PDA

View Full Version : Nash just blamed the NBA

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 12:14 AM
HE was asked: what can you guys do to help yourselves over the hump going forward?

"I think not having 2 players taken from us would help"

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 12:15 AM
Loll.. im not gonna cry about it.

it seems the spurs didnt win.

Sense
05-19-2007, 12:16 AM
He just cleared it up....

I mean sure he knows its a factor, everyone knows it.. but no one knows for sure if it would've made a difference in the series...

he didn't want to cry about it, hopefully suns fans will try to do the same.

gtownspur
It was on SC!

Fucking pussy!

I knew he said one thing and always meant another.

Fuck him.

I was going to congradulate him, but he just shit the stick.

CubanMustGo
Disappointing. Suns had the man advantage tonight and couldn't win, so STFU already.

E20
Someone post the Sour Grapes pic.

All I have to say is WCF here we come!

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 12:17 AM
Watching his interview and I take back all the good things I've said about him. The NBA "took two players from the Suns"????? Fuck that and fuck him.

They violated a rule and got punished. WHy the fuck should the Suns players not suffer penalties for violating rules?? No fucking double standards in this league, you pussy Nash.

NASpurs
Or he could thank his teammate Stoudemire for having the IQ of a peanut. He should know better.

Amare is the best dumbest player in the league bar none. This rule has been in the NBA for the past few years if I'm not mistaken and he even admitted that he messed up and supported the decision before game five. Some of D'Antoni seems to be rubbing off on Nash which is kind of sad.

itzsoweezee
yup. whining like a little bitch. he even whined about the calls. typical suns pussy.

SpurOutofTownFan
OMg he finally said the spurs played great. I tink thats about 10% of what the spurs did to win in his mind. The other 90% is just overcoming teh NBA.

"This will haunt us for a long time"

ObiwanGinobili
then he goes on to sya that it was a "stupid rule".

and then basicaly infers the whole "asterick" bullshit and how game 5 will always be in thier minds blah blha blah.

I'm so dissapointed in Nash right now.
I thought he was more of a man then that,
fuckign canadian.

easjer
Oh, Steve. You used to be one of my favorite players ever.

This series has made me lose respect for you. Not necessarily of your game, but I used to think you were among the classiest out there. I can't totally blame you, but dude, it's pretty weak to whine about the suspensions (that your players brought on themselves) after game 6.

I guess he caught a case of the D'Antonies.

Spurologist
05-19-2007, 12:18 AM
"I don't wanna cry about it"

And yet he is bitching about it in the whole press conference

LMAO

SoapScumKills
05-19-2007, 12:19 AM
Now I know how Laker fan feels when they played and beat the Queens in the playoffs

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
how can you answer that question? it was a factor, and it is kind of a stupid rule.

Let the guy bitch and moan, he just lost. He still said the Spurs are great.

These questions set players up for insinuations and answers. Give him some slack.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 12:20 AM
:baby

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:21 AM
You guys are spoiled.

Why do you have to micro-analyze every comment? He's done for the year and probably a little frustrated. Give the guy a break.

Obi-Wan-Ginobili
05-19-2007, 12:22 AM
http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/1299/15573328944299089e6hb1.jpg

:elephant

Mt.Spur
YAWN...........
time to kick some utah @ss!!

cornbread
The Suns need to hire a tutor to teach the rule book to Amare in the offseason so this will never happen again. Whatever it takes.

Admidave50
05-19-2007, 12:23 AM
This must negate the whole "I respect u nash" thread!

What did you expect from a player whose entire team is whining pussies?

Amare_32
05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
You have to give him some slack. Is no doubt the suspensions affect the series no matter if you agreed or disagreed with it. We will never know. But is a moot know the Spurs move on and the Suns start a long off season.

Amarelooms
05-19-2007, 12:24 AM
then he goes on to sya that it was a "stupid rule".

and then basicaly infers the whole "asterick" bullshit and how game 5 will always be in thier minds blah blha blah.

I'm so dissapointed in Nash right now.
I thought he was more of a man then that,
fuckign canadian.

Don't curse the Canadian eh....he is just upset eh..tough loss eh...he;s window is closing eh. Congrats Spurs...looks like Spurs vs Pistons

:elephant

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 12:25 AM
The leader of the whining pussies speaks. The Spurs own Steve Nash.

UV Ray
This must negate the whole "I respect u nash" thread!

What did you expect from a player whose entire team is whining pussies?

Teacher! Teacher!

Nash just blamed the NBA!

dbreiden83080
You guys are spoiled.

Why do you have to micro-analyze every comment? He's done for the year and probably a little frustrated. Give the guy a break.

Yes i am giving him a break because he is emotional plus he is 33 yrs old and it is no secret that he has a recurring bad back so i am sure a part of him is thinking was this maybe my last shot at a title?

NotaWhiner
05-19-2007, 12:26 AM
You would be frustrated watching your dream slip away (AGAIN).

Nash knows he can't play forever.

Plus, I imagine he is a bit tired of carrying MOST of the team, and the Fing coach!

FIRE D'Antoni!

:devil

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 12:27 AM
You have to give him some slack. Is no doubt the suspensions affect the series no matter if you agreed or disagreed with it. We will never know. But is a moot know the Spurs move on and the Suns start a long off season.

I'll give you that but you and the rest of teh suns need to man up and admit the obvious, which is overall the spurs were teh better team and won because they are better not becausse the suspensions.

That generalization is what pisses us off. Because its far from the truth and because it wasn't caused by the spurs team but by 2 suns players in complete control (or uncontrol) of their senses.

Only then justice will be made.

DePastino
The Suns need to hire a tutor to teach the rule book to Amare in the offseason so this will never happen again. Whatever it takes.

So does, apparently, Tim Duncan.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good.

csl24
You knew it would happen. Scapegoat they have to have one, just won't admit defeat.

michaelwcho
You guys are spoiled.

Nash has the heart of a champion and class. I don't blame him a bit for being emotional about it, bitter even--it was a tough break and he didn't cause it. I love Nash...what a weapon!

Vito Corleone
05-19-2007, 12:28 AM
Game 5 does not explain the other 3 losses, if he wants to know why they lost maybe he needs to look in the mirror or better yet look at his coach and teammates they are the real reason they are out of the playoffs.

I wish someone would ask Nash why they have such a crappy record against San Antonio over the last 5 seasons. I think they are something like 20-6 in that time span with 3 playoff exits credited to San Antonio.

Spurologist

:lol

Stoudemire did say he needs to hits the books in order to improve

Horry For 3!
Nash was cryin the whole press conference. It was really pathetic.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:29 AM

When did Tim Duncan come off the bench onto the court during an on-court altercation?

Obstructed_View

And the Suns are neither.

Nor are they smart.

judaspriestess
:rolleyes after all that mad love he gave everyone out on the court after the game and he turns around and says something so pathetic like he did.

IF PHOENIX IS SOOOOOO GREAT THEY SHOULD HAVE WON GAME 1!!!
:flipoff

Don't blame the NBA for your teams fuckups

T Park
05-19-2007, 12:30 AM

So in another words, you read into his words.

So did he come out and say "We lost this series due to game 5 and the NBA"

traitoravery
Or he could thank his teammate Stoudemire for having the IQ of a peanut. He should know better.

Amare is the best dumbest player in the league bar none.
I second that. Suns will be Champs in 3 years if Nash is still there. But not right now :toast

SpurOutofTownFan
It's clear the record against the spurs and against otehr teams. Spurs just murder them 9 out of 10 times. While D'antoni is there, they have no shot at winning against a D team like the spurs.

Also the whining didn't get them anywhere either. Those 2 things they need to get better at before dreaming of a championship.

They pulled a Denver and they got this.

DePastino
I'll give you that but you and the rest of teh suns need to man up and admit the obvious, which is overall the spurs were teh better team and won because they are better not becausse the suspensions.

Well tough shit then, because you won't hear it from me.

I'll go to my grave thinking we could've won this series, and there's no a God damn thing you can say to change that.

You want all us Suns fans to just kiss the Spurs ass?

Keep walkin'...

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 12:31 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/56/107938870_547c87ac39_o.jpg

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/39/107547788_d9142eb7b8.jpg?v=1141469270

Catharsis
Get Duncan the same tutor. If Jones and and Elson get into a pushing match, there's the altercation that would have had Duncan suspended. Jesus, you don't think the six man rotation for the Suns played into them getting fatigued on Wednesday? If roles were reversed you'd be calling it a stupid rule that dictated the series further than it needed to. Too bad we'll never know what would have happend if Amare and Diaw could play in game five. But something tells me we'd be getting ready for probably the greatest game seven in the history of the NBA.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
You either call your teammates or coaches dumbasses, and like Nash is going to do that, or blame the stupid rule just to vent.

I don't think their absences had any bearing on the Suns opportunity to win, but I do agree it would have been nicer if no one got suspended on account of a stupid rule.

But Nash could go on and on, and even blame the Pistons for having a brawl which influenced that rule. The way the reporter asked the question, was aimed to get you guys on his back. It was either be honest or don't comment at all or lie.

BeerIsGood!
Who cares what Nash has to say, he's gone fishing now. Bring on the baby Jazz and show them what the real playoffs are like after getting such an easy road through Houston "We only have 3 players" Rockets and the 8 seed that can only beat Dallas.

Spider TX
Funny how so many of you jump on him and say shit about him being upset with the way things went, but in a completely reversed situation, you'd be a complete fool to believe all the Spurs players would have stayed on the bench, and you would all be moaning and groaning about this exact stuff. He's quite disappointed, knows that the suspensions affected things greatly, and says what everyone else would say in that situation. How could you possibly expect anyone to sit there and say the other teams was just awesome, they were beat blah blah when no matter how it came to that point, they did not lose at full strength every game with the help of a bogus rule, that was violated yes, but bogus nonetheless.

BigBeezie
05-19-2007, 12:33 AM
Well...the Spurs owned Nash tonight. That is all that matters to me RIGHT now.

ducks
like the announcer said
nash has one or 2 years left
amare still has to improve
trade amare for kg?

nash would ok if duncan was not a spur and in his prime

DePastino
When did Tim Duncan come off the bench onto the court during an on-court altercation?

The fact that it didn't become an altercation is the luck part. Otherwise, he did the same thing Diaw did.

spursfan26
Oh, Steve. You used to be one of my favorite players ever.

This series has made me lose respect for you. ......

WTF...are you kidding me. After the shit Bowen and Horry pulled. Cry me a fucking river.

spursgrl20
05-19-2007, 12:34 AM
yeah, i knew he'd be disappointed as he should be but he didn't seem to give the spurs any credit at all for the win. just griped about the game 5 thing and our "malicious defense". the media will have a blast with all the soundbites he gave up in that interview.

ducks
how come nash did not score tell the fourth when the game was already decided

dbreiden83080
Funny how so many of you jump on him and say shit about him being upset with the way things went, but in a completely reversed situation, you'd be a complete fool to believe all the Spurs players would have stayed on the bench, and you would all be moaning and groaning about this exact stuff. He's quite disappointed, knows that the suspensions affected things greatly, and says what everyone else would say in that situation. How could you possibly expect anyone to sit there and say the other teams was just awesome, they were beat blah blah when no matter how it came to that point, they did not lose at full strength every game with the help of a bogus rule, that was violated yes, but bogus nonetheless.

He has a right to be upset and so do the Suns fans but the reality is you guys were beat handily in this game 6 at full strength with us still down a player so i think the whole this was unfair act needs to be toned down a bit after tonight.

Scotti
how can you answer that question? it was a factor, and it is kind of a stupid rule.

Let the guy bitch and moan, he just lost. He still said the Spurs are great.

These questions set players up for insinuations and answers. Give him some slack.

Hear hear, words of wisdom. :clap

You don't expect him to say, "My teammates are dumb. They need to be smarter in future." Those guys stood up for him when he was hurt, and were punished for that. However correct a decision it may be, how could he have not felt upset? Let him moan. We won, and let's move on.

samikeyp
Get Duncan the same tutor. If Jones and and Elson get into a pushing match, there's the altercation that would have had Duncan suspended. Jesus, you don't think the six man rotation for the Suns played into them getting fatigued on Wednesday? If roles were reversed you'd be calling it a stupid rule that dictated the series further than it needed to. Too bad we'll never know what would have happend if Amare and Diaw could play in game five. But something tells me we'd be getting ready for probably the greatest game seven in the history of the NBA

You are right. IF there was an altercation then Duncan should have been suspended. It didn't happen that way and I still think its a stupid rule.

I'll go to my grave thinking we could've won this series, and there's no a God damn thing you can say to change that.

Keep walkin'...

Who said you should kiss anyone's ass? :wtf

I agree that the Suns could have won this series, with or without the suspensions but it seems that a lot of Suns fans are of the opinion that Phoenix would have definetly, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed won the series if there were no suspensions, which is stupid.

UV Ray
It was on SC!

Fucking pussy!

Fuck him.

I was going to congradulate him, but he just shit the stick.

Just feel good that Stern saved your ass in this series so that you can lose it in the next.

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Something tells me that Steve Nash doesn't give a shit what you think.

Obstructed_View
Ladies and gentlemen, your Phoenix Suns, the 2007 champions of the Ifs and Buts league!

SpurOutofTownFan

Keep walkin'...

Your answer is just ridiculous if you look at yourself for a minute and think wher you are now, posting in this forum...

If you can't man up and admit the spurs were superior then there's nothing else I can do for you. You will probably lose again next year because you can't admit you guys need to change your game plan.

smrattler
What a freakin loser!!!! I can't believe his postgame interview. I had gained so much respect for him, but damn, what a puss!!! I knew this would happen, they'll take some solace in being the victim and the would've been and the people's champ or some bull$hit! F'em! Go home! C-ya!

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:36 AM
The fact that it didn't become an altercation is the luck part. Otherwise, he did the same thing Diaw did.

I agree....TD was damn lucky. At least you acknowledge the fact that there was no altercation...some of your fellow Suns fans and the players think there was.

Sweetey
Nash was cryin the whole press conference. It was really pathetic.
Good gawd ! Just after having to watch jackass mark cuban fake his crying jag at the MVP awards, now I have to sit here and watch missy nash bawl his head off because Stoudemire and Diaw were suspended in game 5 and that's why they lost tonight ??????? Well, excuse me, but Stoudemire and Diaw were alive and well and playing tonight but neither one did a damn thing to win the game.

Bring on the the new BAD BOYS SPURS ! Enough of these whiny assed crybabies already.

itzsoweezee
regardless of his comments about the suspensions, there's no excuse for his complaining about the calls. that's just completely bitchmade. nash is dead to me.

Obi-Wan-Ginobili
http://img293.imageshack.us/img293/2564/soreloserpngedtnds6.png (http://imageshack.us)

:smokin

smrattler
05-19-2007, 12:37 AM
My post could've easily been about that guy too.

picnroll
What's this, the fourth time the Spurs have knocked him out of the playoffs?

Amare_32
Let it go! Is over. Would have could have we will never know. The loss stings no doubt but they had thier chances. The Spurs played great plain and simple. The Suns will be back next year and hopefully learn from this series not to make silly mental mistakes.

jaespur21
05-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Something tells me that Steve Nash doesn't give a shit what you think.

Y dont both of yall GO FISH :drunk :clap

Extra Stout
05-19-2007, 12:38 AM

Keep walkin'...
Actually, I like it better knowing that you were on the cusp of finally getting to the promised land with your Suns, only to have it snatched from you by a freak event, in among the cruelest fashions possible.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

I love that a couple decades from now, when everybody else has forgotten about this series, you and other Suns fans will still curse this day, when the Suns may well have been the best team, but never got the chance to prove it, while you wonder if you'll live long enough to see them win a title.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:39 AM
Your answer is just ridiculous if you look at yourself for a minute and think wher you are now, posting in this forum...

If you can't man up and admit the spurs were superior then there's nothing else I can do for you. You will probably lose again next year because you can't admit you guys need to change your game plan.

My personal "beliefs" have exactly DICK to do with the outcome on the court.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Ladies and gentlemen, your Phoenix Suns, the 2007 champions of the Ifs and Buts league! Someone should sing to nash, '"If 'if's' and 'but's' were candy and nuts..."

GSH
05-19-2007, 12:40 AM
Amare Stoudamire was a man in his interview. Nash was a bitch. I have to admit, I expected better from him.

After his performance, he could have come out of this with a lot of respect. That interview will come back to haunt him next season, when he tries to tell his team, "No excuses! Let's go get it done." They'll all know that Nash will be the one making excuses...after they lose.

Spider TX
05-19-2007, 12:41 AM
Good gawd ! Just after having to watch jackass mark cuban fake his crying jag at the MVP awards, now I have to sit here and watch missy nash bawl his head off because Stoudemire and Diaw were suspended in game 5 and that's why they lost tonight ??????? Well, excuse me, but Stoudemire and Diaw were alive and well and playing tonight but neither one did a damn thing to win the game.

Bring on the the new BAD BOYS SPURS ! Enough of these whiny assed crybabies already.

Actually, Stoudamire did a hell of a lot to win, unfortunately others just plainly did not show up.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 12:42 AM
like the announcer said
nash has one or 2 years left
amare still has to improve
trade amare for kg?

nash would ok if duncan was not a spur and in his prime
No, Amare's game is developing to the point of KG. You've all seen his outside shot this series. This season was a total coin flip on how he'd do. He was coming off of a potentially career ending procedure. He's got his jump back and now getting a consistent jumpshot. He practices 3s every day, but the offense doesn't call for him to shoot them in games. At 24 years old he's got an impressive career ahead of him that won't require a KG in the next coupld season to win.

Now Marion and the #4 pick for KG is VERY possible. Can you imagine a lineup of KG, Amare, Diaw/Thomas, Bell, and Nash? I'd like to see that lineup.

picnroll
05-19-2007, 12:43 AM
I love that a couple decades from now, when everybody else has forgotten about this series, you and other Suns fans will still curse this day, when the Suns may well have been the best team, but never got the chance to prove it, while you wonder if you'll live long enough to see them win a title.
Yeah, these are some of the moments fan's memories are made. Stricklands behind the basket pass. Fisher's .4. Manu's block attempt of Dirk at the basket.

Amare's charge up the line.

DePastino
Actually, I like it better knowing that you were on the cusp of finally getting to the promised land with your Suns, only to have it snatched from you by a freak event, in among the cruelest fashions possible.

And there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

Coming from you, that means a lot to me.

Really.

smrattler
Nash tried to walk stage right after the postgame interview, someone told him, "No, losers to the left." F'n loser!!!

exstatic
05-19-2007, 12:44 AM
As long as you're willing to blame someone else, you'll never advance to the championship level. It could have been about the suspensions, or the fact that your coach fucking melts down every game in front of his team, or he only plays 7 players so no one is ready to step in when needed, or that your defense isn't ready for prime time.

The fact remains that championship teams get playoff games they need on the road. You had no one suspended tonight.

Spurminator
05-19-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't begrudge Nash for his comments.

The guy just played his ass off and lost. Of course he wishes he would have had full support for the series, and of course he would have wanted the NBA to be lenient in its ruling on the Amare and Diaw. I don't think he's under any obligation to think clearly and objectively after a contentious series in which he played his heart out.

To me, it's far worse to use press conferences to whine about officiating during a series in order to lobby for calls in future games. Nash was just saying what he was feeling at the time, and not with any agenda.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
A

You are right. IF there was an altercation then Duncan should have been suspended. It didn't happen that way and I still think its a stupid rule.

Who said you should kiss anyone's ass? :wtf

I agree that the Suns could have won this series, with or without the suspensions but it seems that a lot of Suns fans are of the opinion that Phoenix would have definetly, without a doubt, 100% guaranteed won the series if there were no suspensions, which is stupid.
I think the belief is the Suns would win a game seven in Phoenix because the city would have willed it. The Spurs did not want to go to Phoenix because they knew it would be the hardest road win in franchise history to pull off. And I think that would be the accurate opinion if a game seven was played in San Antonio. Most analysts and players will say that home court advantage means everything in game seven and means little any other game.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
The fact remains that championship teams get playoff games they need on the road. You had no one suspended tonight.

You're exactly right.

Which is why they won game four.

And then, with 18 seconds left and the game essentially over, a frustrated, pissed off Horry pulled a punk move and gave the Spurs that shot they needed to regain home court.

The Spurs should've massacred the Suns in game five, instead they were lucky to win.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Plus, I imagine he is a bit tired of carrying MOST of the team, and the Fing coach!

FIRE D'Antoni!

:devil

Man, I agree with you there. D'Antoni needs to be a leader. The contrast between he and Pop is striking. D'Antoni screws up the simple things, like checking in players, and clock management. If he'd spend half the time that he did bitching coaching, you wouldn't have stupid mistakes made by players who're winging it.

About the suspensions though, the thing is, and I begrudgingly agree with Jon Barry on this, the Suns lost this series when they coughed up home court advantage. Losing game one at home to a deep, veteran team is a very bad idea.

Nash'll get his ring someday, but I have a feeling it'll be in the fashion of Terry Porter and Kevin Willis--as a past his prime veteran signing a below market deal in order to play on a well-rounded team. I'd love to see him in black and silver someday.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
I think the belief is the Suns would win a game seven in Phoenix because the city would have willed it. The Spurs did not want to go to Phoenix because they knew it would be the hardest road win in franchise history to pull off. And I think that would be the accurate opinion if a game seven was played in San Antonio. Most analysts and players will say that home court advantage means everything in game seven and means little any other game

Fair enough...but it would not be guaranteed.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
I dont get what all the pissing and moaning is about. It's not as if Game five was the elimination game.

The Suns had two more opportunities to close out the Spurs despite the bogus occurences in Game 5. Unfortunately when it mattered the most, they allowed a manageable deficit to baloon to 20.

I call it shrinkage....... you know, when one's balls shrivel up under the pressure of a big moment. Another big name player suffers from this same issue. He resides about 250 miles north of here.......

Good thing is that now Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitski can compare MVP trophies in the comfort of thier own homes. Perhaps this year the MVP should be presented during halftime of Game 1 of the WCF.

mullet
05-19-2007, 12:51 AM
Jesus, you don't think the six man rotation for the Suns played into them getting fatigued on Wednesday?

Give me a fucking break. no one told your genius coach to only play 6 men. it was his own call, and your front office to not get players that he could feel confident in to play minutes in the playoffs.

If roles were reversed you'd be calling it a stupid rule that dictated the series further than it needed to. Too bad we'll never know what would have happend if Amare and Diaw could play in game five.

did you see any spurs jump off the bench? NO. so shut the fuck up already. just because your players and asst coaches are too stupid to stay on the bench doesnt shift the blame to the spurs for losing game 5. Plus if yall were really a championship team you shouldve won tonights game, when we were undermanned and you were full strength, and brought it back home for a game7. Then we really wouldve seen a great series. But tonight proves that Phoenix has absolutely no heart with the exception of Nash. And his is still a whiny pussy heart that leaks vaginal fluids most of the time

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Anyway, all Suns fans and Suns players need to be reminded that their team shouldn't have dropped game 1.
I think game 5 could have been arguable , if both teams held homecourt. But you didn't. And getting blown out tonight didn't help either. Anyway, that should actually be posted above all their beds. They'll sleep easier knowing that D'Antoni lied to them, about being the "better team". It's the coaches fault for them thinking Game 5 had any bearing, on the ultimate outcome of the series.

Anyway, I think a lot of Spurs fans on here are just nitpicking about Nash.

It's easy and petty to talk from your high horses and penalize a guy for one bout of frustrated words to a question that has no easy answers anyway. Penalizing a player for one night of "poor answers" is a bit too easy and convenient for us monday morning quarterbacks.

Classiness isn't something to boast about, and it's certainly not classy when Spurs fans keep holding people to expected standards. Who cares, he can talk all he wants, we won.

milkyway21
he shld blame it on the candles and prayers:
as promised i lighted 6 candles bec i wanted to end the series in 6 games. I'm already tired of reading the whines and the trash talks. I don't want S.A. to go back to Phoenix.

and read this:
A group of nuns, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word, planned to pray for the Spurs in San Antonio ahead of Friday's game. "Does God love the Spurs more than the Suns? No, but we love them more than the Suns," Sister Geri Eveler said in a statement. "The Spurs are our boys!" ... Jeff Van Gundy, fired earlier Friday by the Houston Rockets, was an analyst for ESPN for the game. ... :reading

thank you Van Gundy :D thank you sisters :angel

rr2418
Who the hell is Steve Flash, I mean Ash, or is it Nash, ah hell who the fu** cares! Lets all start looking forward to Sundays game against the Jazz! :lol

DarrinS
Just feel good that Stern saved your ass in this series so that you can lose it in the next.

Ironically, your team played one of its best games without Stupidmire and Diaw.

The SPurs were shorthanded tonight and two of your BEST players had a few days of extra rest.

later

exstatic
You're exactly right.

And then, with 18 seconds left and the game essentially over, a frustrated, pissed off Horry pulled a punk move and gave the Spurs that shot they needed to regain home court.

The Spurs should've massacred the Suns in game five, instead they were lucky to win.
It's not a test that only comes up once a series. You needed game 6, and were at full strength. Oh, and enough blubbering about the Horry foul. That beatdown Thomas put on Parker in the first half made Horry's little bump seem like a love tap. He took Tony out of the air, then kneed him on the way down. You know what? Tony popped up, went to the line, and sank 2. The reaction of a champion.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
You're exactly right.

Which championship did the Suns win?

Actually the game four win gave HCA back to Phoenix. Games 5 and 7 were in and to be in Phoenix while game 6 was in SA.

The Suns dominated game 5 and they should have won that game, but were not able to finish the job.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I dont get what all the pissing and moaning is about. It's not as if Game five was the elimination game.

The Suns had two more opportunities to close out the Spurs despite the bogus occurences in Game 5. Unfortunately when it mattered the most, they allowed a manageable deficit to baloon to 20.

I call it shrinkage....... you know, when one's balls shrivel up under the pressure of a big moment. Another big name player suffers from this same issue. He resides about 250 miles north of here.......

Good thing is that now Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitski can compare MVP trophies in the comfort of thier own homes. Perhaps this year the MVP should be presented during halftime of Game 1 of the WCF.

Look at the box score dude. This was an incredibly close game all across the board.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Fair enough...but it would not be guaranteed.
Which is why the game is still played.

ducks
05-19-2007, 12:54 AM
No, Amare's game is developing to the point of KG. You've all seen his outside shot this series. This season was a total coin flip on how he'd do. He was coming off of a potentially career ending procedure. He's got his jump back and now getting a consistent jumpshot. He practices 3s every day, but the offense doesn't call for him to shoot them in games. At 24 years old he's got an impressive career ahead of him that won't require a KG in the next coupld season to win.

Now Marion and the #4 pick for KG is VERY possible. Can you imagine a lineup of KG, Amare, Diaw/Thomas, Bell, and Nash? I'd like to see that lineup.
and why would the wolves do this?

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
What you should be doing intead of playing the "woulda, shoulda, coulda" game...blame D'Antoni. The Suns have the talent to win it all but when the big games happen.....D'Antoni wilts.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Which is why the game is still played.

agreed.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 12:56 AM
It's not a test that only comes up once a series. You needed game 6, and were at full strength. Oh, and enough blubbering about the Horry foul. That beatdown Thomas put on Parker in the first half made Horry's little bump seem like a love tap. He took Tony out of the air, then kneed him on the way down. You know what? Tony popped up, went to the line, and sank 2. The reaction of a champion.
Are you talking about when he got all ball and Tony just fell like a little girl? Yeah, that was a hard block and shouldn't have been called a foul.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
05-19-2007, 12:56 AM
I don't begrudge Nash for his comments.

The guy just played his ass off and lost. Of course he wishes he would have had full support for the series, and of course he would have wanted the NBA to be lenient in its ruling on the Amare and Diaw. I don't think he's under any obligation to think clearly and objectively after a contentious series in which he played his heart out.

To me, it's far worse to use press conferences to whine about officiating during a series in order to lobby for calls in future games. Nash was just saying what he was feeling at the time, and not with any agenda.
I agree with this.

I mean, it would have been worse if the series was still going. And he said it after game 5.
But that question is a loaded question. It's not really a big deal, if he didn't exactly let the win. He played his ass off, and really is getting impatient. Any competitor wants it NOW in the heat of the moment , not settle for later or resign himself. He'll get over it, but he was obviously still swallowing the loss in his interview. I don't know why people are magnifying it as being a bitch.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 12:57 AM
It's not a test that only comes up once a series. You needed game 6, and were at full strength. Oh, and enough blubbering about the Horry foul. That beatdown Thomas put on Parker in the first half made Horry's little bump seem like a love tap. He took Tonny out of the air, then kneed him on the way down. You know what? Tony popped up, went to the line, and sank 2. The reaction of a champion.

So did Nash.

Apples and oranges.

That foul was

a. NOT flagrant and

b. occurred when Parker was attempting a layup

Had Nash been driving to the basket on Horry and gotten fouled like that, no one would've said a word.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
Ironically, your team played one of its best games without Stupidmire and Diaw.

The SPurs were shorthanded tonight and two of your BEST players had a few days of extra rest.

later
Can't wait for RoHo to come back on Sunday. :clap

mullet
I think the belief is the Suns would win a game seven in Phoenix because the city would have willed it. The Spurs did not want to go to Phoenix because they knew it would be the hardest road win in franchise history to pull off. And I think that would be the accurate opinion if a game seven was played in San Antonio. Most analysts and players will say that home court advantage means everything in game seven and means little any other game.

The city of Phoenix will a victory? :rolleyes

Your home court really helped in Game 1 and in game 5. The fact is home court means jack shit when the teams are this good. It comes down to execution, and fucking pure will on the part of the players. Ginobili willed this game in favor of the Spurs and was backed up with timely shots by Finley, Parker, Bowen and Duncan. Our starting 5 stepped up. Where was yours?

GSH
Then man up and congratulate the other team. "We played good, they played better." When he whines like that, it makes him look like a loser. I promise you, his own teammates will quit believing him when he says things like, "We just have to focus on playing the game." He said this week that being short-handed was never on his mind. Now we know different.

The truth is, I am disappointed. I really want to respect the guy. But he is going to end up as one of the best players never to win a championship, as long as he keeps making excuses.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 12:58 AM
They wouldn't. Every GM worth his salt knows that Marion is an overhyped system player who would probably average 13-14 points in a non go go offense. He's the perfect #3 player. The problem is, he's paid as a franchise player and he isn't one, and he isn't going to bring one in trade.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 12:59 AM
You're exactly right.

And then, with 18 seconds left and the game essentially over, a frustrated, pissed off Horry pulled a punk move and gave the Spurs that shot they needed to regain home court.The Spurs should've massacred the Suns in game five, instead they were lucky to win.

He gave the Spurs what shot exactly? Did I miss the part where he forced Diaw and Stoudemire off of the bench? I'm thinking your anger needs to be redirected at those two knuckleheads instead.

Fact is, there were 5 more players over there on the bench as well. Why didn't they get suspended? Oh thats right, Horry must have forgotten to force them onto the court also.......

Ridiculous my man. Absolutely ridiculous.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 01:00 AM
They wouldn't. Every GM worth his salt knows that Marion is an overhyped system player who would probably average 13-14 points in a non go go offense. He's the perfect #3 player. The problem is, he's paid as a franchise player and he isn't one, and he isn't going to bring one in trade.

Marion wouldn't be the real bait, the pick would. Marion just makes the deal work under the cap.

Kori Ellis

All series Spurs fans have been feeling sorry for Nash, starting threads about how great he is because he doesn't whine or complain, and then everything turned around in this elimination game.

He whined like a bitch all game on the court and then made it even worse with that post game interview. Embarrassing.

1SUNSFAN
The leader of the whining pussies speaks. The Spurs own Steve Nash.

STERN owns Steve Nash...

If you ask me it is all the SPURS fans who are the whiners... all I ever hear is "the rules are the rules" while the rest of the world knows the series was tainted.

Like I said before, if the series would have gone 7 and the Spurs won in Phoenix they could have saved face... but now they are worse than the Mavs... at least the Mavs can choke and save face. They will be back next year. The Spurs will get burried after this year... Utah will beat them and then they will be the ugly step child that nobody likes.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Because the #4 pick is still going to be a fantastic pick and KG wants out of Minnesota. Marion is not covented by many fans, but there are many coaches in the league who would love to have him. He's a top defender, can shoot (although ugly many times), and is always a top rebounder. Although the Suns know he's been the biggest factor of consistency the last three years besides Nash. When Marion misses games the Suns are not even close to the same team. I don't know if Minnesota would do it, but they'd think about it--and Marion and KGs salaries are pretty close.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 01:02 AM
Look at the box score dude. This was an incredibly close game all across the board.

Soooooooo........

With the Spurs up 20 it was still a close game right?

Your reality is borderline delusional with that kind of talk.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
STERN owns Steve Nash...

If you ask me it is all the SPURS fans who are the whiners... all I ever hear is "the rules are the rules" while the rest of the world knows the series was tainted.

Like I said before, if the series would have gone 7 and the Spurs won in Phoenix they could have saved face... but now they are worse than the Mavs... at least the Mavs can choke and save face. They will be back next year. The Spurs will get burried after this year... Utah will beat them and then they will be the ugly step child that nobody likes.

If the series had gone seven and the Spurs won in phoenix you'd be talking about how the Suns were robbed two games and still the Spurs needed seven games to win. You're a fucking homer douche, and you don't even lie convincingly. Enjoy the summer. Your team is built for the regular season.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
I really don't dislike any of the Suns, except Amare.

Amare should be a leader of that team and instead he acts like a victim.

Nash is all balls and guts and I really like the way he plays.

Marion is a freak of nature. That guy is a great defender, rebounder, and can score, even with that wierd-ass shot of his.

Raja Bell is a poor man's Bruce Bowen.

Kurt Thomas. Well, he did what he could against Tim. But, he is money with that 12 foot jump shot.

Barbosa. He's still young. This was good learning experience for him.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 01:05 AM

All series Spurs fans have been feeling sorry for Nash, starting threads about how great he is because he doesn't whine or complain, and then everything turned around in this elimination game.

He whined like a bitch all game on the court and then made it even worse with that post game interview. Embarrassing.

Meanwhile, it's just killing you guys knowing that your team will never get full credit for this series victory.

Why else would you keep screaming bloody murder everytime the suspensions are mentioned?

Look, the Spurs are a fabulous team and Popovich's gameplan is superb and proven.

But we'll always have our doubts and you can thank Horry for that.

timvp
I lost all respect for Steve Nash. Not only did he cry all game, he twisted every question after the game into how the Suns were wronged. Fvck, get over it you whiny b!tch.

The Spurs won Game 1, had Game 2 until they fell asleep, won Game 3, won Game 4 before a choke, won Game 5 and beat your ass in Game 6. This wasn't even that difficult of a series for the Spurs.

I used to like Nash but not any longer. He's now reaching Karl Malone level in my book. He sits there trying to put an asterisk on what the Spurs were able to do. F U, Stevie.

Players like Dirk or even Amare are 20 times more deserving of the "good guy" label than Nash. Nash is a whiny, yet highly skilled, regular season wonder who needs to learn to lose with class.

DarrinS
Because the #4 pick is still going to be a fantastic pick and KG wants out of Minnesota. Marion is not covented by many fans, but there are many coaches in the league who would love to have him. He's a top defender, can shoot (although ugly many times), and is always a top rebounder. Although the Suns know he's been the biggest factor of consistency the last three years besides Nash. When Marion misses games the Suns are not even close to the same team. I don't know if Minnesota would do it, but they'd think about it--and Marion and KGs salaries are pretty close.

We'll trade Elson and Vaughn for Marion -- straight up.

Extra Stout
STERN owns Steve Nash...

I'm sorry you've never experienced what it's like for your favorite NBA team to win a championship. I have --> 3 times. It is exhilarating.

All you've ever known is cruel heartbreak. This must be a really bitter pill to swallow. I'm sure you'd love to shake David Stern right now.

But, the reality is, you are powerless to do anything, and the Suns are cursed.

DePastino
05-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Soooooooo........

With the Spurs up 20 it was still a close game right?

Your reality is borderline delusional with that kind of talk.

Did you look at the box score?

OldDirtMcGirt
We'll trade Elson and Vaughn for Marion -- straight up.

Throw in Matt Bonner and you've got your self a deal! :p:

Amare_32
To the other Suns fans please let it go. Is over I don't like it anymore than you guys. The Spurs were the better team.

Obi-Wan-Ginobili
STERN owns Steve Nash...

This series is over. See you next year! :lol

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 01:07 AM

He didn't get much respect all series. The rules they enforce much of the regular season limit the kind of defense adopted in the playoffs. Bowen was slapping an reaching in at his arm each game and Nash got little benefit of the doubt. If it were Labron, or Wade, or even Iverson, Bowen would have been called for more hand checks and reach-ins. That isn't saying the league is racist, it's just what it is. Nash gets fouled a lot and rarely gets anything to show for it.

And please, he whines no more than Timmy (who by watching his reactions has never committed a foul in his life--even Steve Kerr made fun of him for that), any of the Argentinans, Bowen, and Parker.

DarrinS
Meanwhile, it's just killing you guys knowing that your team will never get full credit for this series victory.

Why else would you keep screaming bloody murder everytime the suspensions are mentioned?

Look, the Spurs are a fabulous team and Popovich's gameplan is superb and proven.

Come on, man. We play another 7 games, and it's obvious that the Spurs will win 4 of them.

Now run along and go fish.

timvp
Oh and to anyone who thinks that the little suspensions will be remembered, you need to wake up. This is the second round. Nobody remembers what happens in the second round :lol

When you look at the 2005 championship banner do you remember that Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic got injured? Yeah, right :lol

Second round.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 01:08 AM

:lol I don't care if the Spurs get full credit, half credit or extra credit.

There's so much basketball left to be played, that if the Spurs do win another title, not many people will give a crap about what happened in the second round.

And you can thank Amare/Diaw/your assistant coaches for the suspensions. Horry didn't force your players to get off the bench and didn't force the assistant coaches to not stop them.

1SUNSFAN
yeah, i knew he'd be disappointed as he should be but he didn't seem to give the spurs any credit at all for the win. just griped about the game 5 thing and our "malicious defense". the media will have a blast with all the soundbites he gave up in that interview.

More DUMBASS Spurs fan thinking... the Media and the nation is on our side! We're the good guys! The Spurs are the *Asterick team that should go drown itself in the San Antonio river.

SpurOutofTownFan
I really don't dislike any of the Suns, except Amare.

Amare should be a leader of that team and instead he acts like a victim.

Nash is all balls and guts and I really like the way he plays.

Marion is a freak of nature. That guy is a great defender, rebounder, and can score, even with that wierd-ass shot of his.

Raja Bell is a poor man's Bruce Bowen.

Kurt Thomas. Well, he did what he could against Tim. But, he is money with that 12 foot jump shot.

Barbosa. He's still young. This was good learning experience for him.

I feel pretty bad how they destroy careers like Barbosa's. He murdered the Lakers because they can't defend their own asses but against a D team like teh spurs he couldnt do junk.

I'm not sure where D"antoni got the "we are more talented". Ginobili and Parker both can penetrate any D and know when can't penetrate. They can play a good interior D and still score and can dismantle a no D team completely. That only comes with years of experience playing for a team teh opposite of what teh suns are now.

Catharsis
05-19-2007, 01:09 AM
Oh and to anyone who thinks that the little suspensions will be remembered, you need to wake up. This is the second round. Nobody remembers what happens in the second round :lol

When you look at the 2005 championship banner do you remember that Rashard Lewis and Vladimir Radmanovic got injured? Yeah, right :lol

Second round.
Yeah, I forgot what happend to the Spurs last year... :clap

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 01:09 AM
More DUMBASS Spurs fan thinking... the Media and the nation is on our side! We're the good guys! The Spurs are the *Asterick team that should go drown itself in the San Antonio river.

From all teh suns fans posting in this forum you are truly 1SUNSFAN. teh number 1 moron suns fan.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Meanwhile, it's just killing you guys knowing that your team will never get full credit for this series victory.Why else would you keep screaming bloody murder everytime the suspensions are mentioned?

Just like it kills us because we have 2 and a half championships?

Whatever my man. Thats the difference between winners and losers.

Winners get tangible results, like championship hardware.

Losers lament how it could have been.

Enjoy the replays in your mind this summer (Nash to Amare, Nash to Amare.......)

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 01:10 AM
Yeah, I forgot what happend to the Spurs last year... :clap

But I didn't forget what happened to teh suns afterwards. True story.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM
Did you look at the box score?

Did you watch the game during the 3rd and 4th quarters?

Stat padding after a game is decided does wonders doesnt it?

picnroll
You're exactly right.

If you check the Spurs have a looooongg history of letting up and losing to teams that are a man down. Many teams do. Both teams fully manned I think the spurs could have taken it in Phoenx and even without Horry in Phoenix and Suns with Amare and Diaw, Spurs could have won, maybe more easily than they did with Amare shelved. The road doesn't scare the Spurs, they even focus better with adversity.

SpurOutofTownFan
My personal "beliefs" have exactly DICK to do with the outcome on the court.

That's not the point. Your response was dumbass.

Extra Stout
05-19-2007, 01:13 AM

5 years ago, the Sacramento Kings suffered the most obvious screw job ever, in Game 6 against the Lakers. It was the most blatantly fixed professional sporting event since the Black Sox scandal. Either one of the officials had money riding on the game, or was being blackmailed.

But few mention that these days when discussing the legacy of the Shaq-Kobe Lakers. Robert Horry's game-winning 3 in that series gets mentioned a lot, though. Wouldn't it be ironic if Bruce Bowen's game-clinching 3 is the lasting image of Game 5, rather than the suspensions?

Three months from now, nobody outside Arizona will care what transpired in this series. But, of course, you'll go to your grave with it. Enjoy.

ducks
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
nash should have forgot about the refs and played
why did he not score his points in the third when it was clsoe
in the 4 it was over

DePastino
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
I'm sorry you've never experienced what it's like for your favorite NBA team to win a championship. I have --> 3 times. It is exhilarating.

All you've ever known is cruel heartbreak. This must be a really bitter pill to swallow. I'm sure you'd love to shake David Stern right now.

But, the reality is, you are powerless to do anything, and the Suns are cursed.

Thank you for putting it so eloquently.

The sad part is, they really try.

I mean look at the perennial losers like Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York...their fans know that they are going to suck pretty much every year.

The Suns have always strived for a title and fallen just short many times.

I've been a diehard for 25 years now and you're damn right it hurts.

Having won 3, I don't expect you to understand that.

judaspriestess
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM

I mean look at the perennial losers like Milwaukee, Atlanta, New York...their fans know that they are going to suck pretty much every year.

Honestly your team is about one guy short of being a powerhouse team and they need to learn discipline especially your teams coach.

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 01:18 AM
If Nash didn't embellish that Horry Game 4 foul, he wouldn't have to cry about losing two guys.

polandprzem
05-19-2007, 01:19 AM
I lost all respect for Steve Nash. Not only did he cry all game, he twisted every question after the game into how the Suns were wronged. Fvck, get over it you whiny b!tch.

The Spurs won Game 1, had Game 2 until they fell asleep, won Game 3, won Game 4 before a choke, won Game 5 and beat your ass in Game 6. This wasn't even that difficult of a series for the Spurs.

I used to like Nash but not any longer. He's now reaching Karl Malone level in my book. He sits there trying to put an asterisk on what the Spurs were able to do. F U, Stevie.

Players like Dirk or even Amare are 20 times more deserving of the "good guy" label than Nash. Nash is a whiny, yet highly skilled, regular season wonder who needs to learn to lose with class.

Same feelings.

It is still great to watch him, but those 2 latest press conferences were awefull. And then he do it on the court crying and whining. well he can do it but reasonable.

I lost some respect to him.

1SUNSFAN
05-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Why was it Tony that was on the groud for about 10 minutes in game one when he head-butted Nash? Obviously Nash got the worst of that collision but he was up and ready to play. Tony is a PUSSY! All the Spurs are floppers... Duncan's eyes are gonna pop out of his socketes! Your team, your fans, your city are pathetic!

DePastino
05-19-2007, 01:21 AM
Did you watch the game during the 3rd and 4th quarters?

Stat padding after a game is decided does wonders doesnt it?

Rebounds, off rebounds, turnovers, blocks, shooting percentage, 3 point makes - all dead even.

And I'd hardly call cutting it to five late in the game "stat padding".

The Spurs closed it out, but that was a helluva comeback.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 01:22 AM
Why was it Tony that was on the groud for about 10 minutes in game one when he head-butted Nash? Obviously Nash got the worst of that collision but he was up and ready to play. Tony is a PUSSY! All the Spurs are floppers... Duncan's eyes are gonna pop out of his socketes! Your team, your fans, your city are pathetic!

Umm... he got knocked unconscious, dumbass. And he was down far less than five minutes.

Obi-Wan-Ginobili
05-19-2007, 01:23 AM

Scoreboard! :smokin

judaspriestess
05-19-2007, 01:24 AM

stfu idiot, when players are sweaty and at full force it is very easy to get a cut going, skin becomes very thin. Nash did not even realize he was cut. He went to check on Tony and then realized he was bleeding. Don't be so fucking ridiculous.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Why was it Tony that was on the groud for about 10 minutes in game one when he head-butted Nash? Obviously Nash got the worst of that collision but he was up and ready to play. Tony is a PUSSY! All the Spurs are floppers... Duncan's eyes are gonna pop out of his socketes! Your team, your fans, your city are advancing to the next round!
Fixed for ya bitch.

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 01:25 AM

Thanks for reminding me about that. Nash's first reaction? Check to make sure Tony is ok. If you can't cut the guy a break, that reflects on you, not Nash.

Agloco
05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Rebounds, off rebounds, turnovers, blocks, shooting percentage, 3 point makes - all dead even.

And I'd hardly call cutting it to five late in the game "stat padding".

The Spurs closed it out, but that was a helluva comeback.

Shit like this always makes me nervous......

Team goes up by 20 or so with 8 some odd minutes left. THEN........

Suns start making every shot they throw up with thier eyes closed and the Spurs go cold. I've seen my fair share of miracle comebacks and this one had all of the flavor.

Luck mixed in with some extreme BS like Nash firing away and making everything he threw up all of a sudden. And lets not forget Amare making his FIRST THREE POINTER OF THE FUCKING SEASON.........

Geez.

Yeah it was a good come back, but it took absolutely crazy shots to make it as close as it was.

1SUNSFAN
05-19-2007, 01:30 AM
From all teh suns fans posting in this forum you are truly 1SUNSFAN. teh number 1 moron suns fan.

Yup... you caught me. What is "teh"?????? Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lol

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 01:31 AM
Shit like this always makes me nervous......

Team goes up by 20 or so with 8 some odd minutes left. THEN........

Suns start making every shot they throw up with thier eyes closed and the Spurs go cold. I've seen my fair share of miracle comebacks and this one had all of the flavor.

Luck mixed in with some extreme BS like Nash firing away and making everything he threw up all of a sudden. And lets not forget Amare making his FIRST THREE POINTER OF THE FUCKING SEASON.........

Geez.

Yeah it was a good come back, but it took absolutely crazy shots to make it as close as it was.

If you think those were "miracle" shots, you haven't seen enough Suns games. That's how they play. Props to the Spurs defense for shutting it down most of the series, but there wasn't anything miraculous in the Suns making those shots at the end.

Tek_XX
05-19-2007, 01:32 AM
Will the real Nash please stand up? Dude screams on court, just to play the nice guy off court.

picnroll
05-19-2007, 01:32 AM
All the Spurs are floppers...
You do know tthat Suns led the league in offensive fouls (flops) drawn with Raja number 4 (down from 2 last year thanks to the talents of Devin Harris) and Nash was number 6. Meanwhile Spurs were a middle of the pack at 14.

Your team, yes the Phoenix Suns, has built an entire defense around flopping.

Amarelooms
05-19-2007, 01:33 AM
Umm... he got knocked unconscious, dumbass. And he was down far less than five minutes.

I seriously doubt that...if he had no way he comes back in.

ducks
dude he was

Obstructed_View
If you think those were "miracle" shots, you haven't seen enough Suns games. That's how they play. Props to the Spurs defense for shutting it down most of the series, but there wasn't anything miraculous in the Suns making those shots at the end.
The Suns play well from behind. God knows they've had enough practice playing the Spurs...

smeagol
Get a rope and put yourself and us out of this misery.

Please.

Loser.

Just like your precious Suns.

Losers.

smeagol
05-19-2007, 01:34 AM

1SUNSFAN
05-19-2007, 01:36 AM

LOL!!! Right... unconscious... show me one article... from a REAL source that says Tony was unconsious. He was a crying little actor baby... he learned his acting from his ho Eva.

Tek_XX
You do know tthat Suns led the league in offensive fouls (flops) drawn with Raja number 4 (down from 2 last year thanks to the talents of Devin Harris) and Nash was number 6. Meanwhile Spurs were a middle of the pack at 14.

Your team, yes the Phoenix Suns, has built an entire defense around flopping.

I enjoyed the way Bell didn't even need contact to flop, amazing skills. They take flopping to a whole new level.

dav4463

Who cares what the media thinks and who cares what the ignorant nation full of sheep think? Go challenge the mavericks and put it on TV and you and all the rest of the masses can play regular season style ball all you want. Join the AndOne tour or something. Mavs and suns can play their video game brand of basketball and crown your own "people's champion".

JamStone
05-19-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't think there was anything wrong with what Steve Nash said. It's just after a heartbreaking loss, and of course he is still pissed about the suspensions. And, he was hacked several times during the game today and didn't get a call.

But, he lost. His team lost. He's a world class athlete who is ultra competitive. It's very easy for fans of the winning team criticize these players for not being good sports. Fans don't play the game. Fans of the winning team don't have to deal with losing.

Nash might be somewhat of a sore loser. But, put yourself in his shoes. Most of us would be too.

sabar
05-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Why was it Tony that was on the groud for about 10 minutes in game one when he head-butted Nash? Obviously Nash got the worst of that collision but he was up and ready to play. Tony is a PUSSY! All the Spurs are floppers... Duncan's eyes are gonna pop out of his socketes! Your team, your fans, your city are pathetic!concussion>cut on nose

sabar
05-19-2007, 01:39 AM
Yup... you caught me. What is "teh"?????? Durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :lolsunsfan ignorant as usual: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teh

Tek_XX
05-19-2007, 01:39 AM
I don't think there was anything wrong with what Steve Nash said. It's just after a heartbreaking loss, and of course he is still pissed about the suspensions. And, he was hacked several times during the game today and didn't get a call.

But, he lost. His team lost. He's a world class athlete who is ultra competitive. It's very easy for fans of the winning team criticize these players for not being good sports. Fans don't play the game. Fans of the winning team don't have to deal with losing.

Nash might be somewhat of a sore loser. But, put yourself in his shoes. Most of us would be too.

Lots of hacking going on. Just because Nash is screaming his head off doesn't mean it's happening more to him.

JamStone
05-19-2007, 01:41 AM
Didn't say it was happening more to Nash. His team is down, he's playing his ass off, it's an elimination game ... I'm going to scream my head off too if I think I'm getting hacked and the no-call leads to a turnover.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
Didn't say it was happening more to Nash. His team is down, he's playing his ass off, it's an elimination game ... I'm going to scream my head off too if I think I'm getting hacked and the no-call leads to a turnover.
Yep. I didn't have a problem with that. Mike Breen kept saying "They are about to give him a T" and there was no WAY they were going to do that to him.

Blaming the league instead of having his teammates take responsibility, however....

dav4463
05-19-2007, 01:44 AM

When I was a kid, I was a diehard Spurs fan then too. I saw my team blow a series against the Bullets when they had it won. I saw 50+ wins every year playing an exciting high-scoring brand of basketball, but every playoff season the Spurs came up just a little bit short. So, yeah, some of us know exactly where you are coming from.

x_roux_x
05-19-2007, 02:08 AM

I just dont think u suns fans get the phrase "no altercation insuing" And the Suns were neither better or lucky....so they went home...

x_roux_x
05-19-2007, 02:16 AM

it doesnt explain the other 2 wins before the suspensions...and I if I remember right the Suns had a chance to close game 5 out but couldnt do it...and U couldnt close ous out in game 6 with Amare and Diaw...get over it...they went home...yall might have a chance next year so look forward to that...and for those saying well he angry yada yada yada...what u fail to see is that our spurs just won a tough series...so were happy....ya know the opposite of what yall feel...and dont act like if the suns would have won the series yall fuckers wouldnt have come in here talking shit....this is Spurstalk.com motherfuckers...u dont like what the fans say then adios putos...no one is making u be here...u cant take up for a something they lost....nothing made them lose but them...

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:19 AM
The Spurs had their second leading scorer taken out by a flagrant. Nobody left the bench. The Spurs won that series 4-1. Steve Nash was the point guard of that team.

~Sweetmelody~
05-19-2007, 02:22 AM
I will admit, I was a dissapointed with Steve's comments. But at the same time, he is really dissapointed, so I will give him some slack.

Horry For 3!
05-19-2007, 02:24 AM

:lmao @ killing us

I am sure we don't really give a shit what the media and sun fans think. Spurs are in the WCF and the Suns are sittin on their ass at home watching the games.

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2007, 09:48 AM

:clap :clap :clap

JamStone
05-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Should Nash be a more gracious loser? Sure. But, I understand. It really sucks to lose when you think you are capable of winning, that you didn't catch a fair break, and you feel an unfair rule played a huge role in determining the outcome of the series. I'd be a little bitter too. And, if you objectively put yourself in his shoes, most of you Spurs fans would be too. Screw being politically correct at that point. Hours after a gut wrenching loss, he's probably being more honest than those athletes that just spit the cliche rhetoric about giving the other team credit and how they got outplayed. He's speaking from the heart. Sure, he's a sore loser, but I don't necessarily blame him. I think he should feel like he and his team got jobbed. That's the competitive spirit in him. I don't think he's taking credit away from the Spurs. I think he's just bitter that in his mind it wasn't completely fair how the series played out.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
When I was a kid, I was a diehard Spurs fan then too. I saw my team blow a series against the Bullets when they had it won. I saw 50+ wins every year playing an exciting high-scoring brand of basketball, but every playoff season the Spurs came up just a little bit short. So, yeah, some of us know exactly where you are coming from.

Amen to that. It took the spurs 25 years to win that first championship.

Here's to #4 on the way. :toast

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 10:07 AM
So now the ENTIRE Phoenix Suns organization from top to bottom can be tagged unprofessional, weasly little babies. Nash included. That's good that Nash is included, because we get tired of always having to preface Suns blasts with "Nash asides".

Phuck Phoenix. They are OWNED by San Antonio. Let's think Jazz now.

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Spurs 5 - Nash 0

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 10:25 AM
LOL!!! Right... unconscious... show me one article... from a REAL source that says Tony was unconsious. He was a crying little actor baby... he learned his acting from his ho Eva.

Okay, its about time you leave now. You never threw heat, but now you are lobbing wiffle balls. And as you leave, the funny thing is I know that deep down you will feel a sense of indignation at Steve Nash's icing on the cake - the postgame cryfest, which thoroughly ingrained how soft and hollow the Suns are. Nobody will remember you guys. Your window is about shut. Steve is closer to 35 than 30, your team has serious luxury tax issues. Get out of here now, please.

A big consolation hug to you. I wish I could kleenex your cheeks for you.

:jack

picnroll
05-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Nice to see the media and even other team's message boards finally realizing and turning against the Suns, their owner, their coach, their players, and their fans constatnt whining. Suns have made a joke of themselves.

cherylsteele
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Someone post the Sour Grapes pic.

All I have to say is WCF here we come!
here you go:
http://www.sallyminker.com/art/2-d/images/grapes-print.jpg
Did we not just win game 6 the same way we won in 2005? Amare got his and shut everyone else down?

cherylsteele
05-19-2007, 10:48 AM
Just like game 5 when you the Suns were up by about 10 points with about 4 minutes left and lost? A game the you shoulda, coulda won but didn't?

cherylsteele
05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
close but none of these for you:
http://www.bilmacdollmolds.net/28%20smaller.jpg

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 10:53 AM
http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182007/sports/nbas_brawl_rule_got_it_right_sports_phil_mushnick. htm

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 10:55 AM
The Suns should be THANKFUL that the rule is there. If it wasn't, Stoudamire & Diaw probably would have gotten into a full-fledged fight and been suspended for MORE than 1 game.

Somtimes, people are like babies and can't understand that even though the medicine tastes bad at the moment, in the long run it'll be good for you. The anti-brawl rules are there for a VERY good reason and they will be enforced, even on the whiny Suns.

cherylsteele
05-19-2007, 10:57 AM
Better partial credit than no credit at all.

MISSMAAM
05-19-2007, 10:59 AM
Wooohooo, my first post.

Alright, this is what I'm trying to understand. Nash didn't even show up the first 3 quarters of this last game...so where is the talk about all of that? I'm confused...which woulda shoulda done-a is that? THEN although Amare had 38 points...has anyone noticed that the two of them seemed to flip flop on which half they would show up for? As much as I respect the Suns for the valiant effort...me thinks they would've been tired by the last two games even if Stoudamire and Diaw hadn't been suspended? I mean let's keep it real...the Spurs bench is just deeper but nobody seems to want to factor that into the series if it had gone into a game 7. Let's not forget their coach is not the brightest when it comes to substitutions, the fatigue would've set in....so enough of the ifs and buts...

dnsa
05-19-2007, 11:06 AM
:rolleyes after all that mad love he gave everyone out on the court after the game and he turns around and says something so pathetic like he did.

IF PHOENIX IS SOOOOOO GREAT THEY SHOULD HAVE WON GAME 1!!!
:flipoff

Don't blame the NBA for your teams fuckups

:clap

RIGHT, EVERYONE FORGETS THEY LOST GAME 1 AND THE HOMECOURT ADVANTAGE.

spurster
05-19-2007, 11:08 AM
Nash has been Bowened.

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Umm....then why do y'all complain when Duncan complains about being fouled. It's okay for you and Nash, but not the Spurs?

Fuck you and your double standards you stinking piece of shite.

LoVeNSpuRs
05-19-2007, 11:20 AM
STERN owns Steve Nash...

Curious.. What would you have said if the situation was reversed? 2 of OUR players suspended for stepping onto the court during an altercation and all you hear from us ALL week long is how unfair this is and.. if 2 of our "best players" weren't suspended because of that "hard foul" .. or we would & could have won the series if only... and the Suns were handed this series and blah blah blah. We all know the rule is stupid, i don't recall anyone every disputing that but I am really curious to know what the Phoenix Suns Fans might have said. "The rules are the rules" ??

LoVeNSpuRs
05-19-2007, 11:22 AM
Nash has been Bowened.

that's awesome. :clap

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2007, 11:23 AM
You're exactly right.

And if they hadn't lost game 1, that would have meant something. Since they lost game 1 at home, game 4, meant both teams, in essence held serve. So, game 6 would have been the game on the road that they needed to get.

Basically, the championship teams wins one more on the road than the other team does.

Phoenix didn't.

Did Horry put a gun to the head of Amare and Diaw and force them to leave the bench?

Is the rule new?

Is the penalty subject to the discretion of the league or is it automatic?

That's just ignorant. Nobody thought that it would be an easy, blowout win in Phoenix. The whole town forgot about the law of cause and effect and about taking responsibility for your actions and blamed Horry, Stern and God Himself for their fate. As a result, it was an unbelievably hostile environment which makes up for the absence of Amare. Teams rise to the occasion with the home crowd in such circumstances. They can't do it in the long run, but on any given night. And it is hard to play a short handed team.
The Spurs deserve a lot of credit for winning under those circumstances. None of the analysts predicted the Spurs to win the game.

No, you don't understand: it's best of 7- they had to get this win on the road and they didn't.

Why did we beat them 3 out of the other 5 games?

If your team relies upon a player with a low iq and he does something stupid, then I guess your team is not as good as you think!!!

We have won 9 out of the last 13 games with Amare playing.

What do you think?

clambake
05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Much of this could have been cured with a game 7.

picnroll
05-19-2007, 12:25 PM
Much of this could have been cured with a game 7.
Blame the Suns then. They were the ones that were supposed to get it to game 7.

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 12:25 PM
We all know the rule is stupid, i don't recall anyone every disputing that but I am really curious to know what the Phoenix Suns Fans might have said.

You're wrong. The rule is not stupid. Anyone who doesn't understand the purpose and effectiveness of the rule is stupid.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05182007/sports/nbas_brawl_rule_got_it_right_sports_phil_mushnick. htm

clambake
05-19-2007, 12:28 PM
The mavs made history, so did the spurs.

WalterBenitez
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Nash you are better than that ... You should say stop making stupid things to you kids, rather than blame NBA (did I say that) :oops

Agloco
05-19-2007, 07:05 PM

Lets cut to the chase shall we?

If thats the way the Suns play, you cant wonder why they get bounced each year. Be honest now, how far do pull up threes take you on a consistent basis.

I'll focus on that aspect alone and let the part about Amares three go I guess.......

Viva Las Espuelas
05-20-2007, 12:29 AM
I feel he should be fined for his "stupid rule" comment. i guess the nba showed mercy in that case.