PDA

View Full Version : How did D'Antoni escape this series without a single tech?

mando6599
05-19-2007, 08:54 PM
Really, all this guy is, is words. He's so mouthy, whiny, complaining, etc. How in the world did he not get a T in this series?

And tell me how Nash didn't get T'd up last night yelling at the refs for a while? If that had been Duncan, Bowen, or Manu, they'd have T'd them up way earlier!! Anyone agree?

mando

duncan228
05-19-2007, 08:57 PM
I didn't understand how Nash didn't get T'd up last night. He was really going off.

exstatic
05-19-2007, 09:02 PM
D'Antoni did get one tech in Game 3. He deserved about a dozen.

anonymous coward
05-19-2007, 09:03 PM
may be because the zebras knew that they were screwing them

Despot
05-19-2007, 09:09 PM
Hopefully in about 17 hours we can put the Suns behind us.

UV Ray
05-19-2007, 09:12 PM
True...they were already satiated.

infinite styles
05-19-2007, 09:31 PM

I think that that one was called on the assistant coach in the second row if I'm not mistaken.

mavsfan1000
05-19-2007, 09:33 PM
:lol Yeah maybe it was a pity decision not to T up D'antoni.

Kori Ellis
05-19-2007, 09:35 PM
The game that I didn't get why he didn't get a tech was Game 5. In the closing minute of the game, the Spurs are ready to inbound and he literally runs out to midcourt, waving his hands wildly and screaming. The refs stop the play and let him regroup and then the Spurs go ahead and inbound.

When I watched the game the first time, I thought maybe the clock was running or something weird, so the refs let them do-over the play. When I re-watched it, it appeared that D'Antoni's problem was that no one one the Suns was guarding Parker in the backcourt.

So he ran on the court trying to get his own team to re-set their D. :wtf I don't get how/why the refs stopped play and let them get re-set and get someone back on Parker. :lol

infinite styles
05-19-2007, 09:38 PM
The game that I didn't get why he didn't get a tech was Game 5. In the closing minute of the game, the Spurs are ready to inbound and he literally runs out to midcourt, waving his hands wildly and screaming. The refs stop the play and let him regroup and then the Spurs go ahead and inbound.

When I watched the game the first time, I thought maybe the clock was running or something weird, so the refs let them do-over the play. When I re-watched it, it appeared that D'Antoni's problem was that no one one the Suns was guarding Parker in the backcourt.

So he ran on the court trying to get his own team to re-set their D. :wtf I don't get how/why the refs stopped play and let them get re-set and get someone back on Parker. :lol

Yeah that was the major one right there. Pop looked like he was about to walk down there and kick his ass. I'm just glad that this series is over with. I felt this way when the Spurs knocked off the Nuggs back in 05, all that bitching and moaning was annoying as hell.

ambchang
05-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I have seen quite a few year's of basketball, but D'antoni is really on another level in terms of whining in the media.
In game 5, not only did he ran to midcourt to stop play, there was also another instance where the ref had to push him back to his bench because he was literally right next to Parker when Parker was dribbling the ball pass mid court. I kept thinking to myself "is that even legal?" He was clearly blocking the path of Parker, and was definitely limiting Parker's options out there.

onlooker
05-19-2007, 10:33 PM
I was annoyed by his antics too. But hey, the guy's coaching experiences were pretty much shaped in Italy. Do you guys have any idea how demonstrative everybody is in the Italian league? :lol

Budkin
05-19-2007, 10:34 PM

That was the biggest bullshit play I've ever seen. Definitely deserved the tech.

Solid D
05-20-2007, 12:26 AM
How did D'Antoni escape this series without a single tech?

Sometimes, it's too much trouble to fix that dripping faucet...so you just get used to the noise.

violentkitten
05-20-2007, 09:06 AM
being able to stop a successful inbounds without penalty was ridiculous. the officiating crew in game 5 seemed young and impressionable.

Jimcs50
05-20-2007, 09:12 AM

No, that was an assistant, either Ivarone or Dan D'Antoni, not Mike D'Antoni

GrandeDavid
05-20-2007, 09:21 AM
D'Antoni has poor coaching skills and just sets an overall negative tone for the Suns. Eventually people are going to view the Suns for what they are - soft, sappy and tearful, as long as D'Antoni is at the helm. He is just an awful, awful coach. I think UV Ray would do a better job.

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I think that that one was called on the assistant coach in the second row if I'm not mistaken.
Different game. I remembered one on Dasani, and looked back thru the boxes, and he's listed for game 3 as a 'T'.

Jimcs50
05-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Different game. I remembered one on Dasani, and looked back thru the boxes, and he's listed for game 3 as a 'T'.

No techs in game 3

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270512024

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:33 AM
Technical Fouls
4th Qtr 7:29 D'Antoni
From NBA.COM
official box score (http://www.nba.com/games/20070512/PHXSAS/boxscore.html)

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:35 AM
No techs in game 3

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=270512024
Yahoo stuff can be funny, like the DNP/OLD they did for Horry, but I wouldn't take them as official or accurate.

Oops, my bad. ESPN, not yahoo. I'd still go by NBA.COM's box, and I do remember them finally ringing him up.

Jimcs50
05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
From NBA.COM
official box score (http://www.nba.com/games/20070512/PHXSAS/boxscore.html)

that was Dan D’Antoni, his brother. Mike did not have a tech in that series.

Look it up.

DarrinS
05-20-2007, 09:42 AM
How does D'Antoni escape the chopping block? He's a raving idiot. Nice job with those timeouts in game 6.

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:45 AM
that was Dan D’Antoni, his brother. Mike did not have a tech in that series.

Look it up.
Well which is it? No tech at all, or one on his ugly toupeed brother?

Anyone have the game still recorded and can go to that time point to check for us? I could swear it was on Dasani.

Jimcs50
05-20-2007, 09:46 AM
Well which is it? No tech at all, or one on his ugly toupeed brother?

Anyone have the game still recorded and can go to that time point to check for us? I could swear it was on Dasani.

Let's make a small wager, say a Starbucks' $10 gift card. Mike dodged a bullet the whole series.

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 09:47 AM
The technical they are thinking of was by a different assistant in game 1 still complaining about the 3rd Stoudemire foul at the end of the second quarter...

That tech came at the beginning of the 3rd...

Sec24Row7
05-20-2007, 09:50 AM
How does D'Antoni escape the chopping block? He's a raving idiot. Nice job with those timeouts in game 6.

Yeah that timeout to get Nash out of the game for Bell was LUDICROUS... i mean.. wait one posession... save the Timeout... what a moron... I can't believe the tantrum he threw over that...

Pop had a legitimate gripe about Dantoni being on the floor during the inbound play in game 5... but did you see him whine? Nope... he was PISSED...

Dantoni has the worst body language of any coach I have ever seen... well... maybe Bob Hill...

exstatic
05-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Let's make a small wager, say a Starbucks' $10 gift card. Mike dodged a bullet the whole series.
If Kori officiates and decides, you're on. :)