PDA

View Full Version : What's so frustrating for the average fans

cly2tw
05-19-2007, 07:23 AM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that you guys didn't need to cheat to beat the Suns, but you cheated anyway. It would have been harder as we might have won game 5 and game 7 would have to decide it. But with the way your team dominated the clueless coach D'Antoni's from game 4 on, with every offensive move except maybe the power moves by Amare figured out, you should have won the series in 7 with fair means. But no, some players on your team wouldn't want it that way!

That's why your championship will be again tainted, astericed. I feel sorry for the good guys on the team, Duncan, Parker and Finley, and to some extent Manu who is not the dirty player Amare blamed him for.

I would have rooted for the Spurs for the rest of the playoffs, but now I'm so pissed with the NBA, I won't watch any game this season any more. :bang

PB&J
05-19-2007, 07:27 AM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that you guys didn't need to cheat to beat the Suns, but you cheated anyway.

where you crying when you typed that? No Spur cheated you, your superstar had a momentary lapse in judgment and let his team, his organization and his fans down. Sorry.

longrod
05-19-2007, 07:29 AM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that you guys didn't need to cheat to beat the Suns, but you cheated anyway.

Suffer bitch, suffer!

Flea
05-19-2007, 07:42 AM
Blame your players and your assistant coaches for having their heads up their butts.

Phenomanul
05-19-2007, 07:49 AM
I guess our coach goes running onto the court in order to delay a play, going unpunished... that, my friend was cheating.

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2007, 07:49 AM
your loss. thanks for checking out.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 07:53 AM
http://www.tml.org/graphics/2006GovRickPerry.jpg

"Adios, Mofo."

Jelly
05-19-2007, 07:54 AM
Our championship is not tainted. What is your excuse for your team losing last night with your star player all good and rested? At times, the Suns were down by 14 points. The Spurs dominated most of the game. In fact, your team played better WITHOUT Boris and Amare than with them. Diaw had virtually no impact, Stoudemire posted good numbers but not as good as Duncans and not enough to affect the results. The fact is the Spurs were just a superior team and we would have won with or w/o the suspensions. And, don't forget, we've also been without one of our best players...but for 2 games. This Phoenix whining is way past its expiration date.

Phenomanul
05-19-2007, 07:55 AM
The lack of minutes for Kurt Thomas, in favor of playing Amare longer was the Suns' demise....

That falls squarely on D'Antoni

Lebowski Brickowski
05-19-2007, 07:56 AM
http://www.tml.org/graphics/2006GovRickPerry.jpg

"Adios, Mofo."
:lol :lol :lol

sammy
05-19-2007, 07:56 AM
[QUOTE=cly2tw]What's so frustrating for the average fans is that you guys didn't need to cheat to beat the Suns, but you cheated anyway. (/QUOTE]

Your team had a 16 point lead in Game 5 and blew it! So stop crying and making dumbass excuses! They had the game in hand and blew the lead! I'm sick of you guys whining about the suspensions but you don't get after your players for costing their team! They are responsible for their actions and cost their team! If it's anyone you should be mad at, it's Stoudemire and Diaw!

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 08:02 AM
So...the NBA enforcing a rule is cheating?

CharlieMac
05-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Horry planned this from game 1. He knew only Amare and Boris would run on the court if Nash flopped after Horry shoved him. He knew he's get the league to suspend those two for a game. It's really quite genius if you ask me.

my2sons
05-19-2007, 08:50 AM
ahhh yes, phoenix troll takes a parting shot, and crawls back under the rock it came from. lets have a vbookie to see who can guess how many times that chump came in to read the replies...my guess is 00000000000000

Mav Troll
05-19-2007, 08:51 AM
bye bye SUNS, you gusys ArE KLSOSEERS

Summers
05-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Did the Suns fans really not see the same things we saw? Everything out there was tit-for-tat, and I'm not saying one side or the other "started" it, but Manu flops, Raja flops, Tony grabs, Thomas grabs, Bruce undercuts, Jones undercuts. It's a man's game... stop bitching about hard play. In the end, the Spurs won this series for small, subtle reasons... Pop paces his players and his game, D'Antoni ran Nash and Stoudemire into the game and didn't give them enough rest... The Spurs were great at keeping their cool and being steady when the game was on the wire... Raja and Amare made a couple really stupid fouls at the end of game 6...

tru2ou
05-19-2007, 09:03 AM
OK I am sick of this tainted championship crap. Can you name the champion of Baseball, Football, or Hockey during their strike filled seasons. If the Playoffs are indeed the real season was it shortened? What did Dallas' regular season of 67 wins just prove? 1 azzhole who got swept in that series says put an asterisk on the championship and all you dumbazz no basketball knowledge retards jump on the bandwagon. As for as the series is concerned were we not "shorthanded" last night? Horry does a lot of things while out there for us. The Spurs are notorious for playing "down" to their competition and therefore the advantage was all yours in game 5 as that theory again proved true as you led most of the game. (16 points). But at full strength you were down by 20 in the 4th. We are better prepared to play a team at its best. (Diaw 1 point) Yeah I am sure you missed him.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 09:04 AM
Let's review the series.

Game 1: Spurs "steal" one and take away home court advantage. Parker and Nash collide, Nash splits open his nose -- totally accidental. There's no complaints yet about "dirty" play, but many speculate Suns would've won had they been able to stop Nash's bleeding (mostly Suns fans).

Game 2: Spurs lay an egg and Suns win in a blowout. Strangely, Amare goes on his rant about Bruce kicking him (replays show Bruce stepping on back of Amare's shoe). Amare goes on to call Manu dirty too.

Game 3: Spurs come out with a little bit of a chip on thier sholder. This is the game where Bruce "kneed" Nash in the balls. Duncan owned the Suns in this game, to the tune of 33 pts, 19 rebounds. Suns fans begin their slow burn.

Game 4: Spurs dominate this entire game, but choke at the end, surrendering a lead they had held through 3½ quarters. In the last seconds of the game, Robert Horry flagrantly fouls Nash into the scorer's table, ....you know the rest.

Game 5: Suns dominate this entire game, but choke at the end. Bruce hits clutch 3 in the end and Suns never recover. This is one of the better games the Suns played, despite not having their "Superstars" Amare and Diaw.

Game 6: Probably the best game of the series. Duncan was a monster with 9 blocks. Once again, Manu Ginobili sends the Suns fishing.

If the Spurs were to play the Suns in another 7 games series, the Spurs will still win. Like Jeff Van Gundy said, the Spurs are just a little bit better.

EDIT> By the way, the original post mentioned "average fans". Yes, perhaps to casual fans that don't understand basketball, it may appear that the Suns are soft and the Spurs are big meanies for playing defense and not allowing them to shoot wide open j's.

picnroll
05-19-2007, 09:07 AM
Just curious. If Amare does the same thing next year, jumps off the bench, runs out on the floor during a scuffle and gets DQd in a playoff game will you hold him accountable for being stupid or accuse the other team of cheating?

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 09:08 AM
I think what's so frustrating for the fans of teams without any championship titles is that the Spurs have three. Keep on whining, it's music to Spurs fans' ears.

Racspur1
05-19-2007, 09:10 AM
I would have rooted for the Spurs for the rest of the playoffs, but now I'm so pissed with the NBA, I won't watch any game this season any more. :bang
Thank You for this and if you don't mind please boycott this board as we will need the bandwidth for the our next opponent .

:wakeup

Slippy
05-19-2007, 09:47 AM
EDIT> By the way, the original post mentioned "average fans". Yes, perhaps to casual fans that don't understand basketball, it may appear that the Suns are soft and the Spurs are big meanies for playing defense and not allowing them to shoot wide open j's.

Exactly. The average fan sees one incident or remark from each game and runs with it. It's easy to get caught up in the hype.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 11:32 AM
What's so frustrating for the idiot casual fans who usually would rather watch wrestling than basketball is that we need to cheat to beat the Spurs, but they wouldn't let us.

I wouldn't have rooted for the Spurs no matter what, because I don't pay attention to the NBA after the Suns are gone, I won't watch any games this season any more. :bang
Fixed it for ya. Enjoy the summer, bitch.

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 11:36 AM
The lack of minutes for Kurt Thomas, in favor of playing Amare longer was the Suns' demise....

That falls squarely on D'Antoni

I agree. I think Kurt Thomas played great this series. I live in NYC and watched him play for the Knicks and I was glad to see him have some good games, even though he played for the "enemy".

I wonder if the Suns would've done better to go big and play with Stoudamire at center, Thomas at PF, Marion at SF, Bell at SG, and Nash at PG.

bdictjames
05-19-2007, 11:37 AM
Shut up Suns fan.

Another long summer for you, just like it always has been.

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
So...the NBA enforcing a rule is cheating?

Exactly. How is "enforcing rules" now considered cheating? Wouldn't cheating be to selectively enforce rules? Applying them to some teams and not others?

Fuck the bitch Suns and their pussy fans.

ATXSPUR
05-19-2007, 11:39 AM
adios amigo!!!

And guess what??

We are gonna cheat our way all the way to our fourth trophy!!!!!!!!

exstatic
05-19-2007, 11:45 AM
Actually, the deciding factor in this series was the inability of either Nash Or Stoudemire to guard their positions. The cross matches necessitated playing Thomas heavy minutes, and he's like a sea anchor on your offense.

Shelly
05-19-2007, 11:50 AM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that you guys didn't need to cheat to beat the Suns, but you cheated anyway. It would have been harder as we might have won game 5 and game 7 would have to decide it. But with the way your team dominated the clueless coach D'Antoni's from game 4 on, with every offensive move except maybe the power moves by Amare figured out, you should have won the series in 7 with fair means. But no, some players on your team wouldn't want it that way!

That's why your championship will be again tainted, astericed. I feel sorry for the good guys on the team, Duncan, Parker and Finley, and to some extent Manu who is not the dirty player Amare blamed him for.

*sniff* That was beautiful and brought a tear to my eye. I think I will go listen to some Morrisey now.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 11:52 AM
*sniff* That was beautiful and brought a tear to my eye. I think I will go listen to some Morrisey now.
I was thinking about maybe The Cure or Nirvana, myself.

Shelly
05-19-2007, 11:54 AM
I was thinking about maybe The Cure or Nirvana, myself.

I was gonna throw in some EMO music, but I don't think I've ever listened to any :lol

cornbread
05-19-2007, 12:42 PM
:cry Cheer up buttercup. The sun will come out tomorrow and the Suns will rise again. Unfortunately, if they continue to pride themselves on "Controlled Chaos" then they'll keep on being pretenders and you'll continue to throw pity-parties for yourself on Spurstalk.

bigfundamental21
05-19-2007, 12:46 PM
Let's review the series.

Game 1: Spurs "steal" one and take away home court advantage. Parker and Nash collide, Nash splits open his nose -- totally accidental. There's no complaints yet about "dirty" play, but many speculate Suns would've won had they been able to stop Nash's bleeding (mostly Suns fans).

Game 2: Spurs lay an egg and Suns win in a blowout. Strangely, Amare goes on his rant about Bruce kicking him (replays show Bruce stepping on back of Amare's shoe). Amare goes on to call Manu dirty too.

Game 3: Spurs come out with a little bit of a chip on thier sholder. This is the game where Bruce "kneed" Nash in the balls. Duncan owned the Suns in this game, to the tune of 33 pts, 19 rebounds. Suns fans begin their slow burn.

Game 4: Spurs dominate this entire game, but choke at the end, surrendering a lead they had held through 3½ quarters. In the last seconds of the game, Robert Horry flagrantly fouls Nash into the scorer's table, ....you know the rest.

Game 5: Suns dominate this entire game, but choke at the end. Bruce hits clutch 3 in the end and Suns never recover. This is one of the better games the Suns played, despite not having their "Superstars" Amare and Diaw.

Game 6: Probably the best game of the series. Duncan was a monster with 9 blocks. Once again, Manu Ginobili sends the Suns fishing.

If the Spurs were to play the Suns in another 7 games series, the Spurs will still win. Like Jeff Van Gundy said, the Spurs are just a little bit better.

Enough said.

zrinkill
05-19-2007, 12:48 PM
I think what's so frustrating for the fans of teams without any championship titles is that the Spurs have three. Keep on whining, it's music to Spurs fans' ears.

:lol :lol :lol :lol

smeagol
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Do Suns Fans understand the meaning of the word "cheat"?

Given the way they have used it in the context of the Horry-Amare-Diaw incident, I'd say no.

spursaretheone
05-19-2007, 01:07 PM
You know what is amazing. They call the Spurs cheaters but what exactly did they do to cheat. Robert Horry checked Nash and Nash flopped to sell it. It was up to the assistant coaches of Phoenix to keep the players on the bench. It's also up to the players to keep themselves on the bench during an altercation. The NBA made the rule not the spurs. Everyone makes it sound like Popovich made the rule right after he saw amare step onto the court. By the way the suns did some cheating of their own and not just in game 5. Take a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoAXg2pOG5s

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that they are ignorant of NBA rules and would prefer to ruin the integrity of the game to accomodate a star player.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Do Suns Fans understand the meaning of the word "cheat"?

Given the way they have used it in the context of the Horry-Amare-Diaw incident, I'd say no.
You mean that a "cheater" is one who doesn't let them get away with breaking the rules? They understand just fine and know they are being dishonest. I've asked the question straight up to probably twenty different Suns fans, and every single one of them has ducked the question, changed the subject, or just stopped posting in the thread.

1SUNSFAN
05-19-2007, 01:13 PM
*tainted

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:13 PM
What's so frustrating for the average fans is that they are ignorant of NBA rules and would prefer to ruin the integrity of the game to accomodate a star player.

I disagree that they are ignorant. I submit that they are willfully pushing to do something they understand to be wrong just to give their team an advantage, and are using the popularity of the fast break offense to try to sell the case to people who are actually ignorant.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:15 PM
In fact, they are so delusional, they'd rather try to put a black mark on someone else's win than put any responisibility for the loss on their own team. The true mark of a loser.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 01:16 PM
I doubt the average fan even bothered to find out what the rule says or why it exists. I do agree that those who have some knowledge openly lie about it though.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Anybody with a computer that can log onto an NBA message board should be able to go to NBA.com and look at the rules or to Google the history of the NBA to see how many times that rule has been applied in exactly the same way. I agree and submit that every single person that's been here has access to the correct information and is therefore lying.

Not that it's a surprise that someone who wants to cheat would have a problem lying about it.

judaspriestess
05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
Whats so frustrating to the intelligent fans is that your team SHOULD HAVE WON GAME ONE. We wouldn't be having this discussion now would we. It was a seven game series not a one game series.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2007, 01:24 PM
http://myespn.go.com/profile/truehoop?archiveId=24&entryId=89

UPDATE: Temper your urge to declare the playoffs over, the Western Conference Finals boring, or the NBA a joke. I know you may have this or that beef with this or that league official. But it's about the players. They are the ones killing themselves. The players who are left standing -- the San Antonio Spurs and Utah Jazz -- have worked like dogs to get this far, and play amazing basketball. They would appreciate your respect. (And don't tell me it's all about the money. The players who do it just for the money don't typically make it this far, and players barely get paid extra for all the work of the playoffs.) For years, these players have been eating right, getting stronger, learning to trust teammates, refining plays, perfecting their release, becoming a team, doing anything imaginable to make themselves the best teams in the NBA -- just to get here and enjoy the respect of people like you and me. You insult their effort if you do anything but celebrate it. This is going to be a fantastic series between two teams that very much deserve to be here.

Read it, learn it, and live with it bitch!

mrsmaalox
05-19-2007, 02:20 PM
I would have rooted for the Spurs for the rest of the playoffs, but now I'm so pissed with the NBA, I won't watch any game this season any more. :bang[/QUOTE]
See ya Wouldn't wanna be ya!!!!!!!!!!! :lol

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
You know, the last thing I want after what's transpired over the last week is for Suns fans to be rooting for my team. Please don't root for the Cowboys or the Stars either, thanks.

sabar
05-19-2007, 02:23 PM
What's so frustrating to the real fans is putting up with the average fans.

spurschick
05-19-2007, 03:44 PM
That's why your championship will be again tainted.

Yep.

We'll be enjoying tainted champagne while tainted confetti falls on our heads.

We'll be basking in the glow of our tainted fourth trophy as it is is carried down our tainted River Parade.

We'll be cheering during our tainted Dome Celebration.

We'll well with pride as we hoist our tainted banner and watch our players get their tainted rings next fall.

dknights411
05-19-2007, 03:46 PM
where you crying when you typed that? No Spur cheated you, your superstar had a momentary lapse in judgment and let his team, his organization and his fans down. Sorry.

Quoted for truth. Don't blame the Spurs for Amare's mistake.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 03:47 PM
What's really great, is that the word most associated with the Phoenix Suns for all eternity is going to be the word that means the spot between the dick and the asshole.

rasho8
05-19-2007, 03:59 PM
I dont understand how Suns fan call our series tainted. I remember last year Raja Bell huhrling Kobe to the ground by his neck. I didnt see any lakers rush the floor.

So when the Suns morons rush the floor... its the opposing teams fault?

Fuck em... one more year they prove they cant get it done in the pressure of the playoffs.