PDA

View Full Version : More Talent?...No Rings? Piss Poor Coach

GSH
05-19-2007, 12:32 AM
I posted a slightly nicer version of this on the Suns forum. Talking about the run-and-gun offense, I mentioned that "There is a reason the cheetah isn't the king of the jungle." Got banned from the site...for life. Class act those Suns fans.

D'Antoni started the "dirty" talk before this series ever started. He distracted his own team, and it showed a lack of confidence - because they knew he felt like they needed an edge. If he hadn't gotten that trash talk started, the foul at the end of Game 4 wouldn't have looked like a reason to fight. His players wouldn't have had any thoughts of coming off the bench.

Ultimately, that's not the biggest problem the Suns have. Run-and-gun looks good. It wins a lot of games in the regular season. But defense wins championships. D'Antoni wants to run an NBA team like a pick-up game, because that's the kind of basketball he has always liked. If he wants to win a championship, he should take that shit back overseas. Against players who aren't good enough to make the NBA he could start a dynasty. In the NBA, the only thing he has to look forward to is fishing trips and disappointed fans.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 12:35 AM
Enjoy your summer. It starts...now.

GSH
05-19-2007, 12:48 AM
Forget all the whining about Game 5. The Suns lost Game 1 at home! Game fucking 1...at home...with a full lineup. They lost an elimination game tonight...with a full lineup. Same with Game 3, in between. If they really had more talent, they should have dominated.

D'Antoni is second-tier as a coach. Just like he was as a player.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 12:50 AM
You put it together pretty well. They needed something else to even the field. Period. They pulled a Denver and now they got this. Problem is they believe it.

That means D'asani sill come back as head coach and will still play guns and run basketball. Recipe for failure.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
Totally agree. The only person on our team with a spine is Steve Nash. Championship teams overcome diversity and we didn't, and it should fall on the shoulders of our whiny little coach.

Clutch20
05-19-2007, 12:53 AM
D'Antoni, several times during these past playoff games abandoned his team by giving in to a dubious self-satisfying display of unchecked anger, directed at whomever he thought was serving up the injustice.
What a selfish dick.

csl24
05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
Thats why we have the best fucking coach in the NBA. All he has done is this..

Regular season wins..

Postseason wins..

Coach of the year award

Three Championships and 3-0 in the finals.

D'Antoni needs to go study Pop 101

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-19-2007, 01:03 AM
I chose my generals well.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 01:04 AM

Dude used to work for Pop...you think he would have taken notes or something.

kps0001
05-19-2007, 01:05 AM
D'Antoni started the "dirty" talk before this series ever started. He distracted his own team, and it showed a lack of confidence - because they knew he felt like they needed an edge. If he hadn't gotten that trash talk started, the foul at the end of Game 4 wouldn't have looked like a reason to fight. His players wouldn't have had any thoughts of coming off the bench.

Ultimately, that's not the biggest problem the Suns have. Run-and-gun looks good. It wins a lot of games in the regular season. But defense wins championships. D'Antoni wants to run an NBA team like a pick-up game, because that's the kind of basketball he has always liked. If he wants to win a championship, he should take that shit back overseas. Against players who aren't good enough to make the NBA he could start a dynasty. In the NBA, the only thing he has to look forward to is fishing trips and disappointed fans.

AGREE!!!

kps0001
05-19-2007, 01:06 AM
Forget all the whining about Game 5. The Suns lost Game 1 at home! Game fucking 1...at home...with a full lineup. They lost an elimination game tonight...with a full lineup. Same with Game 3, in between. If they really had more talent, they should have dominated.

D'Antoni is second-tier as a coach. Just like he was as a player.

AGREE!!

dbreiden83080
05-19-2007, 01:13 AM
He is a jackass D'antoni he needs to learn to shut his trap more. Even during the game tonight they are playing an interview he did and he is saying they feel it is their year and they have more talent than the Spurs. That is the kind of shit that you say to your players not to the media. Pop would never say that, Timmy would never say that. Have a nice Summer Mike, come back next year a little more HUMBLE.

SpurOutofTownFan
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
Spurs' D for Dummies. Hard cover.

Southwest Texas Fan
05-19-2007, 01:23 AM
Totally agree. The only person on our team with a spine is Steve Nash. Championship teams overcome diversity and we didn't, and it should fall on the shoulders of our whiny little coach.

Diversity?

jazzin7
05-19-2007, 01:37 AM
Thats why we have the best fucking coach in the NBA. All he has done is this..

Regular season wins..

Postseason wins..

Coach of the year award

Three Championships and 3-0 in the finals.

And now you have Coach Sloan to get by. Yeah, the championship thing hurts a Jazz fan, but we had to try and get through Jordan in our prime. What, the Jazz are the smallest market in the NBA and somehow they have gotten into like 20 out of the last 24 years of playoffs? And Sloan has been there about 18 years. Hmmmm. Plus, how many NBA teams are still out there who used to be ABA? At least two in the WCF!!

sabar
05-19-2007, 01:42 AM
I AGREE.

The Suns defeated themselves and the media is blind to it.

They started the "dirty" stuff. They made Horry frustrated because of Amare and his talking to the media.

They defeated themselves. If they shut up from the get-go, the Horry foul never happens and the suspensions don't exist.

Maybe this series will teach them something about how to win.

ATXSPUR
05-19-2007, 01:46 AM
To be fair those overseas players have been kicking team usa's ass as of late.

But anyway FUCK SMALL BALL!!!

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:48 AM
Small ball won the game tonight.....

GSH
05-19-2007, 01:52 AM

But anyway FUCK SMALL BALL!!!

I always try and give credit where it's due. Of course there are some very good players in the European leagues. But you have to admit that most of their best ones are playing in the NBA. And a lot of those guys have anchored the teams that have beaten the USA teams.

The trapezoid-shaped paint is another reason the run-and-run fares better in the post-season in Europe. But the main point remains...the teams that win NBA championships play defense.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:52 AM
Smallball is great with a year to play together, centers that get minutes and appropriate situations to use them. The defensive lapses that plauged the team last year just haven't been happening this postseason.

The Spurs are dancing with who brung 'em this year, and it's already paying off.

AlamoSpursFan
05-19-2007, 01:53 AM
Did I hear D'Antoni right during the post game interview? Did he actually say Nash was the best player in the game over the last 10 years?

:lmao

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 01:54 AM
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/sp/getty/8a/fullj.getty-74061433cb014_suns_spur_1_57_18_am.jpg

D'Antoni and his future PG

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:54 AM

Good teams beat all-star teams. Didn't you see Miracle? Team USA is there to sell jerseys.

Extra Stout
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM
And now you have Coach Sloan to get by. Yeah, the championship thing hurts a Jazz fan, but we had to try and get through Jordan in our prime. What, the Jazz are the smallest market in the NBA and somehow they have gotten into like 20 out of the last 24 years of playoffs? And Sloan has been there about 18 years. Hmmmm. Plus, how many NBA teams are still out there who used to be ABA? At least two in the WCF!!
The Jazz weren't in the ABA. That was the Utah Stars. The Jazz moved from New Orleans.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:55 AM
Did I hear D'Antoni right during the post game interview? Did he actually say Nash was the best player in the game over the last 10 years?

:lmao
Well, since Nash has three years as the point guard and three years as the coach of the Suns, he deserves a little extra credit.

GSH
05-19-2007, 01:59 AM
Small ball won the game tonight.....

Small ball isn't the issue. Midgets can play defense too. (Sorry...Barkley line.) When the shots aren't falling, good defense keeps the game within reach. When the Suns go cold, they have to depend on a huge scoring run to get them back in the game.

jazzin7
05-19-2007, 02:05 AM
The Jazz weren't in the ABA. That was the Utah Stars. The Jazz moved from New Orleans.

Whatever. I'm talking about small market support of pro ball. You guys call yourself small market?? You're big if you are from Utah. Texas big.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Whatever. I'm talking about small market support of pro ball. You guys call yourself small market?? You're big if you are from Utah. Texas big.
So the Denver Nuggets are in the WCF? You said two ABA teams were there.

GSH
05-19-2007, 02:15 AM
I posted a slightly nicer version of this on the Suns forum. So many of them have been living here, I couldn't resist. Talking about the run-and-gun offense, I mentioned that "There is a reason the cheetah isn't the king of the jungle." Got banned from the site...for life. Class act those Suns fans.

dbreiden83080
05-19-2007, 02:19 AM
He also Referred to Nash as the best player the NBA has seen in the last 10 years in his postgame comments. Buddy that player is in SA wearing #21 going after title # 4.

jazzin7
05-19-2007, 02:23 AM
So the Denver Nuggets are in the WCF? You said two ABA teams were there.

My bad, thought SA had a ABA team. Am I missing sumthin? Coulda sworn it but that was many brain cells ago.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:43 AM
My bad, thought SA had a ABA team. Am I missing sumthin? Coulda sworn it but that was many brain cells ago.
The Jazz are an NBA expansion team.