PDA

View Full Version : Jazz fans point of view

The_Game
05-19-2007, 05:23 AM
This seems like the best forum of Jazz boards

http://www.jazzfanz.com/boards/

SpursIndonesia
05-19-2007, 06:33 AM
Hmm, jazzhoops doesn't exist anymore ? It used to be an oldskool board with oldskool posters back in EZboard days a few yrs ago.

Summers
05-19-2007, 08:45 AM
I think we crashed their site checking them out. Oopsie!

ducks
05-19-2007, 09:37 AM
atleast jazz fan seem to be smart

I watched tonight's game. They looked real good for the most part. I cant help but marvel at how Popovich and their FO have put the pieces of the team together. Lesson for KOC and other GMs :

First of all, Sportsguy was an idiot(whats new there?) when he said earlier this season that Bowen was done and somebody had to stick a fork in him.
Nash was Bowen's *beep* for the most part. Incredible defense using every trick in the book. And then he can hit the corner 3 as well. what a freaking luxury for the Spurs. Bowen on Deron. Tough.

And then if you get past Bowen, Duncan is waiting for ya inside. 9 blocks tonight. Safe to say that Booz is not sleeping tonight. We might end up seeing Booz hit off balance fadeaway jumpers this series.

For all the praise that Suns get for their 3-ptshooting, the Spurs have quietly assembled about 6 guys who can stroke it from the 3. No one would believe that Spurs outshot Suns from beyond the 3-pt arc. Bowen, Finley, Ginobli, Barry, Parker, Horry can all make crucial threes.

And then for being criticized as an "old" team and unathletic, the Spurs play excellent transition defense. I hope the Jazz were watching tonight. They could learn something. They obliterated Barbosa. Barbosa was running around like a chicken with the head cut off for the most part. So much for being the "blur".
--------------

I'll say this. I will be happy if the Jazz win 2 . My hope is that Spurs either get complacent or get tired and lose a game they were'nt supposed to, and the Jazz take it to 7. That would be a great accomplishment

Girasuck
05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Hey guys. That's our little Jazz site. Please don't crash it :nope Jazzhoops closed a year or so ago. Don't really remember the exact date.

I think you'll find most Jazz fans to be educated and mature about posting. Of course there's a few that act like idiots but for the most part we get along with all fans (except the Warriors thugs).

Here's to a good, hard fought series. I've about had it with this playground basketball so it will be nice to see the two best teams that actually play team basketball go at it. I'm picking Jazz in 6 because I can't pick against my team :)

CharlieMac
05-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Im really glad I wont have to see D'Antoni tap-dancing after every foul call anymore. I have always liked Sloan.

KEDA
05-19-2007, 09:58 AM
Hey guys. That's our little Jazz site. Please don't crash it :nope Jazzhoops closed a year or so ago. Don't really remember the exact date.

I think you'll find most Jazz fans to be educated and mature about posting. Of course there's a few that act like idiots but for the most part we get along with all fans (except the Warriors thugs).

Here's to a good, hard fought series. I've about had it with this playground basketball so it will be nice to see the two best teams that actually play team basketball go at it. I'm picking Jazz in 6 because I can't pick against my team :)

That was more intelligence than all of the Suns posters combined!

Welcome to the WCF and welcome to Spurstalk.com!

T Park
05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
:lol @ Girasuck

I have a feeling I might like this guy....

Sec24Row7
05-19-2007, 10:02 AM
:depressed looks like the site went down...

Utah fan should be a lot more fun to have around than Sun's fan.

florige
05-19-2007, 10:40 AM
Im really glad I wont have to see D'Antoni tap-dancing after every foul call anymore. I have always liked Sloan.

I agree. Jerry Sloan is about as professional as they come. Very underrated coach that manages to always stay under the radar.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 10:47 AM

God, I used to HATE your team. Welcome back to the big time.

rayray2k8
05-19-2007, 11:04 AM

eh. that sign is gonna annoy me when the spurs lose a game against the jazz.
With that said, welcome to the forum... You WILL learn to hate us. :lol

Darkwaters
05-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I've been a member of that board for a fair amount of time (although, I have very few posts). Its a good board and with some quality posters. Nothing like Spurstalk though!

nkdlunch
05-19-2007, 11:14 AM
Parker can make 3s?

Assman
05-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Yao is better than Duncan?

jazzman12
05-19-2007, 11:51 AM
Wow, I can't believe how civil it is in here! Hell, I guess it's easy to be civil before the series even starts......

Anyway, it's going to be nice dealing with you guys as opposed to Warrior fans. I'm really excited to see this series get going. Utah has won 8 of their last 10 playoff games so I really feel they are in a good position, but they are about to get tested by the best IMO.

Most of us Jazz fans respect Pop just like you guys respect Sloan, I can't wait to see the coaching match-up.

As far as how this series goes, I honestly believe the Jazz have a chance. However, what would be their un-doing would be Tim Duncan's supporting cast IMO. If I'm Utah, I let Duncan get his and put him on the foul line. Don't double or Manu, Bowen and TP will kill us just like they did the Suns.

bdictjames
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
Deron the Bonecrusher?

Dave McNulla
05-19-2007, 12:05 PM
spurstalk is one of the most robust boards i've been on. and it's almost as free-speaking as the usenet (which is practically dead now).

lebomb
05-19-2007, 12:08 PM

Great post.....and :toast for picking your team in 6.....you are supposed to no matter what.

Summers
05-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Welcome Jazz fans! It's going to be a great series. But seriously, when is your board going to be back up?

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Wow, I can't believe how civil it is in here! Hell, I guess it's easy to be civil before the series even starts......
Only Suns and Mavs fans come in early to start giving excuses in case they lose.