PDA

View Full Version : Props to Pop

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
05-19-2007, 04:15 PM
The adjustment he made with Jauque Vaughn was one of the most brilliant things i've seen him do, it totally caught the Suns off guard and was one of the main reasons we went on the big run.

Pop totally out-coached D'Antoni during this entire series

san antonio spurs
05-19-2007, 04:18 PM
The adjustment he made with Jauque Vaughn was one of the most brilliant things i've seen him do, it totally caught the Suns off guard and was one of the main reasons we went on the big run.

That right there was the dagger.
The suns never saw that coming nor had time to adjust.
________
Tracey Cam (http://camslivesexy.com/cam/tracey)

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 04:36 PM
I can now wear my CIA hat with pride.

http://www.armysurplusworld.com/custom/photos/TH_041123195322.jpg

gino>yourlife
05-19-2007, 04:38 PM
the best part about that whole strategy was the look of utter disbelief and ultimate defeat in d'antoni's smug fucking face

TampaDude
05-19-2007, 04:39 PM
CIA Pop ownz all! :smokin

Dro210
05-19-2007, 04:46 PM

Man.... Pure Genius... I was tellin Mick the same thing when he made that adjustment. That was one of the highlights of the night for me.

It was the 1st time in these playoffs we could have him in the game and I didn't feel like I had to hold my breath the entire time

A Guinness toast to Pop for that "Brilllliant!" move.

Props to Bruce for making it work too

SsKSpurs21
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
pop knew they would double tim and leave vaughn open. what made it all work was vaughn actually hitting the shots. if he missed then it would have looked stupid.

game 5 really showed pops genius. that victory belonged to pop.

Dro210
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM
pop knew they would double tim and leave vaughn open. what made it all work was vaughn actually hitting the shots. if he missed then it would have looked stupid.

game 5 really showed pops genius. that victory belonged to pop.

It was more about Pop sending Vaughn right underneath the basket to be left open.... He said, "Ok, you wanna leave him, then we'll put him under the basket... you still wanna leave him?.... didn't think so?"....... Bruce, For 3!

wildbill2u
05-19-2007, 04:57 PM

It was brilliant. It changed Vaughn from a horrible liability to an important piece on the chess board.

Pop gets hammered on this forum a lot, but I keep remembering the guy has three championship rings with teams that had different personnel. He may be brighter than his critics think.

peskypesky
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
It was more about Pop sending Vaughn right underneath the basket to be left open.... He said, "Ok, you wanna leave him, then we'll put him under the basket... you still wanna leave him?.... didn't think so?"....... Bruce, For 3!

EXACTLY!! It was brilliant. Put Jacque right under the basket, where even HE could make a basket. Or pass out to an open perimeter shooter.

Of course, if those perimeter shots hadn't fallen, would we still think it was brilliant?

But I agree with the other posters that it was one of the highlights of the game and series.

san antonio spurs
05-19-2007, 05:04 PM
It was brilliant. It changed Vaughn from a horrible liability to an important piece on the chess board.

Pop gets hammered on this forum a lot, but I keep remembering the guy has three championship rings with teams that had different personnel. He may be brighter than his critics think.

Pop rarely makes in game adjustements wich causes people like AHF to bitch enormously.
Most of the time it is because of his trust into his game plan rather than lack of smarts to adjust.
Like all great coaches, he's stubborn like hell.
________
LIVE SEX WEBSHOWS (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

VaSpursFan
05-19-2007, 05:27 PM
i rail on pop and questions his abilities all the time. but when i saw vaughn as the pg and he started cutting to the basket after passing to timmy, i probably wet my pants because i was so excited. he took a poor jump shooter and put him in a position to add value on the court. that play will bode well for us going forward.

kudos to pop...that was one of the greatest in game adjustments i have seen any coach make.

T Park
05-19-2007, 05:44 PM
i rail on pop and questions his abilities all the time

You being the genius NBA mind that you are...

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:45 PM
:lmao It's folks like that who make it really difficult to question the coach and be taken seriously.

T Park
05-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Im all for questioning the coach when its applicable.

But not for every friggen loss like aggie and his cohorts do.

VaSpursFan
05-19-2007, 06:49 PM
:lol :lol thank you sir

Nbadan
05-19-2007, 06:58 PM
OK, but Vaughn still sucks. Vaughn wouldn't have needed an 'adjustment' if he could hit anything from more than 4 feet with any regularity. Spurs will be lucky if they can win the title without a real back-up point.

san antonio spurs
05-19-2007, 07:44 PM
OK, but Vaughn still sucks. Vaughn wouldn't have needed an 'adjustment' if he could hit anything from more than 4 feet with any regularity. Spurs will be lucky if they can win the title without a real back-up point.
they did in 05.
________
Buy cannabis seeds (http://marijuanaseeds.org/)

Despot
05-19-2007, 07:49 PM
So, did Vaughn play like crap before this just to set the strategy up?

bigfan
05-19-2007, 08:16 PM
Pop does have bad games occasionally but IMHO he is (and has been for a long time now) the best coach in the NBA. Id rather have him than any other coach right now. Ill add, our team isnt a bunch of prima donnas and are coachable, willing to take criticism and follow instruction, and that is why we have the best team in the NBA.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 02:37 AM
they did in 05.
And in '99 the real back up point guard who couldn't hit a 20 foot jumper was starting.

Obstructed_View
05-20-2007, 02:38 AM
Im all for questioning the coach when its applicable.
:lmao

Rummpd
05-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Pop did make one big error in the series - game 4 letting Duncan sit too long, but it is over and the better team won (and better coach).