PDA

View Full Version : What wouldve happened.

gaKNOW!blee
05-19-2007, 12:19 PM
If a few years ago Duncan decided to sign with Orlando back when Grant Hill and Tracy Mcgrady went to them.

I know its a terrible thing to think about and thank god he didnt, but what wouldve happened to the Spurs?

makedamnsure
05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
bahh I'm so sick of all these what ifs: What if Amare had played, what if Duncan had gone to the Celtics...

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 12:23 PM
If a few years ago Duncan decided to sign with Orlando back when Grant Hill and Tracy Mcgrady went to them.

I know its a terrible thing to think about and thank god he didnt, but what wouldve happened to the Spurs?

I don't even want to think about it...it's too unsettling... :lol

Leetonidas
05-19-2007, 12:26 PM
They'd have 5 championships.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 12:29 PM
No they wouldn't. It would have been Tim, a crippled Hill, who they signed first, and cast of cast-offs. McGrady was plan B when Tim didn't sign.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Leave the "what if's" for the Suns.

Russ
05-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Doubtful.

Orlando would have found a way to screw it up. They got Shaquille Oneal and the rights to Chris Webber in successive drafts (by winning the lotto as long shots both times).

But they passed on Webber, let Shaq walk and frittered away all their great fortune. They would have screwed up even getting Tim Duncan, no question.

BUMP
05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
Dallas wouldve won the ship in 03, but then you could also way 'what if' C-Webb didnt go down with the leg injury in the 2nd round against the Mavs.

Dingle Barry
05-19-2007, 12:36 PM
What if the Dallas Chaps never moved to SA?!

Dingle Barry
05-19-2007, 12:37 PM
What if John Naismith hadn't been born?

picnroll
05-19-2007, 12:38 PM
It was Hill and Duncan. McGrady money came because Duncan didn't sign. So basically it would have been Duncan and he'd have been screwed.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 12:41 PM
It was Hill and Duncan. McGrady money came because Duncan didn't sign. So basically it would have been Duncan and he'd have been screwed.
Yeah, they'd have been just good enough to win 50 games every year, but never advance far enough. That could have happened in SA after the meltdown in 2001 if we didn't scout so well overseas. Nice restock with two All Star guards at the end of the first and second rounds. :)

Craig
05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
What if John Naismith hadn't been born?

Nothing would change. His cousin James would go on to invent the sport of Basketball.

picnroll
05-19-2007, 12:44 PM
Spurs and Duncan have led a charmed life. I hate to think that there is such a thing as the law of averages.

CubanMustGo
05-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Spurs and Duncan have led a charmed life. I hate to think that there is such a thing as the law of averages.

Dude, SA had all kinds of bad crap happen over their first 20 years as a franchise. Things are about even now.

efrem1
05-19-2007, 01:02 PM
What if God and Superman got into a fight?
What if Napoleon had a B-52 bomber?

Bah. As my dad used to say, if the dog wouldn't have shitted, he woulda caught the rabbit.

Let's enjoy our run.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:04 PM
The Spurs used to be the team that scored a lot of points and couldn't win in the playoffs. Then they were the team with one of the top two or three players in the league that couldn't win in the playoffs. Some years they were just bad. You make your own luck. How long was Utah down after they lost two hall of famers in the same season?

Man of Steel
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
Man--that brings back memories.

Remember all the uncertainty.

We all freaked out when they rolled out Tiger Woods and the whole red carpet shit.

Then he could not fucking decide.

Robinson came back from Hawaii to talk to Tim--for HOURS!!

David saved our franchise--TWICE!

Tim would have been screwed in Orlando.

And we'd have been screwed still hoping for a ring sometime.

Man--don't ever bring that topic up again!