PDA

View Full Version : Spurs notebook: Parker improves to 13-0 for career against Utah

Kori Ellis
11-28-2004, 02:45 AM
Spurs notebook: Parker improves to 13-0 for career against Utah

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112804.9C.BKNspurs.notebook.9cd124d6.html

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

While Boston has yet to solve the curse of Tim Duncan, Utah hasn't beaten Tony Parker in his four seasons with the Spurs.

After Saturday's victory, Parker is 13-0 all-time against the Jazz.

"They've got a good team, so it's a surprise," Parker said. "Every time we play them, it just looks like their shots are not falling and ours are.

"I know one day they're coming back strong on us. We'll just try to keep this streak going."

Same old, same old: Despite the lopsided score, Saturday's game still featured plenty of hard fouls — the kind that have filled the teams' rivalry.

Howard Eisley pulled Malik Rose to ground as he drove to the basket. Jarron Collins fouled Duncan in the face. Tony Massenburg later did the same to Collins.

"It's always that way when we play Utah," Rose said. "Let's just say they don't like to give up easy layups."

Odds 'n' ends: The Spurs won their 19th consecutive regular-season game at the SBC Center dating to last season. The franchise's longest home winning streak is 22 games, which covered the 1998-99 and '99-2000 seasons. ... The Spurs and Utah each have seven international players on their rosters, the most in the NBA. ... Utah coach Jerry Sloan just moved up one rung on the league's roster of oldest coaches. With the retirement of 71-year-old Hubie Brown, 62-year-old Sloan trails only 67-year-old Knicks coach Lenny Wilkens and 64-year-old Mavericks coach Don Nelson. "I wasn't surprised by any of that," Sloan said of Brown's retirement, which he said was because of health concerns and loss of some of his coaching spirit. "At his age, and at my age, it's not easy. It's a very difficult lifestyle. People think we don't do anything except just go watch a ball game and there's not anything to think about. I realize that. If you just listen to the people in the stands, we'd be OK. We wouldn't have to work." Sloan recalled attending clinics Brown conducted, noting that nearly every NBA coach learned from Brown at one time or another.

grjr
11-28-2004, 03:15 AM
Spurs notebook: Parker improves to 13-0 for career against Utah

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/stories/MYSA112804.9C.BKNspurs.notebook.9cd124d6.html

Johnny Ludden
Express-News Staff Writer

Howard Eisley pulled Malik Rose to ground as he drove to the basket. Jarron Collins fouled Duncan in the face. Tony Massenburg later did the same to Collins.

"It's always that way when we play Utah," Rose said. "Let's just say they don't like to give up easy layups."

And what's with Raja Bell throwing forearms on defense AND offense? He's been pulling that shit against us ever since he went to Dallas. He's fast becoming one of my least favorite players.

Kori Ellis
11-28-2004, 03:17 AM

Tony Parker also got his lip busted open by Keith McCleod. And Tony didn't know who he was :lol

timvp
11-28-2004, 05:18 AM
Jarron Collins also delivered a couple cheap shots.

Same ol' Jazz. Cheap and dirty.

Rummpd
11-28-2004, 06:11 AM
Good that will keep the Spurs motivated to thump them many more times,

MadDoc