PDA

View Full Version : AT&T CENTER ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 09:08 AM
AT&T CENTER ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES

SAN ANTONIO, May 19, 2007 - With the NBA Western Conference Finals beginning this Sunday, May 20, the AT&T Center has enhanced its security procedures to help ensure the safety of patrons and employees during all Spurs home games.

Below is the information patrons should be aware of when attending an upcoming Spurs games:

1. All AT&T Center patrons will be screened by wands.

2. Items such as knives (including pocket knives and leatherman tools), guns, aerosol cans or other potential weapons will not be permitted into the facility.

3. No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind are permitted into the facility.

4. Only small handbags, purses or diaper bags will be allowed into the facility, but are subject to inspection prior to entering the facility.

5. Large cameras with detachable lenses will NOT be permitted.

6. Cell phones, pagers, cameras or other similar electronic devices are subject to testing and inspection prior to entering the facility

To minimize any inconvenience, guests of the AT&T Center should consider the following suggestions:

1. Patrons should arrive early. Doors will open for Spurs games 2 hours prior to game time.

2. Avoid bringing unnecessary bags, cameras, binoculars or electronic devices such as pagers and cell phones, or any prohibited items described above, to the facility.

3. Upon arrival to the screening area, remove all items from your pockets and have cell phones and pagers powered on for testing and inspection.

AT&T Center management reserves the right to deny facility access to any patron or employee who does not comply with the above security procedures.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 09:09 AM
So Bruce will have to check his knife at the door?

Sweetey
05-19-2007, 09:14 AM
Must be expecting a lot of Mavs fans. Mormons are good, gentle people - they certainly don't pose any threats.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 09:15 AM
2. Items such as knives (including pocket knives and leatherman tools), guns, aerosol cans or other potential weapons will not be permitted into the facility.

No guns? What is this world coming to.

The Go For 4
05-19-2007, 11:19 AM
Must be expecting a lot of Mavs fans. Mormons are good, gentle people - they certainly don't pose any threats.

I wonder if Jazz fan will have a limit of only bringing 2 of their wives. :lol

Sweetey
05-19-2007, 11:24 AM
I wonder if Jazz fan will have a limit of only bringing 2 of their wives. :lol

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Bruno
05-19-2007, 11:26 AM
Only small handbags, purses or diaper bags will be allowed into the facility

No Beno jokes ?
Spurstalk is quite slow today.

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2007, 12:03 PM
Will Mitt Romney be making an appearance?

boutons_
05-19-2007, 12:11 PM
What if a brawl breaks out on the court?

Don't we need a lot of concealed-heat licensees in the stands to protect the fans?

conversekid
05-19-2007, 12:24 PM
i guess i gotta leave my kimber .45 ultra carry at home? but i take it every where... i feel naked without it :(

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 12:49 PM
i guess i gotta leave my kimber .45 ultra carry at home? but i take it every where... i feel naked without it :(

Yeah, I hate it when that happens...BTW, sweet pistol...got an Ultra CDP myself. :toast

Johnny_Blaze_47
05-19-2007, 01:00 PM
No Beno jokes ?
Spurstalk is quite slow today.

Well, we were kind of hoping an addendum came out soon banning Beno from the facility.

The_Worlds_finest
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
inspection of cell phones? give me a fucking break....but i will pay big bucks if they called my number from evas phone!

Man of Steel
05-19-2007, 01:49 PM
Fuck--I thought damn governor we could go packing ANYWHERE!

conversekid
05-19-2007, 04:17 PM
Yeah, I hate it when that happens...BTW, sweet pistol...got an Ultra CDP myself. :toast

It makes for a great concealed carry. A little heavy, but deadly accurate :)

ImpartialObserver
05-19-2007, 05:05 PM
AT&T CENTER ANNOUNCES ADDITIONAL SECURITY MEASURES

SAN ANTONIO, May 19, 2007 - With the NBA Western Conference Finals beginning this Sunday, May 20, the AT&T Center has enhanced its security procedures to help ensure the safety of patrons and employees during all Spurs home games.

Below is the information patrons should be aware of when attending an upcoming Spurs games:

1. All AT&T Center patrons will be screened by wands.

3. No backpacks, large bags, or sealed packages of any kind are permitted into the facility.

4. Only small handbags, purses or diaper bags will be allowed into the facility, but are subject to inspection prior to entering the facility.

5. Large cameras with detachable lenses will NOT be permitted.

6. Cell phones, pagers, cameras or other similar electronic devices are subject to testing and inspection prior to entering the facility

To minimize any inconvenience, guests of the AT&T Center should consider the following suggestions:

1. Patrons should arrive early. Doors will open for Spurs games 2 hours prior to game time.

2. Avoid bringing unnecessary bags, cameras, binoculars or electronic devices such as pagers and cell phones, or any prohibited items described above, to the facility.

3. Upon arrival to the screening area, remove all items from your pockets and have cell phones and pagers powered on for testing and inspection.

AT&T Center management reserves the right to deny facility access to any patron or employee who does not comply with the above security procedures.
Does anyone know what prompted this?

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
The refs.