PDA

View Full Version : Duncan's Steady, Consistent Brilliance

duncan228
05-19-2007, 12:15 AM
I hope it's okay to give Duncan his own thread for this series. His play on both ends of the floor let us close this out in 6. He's so much more than a box score can show (although his stats were great this series.) His defense is unreal, his footwork seems like he's younger again. His energy on the floor means so much to this team. He was hoarse in his interviews tonight, if you watched the game you could see him talking, guiding, leading his team. (Duncan actually animated! A treat to see!)

I've said it through this whole season. The fire is in his eyes. He came in to training camp healthy and ready. He's taken his team this far, he will finish the job.

I've never seen him with this kind of fire unless he wins it all. He's a joy to watch.

:toast To Tim Duncan. Bring it home. A fourth title for the Spurs, a fourth Finals MVP for Duncan.

I believe in Tim Duncan.

PS: I don't mean to take away from Tony and Manu's incredible night. But this one's for Duncan.

sa21
05-19-2007, 12:38 AM
Tim was AWESOME !!!!!!

RuffnReadyOzStyle
05-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Right on, OP.

And if Tim isn't the best help defender in the league I don't know who is.

It's a laugh that Camby won DPotY when Tim kills every team he plays.

csl24
05-19-2007, 12:42 AM
Agreed, the most underrated underappreciated players of all time. Number 21 is an absolute beast. Just ask his opponents.

4001 STEREO SPUR
05-19-2007, 12:46 AM
Tim is da kine!!

michaelwcho
05-19-2007, 12:47 AM
I don't think consistent was the right word, IMO tonight was special. He affected almost every shot in the lane, and blocked 9 shots. __9___!!!!

Budkin
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Timmy... once again our post season MVP!!!

Spurs Brazil
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
TD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rest of the league

T Park
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
In all seriousness.

When Duncan is playing well, and going good.

Sit back and enjoy it, soak it up, and apreciate it.

I learned this year to start doing that.

He won't be around for much longer.

ambchang
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
I don't think I have seen low post moves as ridiculous as Tim's since Hakeem.
Tim ruled on the defensive end as well, I mean, 9 blocks! Are you kidding me?

dbreiden83080
05-19-2007, 12:50 AM
I get so MAD when people call his game boring. To me the man is a genius out there he is downright beautiful to watch. He does everything great on both ends of the floor and he is an amazing leader without being all in your face on every play. If Timmy leads the Spurs to a 4th ring his legacy will be through the roof, the sky is the limit BABY.

jaespur21
05-19-2007, 12:50 AM
Some1 has on their signature MY qoute "TIM IS THE BEST PLAYER EVER" meet me in person and i have all the comebacks u want.. PLZ Hoes if duncan had the JORDAN treatment he would average 35 a gm easily..

duncan228
05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Right on, OP.

And if Tim isn't the best help defender in the league I don't know who is.

It's a laugh that Camby won DPotY when Tim kills every team he plays.

He's taken for granted. He's not flashy, no one notices him.
Except those that know this game and how it's really supposed to be played. And won.

Hate to repeat myself but Duncan is the reason I follow this team and this sport. I hope I find a reason to continue after he retires.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
He's taken for granted. He's not flashy, no one notices him.
Except those that know this game and how it's really supposed to be played. And won.

Hate to repeat myself but Duncan is the reason I follow this team and this sport. I hope I find a reason to continue after he retires.

Playing in a small market is a big reason why as well. Make no mistake about it if Timmy had led the Lakers to 3 titles or the Knicks the media would be kissing his ASS left and right.

Clutch20
05-19-2007, 12:59 AM
My fave:
Tim Duncan is the tip of the spear,,![/

duncan228
05-19-2007, 01:04 AM
Playing in a small market is a big reason why as well. Make no mistake about it if Timmy had led the Lakers to 3 titles or the Knicks the media would be kissing his ASS left and right.

But he wouldn't want it. That's part of the beauty of Duncan. He likes being under the radar, out of the spotlight. I'm sure he gets more endorsment deals than he takes. He choose to stay in SA, out of the glare of the media.
He's a winner. A thoroughbred. Pop once said about him that he comes and does his job and goes home. It's poetry. Let the media fawn over the LeBrons of the moment. Duncan just wants the trophy. And I want it for him.