Manu20
11-27-2004, 10:48 PM
like a little bitch :smokin

ZStomp
11-27-2004, 11:01 PM
And I think I won money in Vbookie...

Manu20
11-27-2004, 11:09 PM
What happen to kirikenko I just saw 9 minutes play in the box score he got hurt?????

The game was not on tv in south texas :depressed

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-27-2004, 11:21 PM
A Spurs player (think it was Devin maybe?) got rolled into his knee from the side.

He could be done for the year.

smeagol
11-27-2004, 11:25 PM
It was beno, who was knocked down by a Jazz player.

Manu20
11-27-2004, 11:28 PM
A Spurs player (think it was Devin maybe?) got rolled into his knee from the side.

He could be done for the year.

That is not good for the Jazz. I think their defense is the one that is going to suffer more by not having kirilenko. Mostly his shot blocking.

Supergirl
11-27-2004, 11:34 PM
Yeah, YahooSports also reports that it was a collision with Beno that caused it, and reports that the injury is a "sprained right knee".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN 0bQ--?gid=2004112724

Not good.

boutons
11-27-2004, 11:37 PM
sprained hurts, and like all ligament injuries is slow to heal, but it sounds like no ligaments are broken. hard luck. everysportsman's nightmare, knees and ankles.

ALVAREZ6
11-27-2004, 11:47 PM
yea, Kirilenko was the Utah's best.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-27-2004, 11:50 PM
I blew my knee out playing ball a few years back, same type of thing as what happened to AK47.

I'd be very surprised if he's not out for the season.

Rummpd
11-27-2004, 11:52 PM
As a doc who used to be a physical therapist years ago, doubt he is done for the year (probably 5-10 games unless MRI or other tests shows something more) but with Boozer etc. and Sloans coaching they will probably hang around a little bit.

But this win, even if he plays reiterates my early season perception that the Jazz are a couple of years away and may have surprised a few teams early, but no more.

Reality is they are a 5-8 seed at best. Probably a 7 or so.

MadDoc

boutons
11-27-2004, 11:53 PM
It's reported a ligament sprain, not a blow out, no ligaments torn or popped. He walked to the dressing room by himself and not limping too bad.

Manu20
11-27-2004, 11:55 PM
If the jazz stay healthy I say they are about 4 or 5 seed.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-28-2004, 12:05 AM
It's reported a ligament sprain, not a blow out, no ligaments torn or popped. He walked to the dressing room by himself and not limping too bad.

I blew out my ACL, MCL, PCL, and had cartilage damage and I walked (okay limped) out of the gym on my own too.

Until an MRI gets done, there's really no telling (the first doc I saw said it was just a "moderate sprain").

Rummpd
11-28-2004, 12:14 AM
Remember seeds 1-3 now go to division winners in first round and set up the playoffs - I realistically see Jazz no better than 6th and if Suns, Seattle stay hot could be 7-8 and threatening missing playoffs as the following are locks above them:

Spurs,
Wolves despite poor early showing
Mavs
Kings

Who knows where the Fakers finish but I am predicting 5 edging out Suns or Seattle and Memphis and/or Denver could also make runs.

MadDoc

GoSpurs21
11-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Yeah, YahooSports also reports that it was a collision with Beno that caused it, and reports that the injury is a "sprained right knee".

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/recap;_ylc=X3oDMTBpYTg2ZTBwBF9TAzk1ODYxOTQ4BHNlYwN 0bQ--?gid=2004112724

Not good.If you actually bothered to watch instead of taking some lame ass internet report you would have known that the Jazz point guard pushed Beno into AK47. He fucked his own team mate. Hats off to Spurs crowd for applauding when Ak47 walked off under his own strenght. Unlike other crowds Spurs fans known how to show respect

Johnny_Blaze_47
11-28-2004, 09:26 AM
You guys are making it seem like (Eisley, I think) forcefully pushed Beno down in an effort to rip stardom from AK47.

IIRC, the refs called a blocking foul on Beno (could have gone either way, I didn't get a good look at the foul on the replay).

Beno side-stepped to try and take the charge just as AK47 rolled in behind him. Manu was behind AK in what seemed to be setting a pick when AK planted his right foot and kind of twisted his foot towards Beno at the ankle.

Just at that moment, Beno tried to take the charge and fell right on AK's planted leg and bent it back in an ugly position (similar to what happened to me years ago playing football - but mine really was a bad sprain).

Beno wasn't pushed - contact was made. This isn't some mass Salt Lake conspiracy to earn a draft pick for next season or Stern trying to give the Jazz some talking points when they don't beat the Spurs.

It was a basketball play and AK was just the wrong guy in the wrong place and the wrong time.

ChumpDumper
11-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Beno wasn't pushed He was definitely pushed. You can see it easily in the replay. Eisley sure didn't want to injure AK, but he sure meant to push Beno.