PDA

View Full Version : NBA union would welcome back Crawford

TMTTRIO
05-19-2007, 07:08 PM
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=20421999

NBA union would welcome back Crawford

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) -- NBA union chief Billy Hunter said that the players would support the reinstatement of referee Joey Crawford, who was suspended after he was accused of trying to pick a fight with Tim Duncan during a game.

"We hated to see Joey get canned," Hunter told a sports lawyers' convention on Saturday. "I think in all probability Joey will be back. We've expressed our willingness to work with him."

Crawford ejected Duncan from a game last month after calling a second technical foul on the Spurs star while he was laughing on the bench. Duncan said Crawford looked at him and said, "Do you want to fight?"

NBA commissioner David Stern suspended Crawford, who has worked more postseason games than any active ref at least through the NBA finals. Crawford was cited for "improper conduct" and "inappropriate comments made to Duncan during the game."

Stern said Crawford's actions "failed to meet the standards of professionalism and game management we expect of NBA referees."

Crawford said Duncan swore at him.

© 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed. Learn more about our Privacy Policy.

Spurs Dynasty 21
05-19-2007, 07:10 PM
if he comes back, he'll be the story every game

and if could never ref a Spurs game

exstatic
05-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Crawford said Duncan swore at him.
He did, but only after the ridiculous ejection. I believe Tim called him a POS.

Crawford was offered the chance for re-instatement before next season, but it didn't sound like his prideful ass would be able to apply for it. He never admitted that what he did was wrong, a condition I'm sure Stern would put on any re-instatement.

K-State Spur
05-19-2007, 07:39 PM
I would think even Timmy would be alright if it if he would admit that he were wrong.

But that Crawford still thinks he was right means that he still thinks he is bigger than the game which means that off the court is where he still belongs.

GrandeDavid
05-19-2007, 07:45 PM
I love Joey Crawford! I hope he comes back!