PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone see Pop at the end of the game?

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:27 PM
Gave a fist pump!!

I just saw that now on Tv!!!

WOW

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 01:29 PM
:lol LJ and I were dying laughing about that last night. It was a powerful pump - you know he was damn happy that series (and all it's drama) was over.

spursgrl20
05-19-2007, 01:30 PM
:clap yeah, i just saw that. i thought he was swatting a fly or something, pop doesn't fist pump.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 01:30 PM
You know those guys hate the pussy Suns and their pussy fans as much as the rest of us do, but they have the good grace not to even say anything about it.

PS. Internets cookie for the first person who makes a .gif of the fist pump.

ThomasGranger
05-19-2007, 01:31 PM
If I remember the camera was behind him, no? Would've been cool to get the expression on his face as well--one of those rare "Fuck yeah!" moments he usually keeps bottled up so well.

timvp
05-19-2007, 01:31 PM
The Pop fist pump was the perfect way to end that series.

I couldn't have said it any better.

T Park
05-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Damn, Pop doesn't even give fist pumps during championships :lol

CharlieMac
05-19-2007, 01:35 PM
He looked so cute didn't he?

word
05-19-2007, 01:36 PM
I love the man. He's such a good coach.

clambake
05-19-2007, 01:37 PM
He was pretty excited. It's not often that you get away with one.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 01:39 PM
The flow is still heavy, I see. Maybe you should visit a gynecologist.

lilmads
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I noticed that and i was like WOAH, coz u never get any reaction outta him

Budkin
05-19-2007, 01:40 PM
I just saw that on NBA TV too... awesome! I was way way too drunk to notice it last night...

clambake
05-19-2007, 01:42 PM
The flow is still heavy, I see. Maybe you should visit a gynecologist.

Can I have the number to yours?

Manu played great!

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 01:43 PM
You're probably lightheaded from the loss of blood.

clambake
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
No, I think he played well.

judaspriestess
05-19-2007, 01:46 PM
We saw that too, it was awesome!! :downspin:

SA210
05-19-2007, 01:47 PM
It was really awesome to see Pop do that.
As humble and quiet as the Spurs are about not complaining about the complainers, I know he was tired of their whiny asses.

Solid D
05-19-2007, 01:50 PM
http://www.well.com/~sjroby/lcars/images/warstrek.jpg

The Day Spock Smiled

Borosai
05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
I saw it last night...I wasn't sure what he did since the camera was behind him. I just saw him do some crazy jerky move and figured he was fucking exhilarated to be done with the series. I looked at the people around him and they started smiling and congratulating him. Good times.

:bike:

Desperado
05-19-2007, 01:53 PM
Please someone get a picture of this up ASAP!!!!

ShoogarBear
05-19-2007, 02:00 PM
That was his D'Antoni impersonation.

spurastic
05-19-2007, 02:06 PM
I think he was more thrilled with the Spurs playing Spurs basketball for the complete game.

AnkleBreaker21
05-19-2007, 02:11 PM
i was wondering what the hell he was doing. damn now i wanna see it again.

Desperado
05-19-2007, 02:12 PM
i was wondering what the hell he was doing. damn now i wanna see it again.

Behrooz24
05-19-2007, 02:32 PM
http://i9.tinypic.com/680qczt.gif

phyzik
05-19-2007, 02:36 PM

sweet :lol

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 02:46 PM
That's a little more "you kids get off my lawn" than fist pump, but it's still awesome.

Cookie for you. Thanks.

CubanMustGo
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Someone needs to sync that with a Marv Albert "YESSSSS!" and it would be perfect.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 02:56 PM

"Checkmate."

ashbeeigh
05-19-2007, 02:56 PM
Pop's hair was also amazing towards the end of the fourth. It was all over the okace. The fist pump must have put in all in place.

50 cent
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM
:lmao

I noticed it as well live and started laughing.

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 02:59 PM

"Dominohh!"

timvp
05-19-2007, 03:03 PM

"Spladow"

michaelwcho
05-19-2007, 03:09 PM
Pop's hair was also amazing towards the end of the fourth. It was all over the okace. The fist pump must have put in all in place.
Reminds me of that movie where Bill Murray plays a professional bowler, and his hair gets more and more riduculous and fro-ed out throughout the climactic bowling scene!

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 03:10 PM
WEAK AS FUCK!

he needs to step his game up to this....

http://www.golftodaymagazine.com/0603/images/s2%20Tiger%20Woods,%20AP%20photo.jpg

Deede4525
05-19-2007, 03:11 PM
Gave a fist pump!!

I just saw that now on Tv!!!

WOW

:elephant Saw it and loved it! Pop never does things like that, but hey,

we are a new team. LOL We aren't SOFT anymore..... :clap

We are THE :ihit SPURS.

:flag:

ALVAREZ6
05-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Pop pretty much summed up the series in a single movement

mVp
05-19-2007, 04:05 PM

priceless :spin

Summers
05-19-2007, 04:15 PM
That's a little more "you kids get off my lawn" than fist pump, but it's still awesome.

Cookie for you. Thanks.

:lol

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I was expecting something like this:

http://www.nba.com/media/manuemotion_627_070519.jpg

Dro210
05-19-2007, 04:51 PM
Haha I noticed it last night.......... Classic

Ronaldo McDonald
05-19-2007, 05:13 PM
that was a fist pump? It looks as if he's telling the people to get the fuck out of his way!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:17 PM
that was a fist pump? It looks as if he's telling the people to get the fuck out of his way!
I think everyone was so shocked to see him do it that they thought the same thing and stepped back.

bigfundamental21
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw it too last night and was like HELL YEAH. Pop never does stuff like that. Oh and his hair was a horrible mess in the second half. It was hilarious.

Go Spurs Go!

E20
05-19-2007, 05:42 PM
I saw that too, but I didn't exactly know what he was actually doing.

mikejones99
05-19-2007, 05:45 PM
usually when pop gets excited his hair stands up for him, especially at the endof a big game. Mormons are coming now then if Spurs win they have to go to hell, Detroit, Mi. Jesus christ help us all.

carina_gino20
05-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Pop is pounding the rock...and that was just the first blow... :smokin

logical_person
05-29-2007, 02:18 AM
Take away the flopping, incorrect calls, dirty plays from Manu the flopper, Bowen the "knee to the groin" man, Horry who was probably instructed to knock out a running Nash (when a minor tug or tap would foul him), and dear old Commissioner Stern. It would be great to play you in a fair game, if that's possible.

The only way the Spurs are better than the Suns is the coaching and I totally agree with you on that ... Pop is a great coach, but I question how sportsmanlike he is. If Pop told Horry to hip check Nash who was running full on, which caused him to fly in the air before hitting the scorer's table and landing hard, he knew that Nash's teammates would instinctively run over to see if he was okay and that someone would get ejected for either leaving the bench or throwing a punch. I believe the only one who did that punch thing was again Cheap Shot Bob!

Oh and in case you forgot - NO ONE WHINES MORE THAN THE SPURS, especially Tim Duncan, even the sportscasters were talking about it.

PS: Why all the comments about Pop never showing emotion and the fist pump was such a big deal? Of course, he probably never gets that angry when most of the calls go the way of the Spurs....hmmmmm, why is that, I wonder? Actually, I have seen Pop very angry before, didn't you watch those games?

Kori Ellis
05-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Take away the flopping, incorrect calls, dirty plays from Manu the flopper, Bowen the "knee to the groin" man, Horry who was probably instructed to knock out a running Nash (when a minor tug or tap would foul him), and dear old Commissioner Stern. It would be great to play you in a fair game, if that's possible.

The only way the Spurs are better than the Suns is the coaching and I totally agree with you on that ... Pop is a great coach, but I question how sportsmanlike he is. If Pop told Horry to hip check Nash who was running full on, which caused him to fly in the air before hitting the scorer's table and landing hard, he knew that Nash's teammates would instinctively run over to see if he was okay and that someone would get ejected for either leaving the bench or throwing a punch. I believe the only one who did that punch thing was again Cheap Shot Bob!

Oh and in case you forgot - NO ONE WHINES MORE THAN THE SPURS, especially Tim Duncan, even the sportscasters were talking about it.

PS: Why all the comments about Pop never showing emotion and the fist pump was such a big deal? Of course, he probably never gets that angry when most of the calls go the way of the Spurs....hmmmmm, why is that, I wonder? Actually, I have seen Pop very angry before, didn't you watch those games?

Get over it.

rayray2k8
05-29-2007, 02:19 AM
Damn....
You gotta let this go man.

logical_person
05-29-2007, 02:20 AM
Turn the tables and see how soon you get over it.

Kori Ellis
05-29-2007, 02:22 AM

Every team goes through a series where they think they got shafted.

But normally fans don't go to other teams' boards weeks later and cry about it.

It's basketball.

B and P Cats
05-29-2007, 02:54 AM

I agree with you Phoenix fan! It's just that they win most of the time, so how should they know or care how anyone else feels? Spurs in the Finals again. Ohh...goody!! I think I'll watch Deal or No Deal, CSI, and Law and Order.

jag
05-29-2007, 02:57 AM
suns fans are still bitching, wow....

timvp
05-29-2007, 02:59 AM
Did the Spurs play the Suns in the playoffs?

I forget.

Sec24Row7
05-29-2007, 03:04 AM
Did the Spurs play the Suns in the playoffs?

I forget.

I think so... can't remember what round though... I do remember it didnt go 7... was it 5 or 6?

It's funny... Utah's white guys are bigger... they don't fly out of bounds as far...

timvp
05-29-2007, 03:13 AM
I could only imagine what Sun Fan would be saying about the Jazz. This series is 23230980923842398 times more physical than the Suns series. If the Spurs were dirty, the Jazz are filthy heathens that should be prosecuted.

Sec24Row7
05-29-2007, 03:14 AM
And they still arent as bad as Seattle or the Nuggets from 2 years ago...

rayray2k8
05-29-2007, 03:16 AM
After the series with the suns, im glad we're playing a team that doesnt bitch as much as them..
Although its not as dramatic as the last one, some will say that the series has been a bit boring.
But who thinks winning is boring??

saporvida
05-29-2007, 03:21 AM
It's just that they win most of the time, so how should they know or care how anyone else feels?

oh poor baby... don't be a pussy! come on now.

then again you are for the bobcats so i see your point. but don't think for one moment spurs fans don't remember the yrs we spent watching our team lose time and time again in the playoffs and never get past the hump. the spurs haven't always been the dominating team it is now but a team that couldn't get to the next level together.

i can't believe you said, "It's just that they win most of the time" only because you should know the best team usually does.

SRJ
05-29-2007, 03:21 AM
Every team goes through a series where they think they got shafted.

And it's always teams that aren't good enough to win who bitch. I know this on a first-hand basis - back when my fan's heart ruled over my brain, I used to think that the Spurs would lose to Magic or Stockton/Malone because of a bad call here or a bad break there. Back then I couldn't accept that my team wasn't good enough to win it all, and now we're seeing this same sort of thing from Suns players and fans. Tonight we saw it from Jazz fans, players, and Jerry Sloan.

Getting pissed off won't change anything, but improving the team might.

B and P Cats
05-29-2007, 03:47 AM
i can't believe you said, "It's just that they win most of the time" only because you should know the best team usually does.

Not necessarily. How much help did the Heat have last year in the Finals? How often did the refs march Wade to the foul line? How often did he deserve it? He had almost 100 foul shots alone in 6 games!! The Mavericks are not known for their many fouls. Personally it looked like the Heat had help, no matter who your favorite team is to me. Hence, the best team may not have won.

Personally if we can't win the eastern conference, I usually like to see Detroit get it. Last year I was upset when they got beat out of it by the Heat, so I was for the Mavs in the Finals. But this year, I really don't care who gets there. It doesn't look right now like it will be anybody new.

So, despite the fact that I love b-ball, I will probably skip watching the Finals.

toosmallshoes
05-29-2007, 04:00 AM
Not necessarily. How much help did the Heat have last year in the Finals? How often did the refs march Wade to the foul line? How often did he deserve it? He had almost 100 foul shots alone in 6 games!! The Mavericks are not known for their many fouls. Personally it looked like the Heat had help, no matter who your favorite team is to me. Hence, the best team may not have won.

Personally if we can't win the eastern conference, I usually like to see Detroit get it. Last year I was upset when they got beat out of it by the Heat, so I was for the Mavs in the Finals. But this year, I really don't care who gets there. It doesn't look right now like it will be anybody new.

So, despite the fact that I love b-ball, I will probably skip watching the Finals.

It must be a conspiracy against Canada. Wait... I bet it is actually just a conspiracy against you. Man... maybe if you cheered for a different team the bobcats would win the championship next year. If I could actually start a conspiracy against you as an individual I would. The Headline would read: "Man Cries So Much His Diaper Explodes."

B and P Cats
05-29-2007, 04:08 AM
It must be a conspiracy against Canada. Wait... I bet it is actually just a conspiracy against you. Man... maybe if you cheered for a different team the bobcats would win the championship next year. If I could actually start a conspiracy against you as an individual I would. The Headline would read: "Man Cries So Much His Diaper Explodes."

You have a problem with the fact that I don't want to watch your Spurs...again? The Bobcats are further along than you think. We beat you once this year as I recall. Just a matter of time.

saporvida
05-29-2007, 04:42 AM

hence "usually"...

FromWayDowntown
05-29-2007, 07:54 AM
That some Suns fans are still bitching about things that happened 2 weeks ago isn't terribly surprising. It seems endemic to that organization. After the WCSF ended, I decided to start reading Jack McCallum's "Seven Seconds or Less," which is about the 2005-06 Suns, and particularly their playoff run. (as an aside, I'd recommend the book to anyone who hasn't read it). Even last year, against the Lakers, the Suns coaches were constantly bitching about how "physical" the Lakers were, about how unfairly the games were being called, about how the league was screwing them over with disciplinary decisions, about how they had to win 5 games to win the series. It's not like any of that just started with the 2007 WCSF -- it's as if it's some strategy that is now pervasive in the greater Phoenix area when it comes to playoff basketball. It's ridiculous.

GSH
05-29-2007, 08:09 AM

Heh. I spent a year in North Carolina once. Actually, it was a week...it just felt like a year. I'm absolutely sure that no one else on the planet cares whether you, Goober, Andy, and Opey watch the NBA Finals. And you obviously aren't that much of a basketball fan.

Since all you are interested in is seeing someone new in the Finals, you can spend the next couple of weeks watching NBA games on Playstation. You can have lots of exciting plays, and get whoever you want to win the championship. (With the possible exception of the Bobcats. Even on Playstation they suck.) If you get Playstation 3, you might not even notice that it's not real.

Say howdy to Aunt Bea for me.

carina_gino20
05-29-2007, 08:41 AM

aw man. you really had to dig up a week-old thread for your rant? I know I stewed very long over the Semis loss last year but I don't remember crying on another team's message board.

and that thing about Rob? he's so great, isn't he? He has all that foresight to know that Amare and Diaw would immediately walk towards the fight. Wow, what a clutch player.

So please stop the whining because the better team won, okay? It's just pathetic.

ObiwanGinobili
05-29-2007, 08:47 AM
The suns fan bumpage of this thread is like a Spurs fan bumping a .4 thread. BEing called out the same way. JUST GET OVER IT.

Hook Dem
05-29-2007, 08:58 AM
Heh. I spent a year in North Carolina once. Actually, it was a week...it just felt like a year. I'm absolutely sure that no one else on the planet cares whether you, Goober, Andy, and Opey watch the NBA Finals. And you obviously aren't that much of a basketball fan.

Since all you are interested in is seeing someone new in the Finals, you can spend the next couple of weeks watching NBA games on Playstation. You can have lots of exciting plays, and get whoever you want to win the championship. (With the possible exception of the Bobcats. Even on Playstation they suck.) If you get Playstation 3, you might not even notice that it's not real.

Say howdy to Aunt Bea for me.
Good analysis!!!!!!!! :drunk

mbass
05-29-2007, 08:59 AM

You really need to get a grip - if you don't know what you posted is complete crap then you, indeed, have a problem

mbass
05-29-2007, 09:04 AM
And they still arent as bad as Seattle or the Nuggets from 2 years ago...

EXACTLY - Seattle and Denver in 2005 were really something - I thought our guys would be killed. The Suns don't have a clue. :ihit

Assman
05-29-2007, 09:26 AM

I didn't know Game 4 was played at the AT&T Center :wtf

wildbill2u
05-29-2007, 09:42 AM
Actually he was telling the reporters that 'we committed too many damn turnovers.' :spin

ambchang
05-29-2007, 09:57 AM
Despite the stuff throwing incidentyesterday, I am just so glad that the Spurs are playing Utah instead of the Suns right now. Scratch that, I am glad that the Spurs are playing ANY team other than the Suns right now. The Spurs have played 3 opponents so far in the playoffs, the Suns series was by far the least physical, the other two teams didn't whine about physicality, and yet the Suns did and refuse to admit that the team are just a bunch of wusses who can't play playoff basketball.
There are more than a dozen flagrant fouls in the playoffs, only ONE led to bench-clearing, yet it was the Spurs fault that the Suns players are too stupid to supress their animal instincts of protecting their loved ones, this is just classic.
And what's with the Spurs whining? The team has basically cut that out during the playoffs, and this coming from fans of a team with a coach like D'antoni and Stoudemire (who by the way is so stupid that he doesn't know when to whine until it was a day after he got "kicked"). Even Nash got into the act in Game 6, during the game AND to the press.
But hey, I suppose if you can't do anything about it, you might as well whine and whine until it makes you feel beter.

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 10:06 AM

Awesome...it's like he's saying, "FINALLY!!!" :toast

TampaDude
05-29-2007, 10:09 AM

YAHTZEE!!!