PDA

View Full Version : Suns should fire D'Antoni

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Even Suns fans hate that coach.

That is all.

BeerIsGood!
05-19-2007, 12:49 AM
who cares? That's their problem. Thankfully they're no longer our problem.

Extra Stout
05-19-2007, 12:52 AM
I was thrilled by D'Antoni's coaching insights, as Michelle Tafoya relayed to viewers his strategy before the fourth quarter:

"Keep working, keep working, keep working. They're gonna start missin', and we're gonna start makin'. Keep working. Keep working, keep working, keep working."

His is a beautiful mind.

Amare_32
05-19-2007, 12:54 AM
They need a new coach no doubt but D'Antoni is VP of Basketball Operations. Unless Sarver does something he is not going anywhere.

NO LIMIT ARMY COMMANDER
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
Shhhhhh. :nope

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 12:55 AM
I was thrilled by D'Antoni's coaching insights, as Michelle Tafoya relayed to viewers his strategy before the fourth quarter:

"Keep working, keep working, keep working. They're gonna start missin', and we're gonna start makin'. Keep working. Keep working, keep working, keep working."

His is a beautiful mind.

"Energy guys. Hustle. Hustle. More energy."

That's about all he's worth.

They definitely have a championship calibur team. They have a PG with the heart of a champion. Now, they need a HC to instill a less pussified mindset, and maybe they can get to the finals.

Vito Corleone
05-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Suns defensive philosophy: hope the opponent misses

exstatic
05-19-2007, 01:00 AM
He's an embarasment to the franchise with his every game meltdown.

Stargazer
05-19-2007, 01:11 AM
There's more to coaching than what happens in the game itself, and D'Antoni, correctly I think, pretty much leaves a lot of the in game decisions to Nash. He's good at meshing player personalities and egos, and he's a good person. (I know, who gives a fuck, right? But some of us do.)

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 01:12 AM

His is a beautiful mind.It's like being coached by Rain Man.

OldDirtMcGirt
05-19-2007, 01:13 AM
"Energy guys. Hustle. Hustle. More energy."

That's about all he's worth.

They definitely have a championship calibur team. They have a PG with the heart of a champion. Now, they need a HC to instill a less pussified mindset, and maybe they can get to the finals.

I'm thinking Jeff Van Gundy. Nash can pretty much run the offense by himself, and JVG would probably give us some *gasp* defense. Maybe even (dare I say it) Larry Brown because of the championship pedegree.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
It's like being coached by Rain Man.
It's 8:30. Time for an asskicking. Definitely time for an asskicking.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 01:14 AM
There's more to coaching than what happens in the game itself, and D'Antoni, correctly I think, pretty much leaves a lot of the in game decisions to Nash. He's good at meshing player personalities and egos, and he's a good person. (I know, who gives a fuck, right? But some of us do.)

Then why not let Nash be a player-coach (ala Avery Johnson) and let D'Antoni go do Efferdent or Depends commericals?

exstatic
05-19-2007, 01:15 AM
I'm thinking Jeff Van Gundy. Nash can pretty much run the offense by himself, and JVG would probably give us some *gasp* defense. Maybe even (dare I say it) Larry Brown because of the championship pedegree.
Larry Brown would tear down your team and have everyone traded except Raja Bell. He hates the brand of basketball that the Suns play.

kps0001
05-19-2007, 01:20 AM
Larry Brown would tear down your team and have everyone traded except Raja Bell. He hates the brand of basketball that the Suns play.

maybe that is ok..well not to tear the team down but where has Suns style gotten us? Nowhere.

mavsfan1000
05-19-2007, 01:21 AM
D'antoni is a little bitch. I agree. He should be fired. Get someone that knows a thing about defense and uses their bench.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 01:22 AM
I'm thinking Jeff Van Gundy.

I think he's available.

(Unless we get him first.)

timvp
05-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I stick by my statement that if the Spurs and Suns traded coaches, the Suns would beat the Spurs azz.

Amare_32
Stan Van Gundy

picnroll
Contrast the cool demeanor that Pop has on the sideline even in bad situations, instiling calm and confidnece with the frantic emotions D'Antoni displays. Not good Mike.

Borosai
05-19-2007, 01:28 AM
Carlesimo can head over to PHX, and JVG can be an assistant on the Spurs (poor guy looks stressed as hell).

That would make for some interesting games.

SRJ
05-19-2007, 02:04 AM
D'Antoni's style of play and Nash's abilities blend very well together. If I was the Suns GM and I could keep that style in place while inserting a coach with a greater sense of poise and stability, that would be the ideal scenario. If another prospective coach is unwilling to keep the system in place, then I would keep D'Antoni around and hope that, with another year under his belt, he learns to instill a greater sense of discipline and composure into his more excitable players, such as Amare and Bell. Poise was what the Suns lack more than anything else compared with the Spurs.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 02:18 AM
Dumbass couldn't even call a timeout when they had three TOs left and it was a three possession game.

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 02:43 AM
They should've snatched up Rick Adelman before Houston grabbed him.

Trainwreck2100
05-19-2007, 02:45 AM
Dumbass couldn't even call a timeout when they had three TOs left and it was a three possession game.

I really didn't get that

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 02:47 AM
I really didn't get that

Durrrhh.... don't you know you get to carry them over for the next preseason game?

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 03:50 AM
I just watched the replay where D'asani refused to call timeout with 33 seconds left and they were down 7 after Manu's free throws.

Unbelieveable.

sabar
05-19-2007, 05:09 AM
Ah how did I miss this thread. I can't believe D'Antoni refused to call timeout as we were racking up the score. I'm not sure the guy even coaches, I think Nash does.

carina_gino20
05-19-2007, 05:28 AM
when they were running around down by 7 or so in the end,I really thought they'd used up their timeout. Then later on when they were down by 9 with only 18 sec left and he called for time, I was like, WTF? What was he thinking?

And his demeanor all throughout the game was just classic. Instead of at least 'pretending' some composure, the guy was already hunching his back and heaving sighs instead of showing his team that they still had chance.

L.I.T
05-19-2007, 07:33 AM
Are you kidding? They need to keep D'antoni, if only for his ability to brilliantly evaluate talent!