PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Advance*

spursluva
05-19-2007, 09:23 AM
How dare espn... Please email this dumbass ([email protected]) accordingly and represent as I have:

Dear Wojo,

Please relax...take a Paxil and chill before writing such diatribe in the future. Yes, the national media's darling Mavs and Suns are out. Deal with it. This is the NBA Playoffs...I wish you guys and the "so-called" experts had another gear to up your game for the playoff rounds.

Let's get to the asterisk* talk...cute...almost filled with American ingenuity. In fact, I agree that Mr. Horry should have been suspended and wish that Amare and Boris were not suspended. But for crying out loud, please examine this further...the rule mandates that players cannot leave the bench during an altercation. Period, dot. Why? Maybe your corrective lenses can see the thug tendencies that the modern day NBA has evolved into. This has nothing to do with a charge or traveling call...this rule MUST be cut and dry to prevent further erosion of what might occur. Yes...I said MIGHT! If we dilute the rule with subjective interpretation, it loses its effectiveness and exposes the NBA to senseless appeals and abuses...loopholes, etc. The question you media folks should be asking is why, out of everyone in PHX gear, did only Amare and Boris decide to play "pseudo-sheriff"? Do they get a pass because of the cause vs. the effect? Because Horry did a stupid act? Maybe it is because they are young and up and coming? How about the fact that Phoenix was the sexy team that the beat writers wanted to win? Amare was a big loss...huge! ...but the Spurs have shown time and time again that they can beat the Suns when he goes off! (...just did it last night). Boris...get real GeneWojo...he was awful without a suspension.

Even without Game 5 that you perilously cling to, the Spurs won more games than Phoenix after last night (3-2)...never a mention to this. The Spurs showed their moxie in that game. 33 points at half, a hostile crowd and yet they still came back and won. Bruce was big...see karma! So we have thrown out G5 and the Suns are still better? After last night? As in > SUNS ARE BETTER THAN THE SPURS**

GWojo...the NBA playoffs are real...not a Harlequin series that has a perceived happy ending. Maybe YOU PEOPLE* should replay the series on their PS3 or XBOX 360 for satisfaction...face it, it is what it is...and that smacks in YOUR face that the Spurs won! Oh yeah, you said ...cool, heartless efficiency when describing my Spurs...a better choice would have been cool, SURGICAL precision, because that is what they did to Phoenix. Heartless...please give me your physical address so that I can mail you a Lenscrafters coupon to modernize those ridiculous Revenge of the Nerds frames you selected...seriously, it is good for a free second frame just in case you make the same mistake again!

On balance...I scoff at the media's presumption that the Suns are anointed and simply playing Amare and Boris (see last night) would have guaranteed/assumed a Suns victory. The Suns have NEVER PROVEN that they can take the next step on the court...just through the rose-colored glasses of so-called experts and media columnists. Call it tainted if you wish...call the Spurs dirty if you want...but taint exists in your "cute" article and in your pants...

*everyone who claims that the Game 5 suspensions GAVE it to the Spurs.

Mistah Spursluva
:fro

duncan228
05-19-2007, 09:27 AM
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68023

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 09:28 AM
I won't give this DB the time of day. He's a keyboard stroking desk jockey who probably couldn't dance a lick nor hit a left-handed layup. His opinion means squat to me.

I appreciate you defending the Spurs, though. Props to you. What I'm doing is keeping a mental checklist of fools I'll take the time to write to or call, if possible, after the Spurs' season ends, which I'm hoping will be with a championship.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 09:29 AM
In the Fall of 1997, Gene Wojciechowski was a Sports Writer for the Chicago Tribune. At the time, there were rumors that Kevin Garnett of the Minnesota Timberwolves was interested in playing for the Chicago Bulls, who were eventually going to lose Michael Jordan to retirement and Scottie Pippen in a trade to the Houston Rockets in 1998 after their sixth and final championship. Wojciechowski wrote an article describing a hypothetical situation in which Garnett was in the back seat of a Chicago cab driven by someone of Indian or Pakistani decent [1]. Throughout the article, Wojciechowski had the cab driver trying to persuade Garnett to play for the Chicago Bulls. However, the article contained numerous negative ethnic stereotypes in it’s depiction of the foreign cab driver. The Tribune received hundreds of emails and phone calls in regards to the matter. They printed several emails from Indian, Pakistani and Asian groups criticizing both the Tribune and Wojciechowski [2] [3]. Eventually, the Tribune was forced to print an apology [4]. At the time, it was only the 5th apology ever written in the history of the Chicago Tribune which was established in 1847. Although the Tribune offered a formal apology, Wojciechowski has never apologized. He has also never acknowledged or denied that the article was racist in any way.

Sounds like a quality guy. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gene_Wojciechowski)