PDA

View Full Version : One Guy On The Jazz That I Worry About

Ghost Writer
05-19-2007, 09:22 PM
I'm not really sweating Deron Williams or Carlos Boozer, because Parker and Duncan are both better.

I think Ginobili will destroy any SG the Jazz throw at him.

AK-47 is a major x-factor, but that's for another thread.

Mehment Okur could have a huge series against the Spurs.

When this foreign center gets going, he's tough to stop. No, he's not going to change a game with his shot blocking or defense in the paint, but he'll grab 10 boards.

What makes him dangerous is his shooting. Okur can stretch defenses by nailing the occasional 3 and has a nice jumper for a 5.

Fabricio Oberto matches up with Okur better than Elson, so the Argentinian with the weird headband will have his hands full.

Watch out for Okur.

:cooldevil

timvp
05-19-2007, 09:47 PM
If Horry can rebound with him and run him off his threes, that'd be pretty huge.

AK47
05-19-2007, 09:50 PM
I agree I think Okur is going to be the X factor for us since the Spurs biggest weakness is there center position.

thekingrobert
05-19-2007, 09:53 PM
he played pretty bad so far hopefully he keeps it up

texbound
05-19-2007, 11:25 PM
If Horry can rebound with him and run him off his threes, that'd be pretty huge.

Completely agree with Timvp. I think Horry needs to come up huge in this series. He's had plenty of rest, so fatigue shouldn't be a factor. I am a little worried about Okur posting up Horry, but as long as he keeps him off the 3pt line then it's ok. Okur seems to really get energized and active on the boards once he knocks down a couple of 3 pointers. Also, make Okur guard Horry on the wings and keep him off the defensive glass.

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 11:29 PM
dont trip..... horry will just take out deron and then the league will suspend okur and boozer for stepping 3 inches over the line..... yall got this....

violentkitten
05-19-2007, 11:30 PM
"trip"? that's so 1997

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 11:34 PM
funny how everyone loves changing subjects around here lately...... :lol :lol

smeagol
05-19-2007, 11:36 PM
dont trip..... horry will just take out deron and then the league will suspend okur and boozer for stepping 3 inches over the line..... yall got this....
Are all Sacramento Fans as stupid as you?

The other idiot Kings Fan is not helping either.

Fillmoe
05-19-2007, 11:37 PM
do i have to be a spurs fan in order for the league to hand my team a series?

spurster
05-19-2007, 11:42 PM
A lot of the time the Spurs could go small and put Finley on Okur. The Spurs put Finley on Amare a lot and the Suns never took advantage of it.

DynastyBuilder
05-19-2007, 11:44 PM
The Jazz's offense is predicated on Boozer's inside forte' and Okur's outside. Williams is the driver of the car but Kirilinko is the x-factor, IMO.

Quasar
05-20-2007, 11:47 AM
he played pretty bad so far hopefully he keeps it upI watched a few of the Rockets/Jazz games, and he definitely came up big for them, somewhat like Manu for us.

But Manu's 10 times better!

Okur still leaves me apprehensive though... Good player. Hope we sign him if he's available. He's proven time and time to be a Spurs killer, just like Horry!

VegasJazz
05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I watched a few of the Rockets/Jazz games, and he definitely came up big for them, somewhat like Manu for us.

But Manu's 10 times better!

Okur still leaves me apprehensive though... Good player. Hope we sign him if he's available. He's proven time and time to be a Spurs killer, just like Horry!

Manu is good but not 10 times better. Use your head not your heart. :fro

Mavs<Spurs
05-20-2007, 12:01 PM
I am worried about Boozer first, Deron second, Okur 3, Millsap 4, Kirilenko 5, Fisher 6 and nobody else.

That's six people to worry about.

Jazz are pretty good and they rebound very well. They defend well, except for fouling.

picnroll
05-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Okur is foul prone and will likely have to match up with Duncan on D. Hopefully Duncan can put him on the bench.

Mavs<Spurs
05-20-2007, 12:11 PM
Okur is foul prone and will likely have to match up with Duncan on D. Hopefully Duncan can put him on the bench.

Okur is going to try to guard Tim Duncan.

Well, this series is going to easier than I thought.

:elephant

JAZZinSIX
05-20-2007, 12:14 PM
Okur actually did a nice job on Yao, but no one in the league can guard Duncan which is somthing you guys must be used to. He is the X-factor, though. He's been chained to the lane in the last two series to tilt the rebounding wars but he'll be sprung to the perimeter much more in this series. He's struggled with his outside shot a bit but when he gets going, it's like he can't miss.

SAGambler
05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Okur is going to try to guard Tim Duncan.

Well, this series is going to easier than I thought.

:elephant

Yep...Duncan is in a zone right now. If Okur tries to guard him, Tim will destroy him.

I'm begining to think some of Horry is rubbing off on Tim. Kind of just play through the season, and then step it up a couple of notches in the playoffs.

Now if Manu and Tony will continue to each put up 30 plus a game, this should be a short series.

Mavs<Spurs
05-20-2007, 12:20 PM
Yep...Duncan is in a zone right now. If Okur tries to guard him, Tim will destroy him.

I'm begining to think some of Horry is rubbing off on Tim. Kind of just play through the season, and then step it up a couple of notches in the playoffs.

Now if Manu and Tony will continue to each put up 30 plus a game, this should be a short series.

Yeah, I think I see that also.

Tim will have his typical ho hum 20 pts 10 reb ppg regular season average and then become a monster in the postseason.

He played incredible against the Suns the whole series. He didn't have a single bad game.

romain.star
05-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Kirilenko is the X factor of the serie no matter what Okur does...

SpursIndonesia
05-20-2007, 12:33 PM
But i thought Chris Whitney > Tony Parker, how exactly he can contain Deron Williams, a stud young PG who's a budding superstar in this league ? http://forum.chip.co.id/images/smilies/extra/ask.gif

J/K. :lol

K-State Spur
05-20-2007, 12:34 PM
Well, I'll throw out a name nobody seems to be talking about - Giricek. That's probably because the Spurs typically do a pretty good job on him. But when he gets going, they become significantly more difficult to defend as a team.

Quasar
05-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Manu is good but not 10 times better. Use your head not your heart. :froHas Okur ever reeled off 18 consecutive points to tear out a win from the enemy's hand?

Game changing steals?

Morale-sapping, momentum-killing dunks like the one on the lakers or the pistons?

Definitely 10 times better in the clutch :smokin

No one compares with Manu when the gauntlet is thrown - he gives his all.

Like they say, "Everynight, the boogeyman checks under his bed in case Manu is there"

All your base are belong to us! :toast

Heh... actually I look forward to this series. Should be a great one. I was quite impressed with the way the Jazz played the Rockets - their execution reminded me of the Spurs. Let's do this! :clap

ATXSPUR
05-20-2007, 01:27 PM

really? personally I lean more toward the idea of taking out ak! :donkey

The Great Fantastic
05-20-2007, 01:28 PM
The Jazz are a physical team. I'll be worried when Aruajo comes in the game. That guy can hurt someone pretty badly. He reminds me of Lennie from "Of Mice and Men."

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:43 PM
I think its Okur also....three times over the last couple of years, Okur has beaten the Spurs on last second tip-ins and a buzzer beating 3.

Yell_42
05-20-2007, 01:45 PM
I'm not really sweating Deron Williams or Carlos Boozer, because Parker and Duncan are both bette

l

Ok, Duncan at this stage is better than Boozer. Although that may change by the end of the series.

But to suggest that little French guy is a better play then Deron Williams? :dizzy

samikeyp
05-20-2007, 01:47 PM
Ok, Duncan at this stage is better than Boozer. Although that may change by the end of the series.

So if Boozer has a better series, he is an all-time better player than Duncan?

I think TP is the better player right now...but Williams is only in his second year(I think...correct me if I am wrong on that one) and is well on his way to a great career

Fillmoe
05-20-2007, 01:48 PM
Duncan is truly better than Boozer but no way in hell is TP better than Deron Williams...... TP can only do two things..... slash to the basket and hit his mid range jump shot every now and then...... Deron is an all around PG

hater
05-20-2007, 01:49 PM
Kirilenko will be guarding Manu right?

SequSpur
05-20-2007, 06:06 PM
Okur sucks.

CubanMustGo
05-20-2007, 07:15 PM
Deron abused TP.