PDA

View Full Version : More proof ESPN's Bill Simmons is an idiot

CubanMustGo
05-19-2007, 02:36 PM
Like we need more ... this from his latest blog entry,
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070518

All right, 10 thoughts about the NBA playoffs that need to be mentioned:

1. Mike D'Antoni is one of the best coaches alive

No need to read any more. When you start your "10 thoughts" with the most obvious blown take in the history of sports writing, nothing more needs be said.

violentkitten
05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
7. I miss Stephen Jackson. I'm a mess without him. I miss him so damn much. I miss being with him, I miss being near him. I miss his laugh and his crazy smile. I miss his scent; I miss his musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think me and him should get an apartment together.

er....um...

DuncanInYourFace
05-19-2007, 02:40 PM
Wow, does he even watch Phoenix games?

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 02:42 PM
Anyway, here's my prediction for Friday night: The Spurs should win. They should. But I'm not willing to discount another officiating performance like they one from Game 4, in which Phoenix received a 29-14 FT advantage -- ON THE ROAD!!!! -- and Duncan was whistled for his fifth foul with nine minutes left in the game. Remember, we're potentially headed for a final four of San Antonio-Utah and Cleveland-Detroit ... not exactly a marquee group of teams, although it's not quite the same apocalyptic affect of this scenario: Ottawa vs. Anaheim in the 2007 Stanley Cup Finals (which actually might happen). So I don't trust anything that might happen tonight. Not a thing.

So Simmons was also predicting a fix.

Quality.

Where is ImpartialObserver and everyone else who said the fix was in?

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 02:44 PM
and Duncan was whistled for his fifth foul with nine minutes left in the game.

that series should've been over in 5. maybe i'll give game 6 an * since that's en vogue.

Tigole Bitties
05-19-2007, 02:52 PM
and this little nugget:

Speaking of Bowen, Mike in New York passed this story along: "I was in Vegas for a bachelor party last August during the week of the U.S. vs. Puerto Rico exhibition game. We all stayed at the Wynn where almost every basketball player was staying and learned three things: Dwyane Wade really takes care of his dad financially; Clyde Drexler is the coolest guy to play the minimum at the $25 blackjack table; nobody likes Bruce Bowen. Late one night, almost every blackjack table had multiple current or retired NBA players at them and huge crowds to go along with them. That is, except for the table with Bruce Bowen and only Bruce Bowen playing at it. All Bruce's teammates on the USA team were his regular NBA opponents and it was clear that none of them wanted anything to do with him."

Marcus Bryant
05-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Success is a lonely road.

Sec24Row7
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe the tattooed 22 year olds with the 10 strippers hanging all over them at the other table were hitting on soft 18 with the dealer showing a K...

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 02:55 PM
:lol Bruce probably won there too.

ImpartialObserver
05-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Anyway, here's my prediction for Friday night: The Spurs should win. They should. But I'm not willing to discount another officiating performance like they one from Game 4, in which Phoenix received a 29-14 FT advantage -- ON THE ROAD!!!! -- and Duncan was whistled for his fifth foul with nine minutes left in the game. Remember, we're potentially headed for a final four of San Antonio-Utah and Cleveland-Detroit ... not exactly a marquee group of teams, although it's not quite the same apocalyptic affect of this scenario: Ottawa vs. Anaheim in the 2007 Stanley Cup Finals (which actually might happen). So I don't trust anything that might happen tonight. Not a thing.

So Simmons was also predicting a fix.

Quality.

Where is ImpartialObserver and everyone else who said the fix was in?
Why do you always put words in my mouth? I never said that, and that's now the 2nd time you have done it to try and "win" an argument with me. Enjoy the Spurs victory and relax.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 03:20 PM
:lol

Of course you said the refs would favor Phoenix.

Part of the unspoken BIG MARKET conspiracy that gives us Utah/SA/Detroit/Cleveland!

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Why do you always put words in my mouth? I never said that, and that's now the 2nd time you have done it to try and "win" an argument with me. Enjoy the Spurs victory and relax.
You said that the fact that they cashed in their first class tickets meant that they were dirty and that the officiating would be the difference in the game. I too must have missed the post where you said you were wrong and apologized.

dknights411
05-19-2007, 03:35 PM
7. I miss Stephen Jackson. I'm a mess without him. I miss him so damn much. I miss being with him, I miss being near him. I miss his laugh and his crazy smile. I miss his scent; I miss his musk. When this all gets sorted out, I think me and him should get an apartment together.

Uh, that's a personal problem.

ImpartialObserver
05-19-2007, 03:36 PM
You said that the fact that they cashed in their first class tickets meant that they were dirty and that the officiating would be the difference in the game. I too must have missed the post where you said you were wrong and apologized.
Again, I didn't say that. :rolleyes Check out this site so you can put together a non-fallacious argument. (http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/index.html#index)

Money316
05-19-2007, 03:38 PM
:lol Bruce probably won there too.
:fro :drunk :fro

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Again, I didn't say that. :rolleyes Check out this site so you can put together a non-fallacious argument. (http://www.nizkor.org/features/fallacies/index.html#index)
Oh. Since you never really say anything the rest of the time I don't care enough to prove you wrong. Start bringing something instead of trolling like the rest of the Kings fans do and I might cut you a break. Or just fuck off. I don't care.

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Again, I didn't say that.You said that refs didn't report their income from exchanging tickets to the IRS, therefore they were likely to throw games.

It was so brilliant it bears repeating.

tlpintpe
05-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Like we need more ... this from his latest blog entry,
http://proxy.espn.go.com/espn/page2/blog/index?name=simmons&entryDate=20070518

No need to read any more. When you start your "10 thoughts" with the most obvious blown take in the history of sports writing, nothing more needs be said.

Mike d'Antonie as one the best coaches? That's crazy. His inability to stay cool and remain focused contributed much the Suns' demise. He is no where near the caliber of Pop.

Findog
05-19-2007, 04:12 PM
Uh, that's a personal problem.

Anchorman. HTH.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 04:33 PM
You said that refs didn't report their income from exchanging tickets to the IRS, therefore they were likely to throw games.

It was so brilliant it bears repeating.
How is that different from what I said he said and what he said he didn't say? Sounds the same to me. So now the question is, why would he say he didn't say it when it seems clear that's exactly what he said?

ChumpDumper
05-19-2007, 04:48 PM
That's why I said it bears repeating. I notice there has been no response.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 04:54 PM
1. Mike D'Antoni is one of the best coaches alive

Maybe he was being sarcastic. D'Antoni is an idiot.