PDA

View Full Version : Utah fan here, looking forward to a great series with 2 teams who play the right way

Dipship31
05-19-2007, 04:45 PM
While the casual NBA crowd is hating on this series, the people who appreciate quality basketball could really see something special. Pop and Sloan matching wits for what hopefully should be at least 6 games. Awesome matchups on paper with Boozer/Duncan, Ginobili/AK, and Deron/TP. Solid role players as well on both squads with Finley, Millsap, Oberto, Harpring, Barry, etc. Some keys to each team's potential success in this series:

Utah's keys:

-AK needs to be the player he was last series. I don't expect the offensive output he was able to lay on GS, but we could really use his handful of blocks a game that hopefully lead to some transition points. Easy points are gonna be near impossible for us to get this series, but our best bet at them is with AK making a play on the D side.

-Solid bench production. Many times throughout the year the starters have looked flat out of the gate and the bench being led by Harpring and Millsap have completely changed the game's momentum when they come in. There's gonna be multiple games this series where we come out way flat and we'll need that spark from the bench.

-Memo needs to stretch the defense. Memo had really good games against you guys this year and we'll need him again. If he can catch some fire from outside we should have some lanes to get inside and most likely dish when Duncan commits.

Spurs' keys:

-TP is the deciding factor IMO this series. Deron has struggled against these speedy PG's and there might be no one better in using their speed at the position than TP. If he can penetrate into the lane consistently and score or dish to open players he and the rest of the Spurs should have tremendous success.

-Make the open shots because well, they'll be plenty of them. That's our gameplan. We'll try to make you beat us by hitting long 2's or 3's. Neither team wants to get into a jump shooting contest, but the option will be there for you guys. It sure worked for us against the Warriors, but they were just massive chuckers and you guys are just better shooters anyway.

-Rebound the ball. Part of why we have so much success is a lot of 2nd chance opportunities and we did lead the league in rebound discrepancy. Keep us off the offensive glass and keep the total rebound numbers very close and we will be in trouble.

Should be an awesome series that should be execution at it's finest. We gotta steal one of the two games to have a chance I think which will be quite difficult to do since we haven't won there in almost a decade. Our best bet will be Game 1 hoping for some kind of SA fatigue, but I'm not banking on that at all. In fact, our rest could really do us some harm because we're a young team and we really didn't need the rest anyway. I think we play better staying in rhythm and was evident in Game 1 against GS, we had less than 48 hours to rest and we looked sharp as hell. Coming out flat does scare me, but we just need to play our game and hope for the best.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 04:48 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice breakdown. :tu

It's going to be a good series. Boozer is a beast and Okur always plays well against SA.

DarrinS
05-19-2007, 04:49 PM
Nice analysis. Welcome.

Dipship31
05-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I kind of prefer posting on other team's websites rather than my own. The Jazz boards are alright, but just way way too negative when things go wrong.

Roxsfan
05-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Fawk Utah.........can't wait to see them get their collective azzes handed to them :ihit

Go spurs :clap

mardigan
05-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I kind of prefer posting on other team's websites rather than my own. The Jazz boards are alright, but just way way too negative when things go wrong.
What up, welcome, should be a fun series

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:00 PM
Great breakdown of both teams. Milsap is the guy on the Jazz that worries me.

Rick Von Braun
05-19-2007, 05:01 PM

You should drop by this place after the Spurs lose... talk about negativity :drunk

Welcome

Borosai
05-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Good points, and welcome.

samikeyp
05-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Well said. Welcome. :tu

dbestpro
05-19-2007, 05:08 PM
I look forward to a good defensive series. I hope it stays whine free. After the Suns, Nuggets this year and Mavs and Kings of last year this series should be quite refreshing.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
I look forward to a good defensive series. I hope it stays whine free. After the Suns, Nuggets this year and Mavs and Kings of last year this series should be quite refreshing.
And the Nuggets and Sonics of 2005. Hell the last time the Suns fans were relatively classy was when we smashed their hopes right away.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Dipship, nice breakdown! I appreciate your good attitude and respect for my team. I also respect your team immensely.

whottt
05-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Hi, I hate your team and it's greatest players more than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome to the forum.

Obstructed_View
05-19-2007, 05:16 PM
I hate Karl Malone so much I was going to become a Mavericks fan if he signed with the Spurs.

boutons_
05-19-2007, 05:43 PM
"just way way too negative when things go wrong."

That NEVER happens here. No matter how bad our team plays, we're all very positive! :lol

J.T.
05-19-2007, 05:55 PM
Spurs key: Bait other team's players into leaving the bench and getting suspended.

Anyway welcome to the forum. Nice to see fan of another team come here and be cool instead of troll.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 06:04 PM
Spurs key: Bait other team's players into leaving the bench and getting suspended.

Anyway welcome to the forum. Nice to see fan of another team come here and be cool instead of troll.

I feel a lot of love in this room...I hope y'all are using protection :oink

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2007, 06:10 PM
nice breakdown...welcome to the board...

Its gonna be a really interesting series...Y'alls front court is a beast and is gonna give Tim trouble.

Don't be surprised if Pop goes small to counter. Your guards are your weakest link.

SpursWoman
05-19-2007, 06:14 PM
Welcome to the forum! :)

jcrod
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Good first post, hopefully you keep it up and don't turn out like Suns and Mavs fans. Okur is my biggest concern he always seems to play big against us.

MaNuMaNiAc
05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Suns trolls, take cue from Dipship31 here, if there is a right way to make an entrance in this forum, its this way. Good assesment! and welcome to the forum!

CosmicCowboy
05-19-2007, 06:20 PM
BTW...I hope you are a good indicator of what to expect from jazz fans that come in here.

I've had it with whiney Phoenix fans that don't understand playoff basketball.

We had a lot of Detroit fans that trolled us in '05 that stuck because we enjoy talking to other teams fans that understand the game.

Mavs<Spurs
05-19-2007, 06:47 PM
Great breakdown of both teams. Milsap is the guy on the Jazz that worries me.

I was thinking the same thing. He is a beast on the boards.
Can't give up all these second chance points.
Just kills your defense.

dknights411
05-19-2007, 07:17 PM
You should drop by this place after the Spurs lose... talk about negativity :drunk

See the entire month of January for a prime example. That might have been the most negative I've ever seen this board.

bigbendbruisebrother
05-19-2007, 07:21 PM
The Jazz boards are alright, but just way way too negative when things go wrong.

Oh, you're gonna love this place then.
:lol

mikekim
05-19-2007, 07:27 PM
I've been holding some relatively high(er) expectations of jazz fans...i hope those expectations don't get dashed.

efrem1
05-19-2007, 07:30 PM
Utah fans are pretty nice. As for the team all I can say is I guess the Spurs are just going to have to kill you.

http://www.3dsymbolset.com/~dascott/images/tmidrf.jpg

myhc
05-19-2007, 08:03 PM
welcome to the boards and nice first post!! :)

bigfan
05-19-2007, 08:33 PM
We havent seen Sloan in the playoffs in a while. The Jazz are a good team but they really havent played anybody yet. I wouold have liked to see them play the Nugs or Suns. Anyway, should be entertaining. Boozer is having a great year, good for him. That and because the Jazz are a well coached team, they are not crybabies.

LilMissSPURfect
05-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Mutual Respect for Utah but once series starts no buddies until the series is over!

GOOD luck to both teams! No whining and PLAY BALL!

duncan_21
05-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I've always hated stockton and malone, the dirtiest mfers around. I'll always remember the drop kick to drobs groin and drob getting a foul. That said, it could be a good series. I predict the spurs take it in 6.

Dipship31
05-20-2007, 12:14 AM
We havent seen Sloan in the playoffs in a while. The Jazz are a good team but they really havent played anybody yet. I wouold have liked to see them play the Nugs or Suns. Anyway, should be entertaining. Boozer is having a great year, good for him. That and because the Jazz are a well coached team, they are not crybabies.

Thanks all for the love! Just trying to give an un-biased opinion which is something I try to do as much as possible of when it comes to sports. When I talk to fans of my team's or fans of others and they come off a blatent homers it just drives me nuts and I will never be caught dead acting like that. I definitely wouldn't say we haven't played anyone yet because Rockets were a damn solid team this year and winning Game 7 on the road was a massive building block for this team this year and especially for years to come. We would've ended up beating the Nugs I'm sure and we would've given the Suns fits.