

BigShotBob
05-25-2007, 07:34 PM
I just wish we could have done it when Malone & Stockton were playing. Especially Malone!

Manu Pacquiao
05-26-2007, 09:39 AM
I agree revenge time for the Spurs. I'm thinking sweep, this Jazz team has no answer for anyone. Yes I know they split the season series but this is the PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!! If not for that late foul on Manu last year. This would be a three-peat chance for the best NBA Team in the world, in fact the NBA should be changed to the NSA (national spurs association) seeing how every player in the NBA wants to be a Spur. HAHA J/K that is just some smack I have been talking here in Houston now that I live here. (GO SPURS)

Guys, why do we still blame Manu for losing that series with that foul against Dirk? It wasnt really a stupid, bonehead play. He wanted to help out on defense. What did you expect, Manu will just let Dirk get an easy lay up? He was going for the block, Nowitzki was a little too tall and he just couldnt reach the ball. I hate watching that game 7 on replays too, but he wasnt all to blame for the loss.

ca®lo
05-26-2007, 12:00 PM
Guys, why do we still blame Manu for losing that series with that foul against Dirk? It wasnt really a stupid, bonehead play. He wanted to help out on defense. What did you expect, Manu will just let Dirk get an easy lay up? He was going for the block, Nowitzki was a little too tall and he just couldnt reach the ball. I hate watching that game 7 on replays too, but he wasnt all to blame for the loss.

in all honesty.. he couldve just let dirk get his two. we were up 3 then. nobody fouls anyway when ur up two with the clock on ur side.

then its gonna be a ft game from then on.

but the spurs still had a chance during overtime. its just that they ran out of juice. couldve been a really great story since we came back from 3-1 down and also down from a 15pt(?) dallas lead.

but thats over now :)

td4mvp21
05-26-2007, 02:06 PM

Because, in that situation, when you're a guard playing center, and you're up three with the clock on your side, it's a stupid foul. You let him get his two and then make it a freethrow shooting contest. But that's not why we lost series and I don't hold any grudges against Manu. Just something that doesn't go your way.

LavaLamp
05-26-2007, 03:00 PM
But that's not why we lost series and I don't hold any grudges against Manu.

Kenyans have a saying: Do not look where you fell but rather where you started to slip.

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2007, 03:04 PM
Kenyans have a saying: Do not look where you fell but rather where you started to slip.

Americans have a saying "Who gives a fuck about Africa"

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 03:07 PM

wtf?
do we have a bandwagon invasion on this board or what

im so fucking sick of hearing all this sweep bull shit

ATXSPUR
05-26-2007, 03:25 PM
Americans have a saying "Who gives a fuck about Africa"

Someone has a lot of hostility in them.

Trainwreck2100
05-26-2007, 04:09 PM
Someone has a lot of hostility in them.

Look we are too busy with countries that have stuff that we need (oil) to care about other places. You have to make sacrifices sometimes. Call me when the world runs on diamonds ok.

ShoogarBear
05-26-2007, 09:43 PM
New Age Spur Fan, welcome to a road playoff game against the Jazz.

Elbows to the head provided free of service.

timvp
05-26-2007, 11:10 PM
New Age Spur Fan, welcome to a road playoff game against the Jazz.

Elbows to the head provided free of service.

Exactly. This looked like every other Spurs vs. Jazz playoff game played at Salt Lake City.

Beat up the Spurs big, slap down at the ball whenever possible, attack him to get him in foul trouble and let the crowd lead the second half surge.

I guess for some Spurs fans, this is surprising. Same ol', same ol' for those who've watched since before the first river parade.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:16 PM
This made me as sick as a game in 94 or 96.

Okur looked like malone, Williams like Stockton, and Giricek looked liek hornacek.

Fisher was doing the Howard eisley role.

Makes you want to throw the fuck up.

whottt
05-26-2007, 11:25 PM
Welcome to David Robinson's soft choking world, only with less, talented, experienced and mean, opposition...and be glad we had Parker...or it's worse.

IMO...the Jazz are dead next game.

T Park
05-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Unless the Spurs learned on the bench how to guard a pick and roll and keep them from driving to the hole, then no, the Jazz aren't dead.

They didn't learn how to guard it in games 1 and 2 and 3, what makes anyone think it'll change in 4?

whottt
05-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Unless the Spurs learned on the bench how to guard a pick and roll and keep them from driving to the hole, then no, the Jazz aren't dead.

They didn't learn how to guard it in games 1 and 2 and 3, what makes anyone think it'll change in 4?

Anyone that has watched them play the Suns picnroll...

LaMarcus Bryant
05-26-2007, 11:36 PM
Welcome to David Robinson's soft choking world, only with less, talented, experienced and mean, opposition...and be glad we had Parker...or it's worse.

IMO...the Jazz are dead next game.

LOL call is a whotttt classic :smokin

Marcus Bryant
05-27-2007, 12:32 AM
Was Madonna in the crowd?

Obstructed_View
05-28-2007, 06:17 AM
Given the way the two teams played this week I would not be surprised to see the Spurs sweep this series. The big three have been absolutely unstoppable and, if we can get the roll players to perform the way they have been in SLC there is no reason we can't sweep.
Surprise.

HJNTX
05-28-2007, 08:30 AM
Timmy will be a monster!!!!!!!!!!!

:flag:

Extra Stout
05-28-2007, 10:44 AM
We need the Wizards to make the Finals next year so the Spurs can avenge 1979.

Trainwreck2100
05-28-2007, 01:07 PM
We need the Wizards to make the Finals next year so the Spurs can avenge 1979.

The fact that their name went from the awesome Bullets, to the wuss Wizards (thank you protester morons) is more than revenge enough.

SpursFanFirst
05-28-2007, 01:28 PM
Trainwreck, you must be one angry man! Every avatar you have is rife with madness! Is that actually the Snuggle bear being attacked? :lol

ShoogarBear
05-28-2007, 01:53 PM
Trainwreck, you must be one angry man! Every avatar you have is rife with madness! Is that actually the Snuggle bear being attacked? :lolPent-up frustration. :)

timvp
05-28-2007, 03:03 PM
0-9

Time to fix this problem tonight.

:smokin

polandprzem
05-28-2007, 03:45 PM
0-9

Time to fix this problem tonight.

:smokin

Shame such a shame

If the spurs pull this out they are still having a bad record. Just unbeliable.

The spurs are not worried, so do I need to be worried?
After such loses the spurs had major problems with winning games.

polandprzem
05-28-2007, 03:45 PM
It's like a let down

timvp
05-28-2007, 07:51 PM
We owe Utah

Got damn right.

Get this game.

Ghost Writer
05-28-2007, 08:00 PM
Break the o for streak.

Take a commanding lead of the series.

Do it.

Now.

:cooldevil

T Park
05-28-2007, 10:52 PM
We have excercised the demons!!!

FINALLY BEAT UTAH IN UTAH!!!

OH IT FEELS GREAT.

David Robinson is slamming tequila, snortin coke, and flippin the bird to Jerry Sloan on the TV right now.

Budkin
05-29-2007, 02:31 AM
That win felt great, but not as good as the next one will feel.

duncan228
05-29-2007, 04:24 PM
When we close out the series will the title of this thread be changed to "We Own Utah"?

L.I.T
05-29-2007, 07:48 PM
One more win! One more win!

Then I can take down the Stockton/Malone/Sloan dartboard. :smokin

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 11:33 PM
When we close out the series will the title of this thread be changed to "We Own Utah"?

LOL...my thoughts exactly! :lol :toast

WalterBenitez
05-30-2007, 08:45 PM
:sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep wassup boys ... still up there .... the game is ok, no nervous ... I'm surfing in the net :wakeup

Spurminator
05-30-2007, 10:07 PM
We own Utah

:tu

UV Ray
05-30-2007, 10:16 PM
THE WAVE!!!!!

MUHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! :lol

Solid D
05-30-2007, 10:34 PM
Spurs continuing to run side screen/rolls and 4-out, 1-in motion offense with the scrubs.

Jacque Vaughn going double figures on the Jazz.